Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread Faction/Galaxy Event: Looted Boxes - 2021-11-11

124»

Comments

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now we see why WRG didn’t add cultural figure trait to Li Nalas even though he is more a cultural figure than just about any other in the game. WRG didn’t want to have him in the new collection. Very lame. Gonna cost them a bunch of pack sales of the event pack as well. Would have been nice to have seen a trait added after others keep being taken away.

The little dig at the player base in the closing text didn't go over my head either 'we can sell these boxes at whatever price we like and they don't even know what they're getting out of them.' :rolleyes:

What I read was "the event goes live at 10am, don't log in before because you might get screwed if you do your dailies early." Encouraging users not to engage with the game is certainly an interesting choice.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The feedback for Li Nalas trait was forwarded, unfortunately due to recent changes in cadence and organization this is not something we have been able to address yet and I do not know if/when we will be able to.

Dealing with traits is something we need to reassess and I hope we will be able to do that soon - the dedicated trait audit thread will come in very handy when the time comes, thank you for creating it and maintaining it.

• Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    The feedback for Li Nalas trait was forwarded, unfortunately due to recent changes in cadence and organization this is not something we have been able to address yet and I do not know if/when we will be able to.

Dealing with traits is something we need to reassess and I hope we will be able to do that soon - the dedicated trait audit thread will come in very handy when the time comes, thank you for creating it and maintaining it.

As always, thank you for the update Shan.

I have no Targ in this hunt at the moment, but I genuinely understand the concerns that folks who have already acquired him have about this particular trait for this particular character.

I hope you can pass on the genuine frustration of those players and convince the team to work something out. 🖖
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe a repeat mega would be a good idea while the cadence gets worked out. So many issues of late. Very frustrating for a lot of players.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sky Cap wrote: »

My universal translator doesn’t seem to understand corporate doublespeak. What does “changes in cadence” refer to?

Means a new sheriff is in town and is putting their stamp on things. (Aka the new boss is wondering why things are being done the way they were done before)
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

I would simply ask that whoever makes the decision on traits rewatches the Li Nalas episodes. Him being a cultural figure was a central storyline. Kira risked her career and life to rescue him because she believed so much in the legend of him and that only he could fix Bajor. She tells Chief O’Brien as they start their rescue mission, “ This mission can end only one of two ways. Either we bring back Li Nalas or we don't come back at all.” Four Bajoran prisoners stayed behind so that Li Nalas could be rescued saying “ Just get him back safely. That's all that counts.” When Li Nalas gets to DS9 he is surrounded by a huge crowd of Bajorans determined to be near him. Li Nalas was to go to Bajor and help there but evil minister Jaro was so scared of Li Nalas cultural figure status that he got Li Nalas off the planet to DS9 fearing that Li Nalas on Bajor would stop Karl’s takeover. Li Nalas shied away from his reputation but Sisko convinced him to use it to help Bajor. Li Nalas convinced the Bajoran general who took over the station to stop his occupation.

There are many times in the two episodes where Li Nalas is described in terms that would describe a cultural figure. There are many quotes I could add. Many more quotes that Automaton provided. I hope this is remedied by WRG because Cultural Figure is at the core of his character and it was his whole central storyline. We won’t get another Li Nalas so this one has to count. It has to be right.

Might be a prisoner version of Li Nalas (with torn clothes and all). That does seem unlikely though.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    DCPilot wrote: »

You told us recently that a new process was put into place to make sure cards were created properly. Since then you have told us that cards that debuted with mistakes were created before the new process was put into place, implying that cards created after the new process was in place would be better with fewer errors. No one expects every card to be perfect every time. However, if a card comes out of the new process flawed, and you are unable to tell us if the flaw will be corrected, much less when it will be, then what is the point of the new process?

I will add that WRG removed the Costumed trait from Brother Rom with quickness, and that was a trait that lined up with the character's build (his clothing was literally labeled Rom's Costume). If you can fix that immediately, why is the answer to Li Nalas's issue "I do not know if/when we will be able to?"

Because Shan is not part of the crew that takes those decisions. She communicates the info she receive.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    DCPilot wrote: »

You told us recently that a new process was put into place to make sure cards were created properly. Since then you have told us that cards that debuted with mistakes were created before the new process was put into place, implying that cards created after the new process was in place would be better with fewer errors. No one expects every card to be perfect every time. However, if a card comes out of the new process flawed, and you are unable to tell us if the flaw will be corrected, much less when it will be, then what is the point of the new process?

I will add that WRG removed the Costumed trait from Brother Rom with quickness, and that was a trait that lined up with the character's build (his clothing was literally labeled Rom's Costume). If you can fix that immediately, why is the answer to Li Nalas's issue "I do not know if/when we will be able to?"

Far too often it seems like we’re the beta testers and that many of us spend more time thinking about/playing than the folks that run the game.

It is bewildering to me that TP is seemingly willing to change things that devalue the cards they release, but struggles mightily to improve their cards (even in obvious cases like this one).
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNBeelzebub has not been kind.

I just bought four packs in a misguided last attempt to get Chuft Captain and all I got were four useless female human four stars in a row.

This is how I feel…

bzymrzotqw11.jpeg
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Li Nalas was stealth nerfed. SEC min proficiency has gone from 296 to 260. Voy rank 32 -> 43. Players and player resources will want to update their sheets.

Also DaiMon Solok slightly buffed CMD prof (214-467) to (220-481). Voy rank 262 -> 250.

CHANGELOG!
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Buffing and nerfing crew shortly after release is starting to feel more like a feature than a bug in this new system they've put in place.

Is it so wrong for me to Want the Right Game info from WRG?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffing and nerfing crew shortly after release is starting to feel more like a feature than a bug in this new system they've put in place.

I've already gotten to the point that I call new bugs in another game "Features". Bummed that this game might be on course for that.....
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭

I've already gotten to the point that I call new bugs in another game "Features". Bummed that this game might be on course for that.....

There are some of us who have the impression we've been at this point in this game, already...
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer from Shan in this thread in engineering, FYI: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/18753/li-nalas-stat-change
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stats change was the consequence of a bug fix for one of Li Nalas items.
    That fix will be reassessed so as to be less impactful on stats.

Thanks for the heads up, Selene, easy to miss. I assume this means they're going to try to return his stats to what they were at release? Will this also affect DaiMon Solok?