Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread Faction/Galaxy Event: Looted Boxes - 2021-11-11

Comments

• Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    FF_Founder wrote: »
    Peets wrote: »
    15 federation shuttles, reading the story it seems they did not communicate correctly with Shan.

But we received shuttles for all three factions yesterday.

Shan is giving that.

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    15 federation shuttles, reading the story it seems they did not communicate correctly with Shan.

Yes. Because Shan sends out the messages. Based on the info that is passed on to her. They gave her the wrong info, so the mailing contained Shuttle Tokens for the Factions she was told were involved.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭

Yes. Because Shan sends out the messages. Based on the info that is passed on to her. They gave her the wrong info, so the mailing contained Shuttle Tokens for the Factions she was told were involved.

Shan posted the info on this event on November 3rd, 8 (yes, that's eight) days ago.
    Here's a QA idea: How about the person/people who designed the event go to the forum post to see if what is posted there to the players is what they actually developed?
  • Options
    So every please remember we are all human and mistakes happen. The fact that they are probably still working remotely is adding to the stress they are under. Be kind to Shan and the team WRG
  • Options

Shan posted the info on this event on November 3rd, 8 (yes, that's eight) days ago.
    Here's a QA idea: How about the person/people who designed the event go to the forum post to see if what is posted there to the players is what they actually developed?

And the info was wrong eight days ago. Not for one second Shan's fault. Again, she can only pass on what is given to her to post.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

And the info was wrong eight days ago. Not for one second Shan's fault. Again, she can only pass on what is given to her to post.

I'm not saying it is Shan's fault. It obviously isn't. So Shan, I'm not upset with you.

I am saying that it is the fault of the QA system, (if you can even call it that at this point), which it seems is regularly being "looked into" so it can be "improved;" a system which doesn't seem to have someone double checking the information we as players get, double checking traits ("costumed, not costumed" Brother Rom, with "costume" items in his initial build), etc.

I shouldn't have to come up with ideas to help their communication work more smoothly. But I'm feeling like I have to, because it seems like week after week, we are having similar issues. And it is frustrating me to be on the receiving end of these issues.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I think the only reasonable thing to do on this one is just laugh. It's a mistake, but it's not catastrophic. We are all sending the same fed missions. No one gained an advantage by pre-planning missions seats because this wasn't a rerun/flashback. If you bought transmissions for the factions that didn't make it into the event... that's fine. Submit a CS ticket if you want to undo the purchases, but there are going to be future faction events that include romulan and ferengi alliance, so why not just keep them for later?

I'm going to blame the error on the bane of our existence here in the USA - the daylight savings time change. Some folks (perhaps some at WRG?) don't handle the circadian change smoothly.
  • Options
    I will forgive WRG if they add the cultural figure and veteran traits Li Nalas should have. Ideally both but at the least he should have cultural figure as his name and reputation inspired all of Bajor. He was given a prominent position because he was a cultural figure. He was rescued by Kira because of it. I would like to see WRG add some traits rather than just take them away.

Sorry, but it's too late for that, IMHO. I've already planned my level of involvement for this event for which he is the reward, and decided he's not worth going for. Make him better now (which he Should Have been at the start), and it wouldn't make those of us happy who aren't going for him, but would have had he had the traits to begin with.
    They should have made the change before the event started...
  • Options
    Honestly, I think the only reasonable thing to do on this one is just laugh. It's a mistake, but it's not catastrophic. We are all sending the same fed missions. No one gained an advantage by pre-planning missions seats because this wasn't a rerun/flashback. If you bought transmissions for the factions that didn't make it into the event... that's fine. Submit a CS ticket if you want to undo the purchases, but there are going to be future faction events that include romulan and ferengi alliance, so why not just keep them for later?

I'm going to blame the error on the bane of our existence here in the USA - the daylight savings time change. Some folks (perhaps some at WRG?) don't handle the circadian change smoothly.

I know I may be accused of becoming toxic, and maybe I am, but I don't think that laughing about it is the "reasonable" thing to do. Not any more.
    I would be willing to laugh it off if this were the only time something like this had happened. Sadly, it's not. Not by a long shot.

Will this error actually effect me negatively? No, for the reasons you stated.

But when I look at the facts, I can't blame this on the time change, since the wrong info was given to Shan 8 days ago, before the time change. So that isn't the reason for this one. (Nor, of course, for the many previous errors.)

I might be wrong, but the only reason I see at this point is that their QA system isn't functioning properly. And maybe that is at least partly because they don't apparently have someone in the lead QA position, and haven't for months.

But until they get such a person hired, and because of the continual "drip" of errors/miscommunications/sudden "trying something new" occurrences that people are suspecting are attempts to cover errors, to me, the "reasonable" thing for WRG to do at this time would be to focus efforts on fixing the current QA system, instead of focusing time/energy/effort on other things, like UI changes the users (their "employers") aren't asking for.

Only by actually realizing the dysfunction will there be a full-blown effort to fix it. Instead of (apparent) lip service.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    I will forgive WRG if they add the cultural figure and veteran traits Li Nalas should have. Ideally both but at the least he should have cultural figure as his name and reputation inspired all of Bajor. He was given a prominent position because he was a cultural figure. He was rescued by Kira because of it. I would like to see WRG add some traits rather than just take them away.

