Home The Bridge

Event Discussion Thread: Hybrid Faction/ Galaxy Event: A Changeling in Time (Rerun) - 2021-09-30

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2021 in The Bridge
Heads up the event will not be announced at its usual time.
Keeping this thread closed until such time that I can update it :)

Event notes: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/18583/hybrid-faction-galaxy-event-notes-a-changeling-in-time-rerun-2021-09-30

Comments

• Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Capture.PNG

So Straal is a near identical copy of Honored Owosekun, a whilst he might have a few points difference. He won't fill Veteran and Resourceful seats like Owo does, neither does he have the event or base power required for factions that she does. He might fly slightly higher but she has more versitility.
    Skip, I'd just Crew Retrieve Owo instead, who is 2 years old.
  • Straal is in interesting choice considering he was in Disco for a few seconds… :lol:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard pass.
  • NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    We had 3 strong cards in this exact skill order, 2 of them of equal raw power. Now we have a 4th. The only new thing Straal brings to the table is his innovator seat, but that would be considered a very marginal improvement. As Idol pointed out, Owo is a better voyager given her 2 additional seats and a better card in general for her high bases and event potential. Mountaineer Spock can also fill in for him on the HFS seats which have the highest AM bonus chance, but he also comes with the versatility of 5 extra voyage seats and the Spock name. Director Hugh is the least impacted voyager by Straal as they only compete on the federation seat.

Straal, vrank #65.
    Owo is a 2 year old card with -2 voyage score, vrank #68.
    Director Hugh is 1.5 years old with -9 voyage score, vrank #72.
    Owo and Hugh bring better value to your roster. But should you chase and FF Straal, this very marginal voyage score bump and a higher SCI/CMD voyage pair will give him priority seating by most automated voyage calculators, so he will look like a better voyager than his competition and you will be happy with having him immortalized.

There are no CMD/SCI/ENG crew.
    There are no top 100 SCI/ENG/CMD crew.
    There are no top 100 ENG/SCI/CMD crew.

Honored Owosekun was also a recent event reward.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Straal, truly worth of being a legendary card. 😉

Glad their was a describtion text, since i had no clue of who it is,
    and i watched every Disco Season at least twice. 😳
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am happy to get Straal, co-creator of the Spore Drive.
    Let’s fly!
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    One of the rare events I'm after the 400k reward. Usually it's another mediocre 1/5 mouth to feed. This time, it's getting my mediocre 2/5 to 3/5.

Two event crew 2/4 too, so they'll both be finding themselves completed, and can work on equipping them during the skirmish.
    Anyone notice the blurb text says he was Captain of the USS Glenn, this was never confirmed anywhere. Memory Alpha states he lead the Team that was producing the spore drive technology in no way does that signify being Captain.
    Anyone notice the blurb text says he was Captain of the USS Glenn, this was never confirmed anywhere. Memory Alpha states he lead the Team that was producing the spore drive technology in no way does that signify being Captain.

It may be something coming up in season 4. I think it would be funny if not only did Straal one up Stamets in his research but also in rank.
    Let’s fly!

It may be something coming up in season 4. I think it would be funny if not only did Straal one up Stamets in his research but also in rank.

I mean unless they
    Bring him back to life as a Time Traveller
    I think that's highly unlikely lol
  • Why does Straal look like he has malaria?
    With spore drive, anything is possible.
    Let’s fly!
  • DCPilot wrote: »
    Why does Straal look like he has malaria?

No Body/Faceshaming 😆🙈
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
    edited September 2021
    DCPilot wrote: »
    Why does Straal look like he has malaria?

I believe they are pulling from the holo image we see of Straal when he is talking to Stamets.

l3ctbbbk3ac9.jpeg

bymk5dj4l3gk.png

3509omc9v8pd.jpeg
    Here is the actor Saad Saddiqui
    Let’s fly!
  • It's not just this card...there have been several yellow crew lately.
    9kj76a90kkw5.png

• Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the artists are being inspired by the planet the Borg and Lore are on in Descent.

descent2-241.jpg

riker.jpg

• KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the glow from the portal
  • Should we be expecting next week’s event preview soon?
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Swiping screen across in the portal, accidentally used my last merits on a 3-pack. With only 2 transmissions each, that's my entire event done before even started.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Arnie wrote: »
    Swiping screen across in the portal, accidentally used my last merits on a 3-pack. With only 2 transmissions each, that's my entire event done before even started.

I've always found it strange that we need to purchase shuttle tokens with merits during a faction event. I somewhat understand the need to do so when running shuttle missions as part of regular play (why not just use chrons, as you do when running other missions?), but I always felt like events should be different. The number of shuttles you can run is already limited by the number of shuttles you own, the number of shuttle rental tokens you have, and the amount of dilithium (cash) you are willing to spend to recall shuttles more quickly.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Email CS they can refund you. Play gauntlet to earn some new merits. Use those 6 shuttles to earn VP to get more shuttles from the event rewards.
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

Email CS they can refund you. Play gauntlet to earn some new merits. Use those 6 shuttles to earn VP to get more shuttles from the event rewards.

No shuttle rewards for this event. Assumed reply would take too long, by which point I'd have lost the evening.

Had everyone K.O.ed in the gauntlet. Spent about 300 dil recharging them to keep fighting, and kept getting credits! Am higher than usual, meaning I was struggling to get quick wins too. Eventually got enough merits to buy 8 missions for each faction. Will get me to tomorrow, when I can generate more credits.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang. Got a late start. I was up all night, again, feeling bad. Went to sleep after 0900. Alarm set at 1155 on Thursdays for Event Start went off, and I fell back asleep after I hit it. Didn't wake up until after 1500.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
    edited September 2021
    Eight of 24 in the super-wave failed, 1/3.

Wicked Diplomacy, y'all!

k959yf7ad6j7.jpg

That stinks. If you need some merits for shuttles you can get them from gauntlet. Just don’t reshuffle any matches with merits.
    Let’s fly!
    Free Community Pull:

Took Star for Crusher to save room. But others were VERY tempting. Also took Brunt, to get my 3* needed count down to nine.

zi184eig7fxz.jpg
    yvzmwtxy4hnp.jpg

• Meh...

wttv5au3e9sv.jpg
    75n3herlmc2y.jpg
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
    Meh...

wttv5au3e9sv.jpg
    75n3herlmc2y.jpg

That Trip does a Collection or two, at least. Would check but the Wiki is still hinky. I know Mirror Collection obviously. Jury Rigger?