Home The Bridge

The Post-Waddle Winter Season

2»

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really disappointed with the crew the last few months.
    Let’s fly!
    Navarch wrote: »
    I’ll take a slightly different tack here. There are more ways of doing stat creep than voyages. There could be awesome new arena crew or awesome voyagers, or crew with spectacular bases. Right now, we’re not getting any of that. The main thing we’re getting from new crew these days is just collection value. I don’t think that’s enough.

Well stated.
    Let’s fly!
  • Navarch wrote: »
    I’ll take a slightly different tack here. There are more ways of doing stat creep than voyages. There could be awesome new arena crew or awesome voyagers, or crew with spectacular bases. Right now, we’re not getting any of that. The main thing we’re getting from new crew these days is just collection value. I don’t think that’s enough.

That's an interesting perspective. I wonder, can you isolate the 5*'s most easily attainable up to 4/5 by VIP 0 crew, @NoNameNamer to chart a trend there? If you have 4/5 stats, so much the better but it's possible enough for even VIP 0 player to have enough citations around to bump up at least some of these. By my reckoning, that pool would consist of:

Tribble Quark [mega]
    Captain Picard Day Picard [achievements]
    Tribble Kirk [mega]
    Spock and I-Chaya [achievements]

For context, maybe also chart the pre-Waddle crew

Luau Paris [mega]
    Adira Tal [apology plus achievements]
    Lothario Q [mega]
    Barry Waddle [mega]

Balok (Gauntlet) and/or Captain Tribble (Honor Hall) could arguably also be in the mix, or thrown out as outliers.
  • And with new Spock…the sad story goes on….
    I meanwhile doubt they have any clue about stats. We‘re seeing a stats deflation.

hnu320xbappu.jpeg

Spock has a rare skill trio in a unique skill order. He's not stat monster, but there's little competition when it comes to CMD/MED, and not much more if you include MED/CMD.

It is a shame to see his raw voyage number lag behind Bridal Troi, Reverend Phlox, and Dr. Pollard - even with his edge on traits.

On the other hand, Spock also has tons of events, so he's going to get more weekend use. Even if that doesn't knock him in front, I think I wouldn't use him as an example of deflation.

I think WRG has a strong grasp of character stats, both individual and for the big picture. But I imagine they're also considering factors we tend to overlook.

As I mentioned earlier, I can argue theory all I want, in the end I haven't been chasing legendary crew much the past few months. I'm not saying folks shouldn't raise their concerns or even criticize, but it's possible to go too far the other way.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Spock has a rare skill trio in a unique skill order. He's not stat monster, but there's little competition when it comes to CMD/MED, and not much more if you include MED/CMD.

I hadn't even noticed this point yet - so thanks for saying it! I have 350 legendary crew on my roster and NONE of them have CMD-MED-X as a skill sequence. Will he fit into a voyage seat for me? Dunno yet, but it doesn't matter because I can finally stop staring at my spreadsheet table that shows "0" in that column. Voyages are great, and I have voyage goals like most of us do, but they aren't the only aspect of the game that motivates people.

As for the actual stats... I-Chaya is free, and also fits with a notion we used to discuss around here that desirable main cast types often got lower stats than the one-off characters. (As a relevant example, I'll remind us of the Captain Spock reveal, which was a mix of yeah/meh for getting the variant but wishing the stats matched the iconic representation. Capt. Spock is good - and he's gonna do work in the upcoming event - but he's slightly less than we collectively anticipated at the time.)

Edit: I see that the relative uniqueness of I-Chaya has also been discussed in the puzzle thread. I should read more before I comment :D but the sentiment is unchanged.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    And with new Spock…the sad story goes on….
    I meanwhile doubt they have any clue about stats. We‘re seeing a stats deflation.

hnu320xbappu.jpeg

It is a shame to see his raw voyage number lag behind Bridal Troi, Reverend Phlox, and Dr. Pollard - even with his edge on traits.

On the other hand, Spock also has tons of events, so he's going to get more weekend use. Even if that doesn't knock him in front, I think I wouldn't use him as an example of deflation.

I think WRG has a strong grasp of character stats, both individual and for the big picture. But I imagine they're also considering factors we tend to overlook.

As I mentioned earlier, I can argue theory all I want, in the end I haven't been chasing legendary crew much the past few months. I'm not saying folks shouldn't raise their concerns or even criticize, but it's possible to go too far the other way.

Indeed it is. 🙄

As to your previous point, I somewhat agree. Trait assignments could be better, in terms of new cards. Don’t get me started on ship abilities, though. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Aaaannnndddd they did it again…there was a chance to have someone
    better or close to Braxtons voyages stats. Instead…..😡🤬

75jvlrz4icq7.jpeg
    3a4p8lfjodto.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Compared to Braxtons stats from January 2019.
    qfskpurzg1n1.jpeg
    pqfvnkkp5kaf.jpeg

•SSR Delta Flyers•
  • The lack of good voyagers is a bit of a drag. This Picard looks like it could be a chart topper for CMD/ENG proficiency… and gauntlet crew seems to be a bit of a theme in recent months
  • The way I see it, there are plenty of criteria for evaluating new crew (greatest to lowest):

Voyage Stats
    Primary Stats
    Arena Power
    Skirmish Power
    Skill Combinations (rarity and value)
    Main Cast / Event Potential
    Traits (rarity and number)
    Collections
    Difficulty of Build
    Artwork
    Captain Kirk of [Battleship Musashi]
    Playing since June 14th, 2019
    Captain Level 80 / VIP 12
    Crew Quarters: 241/270
    Immortalized [436]: 5* x30, 4* x239, 3* x89, 2* x53, and 1* x27
    Most recent Immortal: Deral (4/4)
    Current Project: Waiting for sale with 680k Honor
    Completed Collections: Eugenics, Daystrom, Romulan, Ferengi, Do No Harm, Veteran, EV Suit, Rare, Uncommon and Common
  • JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    I have 3450 (with boosts) as a floor with 3600 being the good mark when considering retrieving or competing for, generally. Main cast, # of collections, unbalanced core vs proficiency scores, art, and the following event can move that needle, but I have my crew in a matrix by skills in my tool. I'm around 11 hrs voyage time. If you're at 6 hrs or breaking 12 regularly, your standard will vary.

That said, have I competed for any legendary crew during the mega or since? No. In fact, I don't know I think the only one I've really cared to compete for since Waddle was Boy Blue Wesley.
  • GitssacGitssac ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Since Waddle, I’ve immortalised Tribble Quark, Blue Boy Wes, Tribble Kirk and Tribble McCoy.

Went for McCoy because he seemed OK and I don’t have another variant immo’d… but I don’t think I’ve used him once apart from in the mega. The others have all been useful for me.

I’ve not competed for most other event legendaries for the same reasons given by many of you above - they won’t add to my crew’s voyage potential; have little other obvious benefits; and I don’t have the roster space to waste.

Edit: I would compete if I really loved the character though.

I also don’t buy Tuesday packs because ££££ so if any good ones have been in there I’ve missed out!
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gitssac wrote: »
    Since Waddle, I’ve immortalised Tribble Quark, Blue Boy Wes, Tribble Kirk and Tribble McCoy.

Went for McCoy because he seemed OK and I don’t have another variant immo’d… but I don’t think I’ve used him once apart from in the mega. The others have all been useful for me.

I’ve not competed for most other event legendaries for the same reasons given by many of you above - they won’t add to my crew’s voyage potential; have little other obvious benefits; and I don’t have the roster space to waste.

Edit: I would compete if I really loved the character though.

I also don’t buy Tuesday packs because ££££ so if any good ones have been in there I’ve missed out!

Not just that but they seem to instantly hit Campaigns, LTOs or get devalued in other ways (Platonian Chekov losing Costumed, Medic Reno in a Giveaway) for strange reasons that there is literally no reason to invest in Tuesday Golds these days.

You mean apart from the 1/3 of 10% chance? 🧮
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    i67k59m1ps0a.jpeg

Wow Really Godawful
    Let’s fly!
  • You’re right Apollo, the only good one there is Mayweather :lol:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
    You’re right Apollo, the only good one there is Mayweather :lol:

Yep. A Mayweather pack alone would be good but I am not buying that six pack or a two skill mudd
    Let’s fly!
  • NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
    Things are starting to look up.
    vzpcfll516i7.png

In 3 months, Braxton will be 3 years old and the #1 voyager for half of the game's life. I'm hoping we get a new top voyager by then. o:)
  • NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
    In 3 months, Braxton will be 3 years old and the #1 voyager for half of the game's life. I'm hoping we get a new top voyager by then. o:)

Thank you! :)