Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Skirmish Event - A Bed of Mushrooms Mega-Event Finale - 2021-08-26

13»

Comments

• Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have people noticed that Tribble Sulu is now in the Originals Collection? Must have happened when they corrected his stats. Nice touch! :)
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    Have people noticed that Tribble Sulu is now in the Originals Collection? Must have happened when they corrected his stats. Nice touch! :)

I did notice that! I meant to click to open the Tribble Trouble collection to see who I still needed stars for and accidentally clicked the Timelines' Originals.

There ought to be a collection of crew with ridiculous ship ability initialization times. My tinkering with fun themes has turned up a whole lot of those. Seriously, who thought Mirror Beverly Crusher needed a 20s initialization time?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I used to use the D'Kora Krayton, but I switched to Captain Proton's Rocket Ship. Here's why:
    bi18ktrcreri.jpg
    zb3xtypwl5ak.jpg

A skirmish is all about attrition, baby. Whatever other advantages the Krayton may have pale in comparison to the Rocket's Shields, Hull, and Shield Regeneration.

It's not about attrition. It's about speed. Shaving seconds off each match adds up to either more rounds played or less time needed for a given score. If you don't have the crew to win quickly then it's about attrition, but assuming you can win each match the question becomes how quickly can you win.

One of the Full Bonus Crew has a Unconditional Sledgehammer. Kirk, with three others plus the Built in Sledgehammer, attrition is really not a problem for me.

I get not everyone has the same crew, but if you do have Tribble Kirk, Killy, Commandant, and Garth then the kills come pretty quick.
    I used to use the D'Kora Krayton, but I switched to Captain Proton's Rocket Ship. Here's why:
    bi18ktrcreri.jpg
    zb3xtypwl5ak.jpg

A skirmish is all about attrition, baby. Whatever other advantages the Krayton may have pale in comparison to the Rocket's Shields, Hull, and Shield Regeneration.

Only if u don t have suiting Skirmishes crew(400% instant damage).
    My battles are over within 3-4 seconds anyway. Couldn t care less about shield, regeneration and so on.

The cooldown of timers by 2 seconds and instant 350% damage of the
    Krayton are waaay more useful. Imho.
    jkye8muiheia.jpeg

Oh, don't worry about my crew. I'm set insofar as that goes. I just wanted to underscore the point for any of our fellow players for whom hull and shields make the difference between having to choose between repairing damage and loot. That was once a problem for me, which is what led me to look into those stats.

Anyway, I'm not chasing rank in this one so after I cleared thresholds, I started playing around with other ships and crews just for fun. I wanted to do the Enterprise-A with just crew from VI, but man, those initialization times are dreadful:

4s Lieutenant Valeris, Prisoner 'Bones' McCoy & Torpedo Surgeon McCoy
    6s Rura Penthe Commandant & Rura Penthe Kirk
    8s Captain Spock & Colonel West
    10s Admiral Cartwright & Chancellor Gorkon
    12s First Officer Chekov, General Chang & UFP President Ra-ghoratreii
    14s Captain Sulu & Martia

The Commandant is actually useful (400% damage), but the rest are... not. Kirk deals 500% damage, but his trigger is Cloak which obviously, the Enterprise-A doesn't have. Ditto Gorkon, except he takes a full 10s. Torpedo Surgeon McCoy deals a paltry 150% instant damage at 2s, though he does have additional charge phases of 250% at 4s and 500% at 5s.

Hey, TP/WRG/Whatever - How about a Chancellor Azetbur, Commander Rand, or a Romulan Ambassador Nanclus who's actually useful on a ship? Hell, I'll take that one Klingon dude who laughed at McCoy's joke during the trial. I ain't picky. Anyway, onto the next theme! Think I'll try something in the Mirror Universe.

I don't even repair between Battles, now. But, some I'm sure still do. If I'm dinged, the Blue Button on the Dorka Dorka fixes that the next battle.

