Home The Bridge
Options

Will the next campaign have ISM in the rewards? (Panem et Circenses)

Answers

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    IceCat wrote: »
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Had to split my response into two parts because it was too long to post as one. That'll teach me for trying to respond as I read a new thread from the start lol
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    I'd like to see all of the RNG crap in these rewards replaced with currencies. And those loot boxes were the height of RNG crap to me. As I stated earlier, I found them actively annoying and would have just preferred to get nothing instead of them, so for me getting any currency instead of them is a plus. If they replace those loot boxes with replicator rations and more credits surely that would solve everyone's problems.

Whilst I respect people's right to protest and keep their wallet closed, the response from some people here seems tantamount to cutting off their nose to spite their face. The campaign is without a doubt the best value item in the game.

The only reason I haven't bought it every month is that some months I can't be bothered doing the dailies, but now that it matters to the rest of my fleet that I do them, I will be buying the campaign more regularly. I imagine I won't be alone in this thinking, so those who are not buying just won't be noticed.

So with a protest that isn't likely to achieve anything (and let's be honest, isn't exactly a civil rights issue), why would you bother in this instance? Just **tsk tsk** it up, get the good stuff and continue to focus on the stuff you enjoy instead of the minor irritations, that the majority seem happy about. I mean, they actually are listening to their customers in this case.

Believe me it is much easier to not worry about changes to a game when you do not spend money on it. So I will definitely be enjoying it more and not sweating the small stuff.

Were you looking for a reason to stop spending? Because at this point your responses in the context of this conversation are just coming off as childish. I have nothing against people being F2P, everyone has their own real world resource issues. But you seem to just be throwing your toys out of the pram over a small thing. Is it safe to assume that you were generally unhappy and that this was just the straw that broke the camels back?

My response is to Shan ignoring the comments against the removal of loot boxes.

Frankly, I am mad that this is the first time I did not buy the premium campaign track on all and any of my accounts, and all there is, is silence from TP.

And when someone posts that I am acting entitled. That makes me mad too. That comment says that I am acting entitled when I spend my money and expect something in return for it.

Dear Lord... 🤦🏻‍♂️ I'm sorry, but you are acting entitled. How else would you describe expecting them to follow your every whim, no matter if that would go against the majority or not?
    Anyway, do whatever makes you happy. My advice is to keep finding the fun in the game and save your protest for when it will make a difference.

Well said 👏🏼

So you were asked by TP whether you mind them removing the Loot boxes. Since you seem to think a majority of players were asked. I am just wondering if you were one of the majority.

There was a poll done by @Prime Lorca [10FH] , which you can find here. In this poll, nearly two thirds of the respondents stated they were in favour of this change. While it wasn't done by TP themselves, it clearly shows you are in the minority. There is also a decided strong opinion in this thread in favour of the changes.

Unless you have some information that proves otherwise, I think that it is clear that more players favour the ISM over the equipment crates. You have tried to state that isn't true, but have not provided any evidence to the contrary.

As for my own personal opinion on the change, I'm of mixed mind. I found some of the premium equipment beneficial, and am not happy to see them go. But, I am loving the added ISM, particularly because I'm part of a more relaxed fleet, that only hits the 20x dailies goal consistently.

I've used the ISM to scan often, and get a lot of good polestars. Via the crew retrieval feature, amongst others, I've already retrieved Captain Braxton (Voyage Rank #1, Gauntlet Rank #29, Tier 1), Mycelial Culber (VR #61, GR #49, five top ten ranks and Tier 2) and Leucon (VR #18, GR #88, top SCI/ENG, Tier 2). Those crew alone will improve my game far more than the equipment lost would, and I probably wouldn't have them without the switch.

For the average player, I also think the ISM has more benefits than equipment. A lot of equipment was redundant for mid to late game players, and took up valuable inventory space. ISM can be used by anyone.

So, I think if one has to be picked over the other, it's clear ISM is more valuable. Equipment can be built, replicated or found through Dabo. It is much harder to get stronger crew, and ISM helps.

