Home The Bridge

The 8.2 update is not nearly as good as I originally thought, but has some good elements, except...

<TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2021 in The Bridge
How do I make these go away forever? They are in the absolutely worst possible location and they cause the portal menu to appear above them, towards the top of the screen. Why? Who thought this was a good idea?

0gw6i0ld4n2k.png

aodcz1t8zie9.png

Comments

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do I make these go away forever? They are in the absolutely worst possible location and they cause the portal menu to appear above them, towards the top of the screen. Why? Who thought this was a good idea? Comment moderated, this type of comment is unnecessary, ~Shan

0gw6i0ld4n2k.png

On which platform are you seeing the Time Portal appearing in a different location due to the this new placement?

Could you please provide a screenshot? Thank you!
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    I updated the post with a second screenshot. It thrusts the entire menu towards the top half of the screen. But that's not what my complaint is entirely about. It's about the placement of those offers, full stop. They're no longer on the edge of the screen as they were and they stick up off of the bottom menu bar in an extremely unpleasing way, aesthetically. And they blink. Constantly.

Edit: This is Steam and iOS. I deleted my Facebook a few months back so I can't check there.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I updated the post with a second screenshot. It thrusts the entire menu towards the top half of the screen. But that's not what my complaint is entirely about. It's about the placement of those offers, full stop. They're no longer on the edge of the screen as they were and they stick up off of the bottom menu bar in an extremely unpleasing way, aesthetically. And they blink. Constantly.

Thank you, I thought you meant that when you opened the Time Portal itself, everything was shifted.
    For the menu to shift above, that is normal I believe.

Would you have expected for the menu to appear under the icons for the offers on the interface?
  • While I'm here, the Fleet button is... deformed somehow. It looks fat. Like it's been stretched horizontally.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Thank you, I thought you meant that when you opened the Time Portal itself, everything was shifted.

Would you have expected for the menu to appear under the icons for the offers on the interface?

Yes. This new appears is incredibly visually offputting.
  • NoblemanDKNoblemanDK ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Grafical glitch on Steam
    1qrp6fwzy21h.png

Edit dissapeared after several minuttes
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Good: I like the voyage bit on the main screen, it helps access it quicker. Shows when a dilemma is available.

It seems odd moving the cadet missions to the dailies button, but keeping the arena with its own button on the bottom. They are both daily tasks, with daily tokens.

I'm not certain about hiding the achievements on the character menu (top left), but I suppose we will use it less now that temporary achievements are moved to the event hub.

As for the blinking, I only get one line of offers, and they blink when the offer displayed changes. It is unclear because three of the four offers finish at the same time.
    I guess Darxide has a DYC, if so the DYC would be better elsewhere.

Excellent: I can see who has completed their dailies, and who needs a visit to the agoniser. >:)
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    My immediate favorite feature?

Knowing where my Voyage is timer-wise on the main screen......

iprb4m9ak1uc.jpg
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
    Shan wrote: »

I'm not sure where a better spot in the new layout would be, visually.

Maybe upper right, under the ISM/Dilithium?

Sorta top middle between the Captain Level bar and the Credits?

To the right of the new Voyage box?

Under the Event Hub?

Most anywhere is going to be distracting for some someones.

• Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Maybe swap the Purchase and Galaxy Map buttons.
    That would push it more to the side leaving the center with more space.

Then also make Event Hub two lines so it's more vertical and less horizontal.
  • My immediate favorite feature?

iprb4m9ak1uc.jpg

Shame it doesn't have the little white AM bar showing you how empty you are anymore.
    Jellybaby wrote: »

iprb4m9ak1uc.jpg

Shame it doesn't have the little white AM bar showing you how empty you are anymore.

It still has the AM bar when you actually go to the Voyage. It didn't show on the main page before, so it is not like you are losing something that was there.

x6poj4zbqiir.png
  • JellybabyJellybaby ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Jellybaby wrote: »

iprb4m9ak1uc.jpg

It still has the AM bar when you actually go to the Voyage. It didn't show on the main page before, so it is not like you are losing something that was there.

x6poj4zbqiir.png

When you went to galaxy window it had the AM bar below the large icon.

b8sjb1e6198a.png
  • JellybabyJellybaby ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    This is also a lot better than having things in different sub menus and completely different areas and plenty of room for 2 additional tabs.

5ua8d7ll1zdw.png
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any consideration of just going with an LCARs-like design?
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the Campaigns rewards page really need two separate entrances; one through the Campaigns tab and one through the Daily Missions tab?
  • How about making it disappear Forever! Just toss it into the time portal .
    Or atleast move it to the upper right under the mail menu
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    the flashing "eat at joe's" sign would be slightly better to the far right above the galaxy map icon.

of course I prefer the old UI but this one is bearable (which is about as good as these sort of improvements ever get). My main complaint is that it adds a couple extra clicks for doing what we always do. Why? May not sound like much but every extra click in my day is an annoyance.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
    Love this QoL addition. Says which Collection or Collections Crew go in in the Crew Info screen.

of3etj3i1pm8.jpg
  • So far, I am liking the new updates. I noticed one thing though, and perhaps it will be resolved after the forced update on Nov 8.

When you go to the 'switch accounts' option, you get the same 'Account Switched' notice after entering your credentials, but the button to click is greyed out, so it can not be clicked on. Of course at this point you can simply cancel the game, or use Alt-F4 as a workaround, so it's not a big deal since you would do this at this point anyway.

It has always puzzled me WHY the game login was done this way. If you need to start up a different account, you have to start the game, switch accounts, and then exit the game and re-start. While it does simplify the process for most users, it's not exactly the most secure method from an IT perspective, which happens to be my background.

nfiu8yzmh05e.png
  • I am on Android. There is no update available in Google Store? I am seeing no changes to UI?
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on Android. There is no update available in Google Store? I am seeing no changes to UI?

Same. Android must be delayed this time.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we did not announce a release date for 8.2.0 on Google Play, it is indeed delayed due to an issue we are looking into.

I will let you know once we redeploy on FB/Steam and when the release occurs for other platforms.
  • Thank you.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's also the issue where my frozen crew have disappeared from the updated interface and I have to go to another platform to retrieve them.
    n4je6g37d6wi.png
    uovabiti0vpk.jpg
    kiw0bggkdd0x.png