Home The Bridge
Options

Will the next campaign have ISM in the rewards? (Panem et Circenses)

Answers

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    To each their own. Your POV is absolutely fine, though I will admittedly miss being amazed at your 50-pack pull reports after mega events. (I assume you can’t maintain that pace going forward, if you’re going F2P.)

For myself, in the pre-campaign survey, I advised them not to price it too high such that low-spenders would not be turned off. IMO, the price point needed to be $5 or less (though I didn’t expect a 28-day campaign at the time). I was prepared to bump my personal spending by another $5. When they priced it at the same point as the LTO crew and the 10-pack offer, they forced me into an one-or-the-other monthly expense decision (my budget being what it was). Instead of being annoyed by their decision, I simply made the choice to stop buying the other offers and to only buy the quasi-subscription campaign offer (plus monthly card). I see the campaign value as being the crew, citations, dilithium, honor, and merits. The other stuff is fine but immaterial to my personal assessment of the value I’m getting. Loot boxes? Yep, they were ok at times. ISM? Seems ok so far to me, though my total keeps climbing since I have trouble pulling the trigger on spending 8K or more on a scan.

After some time to consider the issue, I’m firmly in the “should have mixed it in with a minor reduction in boxes, trainers, etc” camp. But I’m not in charge, so I’ll live with the choice they made.

You got that right about those 50 mega pack pulls. That came from my spending.
    I am going to miss those pulls. But, for the most part I do not use Dil. on anything else now. So I might try 8 pulls on this first one that comes up. But even that will not be maintainable.

Edit: I have 18k dil. On my main and 17k dil on Crusoe. So after Crusoe makes a faction run will be 18k on both. Just did a faction run on WaldoMag. I might save it for the right mega event and blow it all on that one. I think that will be what I will do.

Edit2: Kind of strange how this worked out but I am on day 14 of my current monthly pass on both accounts. So I will have enough for 50 packs in both accounts. So not 50+, but one last hoorah. My 3rd account is on day4. But I spend dil. still on it, so no Mega Packs for it.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in favor of the ISM.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    V. wrote: »
    one wallet closes another opens

And seriously who, that was not buying the premium campaign track before, is now buying it because of the ISM on it.

While I agree that the crates could be useful if farmed correctly, I'm sure there are people who are now more likely to purchase the premium campaign. I'm actually one of them.

I'm disappointed by the removal of the crates, but they were never a reason for me to purchase the premium track. So far I only purchased it when I really wanted the featured legendary. With the new campaign that has just been announced, ISM might actually be what gets me to buy it, if I buy it.
    I haven't decided yet, but I know that without ISM I would probably skip it.

I am surprised by your post. I on all 3 of my accounts (Even the 3rd account I started in December that only got to 80 on the track, because I started in the middle of that 120 campaign) found value in the campaign.

For $10.00 getting a legendary citation plus everything else, I see as very useful.

However, when something is removed without asking me for my input, I respond by not spending money, anymore.

Edit: Basically they don't value the input of their players, they just respond to a minority who they here from.

I think it depends on playstyle and strategies. Others were surprised that as a lv 90 player I still found the crates useful (or that they were ever useful at all for some of us).

I'm not a competitive player, I dislike Galaxy and Skirmish events way too much to ever try for rank 1 and it's been pointed out to me that as a low spender I will never rank first in a Faction either, regardless of how many years I spend hoarding resources. One of the many people willing to spend a lot of money at once will realize that there's an easy win in sight and take it, unless I come to an agreement with all of them before, which kind of takes the fun out of it for me.
    And I don't care about any achievements between rank 1 and 200.
    I can go for the ranked reward whenever I want, even just by using my ton of immortal 4*, all existing mega legendaries and the few other immortal 5* I have, who almost always provide me with plenty of bonus crew.

I don't care about voyages longer than 10 hours, because I don't like to babysit them and I recall them all at 10 hours anyway.

What I do care about is to collect crew that I like (for the art, the character or the specific episode they're from) but being a rather casual Star Trek fan and mainly a Voyager fan, there aren't that many legendaries left that I feel I really need to have.

Almost everything in the premium tier of the campaign is stuff that I have tons of and I don't really need more. Crates were actually among the slightly more useful items in it. But ISM on the other hand gives me a shot at elusive polestars, which again give me a chance to retrieve one of those 10 or so cards that I still want.

I get it. But keep in mind that I do not know how many people would have minded if they took away replicator rations. Or trainers, or just a combination of both yielding less of each but in exchange one would get ISM.