Personally, I would have rather they removed some trainers or replicator rations, rather than all of the equipment, if they needed to take something away to make room for ISM. Ideally, I would have also rather they simply added ISM, and take nothing away. Neither of those two seem possible, at least without TP feeling they were giving too much. That doesn't seem like it will change either.

The majority of your posts seem to imply that this decision to swap equipment for ISM will cost TP money. If that is the case, I'm sure they will reverse course, because sales from the campaign are surely a big source of income for them.

However, I don't feel that will be the case. The people have spoken, in both the polls and this thread. The people will also speak with their wallets, and I'm willing to bet that the impact on the campaign will be neutral or net positive.

At this point, I think you just may have to accept that this change is here to stay. You have a right to your opinion on it, and you also have a right not to spend. But, the facts seem to indicate you are in the minority.

@Prime Lorca [10FH] poll was done after the fact. After the change. Everyone here admits that it is a minority of people here in the forum that the forum is not a good indication of what the player base feels.

My question is did TP ask the player base, before the change, were they okay with the removal of the loot boxes and I if so did that represent the majority.

I am saying they asked a minority or none at all. None at all is clearly a minority bacause no one is asked.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Nothing constructive to say? Don't post. ~Shan
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had to split my response into two parts because it was too long to post as one. That'll teach me for trying to respond as I read a new thread from the start lol
    I'd like to see all of the RNG crap in these rewards replaced with currencies. And those loot boxes were the height of RNG crap to me. As I stated earlier, I found them actively annoying and would have just preferred to get nothing instead of them, so for me getting any currency instead of them is a plus. If they replace those loot boxes with replicator rations and more credits surely that would solve everyone's problems.

Whilst I respect people's right to protest and keep their wallet closed, the response from some people here seems tantamount to cutting off their nose to spite their face. The campaign is without a doubt the best value item in the game.

The only reason I haven't bought it every month is that some months I can't be bothered doing the dailies, but now that it matters to the rest of my fleet that I do them, I will be buying the campaign more regularly. I imagine I won't be alone in this thinking, so those who are not buying just won't be noticed.

So with a protest that isn't likely to achieve anything (and let's be honest, isn't exactly a civil rights issue), why would you bother in this instance? Just **tsk tsk** it up, get the good stuff and continue to focus on the stuff you enjoy instead of the minor irritations, that the majority seem happy about. I mean, they actually are listening to their customers in this case.

Believe me it is much easier to not worry about changes to a game when you do not spend money on it. So I will definitely be enjoying it more and not sweating the small stuff.

Were you looking for a reason to stop spending? Because at this point your responses in the context of this conversation are just coming off as childish. I have nothing against people being F2P, everyone has their own real world resource issues. But you seem to just be throwing your toys out of the pram over a small thing. Is it safe to assume that you were generally unhappy and that this was just the straw that broke the camels back?

Frankly, I am mad that this is the first time I did not buy the premium campaign track on all and any of my accounts, and all there is, is silence from TP.

And when someone posts that I am acting entitled. That makes me mad too. That comment says that I am acting entitled when I spend my money and expect something in return for it.

Dear Lord... 🤦🏻‍♂️ I'm sorry, but you are acting entitled. How else would you describe expecting them to follow your every whim, no matter if that would go against the majority or not?
    Anyway, do whatever makes you happy. My advice is to keep finding the fun in the game and save your protest for when it will make a difference.

Well said 👏🏼

So you were asked by TP whether you mind them removing the Loot boxes. Since you seem to think a majority of players were asked. I am just wondering if you were one of the majority.

There was a poll done by @Prime Lorca [10FH] , which you can find here. In this poll, nearly two thirds of the respondents stated they were in favour of this change. While it wasn't done by TP themselves, it clearly shows you are in the minority. There is also a decided strong opinion in this thread in favour of the changes.

Unless you have some information that proves otherwise, I think that it is clear that more players favour the ISM over the equipment crates. You have tried to state that isn't true, but have not provided any evidence to the contrary.

