Home The Bridge
Options

Event discussion thread : Faction Event - By Any Other Name - ME#4 - 2021-04-22

Comments

• Options
    Contrary to what was previously announced Thelev will not be added to the game, and this due to a rights issue.

Alas. Glad we found out why, at least. I wonder how often this happens.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. So not an existing SR for this event. Given how big the bonus crew pool is, that shouldn't be too bad for most rosters. Will Human Neelix be added to the Dixon Hill Collection?

And it's looking like Dirty Rotten Holograms 3 is coming up.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kind of like this two new SR thing. I wouldn't want to do it every week, but it's a fun little change. Hope the devs add the Human trait to Human Neelix. They've got a week to do it, so I'm not terribly concerned. Android Mudd is a great addition.

I've got Decoy Kira immortalized, so I'm not sure if I want a duplicate or not. I've got time to decide. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I still fail to see the the reason, why the hologram is called „Human Neelix“? It‘s not Neelix at all, it‘s only the same actor.

By that logic can we please rename „First Cadet Locarno“ to „Locarno Paris“?
    At least there‘s some context that it’s actually the same Star Trek character.

I agree the Human Neelix thing is weird, but I don't think they can establish that Paris and Locarno are the same character without messing up the credits/royalties for all of Voyager.
  • Options
    EnderW wrote: »
    Interesting. So not an existing SR for this event. Given how big the bonus crew pool is, that shouldn't be too bad for most rosters. Will Human Neelix be added to the Dixon Hill Collection?

That's actually been bugging me. They keep re-running (or flashbacking) events multiple times. I want re-runs of more recent events instead of these same few, over and over again.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Human Neelix works. The actor who plays Neelix was only in First Contact because Voyager was currently running. The actor who played Paris was Locarno years before.

I like the android Mudd but I wish he had costumed since Thelev was going to.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Human Neelix works. The actor who plays Neelix was only in First Contact because Voyager was currently running. The actor who played Paris was Locarno years before.

As if the average First Contact viewer knew at an instance:
    „Oh it‘s Neelix, lets give Voyager a try....“.

I watched Voyager when First Contact came out and still missed it, that it‘s the Neelix actor from the 5 seconds of his screentime. 😆

And the established backstory of Paris in Voyager,
    is almost 1:1 the story of Locarno.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    11 year old me was perfectly clear on it being Ethan Phillips. But 11 year old me also knew it wasn't the same character. I don't mind using that artwork, but the flavor text and traits don't point to it being Neelix at all.
  • Options
    11 year old me was perfectly clear on it being Ethan Phillips. But 11 year old me also knew it wasn't the same character. I don't mind using that artwork, but the flavor text and traits don't point to it being Neelix at all.

He's got some of the main Neelix traits: civilian and resourceful. I suppose they could throw in chef and/or ambassador. It's hard to justify communicator with that brief appearance.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    What happened to Thelev, the Andorian? He was in the original Mega announcement as upcoming crew. Did he get bumped by Android Mudd?
  • Options
    onqf4k6scptg.png
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    onqf4k6scptg.png

This was addressed specifically in the event announcement.
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Human Neelix be added to the Timelines Originals collection since they are retconning the character to actually be Neelix (which he wasn’t in the movie).

Relatedly, will Klingon West be an Odo variant?
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened to Thelev, the Andorian? He was in the original Mega announcement as upcoming crew. Did he get bumped by Android Mudd?

In the event announcement, Shan indicated that it was a rights issue.
  • Options
    Sorry, I didn't read all the way to the bottom.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

This. I’m extremely disappointed at the lack of costumed crew for the “Costumed” mega, especially because of the collection.

Here’s a summary of all the crew:

Not costumed - 7

Dexa
    Barry Waddle
    Amal Chakotay
    Klingon Torres
    Jodmos
    Human Neelix
    Android Mudd

Costumed - 6

Mintikan Troi
    Human Saru
    Bajoran Culber
    Xehan Adira
    Trill Burnham
    Klingon West

Now, just for comparison’s sake, let’s use the Borg Mega as an example

Borg - 9

Borg Queen
    Assimilated Torres
    Drone Seven of Nine
    One
    Assimilated Tuvok
    Assimilated La Forge
    Icheb
    Assimilated Janeway
    Riley Frazier

Not Borg - 4

Mirror Phlox
    Dr. Tolian Soran
    Arik Soong
    Admiral Picard

So anyways, I think i’ve gotten my point across 🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still fail to see the the reason, why the hologram is called „Human Neelix“?
    It‘s not Neelix at all, it‘s only the same actor. I assume it count‘s as Neelix variant as well?

