Home The Bridge
Options

The Top Three Most Annoying Things in this Game atm

edited September 2021 in The Bridge
1. Ads not appearing unless you close and restart first.
2. Overlapping screens (eg shuttle completions appearing five minutes later over the main UI)
3. The anti macro thing appearing after just one craft/battle. I don't know much about macros and I don't know how to set one up. But I would be willing to bet this is an easy thing to bypass. Why doesn't it appear at random after a lot of clicks. It popping up after my first visit to the event just puts me off playing any further. I have even taken to using the free dilithium offers to find new and interesting games to play.

Feel free to add your top three or tell me why I'm wrong. I'm willing to bet alot of people's annoyance stems from crap card stats. Or cards being changed after they were sold.

Comments

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) No keyboard appearing in the Kindle version. Most would say chat is terrible anyway, but I can't search, send a support ticket, or even login in when I tried reinstalling on one device. I couldn't even type "37" when asked for my age. I had to copy and paste to get that far. I still can't log in. No keyboard and FB login isn't working.
    2) Incessant crashing. Hence the attempted reinstall. I can be bounced out multiple times in a five minute period or it can be fine. My favorite is when it kicks me all the way back to my lock screen and I have to relogin into my Kindle AND relaunch the game. Does it do this on other platforms besides Kindle? It bouncing me out after I watch the ad so I get nothing for it is always fun. I don't even have do anything for it to crash. I can literally have it sitting at the main screen or crew quarters, just sitting while I check something, sip a drink, whatever, and it will be gone when I look back. When it does while I'm trying to recall a Voyage, you can probably hear me screaming at the neighbor's.
    3) Sorting crew in the Vault not simply putting ALL the crew in order, not just who you have out. When you are searching in the Vault, you are interested in more than who you have in Quarters or you could just search in Quarters. You typically are looking to see if you froze someone you could use or who would be a good target for retrieval. Going back and forth searching, squinting, and trying to keep the numbers straight in an annoyance I could do without. Sorting a skill by base or proficiency and having someone frozen or a silhouette pop up with or ahead of your top crew would be a great tool.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    #1 = Crap or medicore stats for new 5* and 4* crew. 🤗

#2 and #3 = just pick ur posion(s) 😆
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Nothing to do with all the new crew every week.

See above

See above again
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    1-Overlapping windows, in my case I hate when I claim a shuttle, and then an offer pops up (that I know can stop it if I open it when I enter the game, but I don't always remember), and then I end up with the main UI overlapping the shuttle results
    2-A bug (windows version), in which (I think) if you play in multiple devices, and get the ""your account has been logged into from another device" message, you click ok and the game restarts, but it seems to be in a faulty state when you go to equip crew, and the recipes for equipment doesn't show up. I have to close the app and open it again. I HATE THIS BUG.
    3-A lot of legendary crew not exactly "legendary", while iconic characters that you might consider legendary, are super rare, at best. I know that "legendary" is not really "legendary" but a way to say "even more rare than super rare", but It bugs me that minor characters, or variants are "legendary" while a plain (iconic) Captain Picard, whom I would consider a "legend", is "uncommon" (while it's true that it's his most plain/simple ie common incarnation)

Those are just annoyances, nothing more (also I hate the "current phase has ended" message popping out when nothing like that is even close to happening, Or after watching an ad, I get the "ad limit" message and no reward (It would be nice seeing that BEFORE watching the ad). Or the lack of an "anti bad luck" mechanism, or at least a less evil RNG. I have luck once a year, but usually, portal pulls hate me and I have learn to never open packs unless there is a valuable prize and the odds are REALLY good. It's really sad to open a pack with 6 possible crew and getting 6 copies of an already fronzen Marshall of France Q (also, one dropped on a voyage that same day)

EDIT: I just got the "current phase has ended"
    50ph6b8bywwa.png

But what really puts me off is the "we are trying something new" excuse to bend the rules we have come to expect, putting fusion cards in elusive packs, or mega characters available in the next mega... I don't care if that is the way it's going to be, but I like to know so I can plan how to play, have some sense of "strategy" and not just tap, and use resources mindlessly.
  • Options
    It's just done it again. I switch to the game which I know I haven't used for at least two hours, it has been sat idle on my S21 Ultra.
    Run a space battle for the event - 'which character is Sisko?' - sigh - switch to claim some chronitons - no ad offered.

I've closed it and ran Woodoku instead.

And it seems like everyone is doing the same because despite my having barely scraped the third Data, I'm still sitting under 1500.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Bad new crew stats
    2. The ads that are three 10 second ads I have to click through.
    3. Every time I hit 14hrs my voyage freezes at the dilemma.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I had forgotten the Voyage Freeze. That su€ks, man.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just done it again. I switch to the game which I know I haven't used for at least two hours, it has been sat idle on my S21 Ultra.
    Run a space battle for the event - 'which character is Sisko?' - sigh - switch to claim some chronitons - no ad offered.