As for my own personal opinion on the change, I'm of mixed mind. I found some of the premium equipment beneficial, and am not happy to see them go. But, I am loving the added ISM, particularly because I'm part of a more relaxed fleet, that only hits the 20x dailies goal consistently.

I've used the ISM to scan often, and get a lot of good polestars. Via the crew retrieval feature, amongst others, I've already retrieved Captain Braxton (Voyage Rank #1, Gauntlet Rank #29, Tier 1), Mycelial Culber (VR #61, GR #49, five top ten ranks and Tier 2) and Leucon (VR #18, GR #88, top SCI/ENG, Tier 2). Those crew alone will improve my game far more than the equipment lost would, and I probably wouldn't have them without the switch.

For the average player, I also think the ISM has more benefits than equipment. A lot of equipment was redundant for mid to late game players, and took up valuable inventory space. ISM can be used by anyone.

So, I think if one has to be picked over the other, it's clear ISM is more valuable. Equipment can be built, replicated or found through Dabo. It is much harder to get stronger crew, and ISM helps.

Personally, I would have rather they removed some trainers or replicator rations, rather than all of the equipment, if they needed to take something away to make room for ISM. Ideally, I would have also rather they simply added ISM, and take nothing away. Neither of those two seem possible, at least without TP feeling they were giving too much. That doesn't seem like it will change either.

The majority of your posts seem to imply that this decision to swap equipment for ISM will cost TP money. If that is the case, I'm sure they will reverse course, because sales from the campaign are surely a big source of income for them.

However, I don't feel that will be the case. The people have spoken, in both the polls and this thread. The people will also speak with their wallets, and I'm willing to bet that the impact on the campaign will be neutral or net positive.

At this point, I think you just may have to accept that this change is here to stay. You have a right to your opinion on it, and you also have a right not to spend. But, the facts seem to indicate you are in the minority.

@Prime Lorca [10FH] poll was done after the fact. After the change. Everyone here admits that it is a minority of people here in the forum that the forum is not a good indication of what the player base feels.

My question is did TP ask the player base, before the change, were they okay with the removal of the loot boxes and I if so did that represent the majority.

I am saying they asked a minority or none at all. None at all is clearly a minority bacause no one is asked.

So that would place you in the minority of the minority, then. 🙃
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

Well said 👏🏼

So is that none at all. Oh wait, I am just a figment of my own mad imagination 😉🙂
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

Well said 👏🏼

So is that none at all. Oh wait, I am just a figment of my own mad imagination 😉🙂

I just want to know why you feel they need to run everything past the players.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    cmdrworf wrote: »

Well said 👏🏼

They do not need too. And the game could die a quite death.

Success comes from including players.

And their biggest success comes from a questionnaire that all players had a chance to fill out. That success was campaigns. They asked us for our opinions about the game. Which led them to create the campaign.

Edit: I want to know why you felt I was acting entitled. The term entitlement meaning refers to this example. TP decides to end "Were in this together". In response people complain where is my "were in this together" package. They had no right to end the "Were in this together" package. That is entitlement complainaing about something you were given for free when it is taken away.

Edit2: okay I get it. My complaint is mainly for the premium tack not the normal track. I care more for loot boxes that can drop rare or better. I can live with the loss of the free ones. Edit3; but there were still other things that could have been removed.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭

Well said 👏🏼

cmdrworf wrote: »

Well said 👏🏼

They do not need too. And the game could die a quite death.

Success comes from including players.

And their biggest success comes from a questionnaire that all players had a chance to fill out. That success was campaigns. They asked us for our opinions about the game. Which led them to create the campaign.

To be clear, I'm not against player input. I think we both agree that player input is beneficial. That is not the issue.

The issue is that, as @cmdrworf stated, it seems you feel they should be consulting everyone on everything. Not to mention that you have repeatedly implied your POV is that of the majority, despite multiple points that contradict that stance.

Even if @Prime Lorca [10FH] made his poll after the fact, it still shows contradictory evidence against your theory. It also does provide at least a partial perspective of the player base. Until we see something more in depth otherwise, I don't see how it's still up for debate.