By that logic can we please rename „First Cadet Locarno“ to „Locarno Paris“?
    At least there‘s some context that it’s actually the same Star Trek character.
    +1

I want Thrax renamed "Cardassian Red Foreman"
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Contrary to what was previously announced Thelev will not be added to the game, and this due to a rights issue.

Alas. Glad we found out why, at least. I wonder how often this happens.

At least once a week.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Too bad they can't hire eleven year old you for quality control......
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

This. I’m extremely disappointed at the lack of costumed crew for the “Costumed” mega, especially because of the collection.

Here’s a summary of all the crew:

Not costumed - 7

Dexa
    Barry Waddle
    Amal Chakotay
    Klingon Torres
    Jodmos
    Human Neelix
    Android Mudd

Costumed - 6

Mintikan Troi
    Human Saru
    Bajoran Culber
    Xehan Adira
    Trill Burnham
    Klingon West

Now, just for comparison’s sake, let’s use the Borg Mega as an example

Borg - 9

Borg Queen
    Assimilated Torres
    Drone Seven of Nine
    One
    Assimilated Tuvok
    Assimilated La Forge
    Icheb
    Assimilated Janeway
    Riley Frazier

Not Borg - 4

Mirror Phlox
    Dr. Tolian Soran
    Arik Soong
    Admiral Picard

So anyways, I think i’ve gotten my point across 🖖

This has been a recurring issue for a while. Let's look at the previous Scoundrel Mega

Scoundrel - 2:
    Lothario Q
    Q Junior

Not Scoundrel - 11:
    Caldos IV Crusher
    Taresian Kim
    Off Duty Janice Rand
    Bridal Deanna Troi
    Groom Worf
    Bride Kasidy Danielle Yates
    Soren
    Festive Lwaxana Troi
    Salia
    Wyatt Miller
    Deral

For fun, lets look at the romantic crew from that mega

Romantic - 10:
    Lothario Q
    Caldos IV Crusher
    Taresian Kim
    Bridal Deanna Troi
    Groom Worf
    Bride Kasidy Danielle Yates
    Soren
    Festive Lwaxana Troi
    Salia
    Wyatt Miller

Are we sure that wasn't a romantic mega?

It seems like the theme for the mega and the crew selected are totally unconnected to the bonus trait given to the mega.

I really wish the two were connected. I'd even prefer a smaller set of bonus crew up front, so that each week we were adding more bonus crew to use in future weeks. Right now the crew we earn in any given week are effectively done as soon as their event bonus ends.
  • Options
    @AviTrek

Exactly what i’m talking about :smile:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    EnderW wrote: »

That's actually been bugging me. They keep re-running (or flashbacking) events multiple times. I want re-runs of more recent events instead of these same few, over and over again.

While I agree that it's disappointing when some events never get a rerun or flashback, I like the fact that they sometimes rerun the same event twice.

My Kira will be at 3/5* if I rank in the top 1500 next week, which means that I might FF her through beholds, crew retrieval or cites eventually. She would have never been a citation candidate for me otherwise. Repeated reruns or flashbacks of the same event allow me to get some use out of the many 1/5* legendaries that accumulate in my crew by fusing up some of them.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    I agree Human Neelix is wrong, it is like having a "Human Dr. Farek."

Why not "Nightclub maître’ d"

Android Mudd is excellent, but the question is which one have we got, is it the real one or a copy?

If we are having two new super-rares in an event, then it would have made more sense to have them at the beginning of the mega, so that they could be used in later faction events, if they have the relevant trait. When I get Android Mudd, then he is likely to stay at level one for a long time.

• Options
    Goshdarnit the purples are the wrong way around for me :( I don't want Mudd, I want Johnny Phillips!

InsignificantCapitalGroundhog-size_restricted.gif
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile