Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Skirmish Event - A Bed of Mushrooms Mega-Event Finale - 2021-08-26

Comments

• Options
    robownage wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    Chiming in with some context regarding Tribble Quark:

- he is being used in this mega-event due to the theme of the event.

- he will be in the mega event recap pack to respect the format of previous mega event recap packs.

That's it, nothing else.

I totally understand some of your misgivings about this, and I will relay them.

The logic for including him makes sense to me. I do feel it's unfortunate that this is happening with back to back Megas. If this was 6 months down the road and he was about to be included in a portal update, I don't think people would have as many misgivings.

I think it's because he's a mega legendary. A lot of peope cite them or pull recap packs specifically to get the 5th star and then cite them if they didn't get it. So to have him in another recap pack is a bit weird (and leaves room for some very disappointing pulls).

If it was another non-portal legendary then it would affect very few players and even for those few it probably wouldn't be that bad (to have a new legendary immortal it would either be a very strong dupe-worth card or owned by a player who spends high amounts of dilithium and is probably used and prepared to dupes and disappointing pulls).
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    I think they really tanked recap sales with these bad Chekov stats and adding in Quark. Not enough tribbled crew and too hard to get 25 immortalized for it to be worth it to get the recap packs solely for the collection. That’s at least how I feel about the recap packs and how my mind has been changed on purchasing them.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tribble Sulu has been fixed, with a slight boost - you will likely need to restart to see the change :)
  • Options
    q2jv0s8szm3t.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    q2jv0s8szm3t.jpeg

I hope you are not holding your breath.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    q2jv0s8szm3t.jpeg

Never enough awesomes for such an underrated TV show - starring future Captain Archer, of course! :smiley:
  • Options
    q2jv0s8szm3t.jpeg

They fixed Sulu’s stats.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ALeeRocks wrote: »
    q2jv0s8szm3t.jpeg

Never enough awesomes for such an underrated TV show - starring future Captain Archer, of course! :smiley:

I agree, although I wish they could fix that dismal ending.
  • Options
    q2jv0s8szm3t.jpeg

They fixed Sulu’s stats.

Given their track record, I suppose I should be happy that they fixed it in such a timely manner. The fact exists, though, that yet another “glitch” slipped past QA.

You can speak in their defense all you want to, Apollo, but here is another fact that remains: Long-time players are leaving the game because of the company’s decisions, which has been well-documented elsewhere in these forums.

LLAP.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I am taking the small win as it affected me and my 4/5 Sulu. They definitely could use better QA but I know the team is small. Maybe I have had a different gaming history experience than others. I played Vega Conflict for years then they nerfed the stats on every ship in the game and monetized the heck out of everything. They changed from one event a month to events every day and a new tier of ships every three months that made all your ships that take a month to build worthless. And they changed the events to remove all piloting skill so that no matter how good you flew your ships you took damage that took long time or money to repair. So an unintentional change to one card that was corrected the day it was found is pretty small to me.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I am taking the small win as it affected me and my 4/5 Sulu. They definitely could use better QA but I know the team is small. Maybe I have had a different gaming history experience than others. I played Vega Conflict for years then they nerfed the stats on every ship in the game and monetized the heck out of everything. They changed from one event a month to events every day and a new tier of ships every three months that made all your ships that take a month to build worthless. And they changed the events to remove all piloting skill so that no matter how good you flew your ships you took damage that took long time or money to repair. So an unintentional change to one card that was corrected the day it was found is pretty small to me.

1. How do you know the size of the team?

2. Yes, your gaming experience is different from mine and everyone else’s. I respect your history, but I do not feel bound to the conventions of other games that you played.

3. It was corrected, and I applaud that swift resolution. That being said, this echoes previous DB nerfs of crew stats. It’s not at Polywater Yar status, but it is still troubling that it happened.

EDIT: remove personal attack
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    1. We have seen pictures of the team and heard descriptions before and it was not a lot of people.
    2. You don’t have to be bound my feelings or game history I am just simply saying why I was happy with the fix and not feeling negative.
    3. I do not believe this was an intentional nerf. They were likely adjusting stats of an item while working on a new crew card coming and didn’t realize Sulu had that same item and would be affected. This is a complicated game with many moving parts. Sometimes one thing being changed affects another thing. That happens in every game. More QA would be good and I get the frustration. The problem though was identified and they fixed it quickly and gave Sulu a little bit of a boost which makes me happy since I was immortalizing him.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

That sounds a lot like what they did to battle Pirates. I started playing because it was a game that encouraged creativity. You got your Hulls, then you chose what Weapons and Specials to use on them to build a good Warship. Then, they got into this thing where you had to use certain Hull Classes for certain things. And Weapons & Specials got limited to specific Classes of Hulls. And then the Monthly Raid did a four month cycle where you had to build that Cycle's Class Hull {which was new each Cycle} and outfit that Class Hull's Weapons & Specials {Which were also new each Cycle} for that Raid. Now, the Raid Cycle is TWO MONTHS. So you have to build new Ships every two months. And Upgrade them to Upgrade 3 {three Upgrades} or X1 {FOUR Upgrades} for them to be even usable in the two month Raid Cycle. Building each Ship takes over a week. Sometimes close to two weeks. Upgrades per Ship takes longer. The only way to have a usable Fleet is to "coin" stuff. Coins cost cashy folding money. It's become an obvious money grab.

Then they started releasing Base Defense and Base Attack Hulls that had Weapons specific to that particular Hull. And they introduced "Survivability" which was how resistant to damage the Hulls were. Now, they have released new Hulls that have ZERO built in Survivability and you need three each of two Limited Armours for them. And the Limited Armours have to be obtained in Events. And you need one Blueprint for each Armour. And some Events you can only get two of the three Blueprints of each type. So, can't even fully equip Armour on them.

A mistake that is quickly corrected pales before that.........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

That sounds a lot like what they did to battle Pirates. I started playing because it was a game that encouraged creativity. You got your Hulls, then you chose what Weapons and Specials to use on them to build a good Warship. Then, they got into this thing where you had to use certain Hull Classes for certain things. And Weapons & Specials got limited to specific Classes of Hulls. And then the Monthly Raid did a four month cycle where you had to build that Cycle's Class Hull {which was new each Cycle} and outfit that Class Hull's Weapons & Specials {Which were also new each Cycle} for that Raid. Now, the Raid Cycle is TWO MONTHS. So you have to build new Ships every two months. And Upgrade them to Upgrade 3 {three Upgrades} or X1 {FOUR Upgrades} for them to be even usable in the two month Raid Cycle. Building each Ship takes over a week. Sometimes close to two weeks. Upgrades per Ship takes longer. The only way to have a usable Fleet is to "coin" stuff. Coins cost cashy folding money. It's become an obvious money grab.

Then they started releasing Base Defense and Base Attack Hulls that had Weapons specific to that particular Hull. And they introduced "Survivability" which was how resistant to damage the Hulls were. Now, they have released new Hulls that have ZERO built in Survivability and you need three each of two Limited Armours for them. And the Limited Armours have to be obtained in Events. And you need one Blueprint for each Armour. And some Events you can only get two of the three Blueprints of each type. So, can't even fully equip Armour on them.

Yes, the CEO kept going from game to game in the company over monetizing and ruining what was so great about each one. He destroyed Battle Pirates before jumping to Vega Conflict and the players of Battle Pirates were glad when he left it to go attack Vega Conflict. It was sad cause they had all been good games but the CEO ruined what the players loved about them and overmonetized the games. I am so grateful WRG did not go this route. Almost all of the players left. So many that they shrunk the number of sectors for players from 9 to 2.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

Yes, the CEO kept going from game to game in the company over monetizing and ruining what was so great about each one. He destroyed Battle Pirates before jumping to Vega Conflict and the players of Battle Pirates were glad when he left it to go attack Vega Conflict. It was sad cause they had all been good games but the CEO ruined what the players loved about them and overmonetized the games. I am so grateful WRG did not go this route. Almost all of the players left. So many that they shrunk the number of sectors for players from 9 to 2.

That is why Vega Conflict sounded familiar. Same company!

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    HaBlack wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    I wish someone would invest in a "run a live game" simulator ^^

Let me know if that ever happens. I would play that game. :) It sounds like a micro SimCity.

Make a concept
    Do the code
    Get some players
    Monetize
    Add content to get more players
    Grow your dev team
    Handle HR issues
    Attract new talent
    Create more content
    Create ads to get more players

Yeah... I'd play that game, lol.

Let us add some random events

1. Some players get mad for no reason so you lose 2% of them
    2. You get 3% more new players because new art used on twitter was awesome
    3. 2 of your Artists were on a party 2 days before deadline for the new event so you don't have new character art ready. You decide to repeat character from event 6 months ago. See No 1
    4. On of your writter get inspired and writes several great new missions in short time. Your dev team can go on vacation for next event and players are happy. You get 5% more new players...

Brilliant. 🖖
  • Options
    Dang guys - I think you just invented a new "Life" style game! Roll the dice or spin the wheel, and random stuff happens to the code or server, pick a card and the a.i. takes over and bankrupts Microsoft, all kinds of fun stuff could be put in there!

I'd totally play that too!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot express how much I am loving this combo.

Bonne Chance
    fp91h0fvtewg.jpg
  • Options
    I cannot express how much I am loving this combo.

Bonne Chance
    fp91h0fvtewg.jpg

I know!

yosernad96pn.jpg
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    [recanted] But while you're here, I just wanna say that it's been more than a quarter century and I still can't get over the fact they just left the Enterprise-D saucer section on a planet in a solar system with a pre-warp society. Can you imagine if we find something like that on Mars? That's messed up.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    I used to use the D'Kora Krayton, but I switched to Captain Proton's Rocket Ship. Here's why:
    bi18ktrcreri.jpg
    zb3xtypwl5ak.jpg

A skirmish is all about attrition, baby. Whatever other advantages the Krayton may have pale in comparison to the Rocket's Shields, Hull, and Shield Regeneration.

Only if u don t have suiting Skirmishes crew(400% instant damage).
    My battles are over within 3-4 seconds anyway. Couldn t care less about shield, regeneration and so on.

The cooldown of timers by 2 seconds and instant 350% damage of the
    Krayton are waaay more useful. Imho.
    jkye8muiheia.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    I used to use the D'Kora Krayton, but I switched to Captain Proton's Rocket Ship. Here's why:
    bi18ktrcreri.jpg
    zb3xtypwl5ak.jpg

A skirmish is all about attrition, baby. Whatever other advantages the Krayton may have pale in comparison to the Rocket's Shields, Hull, and Shield Regeneration.

My battles are over within 3-4 seconds anyway. Couldn t care less about shield, regeneration and so on.

jkye8muiheia.jpeg

I've never been a fan of the Krayton. Tried it again after David's post, and I'm still not a fan. My issue with it is that everything is riding on that initial burst - if it doesn't succeed, then I find the fight drags forever. I've been alternating between the Scimktar, Valdore and (especially) the Discovery and I find those more to my liking.

I'm sure if I mathed it out, I'm making the wrong choice, but I really just hate waiting for the second round of damage bursts.
  • Options
    TarisTaris ✭✭✭
    Haven't played properly in a while so I don't know if I missed anything or...Has there been some change to the amount of points you get on a skirmish? I thought that when using event crew you get 1k per skirmish and then 2k on the final one. I'm using event crew but still stuck with 875 per skirmish or something like that...? Anyone knows what's up with that? 🤔
  • Options
    Taris wrote: »
    Haven't played properly in a while so I don't know if I missed anything or...Has there been some change to the amount of points you get on a skirmish? I thought that when using event crew you get 1k per skirmish and then 2k on the final one. I'm using event crew but still stuck with 875 per skirmish or something like that...? Anyone knows what's up with that? 🤔
    Using either Tribble Kirk, Tribble Chekov or Tribble Phlox should give you maximum event points.

• Options
    TarisTaris ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Taris wrote: »
    Using either Tribble Kirk, Tribble Chekov or Tribble Phlox should give you maximum event points.

That's what I thought, guess I'll have to restart the game
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    bi18ktrcreri.jpg
    zb3xtypwl5ak.jpg

jkye8muiheia.jpeg

Oh, don't worry about my crew. I'm set insofar as that goes. I just wanted to underscore the point for any of our fellow players for whom hull and shields make the difference between having to choose between repairing damage and loot. That was once a problem for me, which is what led me to look into those stats.

Anyway, I'm not chasing rank in this one so after I cleared thresholds, I started playing around with other ships and crews just for fun. I wanted to do the Enterprise-A with just crew from VI, but man, those initialization times are dreadful:

4s Lieutenant Valeris, Prisoner 'Bones' McCoy & Torpedo Surgeon McCoy
    6s Rura Penthe Commandant & Rura Penthe Kirk
    8s Captain Spock & Colonel West
    10s Admiral Cartwright & Chancellor Gorkon
    12s First Officer Chekov, General Chang & UFP President Ra-ghoratreii
    14s Captain Sulu & Martia

The Commandant is actually useful (400% damage), but the rest are... not. Kirk deals 500% damage, but his trigger is Cloak which obviously, the Enterprise-A doesn't have. Ditto Gorkon, except he takes a full 10s. Torpedo Surgeon McCoy deals a paltry 150% instant damage at 2s, though he does have additional charge phases of 250% at 4s and 500% at 5s.

Hey, TP/WRG/Whatever - How about a Chancellor Azetbur, Commander Rand, or a Romulan Ambassador Nanclus who's actually useful on a ship? Hell, I'll take that one Klingon dude who laughed at McCoy's joke during the trial. I ain't picky. Anyway, onto the next theme! Think I'll try something in the Mirror Universe.