Also, even if "it is a minority of people here in the forum" (as in a small percentage of the entire player base frequents the forum) as you say, that doesn't prove "that the forum is not a good indication of what the player base feels." That's a a baseless claim that has no basis in fact. I'd also think that a partial perspective is better than none at all.

Look, I've detailed all kinds of different POVs on this subject to you, in about every way I possible can. If you still feel differently, nothing is going to change your mind. We'll simply agree to disagree. 🖖🏼
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    @IceCat you must be fairly new to the forums. I have heard time and time again that this forum does not reflect the player base. You cannot assume that if you get a majority on a poll here that a majority of the player base believes the same thing. We have accepted that here at this forum. But now you being fairly new think the majority here reflects a majority of the player base. It can but there is no proof of it.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    @IceCat you must be fairly new to the forums. I have heard time and time again that this forum does not reflect the player base. You cannot spassume that if you get a majority on a poll here that a majority of the player base believes the same thing. We have accepted that here at this forum. But now you being fairly new think the majority here reflects a majority of the player base. It can but there is no proof of it.

*sighs* We're back to this again? If someone doesn't share your POV, they must be new? 🙄 This has to be at least the third time someone has lobbed that chestnut at me. For the last time, I'm not new. I have been around for quite a while, just used to lurk.

I'd also like to point out that even if I was "new", that still doesn't make your claim accurate. Yes, the forum is a small minority of the entire player base. But that doesn't mean those not on the forum automatically feel differently.

And again, for the last time, your claim was that your POV represented the majority. All posts on this forum indicate the opposite. Unless you have definitive proof to the contrary, you can not imply that the forum is an inaccurate indicator for the rest of the players. It's far more likely that if the ones here feel that way, so do the rest.

Now, respectfully, as I said, you're clearly not going to change your opinion, and neither will I. So let's not waste each other's time, and just agree to disagree.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    @IceCat you must be fairly new to the forums. I have heard time and time again that this forum does not reflect the player base. You cannot spassume that if you get a majority on a poll here that a majority of the player base believes the same thing. We have accepted that here at this forum. But now you being fairly new think the majority here reflects a majority of the player base. It can but there is no proof of it.

*sighs* We're back to this again? If someone doesn't share your POV, they must be new? 🙄 This has to be at least the third time someone has lobbed that chestnut at me. For the last time, I'm not new. I have been around for quite a while, just used to lurk.

I'd also like to point out that even if I was "new", that still doesn't make your claim accurate. Yes, the forum is a small minority of the entire player base. But that doesn't mean those not on the forum automatically feel differently.

And again, for the last time, your claim was that your POV represented the majority. All posts on this forum indicate the opposite. Unless you have definitive proof to the contrary, you can not imply that the forum is an inaccurate indicator for the rest of the players. It's far more likely that if the ones here feel that way, so do the rest.

Now, respectfully, as I said, you're clearly not going to change your opinion, and neither will I. So let's not waste each other's time, and just agree to disagree.

Go back and check old polls. We have been through this argument and accept that a majority on this forum does not reflect the player base. Now you want to say it does.

By the way this is the poll you are siting proves that a majority of people that play STT reflect its results.
    pcfydp9penv6.png

Let me also add we here on this forum are not a random sample of the player base. We are people who looked for this forum with intent and joined it.

Total peolple that voted less than 200. Total number of people playing STT I would at least say is over 30,000.

What you are trying to say is that 110 votes is a majority of the over 30000 player base. I would say clearly 110 is a minority of 30000. As is, 69. We do not know anything about the player base's thought on this issue.

But the point I was trying to make is if TP checked with people playing the game , they selected a few players to run their idea of removing the loot boxes. I would say there is a good chance they just did it without asking any players, Seeing so much negativity on the loot boxes on this forum.

Btw that is @cmdrworf point. They have no obligation to ask any player about changes they want to make.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    The numbers
    January- 29 Immortal- 2 Gold and 27 Purple
    February- 21 Immortal- 3 Gold, 16 Purple, 1 Blue, and 1 Green
    March- 6 Immortal (as of 10am ET DST March 15) 5 Purple and 1 Green

These numbers means nothing. You have over 400 crew. It is possible you just don't have enough crew that has max stars? Did you keep numbers of that in the last three months? Because that is a huge factor.

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Just have to mention I did not think people would be swimming in ISM. I am wrong. Found out by placing 14th in a faction event in one account and above 750 in another account. Expect to see in the future a lowering of the reward of ISM in events.

Edit: or some way to spend it. Maybe they will lower scanning cost and increase the number of scans a day? So if you do all the scans you will spend more in total than what it is now? Not sure but they will have to change something or people will be hoarding ISM and not intentionally. Just figured it out in writing this.

They will sell constellations packs to us. That is the obvious choice
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peets wrote: »
    The numbers
    January- 29 Immortal- 2 Gold and 27 Purple
    February- 21 Immortal- 3 Gold, 16 Purple, 1 Blue, and 1 Green
    March- 6 Immortal (as of 10am ET DST March 15) 5 Purple and 1 Green

These numbers means nothing. You have over 400 crew. It is possible you just don't have enough crew that has max stars? Did you keep numbers of that in the last three months? Because that is a huge factor.

Oh, honey.... :D:D:D
    I have the entire front of a sheet from a legal pad, broke up by skill...some have been crossed off, but some weren't added because I ran out of room when I made it and others have picked up stars since I started it.

Current count of viable candidates for being immortalized: 128
    FF- 10 Golds and 113 purples, plus 5 FE purples- 3 need 1* and 2 need 2*
    I have them. I just can't get them there. I think about a dozen are FF'd level 100 and needing between 1 and 4 items. Mirror Leeta just needs a couple components. Someone else is similar- Vagrant Braxton maybe. Vic needs 2 items finished.
    Current focus is the Orion Slaver, so can use him to start the event and freeze him when I get Scotty and can switch. All while hoarding chronitons for Thurs.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    By now the flood of ISM stresses me out. I honestly wished I got less. Timing the scans with ads is annoying, and 3,4k + ad is the last one that is resonable, the next is 8k+. But on busy work days I barely reach that. ISM just piles up and makes me feel like not accomplishing enough.

On the other hand polestars pile up too, so whatever. The whole system is balanced poorly.

I want the premium crates back, they were useful at least and did not stress me out.

May I ask why you don't just use the ISM to scan, instead of letting it accumulate? Especially if it is stressing you out so much?

Because wasting ISM without ads makes me feel even worse as it is even more inefficient?!

Today I spent 2 of the 16 polestars I aquired during the last 18 days. I fail to see how more scans to the current extend improve anything for me. If I only had got half if them I could have retrieved something decent too. So I would gladly trade half of the ISM back to half of the crates.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    By now the flood of ISM stresses me out. I honestly wished I got less. Timing the scans with ads is annoying, and 3,4k + ad is the last one that is resonable, the next is 8k+. But on busy work days I barely reach that. ISM just piles up and makes me feel like not accomplishing enough.

On the other hand polestars pile up too, so whatever. The whole system is balanced poorly.

I want the premium crates back, they were useful at least and did not stress me out.

May I ask why you don't just use the ISM to scan, instead of letting it accumulate? Especially if it is stressing you out so much?

Because wasting ISM without ads makes me feel even worse as it is even more inefficient?!

Today I spent 2 of the 16 polestars I aquired during the last 18 days. I fail to see how more scans to the current extend improve anything for me. If I only had got half if them I could have retrieved something decent too. So I would gladly trade half of the ISM back to half of the crates.

Whilst I don't want crates back, I would happily trade the ISM for substantial credits in the campaign rewards. This now seems to be the most useful currency for everyone, new and mature accounts alike. I have nearly 60k ISM as it stands, and I agree that polestars are plentiful. I am sure that this is WAI to give people an incentive to spend dil on Quantum, but undermines the incentives for all of the other places that we can get ISM, fleets, events, etc.