I am in a fleet of my 3 accounts. I have no extra replications from the starbase. I managed to get my 3rd accounts VIP level to the point where I get 4 replications. I guess if a new player joined a large fleet they may want those replication rations, though I do not know if that is the case. I have enough rations from voyages along with using starbase components and occasional schematics from ones I have completed. I know when the replicator first came into existence I would use equipment and components that I never seemed to run out of, in my other accounts. But with this new account I have never needed to do that. Might be different if I had more than 4 replications a day. However the premium track items I got from the loot boxes, I found to be more useful than replicator rations. This very well could be true for others too. Also, I would think people would get to the point that replicator rations are not needed anymore. I know on my main 2 accounts this is true. However, I can only replicate 6 times a day at maximum on those two accounts.

The trainers well they give so many of the superrare trainers that it is almost like they are giving the gold trainers. Knowing how I kept using honor to get gold trainers in my 3rd account, people may want those too. I know at some point all players could care less about trainers.

If nothing else some combination of loot boxes, replicator rations, and trainers could have been used to replace with ISM. Though I would prefer a combination of trainers and replicator rations be used.

Edit: I just looked at the premium track it contains no Trainers. I have no problem with credits being replaced with ISM. The credits they offer are so little that they would make no difference to me if they are eliminated. So the question for others do they feel that the credits on the premium track help them.

Edit2: There is no point to my posts, because TP is not going to change the rewards anymore anyhow. But, as has been mentioned by many. Why even replace just add the ISM to the loot boxes. Give both.
  • Options

And seriously who, that was not buying the premium campaign track before, is now buying it because of the ISM on it.

While I agree that the crates could be useful if farmed correctly, I'm sure there are people who are now more likely to purchase the premium campaign. I'm actually one of them.

I'm disappointed by the removal of the crates, but they were never a reason for me to purchase the premium track. So far I only purchased it when I really wanted the featured legendary. With the new campaign that has just been announced, ISM might actually be what gets me to buy it, if I buy it.

I am surprised by your post. I on all 3 of my accounts (Even the 3rd account I started in December that only got to 80 on the track, because I started in the middle of that 120 campaign) found value in the campaign.

For $10.00 getting a legendary citation plus everything else, I see as very useful.

However, when something is removed without asking me for my input, I respond by not spending money, anymore.

Edit: Basically they don't value the input of their players, they just respond to a minority who they here from.

I think it depends on playstyle and strategies. Others were surprised that as a lv 90 player I still found the crates useful (or that they were ever useful at all for some of us).

I'm not a competitive player, I dislike Galaxy and Skirmish events way too much to ever try for rank 1 and it's been pointed out to me that as a low spender I will never rank first in a Faction either, regardless of how many years I spend hoarding resources. One of the many people willing to spend a lot of money at once will realize that there's an easy win in sight and take it, unless I come to an agreement with all of them before, which kind of takes the fun out of it for me.
    And I don't care about any achievements between rank 1 and 200.
    I can go for the ranked reward whenever I want, even just by using my ton of immortal 4*, all existing mega legendaries and the few other immortal 5* I have, who almost always provide me with plenty of bonus crew.

I don't care about voyages longer than 10 hours, because I don't like to babysit them and I recall them all at 10 hours anyway.

What I do care about is to collect crew that I like (for the art, the character or the specific episode they're from) but being a rather casual Star Trek fan and mainly a Voyager fan, there aren't that many legendaries left that I feel I really need to have.

Almost everything in the premium tier of the campaign is stuff that I have tons of and I don't really need more. Crates were actually among the slightly more useful items in it. But ISM on the other hand gives me a shot at elusive polestars, which again give me a chance to retrieve one of those 10 or so cards that I still want.

I get it. But keep in mind that I do not know how many people would have minded if they took away replicator rations. Or trainers, or just a combination of both yielding less of each but in exchange one would get ISM.

I am in a fleet of my 3 accounts. I have no extra replications from the starbase. I managed to get my 3rd accounts VIP level to the point where I get 4 replications. I guess if a new player joined a large fleet they may want those replication rations, though I do not know if that is the case. I have enough rations from voyages along with using starbase components and occasional schematics from ones I have completed. I know when the replicator first came into existence I would use equipment and components that I never seemed to run out of, in my other accounts. But with this new account I have never needed to do that. Might be different if I had more than 4 replications a day. However the premium track items I got from the loot boxes, I found to be more useful than replicator rations. This very well could be true for others too. Also, I would think people would get to the point that replicator rations are not needed anymore. I know on my main 2 accounts this is true. However, I can only replicate 6 times a day at maximum on those two accounts.

The trainers well they give so many of the superrare trainers that it is almost like they are giving the gold trainers. Knowing how I kept using honor to get gold trainers in my 3rd account, people may want those too. I know at some point all players could care less about trainers.

