Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread Faction/Galaxy Event: Looted Boxes - 2021-11-11

Comments

• Options
    Chuft-Captain is 5 star, but the announcement says 4.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rewards have Orion Slaver and no Chuft-Captain. Is that an image mistake, or is this a case of reward and bonus crew being different?
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    FF_Founder wrote: »
    Chuft-Captain is 5 star, but the announcement says 4.

Shhhhh...they might have put him in the Rewards table as a 4*
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Thanks for continuing the run of 130000 and out events. Appreciate the break and hopefully gives noobies a chance at the 5*. :)
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    The rewards have Orion Slaver and no Chuft-Captain. Is that an image mistake, or is this a case of reward and bonus crew being different?

The latter.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Bonus crew:
    Vash 1x3*, 1x4*, 2x5* (edit, add Maid Marian)

Merchant, no 3*, 8x4*, 7x5*

Daimon Solok (New) 5* and Chuft-Captain (Existing 5*)

18x4* or better bonus crew.

19x4* or better bonus crew including Maid Marian. (Thankyou @Mercuriousz )

(Unless Oh and Narissa are included as Vash).

To make matters worse, I might be levelling a second 4/4 copy of Ishka.
  • Options
    2 x 5* Vash; forgetting Maid Marian?
  • Options
    Li Nalas! I need to rewatch those episodes :)
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    I'm low on supply kits, going to skip a week. (350k and stop)
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Am I missing something… why does the event blurb mention Sulu? Shouldn’t that be DaiMon Solok?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peets wrote: »
    I'm low on supply kits, going to skip a week. (350k and stop)

When I am low on supply kits I like to farm all the galaxy items for both days in the one day with the kit. I go through one set all the way thru then try to get 30 of all of the items or 60 for items that pop up in two recipes then I have items for the second galaxy day and I can use replicator to add to the items that run low since replicating smaller items is not too expensive.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mean to take this farther off track.
    I really don't mean to sound rude. But (after the first month or two) how do you run out of supply kits? You get two per week if you get threshold and if you time things hardly need more than one. Then there are events where you aren't going for gold. I honestly don't see how you can run out. If you are having issues, do the minimum each day and then use one kit a week to level crew and such. Before long you will have an over abundance. I no longer even try to conserve them on purpose and will sometimes use two or three in an event and once in a while I use one on a random Tuesday or something. Yet I have 124 right now.
  • Options
    I really don't mean to sound rude. But (after the first month or two) how do you run out of supply kits? You get two per week if you get threshold and if you time things hardly need more than one. Then there are events where you aren't going for gold. I honestly don't see how you can run out. If you are having issues, do the minimum each day and then use one kit a week to level crew and such. Before long you will have an over abundance. I no longer even try to conserve them on purpose and will sometimes use two or three in an event and once in a while I use one on a random Tuesday or something. Yet I have 124 right now.

When I was smaller and had few chrons I would lvl up crew using a supply kit and never had that many. There were no skirmishes at the time to lvl crew. It is tough at the beginning when resources are scarce and voyages do not go very far so chrons are short.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    edited November 2021

I have gone six months activating a supply kit every other day just to save 14 chronitons a day doing dailies! 🤣🤣

That's how many I had accumulated.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

I have spend them since I got them.
    Each skirmish = 4 kits
    When I do galaxy = 4 kits
    When I do hybrid = 2 kits

You only get 2 kits each week.
    So now I'm going to pass to get 2 kits extra.

If you don't play events then yes, you can accumulate them easily.
  • Options
    Instead of using a kit each day of an event, use it once and do all the missions at the same time.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    You can do that when you are veteran who has thousands of chrono's waiting to be used.
    At the end of each day, I have 0 chrono's. So what I can gather I use with a kit during an event so I can get into top 1500.
  • Options
    You can do that when you are veteran who has thousands of chrono's waiting to be used.
    At the end of each day, I have 0 chrono's. So what I can gather I use with a kit during an event so I can get into top 1500.

Just do what you can and keep getting 4/5 recurring legendaries from megas and it will get easier. Unlike others I remember the grind and the difficulty. Having no chrons to spare. Good luck.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    To be honest I didn't consider that new players still ran into the lack of chronitons issue. When the game started we didn't have Supply kits, Gauntlet, Voyages or even skirmishes to grind chronitons from - that was a real famine.

May I suggest you use your supply kits to level and farm during skirmishes as you get your chronitons back after spending them. Hopefully that helps. :)
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

I have spend them since I got them.
    Each skirmish = 4 kits
    When I do galaxy = 4 kits
    When I do hybrid = 2 kits

You only get 2 kits each week.
    So now I'm going to pass to get 2 kits extra.

If you don't play events then yes, you can accumulate them easily.

This is a huge waste. Assuming you have a stash of chrons at the start of the event, the only kit that matters is the first one. I usually start it after the first voyage comes back during an event. At that point I clear all thresholds that have chrons, finish a second voyage and finish the Friday EAS before it expires.

After that I pool resources somewhat. During a galaxy event playing back to back kits is a waste. Skirmishes are fuzzier since you can accumulate more chrons from playing it. Unless your a huge meth and/or cokehead, you're not playing for the full 96 hours. There will be periods of time when you don't play and your best off not having a kit running then. Anything else is poor planning.

Last time I did well in a skirmish (top 300) I'm pretty sure I only ran two kits. I opened one up early in the vote to dump my chron stash and score all 3 event 4*'s. I opened the second kit on Sunday evening and scored the rest of my points while watching TV and bad movies all night.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a stash of chrons yet. According to datacore I need almost 1m chronos to level all my current crew.
    But I actually love the grind, that's why I'm actually playing it and of course because I love star trek.

Just do what you can and keep getting 4/5 recurring legendaries from megas and it will get easier. Unlike others I remember the grind and the difficulty. Having no chrons to spare. Good luck.

I am, got 25 legendaries maxed. I also do the campaign each month.
  • Options
    I certainly wish you the best.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely feel for you, @Peets . I'm closing in on 50 immortal golds and Voyages and Shuttles can still be an either/or depending on the skills. I never have enough chrons either.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Thanks for continuing the run of 130000 and out events. Appreciate the break and hopefully gives noobies a chance at the 5*. :)

No kidding! 😂

I guess it’s nice to have a week where I don’t even have to give a Targ HoH about even trying?

If Chuft-Captain had been included in the rewards somehow, I’d be all in with
    d’k tahgs and mek’leths, but as is…

Why should I even care or waste any time, resources, effort or real cash? 🤷

Four Vash and Out it is!
  • Options
    At this point I have sufficient resources on hand that I can get away with using one supply kit per skirmish . . . and that's it. I'll pour 10k+ chrons into getting stuff for Galaxy missions while gaining intel, and then I'm set until the next skirmish.

But I definitely remember when I was scrimping for chrons and trainers. And crew slots, for that matter.

I like resource management so I had fun balancing all of that, but it still let to a lot of difficult decisions, and it was hard to stock supplies. Now I have a surplus of everything except citations.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    Where can I find the stats of the Event Crew?