Assuming crates aren't coming back, as they were wildly unpopular (for the set of data we have), what would those of you who appreciated crates feel is a decent compromise?
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could Retrieve today, but I have no slots. I could use my duplicate Gambler and Saboteur tokens for a 50/50 Katrine/Cartwright pull and add a star instead. Keep the Quantum moving. Retrieval is interesting as a concept, but I still need so many goods, an Honor Sale would be more useful. Not in a mood to care today anyway. My acid reflux set of my gag reflex at 1am and I retched for half an hour and lost my voice. I just want a quiet few days.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    I guess that the usefulness of ISM depends on how picky people are with crew retrieval. I'm very picky and therefore ISM now has a higher value to me than credits, quantum and most other currencies in the game, except maybe dilithium.

I'm very happy with the current amount of ISM that I can acquire through campaigns and events and while I understand the complaints about the lack of crates, I'm not so sure I can sympathize with the complaints about having too much ISM.

I have tons of trainers, replicator rations, credits, ship schematics and chrons. I will never be able to use them. They just accumulate in my account/inventory. But I realize that they are valuable to other players and I would never advocate for their removal or reduction in different reward systems.
  • Options
    I guess that the usefulness of ISM depends on how picky people are with crew retrieval. I'm very picky and therefore ISM now has a higher value to me than credits, quantum and most other currencies in the game, except maybe dilithium.

I'm very happy with the current amount of ISM that I can acquire through campaigns and events and while I understand the complaints about the lack of crates, I'm not so sure I can sympathize with the complaints about having too much ISM.

I have tons of trainers, replicator rations, credits, ship schematics and chrons. I will never be able to use them. They just accumulate in my account/inventory. But I realize that they are valuable to other players and I would never advocate for their removal or reduction in different reward systems.

Do you play events? A lot of my excess comes from events. And depending on how next weeks skirmish goes, I expect I'll have another bunch. If you take events seriously (and I did rank for the Legendary for 66 weeks running, so I guess I count, even if I don't have as many top 15s as others), it is a very significant source of ISM, drowning out pretty much all other sources. I do use adwarps to augment my scans too, so I end up scanning up to 800 ISM a day and getting a polestar about once every two days and spending the 1k ISM opening that. So I would guesstimate that I am spending about 12k ISM per week. To get one more ad augmented scan a day would costs something like an additional 16k ISM, so I think I'm in the sweet spot.

I am also very picky, but I already have my next 4 CR targets prepped, just waiting on the Quantum to go retrieve them.
  • Options

Do you play events? A lot of my excess comes from events. And depending on how next weeks skirmish goes, I expect I'll have another bunch. If you take events seriously (and I did rank for the Legendary for 66 weeks running, so I guess I count, even if I don't have as many top 15s as others), it is a very significant source of ISM, drowning out pretty much all other sources. I do use adwarps to augment my scans too, so I end up scanning up to 800 ISM a day and getting a polestar about once every two days and spending the 1k ISM opening that. So I would guesstimate that I am spending about 12k ISM per week. To get one more ad augmented scan a day would costs something like an additional 16k ISM, so I think I'm in the sweet spot.

I am also very picky, but I already have my next 4 CR targets prepped, just waiting on the Quantum to go retrieve them.

I don't usually go for high ranks in events except for Faction events (and even there, I never ranked higher than 200). So the ISM I get out of campaigns is worth a lot to me. I currently do 9-10 scans a day (including ad scans) and only open constellations if they contain a polestar that I really want or if I just ranked well in an event (I did go for a decent rank in the first galaxy event that had ISM in the rewards, but I don't plan on doing that again - I hate galaxy and skirmish events - so I will use most to all of my ISM on scans and I won't really have a lot of leftovers).