If nothing else some combination of loot boxes, replicator rations, and trainers could have been used to replace with ISM. Though I would prefer a combination of trainers and replicator rations be used.

Edit: I just looked at the premium track it contains no Trainers. I have no problem with credits being replaced with ISM. The credits they offer are so little that they would make no difference to me if they are eliminated. So the question for others do they feel that the credits on the premium track help them.

Edit2: There is no point to my posts, because TP is not going to change the rewards anymore anyhow. But, as has been mentioned by many. Why even replace just add the ISM to the loot boxes. Give both.

I would have also preferred it if they had replaced a mix of different rewards with ISM. I guess all of them are useful for some players, so the best solution to make everyone happy would be to keep some of all the different types.

But my guess is that by replacing the crates they also want to encourage players to replicate more, which costs credits. So it could increase credit purchases.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    I'd like to see all of the RNG crap in these rewards replaced with currencies. And those loot boxes were the height of RNG crap to me. As I stated earlier, I found them actively annoying and would have just preferred to get nothing instead of them, so for me getting any currency instead of them is a plus. If they replace those loot boxes with replicator rations and more credits surely that would solve everyone's problems.

Whilst I respect people's right to protest and keep their wallet closed, the response from some people here seems tantamount to cutting off their nose to spite their face. The campaign is without a doubt the best value item in the game.

The only reason I haven't bought it every month is that some months I can't be bothered doing the dailies, but now that it matters to the rest of my fleet that I do them, I will be buying the campaign more regularly. I imagine I won't be alone in this thinking, so those who are not buying just won't be noticed.

So with a protest that isn't likely to achieve anything (and let's be honest, isn't exactly a civil rights issue), why would you bother in this instance? Just **tsk tsk** it up, get the good stuff and continue to focus on the stuff you enjoy instead of the minor irritations, that the majority seem happy about. I mean, they actually are listening to their customers in this case.

Believe me it is much easier to not worry about changes to a game when you do not spend money on it. So I will definitely be enjoying it more and not sweating the small stuff.
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    I know I’m in the minority here as a newer player, but those crates were far more helpful to me than the ISM. I get new crew all the time through campaign, event rewards, or portal sales, and I can tell gearing them is slower. I’m currently sitting on full quantom, no unlocked constellations, and nothing to show for it. In fact I’m going to have to stop visiting the portal until I can freeze away more crew due to an impending lack of space. It feels like all I’ve done this month is farm human polestars. So if we’re talking spending money here, I’m PROBABLY not going to purchase the next campaign, and I’m DEFINITELY not going to be pulling the Behold lever.

axqd6k734l5c.png
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trollita wrote: »
    I know I’m in the minority here as a newer player, but those crates were far more helpful to me than the ISM. I get new crew all the time through campaign, event rewards, or portal sales, and I can tell gearing them is slower. I’m currently sitting on full quantom, no unlocked constellations, and nothing to show for it. In fact I’m going to have to stop visiting the portal until I can freeze away more crew due to an impending lack of space. It feels like all I’ve done this month is farm human polestars. So if we’re talking spending money here, I’m PROBABLY not going to purchase the next campaign, and I’m DEFINITELY not going to be pulling the Behold lever.

axqd6k734l5c.png

Yep, you've been unlucky for sure. As I said, the answer isn't those lootboxes though. They could give you the same value with replicator rations and energy credits and it wouldn't be giving me the need to clean out my inventory of useless items.

There's a lot in this conversation that is being conflated, whether it's flaws in the Crew Retrieval System or flaws in the Inventory management system. However you look at it, the lootboxes were a bad item and I am glad they are gone, hopefully for good. What you should ask for is more replicator rations and credits in the campaigns.

(and just to give some new player advice, pick one character at a time and level them to 100, don't waste your time on SRs that you don't have FF or have an known path to FF, just airlock them, longer term SRs only have collection value and if they are not FF, they aren't even useful in the intervening time. Take the time to level and freeze all of the 1*, 2* and 3* crew as they are easy to build equipment for. (This assumes you've unlocked all 4 shuttles and are now swimming in trainers)
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see all of the RNG crap in these rewards replaced with currencies. And those loot boxes were the height of RNG crap to me. As I stated earlier, I found them actively annoying and would have just preferred to get nothing instead of them, so for me getting any currency instead of them is a plus. If they replace those loot boxes with replicator rations and more credits surely that would solve everyone's problems.

Whilst I respect people's right to protest and keep their wallet closed, the response from some people here seems tantamount to cutting off their nose to spite their face. The campaign is without a doubt the best value item in the game.

The only reason I haven't bought it every month is that some months I can't be bothered doing the dailies, but now that it matters to the rest of my fleet that I do them, I will be buying the campaign more regularly. I imagine I won't be alone in this thinking, so those who are not buying just won't be noticed.

So with a protest that isn't likely to achieve anything (and let's be honest, isn't exactly a civil rights issue), why would you bother in this instance? Just **tsk tsk** it up, get the good stuff and continue to focus on the stuff you enjoy instead of the minor irritations, that the majority seem happy about. I mean, they actually are listening to their customers in this case.

Believe me it is much easier to not worry about changes to a game when you do not spend money on it. So I will definitely be enjoying it more and not sweating the small stuff.

Were you looking for a reason to stop spending? Because at this point your responses in the context of this conversation are just coming off as childish. I have nothing against people being F2P, everyone has their own real world resource issues. But you seem to just be throwing your toys out of the pram over a small thing. Is it safe to assume that you were generally unhappy and that this was just the straw that broke the camels back?
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭

axqd6k734l5c.png

Yep, you've been unlucky for sure. As I said, the answer isn't those lootboxes though. They could give you the same value with replicator rations and energy credits and it wouldn't be giving me the need to clean out my inventory of useless items.

There's a lot in this conversation that is being conflated, whether it's flaws in the Crew Retrieval System or flaws in the Inventory management system. However you look at it, the lootboxes were a bad item and I am glad they are gone, hopefully for good. What you should ask for is more replicator rations and credits in the campaigns.

(and just to give some new player advice, pick one character at a time and level them to 100, don't waste your time on SRs that you don't have FF or have an known path to FF, just airlock them, longer term SRs only have collection value and if they are not FF, they aren't even useful in the intervening time. Take the time to level and freeze all of the 1*, 2* and 3* crew as they are easy to build equipment for. (This assumes you've unlocked all 4 shuttles and are now swimming in trainers)

Thanks for the advice! So far I’ve unlocked all the cadet challenges, so I try to work on freezing the lower crew while focusing on leveling one powerful card while indulging myself leveling a card I like. The crates worked for me, because I’d leave slots open and fill all open slots on characters I wasn’t focusing on. This was EXTREMELY HELPFUL with level 100 5* cards. Now the only shot I have at a “freebie” on any gold gear is with the Dabo wheel, and maybe it’s just my poor luck, but that wheel yields the bottom-tier rewards for me almost without fail. It’s strange. I guess I had GREAT luck with the crates, but miserable luck with both polestars and Dabo. Eh.

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Were you looking for a reason to stop spending? Because at this point your responses in the context of this conversation are just coming off as childish. I have nothing against people being F2P, everyone has their own real world resource issues. But you seem to just be throwing your toys out of the pram over a small thing. Is it safe to assume that you were generally unhappy and that this was just the straw that broke the camels back?

My response is to Shan ignoring the comments against the removal of loot boxes.

Frankly, I am mad that this is the first time I did not buy the premium campaign track on all and any of my accounts, and all there is, is silence from TP.

And when someone posts that I am acting entitled. That makes me mad too. That comment says that I am acting entitled when I spend my money and expect something in return for it.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Forget protest. I'd happily punch whoever thought the 1 to 1 crate for ISM swap was the perfect solution in the face. When scolding doesn't work, use a rolled up newspaper.
    Had they spread it over the various items, I'd be annoyed, but it would be fair, so I'd get over it. They stuck it to people who figured out how to use the crates as intended and only us. I do well with Dabo and Gauntlet drops. Only got two boxes from Dabo today, but I got Gangster Spock's 2* Suit, the last bit from 30 to 40, so I rolled him from 40 to 50 ahead of his event in 2 weeks. I had that kind of success with almost all the crates. Hence anger.
    I use all 9 replicator uses almost everyday and my crew immortalization rate has dropped by half! That is not an exaggeration. I keep a list! I'm out of slots. Adm. Patrick will come in when Dr. La Forge goes back in stasis Monday. The Skirmish will give me a chance to finish some crew and make space. I just hope it is enough to last me a while.
    I've got stuff in my inventory for crew I don't have yet, and some for some I've finished. So what? I'm about 33 items over the cap. Even less of a big deal. You have seven days to get it in or use it. Is any daily player's inventory that stagnant? I think the closest I ever came on anything was ~21 hours to go. That was after a three day migraine on top of a couple other things. I think most of my excess items come from repeat events, when I have the crew immortal to begin with.
    Equipment drops are going to be redundant for anyone with very limited equipment needs, but, if you have a lot of open equipment slots to equip, you pretty much used it as it came in. I normally did. I'd claim a crate and pop over to the crew menu to equip as many as five crew. Just figuring one item a crate was twenty items. That is literally half a crew's needs. They SELL that, with trainers and a second copy for $25. That value is more to me than the ISM, especially considering the ad doublers usually crash the game and get me nothing, so I don't try but maybe once or twice a day. My favorite is when I sit through the whole ad and get nothing for it. I sat through them trying to sell me a box on wheels in Spanish a couple days ago, got nothing, ad button was still up, hit it (sometimes that works, even if I have to watch two ads), and it crashed.
    They should focus on making sure things work right before changing stuff. If they are gathering data to tailor ads, they don't have a very good algorithm for it. I don't drive, I don't use a credit card, and, if I wanted to look at large mammaries, I can look down my own shirt. The ad buyers are not getting their money's worth and we players aren't much better at times.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry, but a lot of your posts up to this point in the thread come across as if your opinion matters more than someone with only one account. Maybe that's not your intent, but that's the message that is coming across to me.