I've closed it and ran Woodoku instead.

And it seems like everyone is doing the same because despite my having barely scraped the third Data, I'm still sitting under 1500.

Have the app running, switch to another app, trigger macro app, switch back to STT and play event.

I suspect this is a common pattern for macros. I assume they are doing more advanced checks too. But this seems to be the most common use case normal players are running into that triggers the macro check.
  • Options
    The various counting errors throughout the game, especially when it comes to crew slots (it showing crew slots still available but it's actually full).
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will just say again as mentioned by @W.W. Carlisle
    The cryo sort is a joke.
    We go to cryo and do a sort trying to see who is the best frozen in SCI. But the game does not sort any of the frozen. They get tossed in after the crew we have on roster are sorted. They are not sorted at all.

This may be difficult to do. Because it is based on all the crew we have and their appropriate stats. But the solution may be just to sort the crew not on roster by their immortalized stats.

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the plus side, I haven't received gold replicator rations instead of crew from a voyage for at least 2 months.

*knocks on wood*
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the plus side, I haven't received gold replicator rations instead of crew from a voyage for at least 2 months.

*knocks on wood*

Got one last night 😥
  • Options
    JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    The "this event phase has ended" seems to be the default error text for anything with skirmishes. I get it often when my mobile signal is very low and I'm probably dropping in and out of communication with the server.

I also got it yesterday consistently from selecting a crew for the ship seat that was in overage (e.g. 252/250 and data is grayed out). I didn't realize I was over b/c I forgot about the copies of Picard that would drop, too, from rewards. I searched "data" in the interface when filling seats and when I selected him I would get that error.

So, that specific message could refer to any issue with executing the skirmish. Of course, you get it if that is actually true, but it can mean a host of other things, apparently.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    1) If you have a duplicate character you are building and receive a behold, it would be nice instead of the behold telling you that character is 5/5 or in the freezer, the behold would go off the information of your duplicate.
    2) Ingame Notifications working properly would be nice as well.
    3) Find a way to make older cards (DL’s) relevant again.
    4) Since we’re apparently never going to do expeditions again, how about a new event style?
    5) Effective quality control to reduce the amount of repeat mistakes within the game.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Crew Retrieval and the Celestial Marketplace both launched smooth as silk. To imply that a clearly hardworking and effective QA team doesn't exist is rather unkind.

Ha ha. Clearly a joke. 🤣
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) If you have a duplicate character you are building and receive a behold, it would be nice instead of the behold telling you that character is 5/5 or in the freezer, the behold would go off the information of your duplicate.

Yes
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    I've got Timelines installed on 3 devices- 2 Kindles and a smart phone. It is sort of working on one Kindle. Phone won't load it and the one Kindle had it reinstalled from the incessant crashing and the keyboard won't appear so I can log in. My main Kindle has bounced me out some, double bounced twice, but it's not like the keyboard will appear so I can file a ticket. This is a very long known issue.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long has THIS been an issue?

9dc7m1tn2kqe.jpg

Problem? It looks cool.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    All immo begolds
    All immo beholds…
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    I know they were said before in other's posts. But here are my top 3.

1. Having to check and sometimes restart before doing Ad-Warps. I hate having to restart 100x a day.

2. Voyages getting stuck on dilemmas. There is no point in going past a 10 hour voyage because it's just going to get stuck anyway.

3. Not wanting to chat ingame because every other word is ^^%$%$^$W###@$@ even though I am typing no cuss words. Wondering if my pms even reached someone, etc. The chat in this game needs a major overhaul.
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) If you have a duplicate character you are building and receive a behold, it would be nice instead of the behold telling you that character is 5/5 or in the freezer, the behold would go off the information of your duplicate ...

It would be nice during a behold and begold to show you what level the character is in addition to how many stars they have.

• Options
    In general, the worst thing is the arrogance of the developers who are fanatically believing that trying new things is more important than correcting the years old issues. If the society wasn't collapsing similar way and the consumer wasn't forced to choose from broken products or if we were some 50 years in past, this would be such a scandal that these people would not get job anywhere anymore for showing this level of arrogance and ignorance.
    Just because it is hard to repair some big mistake in engineering it does not mean you are free to ignore the issue. You get SO MUCH MONEY from this game that it is absolutely inexcusible that you continue to ignore serious issues in the game.
    Otherwise I agree with the initial post and some other.
    admiral Jean Luc Dali of the FREEFOM OF SPEECH fleet

If you feel like others are not following human values anymore or you are fed up with censorship or you are UFO and conspiracies "enthusiast", then reach to me, we are recruiting - see our ad: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/18591/freefom-of-speech-fleet-is-recruiting-learn-to-play-logically-and-stay-with-us-just-for-1min-a-day#latest
  • Options
    How long has THIS been an issue?

9dc7m1tn2kqe.jpg

Since beginning and probably until the end.