Sorry, but it's too late for that, IMHO. I've already planned my level of involvement for this event for which he is the reward, and decided he's not worth going for. Make him better now (which he Should Have been at the start), and it wouldn't make those of us happy who aren't going for him, but would have had he had the traits to begin with.
    They should have made the change before the event started...

It’s still early in this event plus galaxy last two days will vastly outweigh the first half of the event. I do see and understand your point. Just do cultural figure then. That is just a voyage trait and one very central to the character. I think Li Nalas is worth going for unless you are heavily stacked on great sec-dip crew.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    It’s sad because Li Nalas is not a crew member that is going to get multiple variations. This will be his only card. WRG needs to get it right. And from a pack buying perspective, without those missing traits I might as well just use my Koloth in voyages or one of the myriad other sec-dip, dip-sec crew with higher or comparable voyage scores. Not buy packs.

I hope this was not the trait solution WRG came up with in response to previous problems. To just have fewer traits is not a good solution. Especially when they ignore traits so central to a character’s being.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Now that I'm calmed down (a little) about the repeated errors, I see that both Automaton and Apollo are right. There is still (barely) time to fix Li Nalas. But it would probably have to be done today, before the weekend when the 2nd phase starts. That would still give people a chance to adjust their event tactics to go for him, if they wanted to.
    Otherwise, players might have to spend resources on trying to get him on the chance that he will be fixed some day. And if he is fixed later, then people who didn't gamble that way would have cause to bring out the pitchforks.
    Hopefully we will get a response before the end of the business day today.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    There are least two typos in the mission texts. I'm thinking I spotted a third, but I'm drawing a blank. "Foriegn" and "aprehend" are the two I'm sure of.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Silence on Li Nalas traits. I figured if WRG didn't address the issue when Automaton first brought it up, it wouldn't be addressed once his event started.
  • Options

I'm not saying it is Shan's fault. It obviously isn't. So Shan, I'm not upset with you.

I am saying that it is the fault of the QA system, (if you can even call it that at this point), which it seems is regularly being "looked into" so it can be "improved;" a system which doesn't seem to have someone double checking the information we as players get, double checking traits ("costumed, not costumed" Brother Rom, with "costume" items in his initial build), etc.

I shouldn't have to come up with ideas to help their communication work more smoothly. But I'm feeling like I have to, because it seems like week after week, we are having similar issues. And it is frustrating me to be on the receiving end of these issues.

Can't remember if it is this thread or another one addressing a problem {Which is bad there is more than one even active at a time} but apparently WRG is running ads to hire a QA person.....
    Silence on Li Nalas traits. I figured if WRG didn't address the issue when Automaton first brought it up, it wouldn't be addressed once his event started.

If it was about removing a Trait, would have happened minutes after brought up.......
  • Options

Can't remember if it is this thread or another one addressing a problem {Which is bad there is more than one even active at a time} but apparently WRG is running ads to hire a QA person.....

If it was about removing a Trait, would have happened minutes after brought up.......

I shared the link for the QA position earlier in this thread. I don't know if it was elsewhere by WRG. Should I apply? :wink:
    And if you think that a Trait would be removed very quickly after it was mentioned by someone, well, um, you have a good memory...
  • Options

I shared the link for the QA position earlier in this thread. I don't know if it was elsewhere by WRG. Should I apply? :wink:
    And if you think that a Trait would be removed very quickly after it was mentioned by someone, well, um, you have a good memory...

My memory is often bad. But Rom got Nerfed like a week or two ago. Even though from the name of some of his stuff he was clearly intended to be "Costumed"......
  • Options
    Oh, and if anyone thinks my expressing concerns is about not doing well on this event because I used my weaker kickstarter instead of my more powerful one, I'm still at rank 1375, even without really trying. I've been writing on the principle of expecting a company I'm supporting with my $$$ to put out a quality product.
  • Options
    It is frustrating that no one from WRG responded about Li Nalas’ missing traits.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Typos: Foreign uninhabited
    u16wyvghqexc.png
    @Shan
  • Options
    It is frustrating that no one from WRG responded about Li Nalas’ missing traits.

Are you (and is anyone) surprised?
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    ACE wrote: »
    Typos: Foreign uninhabited
    u16wyvghqexc.png

Thanks! I knew I'd seen a third one somewhere. Nice to know I'm not losing my mind. Now where did I put that.

Edit: I found a fourth.
    trvxyvl2t0br.jpg
    The computer didn't catch "comptuer".
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now we see why WRG didn’t add cultural figure trait to Li Nalas even though he is more a cultural figure than just about any other in the game. WRG didn’t want to have him in the new collection. Very lame. Gonna cost them a bunch of pack sales of the event pack as well. Would have been nice to have seen a trait added after others keep being taken away.

Yep. Disappointing. With the extra trait, Li Nalas would have been close to the top of my cite list given where I am with the collection. Now he's sitting way behind other crew.