Also, you have given your input. So have a lot of other people. Based on an informal poll, you seem to be in the minority.

You've stated that you will stop spending because of this change. That is, of course, your right. It seems like an odd hill to die on, to me, but again, that is entirely your right to choose to do that. Personally, I think the citation and four copies of the Legendary crew alone have far more value than the equipment, but that's just me.

You've also edited this post to claim they don't value the input of their players. While that is a matter of debate, you've also stated they are responding to the minority. Again, based on that poll, you are in the minority.

I'm not trying to have a go at you, but between all that, and the fact you've stated multiple times your wallet is closed and that you have three accounts, it comes across as a little bit obnoxious now. You've made your point, and your decision. Enough, please.
    cmdrworf wrote: »

And the entitlement continues. I find it a bit extreme with the "Without asking me for my input" comment.

Pretty bad when someone feels that a company needs to run everything past a player. But as always, its a choice. you don't like it don't spend. Frankly between the crew and the citations I couldn't care less what other stuff they give with it.

+1. There is a big difference between voicing your opinion, being asked to give input, and demanding that your POV be listened to.
    cmdrworf wrote: »

And the entitlement continues. I find it a bit extreme with the "Without asking me for my input" comment.

Pretty bad when someone feels that a company needs to run everything past a player. But as always, its a choice. you don't like it don't spend. Frankly between the crew and the citations I couldn't care less what other stuff they give with it.

Actually the entitlement does not continue. They are not getting my money anymore. Edit3: Let me be clear TP is not entitled to my money they have to earn it. Who is getting money in this relationship, I am not. So TP is the one acting entitled.

Edit: Also Shan ignored the comments about returning the loot boxes. To me I felt she was happy to say that the campaign will stay as is,

Edit2: Before campaigns were introduced. Us player were asked to fill out a questionaire. What I stated in the questionnaire that I, even with my spending, was not getting closer to obtaining all the crew I was getting farther away. With this type of return on my spending I would stop spending.

Shortly after ttat questionnaire we got the campaign. Buying the Campaign premium track has allowed me to get closer to obtaining all the crew not father away in a years, time.
    If I now choose not to buy that premium campaign there is no point spending any money.

How many times are you going to post the same thing in this thread?

I don't see how you're claiming Shan, or anyone else, has ignored comments or survey responses. Has it ever crossed your mind that maybe, just maybe, most people felt differently?

Spend, or don't spend. But please stop acting like your decision will make or break the company. I'm sure for every person such as yourself who stops spending because of the change, at least an equal amount will start spending because of it.

I think at this point, you need to just accept that your game goals and POV are different than a lot of other players, and move on, no offense.
    Edit2: There is no point to my posts, because TP is not going to change the rewards anymore anyhow.

If you really feel that way, why flood this thread with so many posts?

+1

Again, I'm not trying to single you out, but I find it hard to believe you mean that. If that was the case, after you have made your decision to stop spending, why are you "sweating" this enough to post repeatedly?

Thank you for summing up my thoughts in a more eloquent way than I was 😆
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had to split my response into two parts because it was too long to post as one. That'll teach me for trying to respond as I read a new thread from the start lol

Frankly, I am mad that this is the first time I did not buy the premium campaign track on all and any of my accounts, and all there is, is silence from TP.

And when someone posts that I am acting entitled. That makes me mad too. That comment says that I am acting entitled when I spend my money and expect something in return for it.

Dear Lord... 🤦🏻‍♂️ I'm sorry, but you are acting entitled. How else would you describe expecting them to follow your every whim, no matter if that would go against the majority or not?
    Anyway, do whatever makes you happy. My advice is to keep finding the fun in the game and save your protest for when it will make a difference.