I wanna applaud your research to find good combos for people who do not have the usual suspects! We always seem to have people pointing out when they disagree. We need to recognize when our people help each other!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    For newer crews, I generally recommend a ship with cloaking. That way you can have extra time for timers to get your crew ready. When your cloak drops, rapidly fire off a crew to boost attack speed, a crew for accuracy boost, a crew for high attack bonus. The fourth crew should be someone with as much of a sledgehammer as you have, or a crew to repair hull, depending on how well the fights go. For a long time I was using 1* nurse what's-her-name from Next Generation. Massive hull repair. Now that I have the crew for it, I just pound the enemy and ignore any scratches they give. I've never lost a fight for not repairing hull except when I get distracted or once fell asleep while playing.
  • Options
    For newer crews, I generally recommend a ship with cloaking. That way you can have extra time for timers to get your crew ready. When your cloak drops, rapidly fire off a crew to boost attack speed, a crew for accuracy boost, a crew for high attack bonus. The fourth crew should be someone with as much of a sledgehammer as you have, or a crew to repair hull, depending on how well the fights go. For a long time I was using 1* nurse what's-her-name from Next Generation. Massive hull repair. Now that I have the crew for it, I just pound the enemy and ignore any scratches they give. I've never lost a fight for not repairing hull except when I get distracted or once fell asleep while playing.

Ogawa
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    EnderW wrote: »

I did notice that! I meant to click to open the Tribble Trouble collection to see who I still needed stars for and accidentally clicked the Timelines' Originals.

There ought to be a collection of crew with ridiculous ship ability initialization times. My tinkering with fun themes has turned up a whole lot of those. Seriously, who thought Mirror Beverly Crusher needed a 20s initialization time?

I would post an image of a dartboard re: ship abilities, but … yeah. Ask @Prime Lorca [10FH] about that, LOL.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's all the crew with 15+ second initialization. Mirror Bev is tied for the top at 20s.

j796dsot1eoc.jpg
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I turned in she who must not be named for Killy long ago. That is a cool outside the box approach though which is fun.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Here's all the crew with 15+ second initialization. Mirror Bev is tied for the top at 20s.

j796dsot1eoc.jpg

I'll at least go along with Gary Seven because he's so terrific otherwise. But Investigator Odo? The 1* version? Anyone using him at all is surely doing so out of necessity. That's just mean.
  • Options
    Since we're sharing our Skirmish crews, here's mine:

dso768j3q351.jpg

I'm sticking with the Enterprise-A 'cause I love her and even if I was going for rank, she'd be sufficient. But regardless of which ship I use, this is my crew. Locutus of Borg initializes in 0s. Mirror Spock in 1s. By time the Rura Penthe Commandant has initialized and is ready to deliver that 400% damage, my opponent's shields are already nearly gone. The fourth slot goes to whoever gets me the full bonus. This time, it's Tribble Kirk. He initializes at the same time as the Commandant and delivers 375% damage.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I missed Yar by 2 during the event after a 98% shuttle failed in the afternoon 30 seconds. I lost my desire to get her. But Noah, I have and he is good. I have also used Locutus and Spock. But the sledgehammer works for me, so I don't experiment much. Very nice t o hear what works for others. I may try another setup some time.
  • Options

dso768j3q351.jpg

I'm sticking with the Enterprise-A 'cause I love her and even if I was going for rank, she'd be sufficient. But regardless of which ship I use, this is my crew. Locutus of Borg initializes in 0s. Mirror Spock in 1s. By time the Rura Penthe Commandant has initialized and is ready to deliver that 400% damage, my opponent's shields are already nearly gone. The fourth slot goes to whoever gets me the full bonus. This time, it's Tribble Kirk. He initializes at the same time as the Commandant and delivers 375% damage.

Locutus initializes at 1s. That only matters because you can't use him with Degra to get a big boom at 0.1s. Other than that, he's about equal to PW Yar. I just like to use Yar to show others that she wasn't nerfed that hard. Yes, it was a lousy thing DB did (pre-WRG days), but having both Yar and Killy is better than a second Killy, imo. Their solution was pretty good, though. Those who wanted Killy got her instead. Sorry for re-opening that wound. I didn't get Yar early because I was new when her event ran. I picked her in 5 beholds, I think. Maybe I used a citation for the last one.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

dso768j3q351.jpg

Locutus initializes at 1s. That only matters because you can't use him with Degra to get a big boom at 0.1s. Other than that, he's about equal to PW Yar. I just like to use Yar to show others that she wasn't nerfed that hard. Yes, it was a lousy thing DB did (pre-WRG days), but having both Yar and Killy is better than a second Killy, imo. Their solution was pretty good, though. Those who wanted Killy got her instead. Sorry for re-opening that wound. I didn't get Yar early because I was new when her event ran. I picked her in 5 beholds, I think. Maybe I used a citation for the last one.

Well, I couldn't use Degra or Yar anyway because I don't have either. Yar's not a wound for me, open or otherwise. I was perfectly content to hang back in that event. I wasn't quite competitive enough to confidently go after her, especially given all the chatter on the forum calling for a "bloodbath." (Though it seemed every other week was supposed to lead to one of those.)

Regarding Locutus, I stand corrected. In any event, he still pairs well for me with Spock to set the table. I'm content. As I noted elsewhere recently, ultimately it's chronitons, time, and willingness to just keep tapping that are the most important elements in a Skirmish. I have plenty of the first two. That last one, though... It's been waning overall for quite awhile. That's for a different thread, though.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

dso768j3q351.jpg

Well, I couldn't use Degra or Yar anyway because I don't have either. Yar's not a wound for me, open or otherwise. I was perfectly content to hang back in that event. I wasn't quite competitive enough to confidently go after her, especially given all the chatter on the forum calling for a "bloodbath." (Though it seemed every other week was supposed to lead to one of those.)

Regarding Locutus, I stand corrected. In any event, he still pairs well for me with Spock to set the table. I'm content. As I noted elsewhere recently, ultimately it's chronitons, time, and willingness to just keep tapping that are the most important elements in a Skirmish. I have plenty of the first two. That last one, though... It's been waning overall for quite awhile. That's for a different thread, though.

Got that different thread for you, cued up in The Holodeck & ready to roll. Peace, my friend. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    I dunno. Grug see BONUS so Grug add it. Other ship go boom fastly. Grug happy.

esfi09sk3i0r.jpeg

• Options
    Trollita wrote: »
    I dunno. Grug see BONUS so Grug add it. Other ship go boom fastly. Grug happy.

esfi09sk3i0r.jpeg

Might shave a couple seconds here and there if you swap Ardra and RPC. Getting that attack bonus before McCoy triggers might make a bigger boom. It'll definitely help Kirk hit harder.

I'm not 100% sure how the order goes with McCoy on a Krayton. Does he activate first since he initializes at 4s, or would the cooldown reduction make a 6s crew to the left of McCoy activate first? Maybe I should go experiment. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Tested 6s crew to the left of a 4s crew on the Krayton. (Specifically, Killy to the left of McCoy.) The 6s crew will activate before the 4s crew. In the case of McCoy, he activates at his charged phase to deal 250% damage.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Tested 6s crew to the left of a 4s crew on the Krayton. (Specifically, Killy to the left of McCoy.) The 6s crew will activate before the 4s crew. In the case of McCoy, he activates at his charged phase to deal 250% damage.

It's enough time to ask, "Bones, where's that damn torpedo?"
  • Options
    Threshold gave a FF Behold.

I keep getting the "Embedded" Pop Up interrupting Battles. Anyone else? Several times in the last little while.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pushed a lot to get into the top 250, that Skill constellation is gonna get me some ISM in the market :D

l8wlxnxvl9ed.png
  • Options
    Kanon wrote: »
    Pushed a lot to get into the top 250, that Skill constellation is gonna get me some ISM in the market :D

l8wlxnxvl9ed.png

Very cool! Congrats!