Home The Bridge
Options

Will the next campaign have ISM in the rewards? (Panem et Circenses)

Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
Will the next campaign follow the current structure with ISM in place of loot boxes? Or will it go back to the previous structure? Or will it have an altogether new structure?

Thanks in advance, @Shan (or other WRG staff)
Farewell 🖖

Best Answers

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    To each their own. Your POV is absolutely fine, though I will admittedly miss being amazed at your 50-pack pull reports after mega events. (I assume you can’t maintain that pace going forward, if you’re going F2P.)

For myself, in the pre-campaign survey, I advised them not to price it too high such that low-spenders would not be turned off. IMO, the price point needed to be $5 or less (though I didn’t expect a 28-day campaign at the time). I was prepared to bump my personal spending by another $5. When they priced it at the same point as the LTO crew and the 10-pack offer, they forced me into an one-or-the-other monthly expense decision (my budget being what it was). Instead of being annoyed by their decision, I simply made the choice to stop buying the other offers and to only buy the quasi-subscription campaign offer (plus monthly card). I see the campaign value as being the crew, citations, dilithium, honor, and merits. The other stuff is fine but immaterial to my personal assessment of the value I’m getting. Loot boxes? Yep, they were ok at times. ISM? Seems ok so far to me, though my total keeps climbing since I have trouble pulling the trigger on spending 8K or more on a scan.

After some time to consider the issue, I’m firmly in the “should have mixed it in with a minor reduction in boxes, trainers, etc” camp. But I’m not in charge, so I’ll live with the choice they made.

This is where I am too now. At first, I was happy for the crates to be gone, but now I miss that small endorphin rush a little bit. :cry:

Answers

• Options
    Good question. I've already got an updated table for the one with ISM. I hadn't even considered that they might change it again so soon.
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they leave it as is, the loot boxes were actively annoying. Not only were the full of useless junk, it was useless junk I had to go and actively throw out or risk losing something non-useless.
  • Options
    In my view I like having them as loot boxes. I loved getting the gold item drops, saves me wasting a rep ration. I have already got an oversupply of ism. Why do one scan at a high cost when the next day you can do five for the same cost etc

Maybe they can do a 50/50 split. - or as an either/or option like in Skirmish events.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why should they reverse it? Don t get this thread, sorry.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options

Not saying they should. But they didn't say this was a permanent change. Remember when they didn't say 120 tiers was a permanent change and they didn't do it in the next campaign? It's kind of like that.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

We will see if it cost them any sales. If so they may want to refigure how to add it.
    My 3 accounts, I did not buy the premium track. This next campaign I will continue my protest, by making my 3rd account monthly pass only. My main and second account I will skip the first offer that I would buy if not protesting the change. In addition to not buying the campaign premium track.

If I am protesting by the 4th campaign, they will have lost me I will be f2p on all my accounts.

Edit: All depends on whether the loot boxes are back.
  • Options
    PavelHPavelH ✭✭✭
    Do I want junk equipment that doesn't even help my chron reserves which run into the 10s of 1000s or a reasonable increase in the chance of getting the legendary I need? For me the option is a no brainer and I don't see why they'd bring the old system which was clunky w/ RNG drops and practically useless for everyone lvl 70 or above.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    PavelH wrote: »
    Do I want junk equipment that doesn't even help my chron reserves which run into the 10s of 1000s or a reasonable increase in the chance of getting the legendary I need? For me the option is a no brainer and I don't see why they'd bring the old system which was clunky w/ RNG drops and practically useless for everyone lvl 70 or above.

Two of my accounts are level 99 for a very long time. The loot crates are not useless to me. I never stop leveling and have a lot of duplicate superrare crew.

Edit: April 2019 when did you start playing?

My 3rd account I started recently I think the beginning of December it is only level 54 and can use all the loot crates It can get.

My main account I started playing in June the first year of STT.
    My second account I created before the first event that squadrons got rank rewards. I think it was a week before. I believe that was sometime around October of 1st year.

Okay Ribbon of Joy was my first ranking in an event for my 2nd account.
    Not quite right though my squadron had a ranking in The Second Battle of New York. My 2nd account did not participate in an event until Ribbon of Joy. So I was right my 2nd account was started in October of 2016.

My first event for my main account was Season of Love.
  • Options
    Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    I'm level 72 and I frequently got useful purple items and occasionally some gold items, whereas the ISM just piles up for me. Without the crates, the campaigns have less of value for me. I personally just don't really care for the ISM and would rather future campaigns bring the crates back while shuffling the quantity of things around to include both ISM and some crates for those of us that did find value in them.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I think we all know how I feel about the lack of crates and I hit level 82 Tuesday. (Need to update my sig.) I started playing January 20, 2019. (A cousin's birthday and the day before my data plan rolled over, so I know exactly.)
    They aren't useless to be. I track my immortal crew progress and it has fallen behind significantly since the crates stopped. I have less than 200 purples left to do. I have all, but one from the portal. The equipping is the issue now. I also have good luck with Dabo, so it is about playing style.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    It would be fun if each month they would do something differently. Keeps it fresh.
  • Options
    Thank you, Shan. I appreciate the confirmation.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    The changes that were introduced with the current campaign are the new structure for campaign rewards. So yes, ISM will be in the rewards.

Ok thanks for letting me know. My wallet is closed as of today.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    one wallet closes another opens
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »

And when the novelty wears off and ISM piles up like honor in hopes of getting something to spend it on? Scan it away? Have a hoard of useless pole stars? Do what I do and make any decent pool to keep quantum moving? Pulled the EMA and Locarno so far. May do Q+Interrogator next.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

I have 3 accounts so you should be saying 3 others open.

And seriously who, that was not buying the premium campaign track before, is now buying it because of the ISM on it.

Edit: the 3rd account I started early December 2020 is VIP12. Almost VIP13, ahh $48 away somewhat close. Though I was planning on spending $10 on it tomorrow.
  • Options
    Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    The changes that were introduced with the current campaign are the new structure for campaign rewards. So yes, ISM will be in the rewards.

Is there a dislike option instead of awesome? I find this change disappointing.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bound2Fate wrote: »

Is there a dislike option instead of awesome? I find this change disappointing.

I wanted the same thing👍
  • Options
    WaldoMag wrote: »

And seriously who, that was not buying the premium campaign track before, is now buying it because of the ISM on it.

While I agree that the crates could be useful if farmed correctly, I'm sure there are people who are now more likely to purchase the premium campaign. I'm actually one of them.

I'm disappointed by the removal of the crates, but they were never a reason for me to purchase the premium track. So far I only purchased it when I really wanted the featured legendary. With the new campaign that has just been announced, ISM might actually be what gets me to buy it, if I buy it.
    I haven't decided yet, but I know that without ISM I would probably skip it.
  • Options
    Webberoni wrote: »
    While I land on the side of ISM in the great 'ISM vs crate' debate, I still don't understand why it has to be a total 1-for-1 swap. As others have said in both this derailed thread and the original battleground thread, why not remove a mix of secondary rewards to create space for the ISM rewards, rather than just 1 type of secondary reward (crates)? Wouldn't that appeal to everybody, no matter why type/level player you are or what secondary rewards are your personal preference?

+1 on this.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah my ism is useless, I scan a ton, occasionally get one and it's for humans 😄. I have like 6 of that trait already
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

While I agree that the crates could be useful if farmed correctly, I'm sure there are people who are now more likely to purchase the premium campaign. I'm actually one of them.

I'm disappointed by the removal of the crates, but they were never a reason for me to purchase the premium track. So far I only purchased it when I really wanted the featured legendary. With the new campaign that has just been announced, ISM might actually be what gets me to buy it, if I buy it.

I am surprised by your post. I on all 3 of my accounts (Even the 3rd account I started in December that only got to 80 on the track, because I started in the middle of that 120 campaign) found value in the campaign.

For $10.00 getting a legendary citation plus everything else, I see as very useful.

However, when something is removed without asking me for my input, I respond by not spending money, anymore.

Edit: Basically they don't value the input of their players, they just respond to a minority who they here from.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    cmdrworf wrote: »

I am surprised by your post. I on all 3 of my accounts (Even the 3rd account I started in December that only got to 80 on the track, because I started in the middle of that 120 campaign) found value in the campaign.

For $10.00 getting a legendary citation plus everything else, I see as very useful.

However, when something is removed without asking me for my input, I respond by not spending money, anymore.

Edit: Basically they don't value the input of their players, they just respond to a minority who they here from.

And the entitlement continues. I find it a bit extreme with the "Without asking me for my input" comment.

Pretty bad when someone feels that a company needs to run everything past a player. But as always, its a choice. you don't like it don't spend. Frankly between the crew and the citations I couldn't care less what other stuff they give with it.

Actually the entitlement does not continue. They are not getting my money anymore. Edit3: Let me be clear TP is not entitled to my money they have to earn it. Who is getting money in this relationship, I am not. So TP is the one acting entitled.

Edit: Also Shan ignored the comments about returning the loot boxes. To me I felt she was happy to say that the campaign will stay as is,

Edit2: Before campaigns were introduced. Us player were asked to fill out a questionaire. What I stated in the questionnaire that I, even with my spending, was not getting closer to obtaining all the crew I was getting farther away. With this type of return on my spending I would stop spending.

Shortly after ttat questionnaire we got the campaign. Buying the Campaign premium track has allowed me to get closer to obtaining all the crew not father away in a years, time.
    If I now choose not to buy that premium campaign there is no point spending any money.