Well said 👏🏼
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    IceCat wrote: »
    Had to split my response into two parts because it was too long to post as one. That'll teach me for trying to respond as I read a new thread from the start lol

Dear Lord... 🤦🏻‍♂️ I'm sorry, but you are acting entitled. How else would you describe expecting them to follow your every whim, no matter if that would go against the majority or not?
    Anyway, do whatever makes you happy. My advice is to keep finding the fun in the game and save your protest for when it will make a difference.

Well said 👏🏼

So you were asked by TP whether you mind them removing the Loot boxes. Since you seem to think a majority of players were asked. I am just wondering if you were one of the majority.

I will have fun in the game. Just will do it the easy way. If I have no skin in the game it does not matter to me what they do with the game. One has expectations when one spends money. When one doesn't spend money it really does not matter what they do.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    By now the flood of ISM stresses me out. I honestly wished I got less. Timing the scans with ads is annoying, and 3,4k + ad is the last one that is resonable, the next is 8k+. But on busy work days I barely reach that. ISM just piles up and makes me feel like not accomplishing enough.

On the other hand polestars pile up too, so whatever. The whole system is balanced poorly.

I want the premium crates back, they were useful at least and did not stress me out.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭

Well said 👏🏼

So you were asked by TP whether you mind them removing the Loot boxes. Since you seem to think a majority of players were asked. I am just wondering if you were one of the majority.

There was a poll done by @Prime Lorca [10FH] , which you can find here. In this poll, nearly two thirds of the respondents stated they were in favour of this change. While it wasn't done by TP themselves, it clearly shows you are in the minority. There is also a decided strong opinion in this thread in favour of the changes.

Unless you have some information that proves otherwise, I think that it is clear that more players favour the ISM over the equipment crates. You have tried to state that isn't true, but have not provided any evidence to the contrary.

As for my own personal opinion on the change, I'm of mixed mind. I found some of the premium equipment beneficial, and am not happy to see them go. But, I am loving the added ISM, particularly because I'm part of a more relaxed fleet, that only hits the 20x dailies goal consistently.

I've used the ISM to scan often, and get a lot of good polestars. Via the crew retrieval feature, amongst others, I've already retrieved Captain Braxton (Voyage Rank #1, Gauntlet Rank #29, Tier 1), Mycelial Culber (VR #61, GR #49, five top ten ranks and Tier 2) and Leucon (VR #18, GR #88, top SCI/ENG, Tier 2). Those crew alone will improve my game far more than the equipment lost would, and I probably wouldn't have them without the switch.

For the average player, I also think the ISM has more benefits than equipment. A lot of equipment was redundant for mid to late game players, and took up valuable inventory space. ISM can be used by anyone.

So, I think if one has to be picked over the other, it's clear ISM is more valuable. Equipment can be built, replicated or found through Dabo. It is much harder to get stronger crew, and ISM helps.

Personally, I would have rather they removed some trainers or replicator rations, rather than all of the equipment, if they needed to take something away to make room for ISM. Ideally, I would have also rather they simply added ISM, and take nothing away. Neither of those two seem possible, at least without TP feeling they were giving too much. That doesn't seem like it will change either.

The majority of your posts seem to imply that this decision to swap equipment for ISM will cost TP money. If that is the case, I'm sure they will reverse course, because sales from the campaign are surely a big source of income for them.

However, I don't feel that will be the case. The people have spoken, in both the polls and this thread. The people will also speak with their wallets, and I'm willing to bet that the impact on the campaign will be neutral or net positive.

At this point, I think you just may have to accept that this change is here to stay. You have a right to your opinion on it, and you also have a right not to spend. But, the facts seem to indicate you are in the minority.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    By now the flood of ISM stresses me out. I honestly wished I got less. Timing the scans with ads is annoying, and 3,4k + ad is the last one that is resonable, the next is 8k+. But on busy work days I barely reach that. ISM just piles up and makes me feel like not accomplishing enough.

On the other hand polestars pile up too, so whatever. The whole system is balanced poorly.

I want the premium crates back, they were useful at least and did not stress me out.

May I ask why you don't just use the ISM to scan, instead of letting it accumulate? Especially if it is stressing you out so much?
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Well said 👏🏼

There was a poll done by @Prime Lorca [10FH] , which you can find here. In this poll, nearly two thirds of the respondents stated they were in favour of this change. While it wasn't done by TP themselves, it clearly shows you are in the minority. There is also a decided strong opinion in this thread in favour of the changes.

Unless you have some information that proves otherwise, I think that it is clear that more players favour the ISM over the equipment crates. You have tried to state that isn't true, but have not provided any evidence to the contrary.

As for my own personal opinion on the change, I'm of mixed mind. I found some of the premium equipment beneficial, and am not happy to see them go. But, I am loving the added ISM, particularly because I'm part of a more relaxed fleet, that only hits the 20x dailies goal consistently.