I understand that for those of you who are less picky with retrievals and/or rank higher in events ISM accumulates in your accounts, but why is that a problem? :sweat_smile: There are so many currencies and resources that accumulate in a long-time player's account.
  • Options

I think the efficiency gained by ad-warping every other scan (as opposed to just paying for each scan until the last and ad-warping that one and only that one) is not worth it. It basically just adds one scan per day:

Cost of 9 scans (ad-warp every other): 2100 ISM

Cost of 8 scans (ad-warp last): 2000 ISM

Cost of 8 scans (ad-warp every other): 1200 ISM

Cost of 7 scans (ad warp last): 1200 ISM

Cost of 7 scans (ad-warp every other): 800 ISM

Cost of 6 scans (ad-warp last): 700 ISM

Nice analysis.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the efficiency gained by ad-warping every other scan (as opposed to just paying for each scan until the last and ad-warping that one and only that one) is not worth it. It basically just adds one scan per day:

If you're ad warping every other scan, isn't it 10 scans for 2,100 ISM?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    I don't get this cost ISM analysis. I think all it shows is how expensive the last scan is.

If you do not do that last scan you save a lot of ISM

By the way I still expect constellations packs to be sold. So you will need to have ISM to open. But if you do not have it. You can either be selective on what constellations you open or TP will probably also supply ISM to buy.

Wait he shows 8 scans costing 2000 ISM with ad warping last and 8 scans costing 1200 ISM with Ad warping every other one, exactly @Mirror Sanoa point

I understand @Chuck S Darwin [Space Monkeys] point
    At least we should be scanning 3 time before running are fist ad Scan.
    Those first 3 only cost 100 ISM each, sorry first one is free🙄

I guess the answer is how many ad scans you can do and what is the highest amount of ISM you are willing to pay. Then you need to know the maximum number of scans per a day and the cost per each consecutive scan. So knowing your last scan will be ad work your way back, should tell you when to run your first ad scan. Not sure if there is a complete cost list but I saw one up to 3400 in crew retrieval thread above.

From post by @Automaton_2000
    us5z82j3j9qc.png
  • Options

If you're ad warping every other scan, isn't it 10 scans for 2,100 ISM?

10 with one-scan-one-ad is 3300.
  • Options
    Another thing to consider is that we still don't know what phase 2 and 3 of Crew Retrieval will be. Maybe they will introduce constellation packs that can be purchased with ISM. Or something completely different.

But since whatever will be added is very likely to use the same currencies as the basic feature, it's possible that those who hoarded some ISM in the meantime will have an advantage because of it.
  • Options

I think the 9 and 7 scans tactic involves ad-warping every other, except for the second one (so for the first three scans that would be ad, ad, warp instead of ad, warp, ad).

But generally you're right. With both tactics the ads untimately only account for one more scan a day. If I get bored of the extra effort I will certainly stop using ads except for the last scan.
  • Options
    Chuck S DarwinChuck S Darwin ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    My point was this: yes you can get 7 additional scans per week (based on the same ISM spend) by ad-warping every other (or every other after the first two if doing an odd number of total daily scans). That probably nets you a polestar per week or so, depending on your luck. If you can afford 6-9 scans per day based on the ISM you are earning, you are probably averaging 5-8 polestars per week already. You have to decide if it is worth it to you to get in to STTimelines several additional times per day (making sure it has been at least 30 min since your last scan ad-warp and at least 20 min since your last ad-warp of any kind) for one polestar per week. I already have my next four or so crew retrievals planned out based on polestars I currently have. Right now, I prefer to get my scans done in a single session and log in to ad-warp cadets or The Killing Syndrome (Feed a Fever) (8-3) on epic instead. Others will have other preferences.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Toook me a little to figure your point, but I realized that you were basically saying you do not save a whole lot by ad scanning every other one. You in particular were saying that one ad scan, the last, is a big saving.

Edit: my plan was just to do two ad scans. So one half hour wait between scans. I did one after the free one and then the 100.(just realized, I thought I was spending 200 ). Now I am upping my spending to 500 ISM. I am ad scanning the 200 ISM and the 500 ISM. This may change, I might spend more. Once I see how I am doing with ISM I might buy a few more scans. But I will still only do two ad scans. So thanks for the post, it was of help to me @Chuck S Darwin [Space Monkeys] .
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was actually a helpful insight. I will reconsider my ad habits.

Thank you, @Chuck S Darwin [Space Monkeys] and @Emperor Borg Drone!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.