I've used the ISM to scan often, and get a lot of good polestars. Via the crew retrieval feature, amongst others, I've already retrieved Captain Braxton (Voyage Rank #1, Gauntlet Rank #29, Tier 1), Mycelial Culber (VR #61, GR #49, five top ten ranks and Tier 2) and Leucon (VR #18, GR #88, top SCI/ENG, Tier 2). Those crew alone will improve my game far more than the equipment lost would, and I probably wouldn't have them without the switch.

For the average player, I also think the ISM has more benefits than equipment. A lot of equipment was redundant for mid to late game players, and took up valuable inventory space. ISM can be used by anyone.

So, I think if one has to be picked over the other, it's clear ISM is more valuable. Equipment can be built, replicated or found through Dabo. It is much harder to get stronger crew, and ISM helps.

Personally, I would have rather they removed some trainers or replicator rations, rather than all of the equipment, if they needed to take something away to make room for ISM. Ideally, I would have also rather they simply added ISM, and take nothing away. Neither of those two seem possible, at least without TP feeling they were giving too much. That doesn't seem like it will change either.

The majority of your posts seem to imply that this decision to swap equipment for ISM will cost TP money. If that is the case, I'm sure they will reverse course, because sales from the campaign are surely a big source of income for them.

However, I don't feel that will be the case. The people have spoken, in both the polls and this thread. The people will also speak with their wallets, and I'm willing to bet that the impact on the campaign will be neutral or net positive.

At this point, I think you just may have to accept that this change is here to stay. You have a right to your opinion on it, and you also have a right not to spend. But, the facts seem to indicate you are in the minority.

Well said 👏🏼

I know nobody cares, but I read your reply and see late game boomer mentality. As I have read earlier, from other people. You’re telling EVERYBODY ELSE what is good for them. Okay, that’s nice. You’ve been playing for a while and you’re bored. I understand. Can anybody explain to this here dirty little prol (me) how crates are a less good thing? Can you PLEASE tell me why ISM is sacred when I’ve spent it all, have no constellations left to unlock, and when I have five million credits they will be better spent elsewhere? Did you not play this game as I do in the early stages ? Did you not know how to strategically leave equipment slots open? What is going on here. Crates were A GOOD THING. Are you going to poopoo replicator rations, too? Cast asparagus upon the trainers as well? You’re sitting high and pretty. I understand boredom, but come on.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    I know nobody cares, but I read your reply and see late game boomer mentality. As I have read earlier, from other people. You’re telling EVERYBODY ELSE what is good for them. Okay, that’s nice. You’ve been playing for a while and you’re bored. I understand. Can anybody explain to this here dirty little prol (me) how crates are a less good thing? Can you PLEASE tell me why ISM is sacred when I’ve spent it all, have no constellations left to unlock, and when I have five million credits they will be better spent elsewhere? Did you not play this game as I do in the early stages ? Did you not know how to strategically leave equipment slots open? What is going on here. Crates were A GOOD THING. Are you going to poopoo replicator rations, too? Cast asparagus upon the trainers as well? You’re sitting high and pretty. I understand boredom, but come on.

How was my reply "late game boomer mentality"? Most of what I said was directly refuting inaccurate statements made. If you think I made an error, please specify what point you're taking issue with.

I did give my personal POV because I was asked if I was one of the majority, favouring ISM over Equipment Crates. My own situation lies in the middle, and I only gave details to explain why.

This is not meant to be representative of every player. In fact, I also specifically addressed players who were in a different stages of the game.

I have been playing for a while, but I am not bored. Not sure why you're making that assumption. To be honest, I'm not sure why you wrote most of what you did, but that puzzles me the most.

Since you've asked, I'd like to point out that I did not say that crates are not a good thing. I would prefer that they had been kept in the campaign, as they are beneficial in certain circumstances. As I did say.

The flip side of that is, for a lot of players, most of the equipment was either unneeded, unwanted or taking up precious inventory space. You will see many people mentioning this issue when discussing this topic, in both this thread and the poll thread I mentioned in the post you're replying to.

The main point, of both threads, was whether people preferred the old way (crates) or the new way (ISM). This was framed that way because it seems that TP has decided it was one or the other.

There have been many suggestions I would have preferred as an alternative to removing crates, such as:

• adding ISM to the old tiers, taking away nothing
    • replacing other items, such as trainers or rations, instead
    • replacing one of each type (crates, trainers, rations) instead of taking away all of one specific type, which would allow people to still get some of each

Ideally, one of those solutions would be my preference, but it doesn't seem to be on the radar at the moment.

As for why most people are preferring ISM, it's because probably the biggest factor for success in this game is getting the right crew. It can also be one of the hardest things to do, particularly as the portal gets more and more diluted.

I think most would agree that there is no such thing as too much ISM. The more ISM you have, the more scans you can do, leading to more constellations. Also, more ISM allows you to open these constellations.

The more polestars you accumulate, the better chance you have of targeting your preferred crew. As different players have different goals, this could mean chasing tier 1 crew you don't have, adding stars on crew you already have or just filling gaps/weaknesses in your roster.

To sum up, yes, equipment is important, but it doesn't mean much if you don't have usable crew to actually equip.

As for your comment about the credits being better spent elsewhere, I'm curious what you feel would be a better use for them.

I have no idea how you played the game in the early stages, so I'm unable to answer your question about that. I am aware of the strategy of leaving equipment slots open. That strategy can still be used, as Dabo can still give relevant equipment.

Again, to be clear, I am not saying crates are not a good thing. Just maybe not as good as the benefits of the Crew Retrieval mechanic. Most of my points in that post were in response to him saying the majority preferred crates over ISM. Not about the merits of crates in general.

But yes, I would also say that ISM is more valuable than rations and trainers, and even crates, for a lot of players, including myself. Most of us have more R&Ts than we know what to do with.

For the last time, I'm not bored. You keep using my supposed boredom as your basis for my motivations/to try to say my points are wrong. This is simply not the case.
  • Options
    I hope they leave it as is, the loot boxes were actively annoying. Not only were the full of useless junk, it was useless junk I had to go and actively throw out or risk losing something non-useless.

I agree with you, but 38% of folks who took my poll a few weeks ago want the loot boxes back. I'd like to see some hybrid of both, but like you, I personally prefer the ISM.
    Good question. I've already got an updated table for the one with ISM. I hadn't even considered that they might change it again so soon.

I've been scanning like the ISM will keep coming. If it's going to slow down, then I would like to plan my scans differently.

*This*. Why did it have to be one instead of the other? The grey boxes probably are complete garbage (I still pulled a few things useful from them) but the green level boxes, as a leveling player with a lot of crew to max out, found this VERY useful. It's all very well and good saying about using the ISM for scans, but when you don't have the credits to pull anything useful anyway, what's the point?
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Drazhar wrote: »
    I hope they leave it as is, the loot boxes were actively annoying. Not only were the full of useless junk, it was useless junk I had to go and actively throw out or risk losing something non-useless.

I agree with you, but 38% of folks who took my poll a few weeks ago want the loot boxes back. I'd like to see some hybrid of both, but like you, I personally prefer the ISM.
    Good question. I've already got an updated table for the one with ISM. I hadn't even considered that they might change it again so soon.

I've been scanning like the ISM will keep coming. If it's going to slow down, then I would like to plan my scans differently.

*This*. Why did it have to be one instead of the other? The grey boxes probably are complete garbage (I still pulled a few things useful from them) but the green level boxes, as a leveling player with a lot of crew to max out, found this VERY useful. It's all very well and good saying about using the ISM for scans, but when you don't have the credits to pull anything useful anyway, what's the point?
    I can pull plenty of crew that would be new, but I've had Adm. Patrick waiting to come in two days already. Dr. La Forge will return to stasis and he will come in at the end of event. I will then finish someone to have a slot for Mirror Scotty. I have dozens of purples nearing the freezer, but I lack the resources to make any headway in the increasingly competitive events and level a lot of crew without the crates. This is not rhetoric either. Both my crew immortalized rate and my event rankings are dropping. Being bounced ten times an hour+ doesn't help either.
    I was averaging just under an immortal crew per day up through January, when the crates ended. There was a lull at the end when the crates ran out, but I was anticipating it to return to normal when the new campaign started and the crates were flowing again. Then, the crates were taken.
    February was one done every 32 hours. March is one every 60 hours!!! Now, do people understand just how ticked off I am. How would some of you feel if they yanked the replicator? Sure, I'm a hothead, but I have a reason to be. I'm the complete opposite of a lot of you. I got crap in place of something good.
    The numbers
    January- 29 Immortal- 2 Gold and 27 Purple
    February- 21 Immortal- 3 Gold, 16 Purple, 1 Blue, and 1 Green
    March- 6 Immortal (as of 10am ET DST March 15) 5 Purple and 1 Green
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    No wonder I can see both sides of this issue, being a member of Generation X. 😜
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Shouldn't the Xennials be the ones that can see all sides of every issue? :lol:
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

Shouldn't the Xennials be the ones that can see all sides of every issue? :lol:

Have you seen my avatar? ☯️ :lol:

yxrgk18kimz3.jpeg
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust