Home The Bridge
Options

Event discussion thread: Galaxy Event - Leisure Time (rerun) - 2021-11-25

Comments

• Options
    I'm very excited about the upcoming Mega!
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The announcement doesn't mention variants of Scotty having a small bonus, since Claymore Scotty is event crew proper. Can we get a yay or nay on them?

It is showing in the Event Help Tab. Must have gotten missed in the announcement. I am not judging. Just observing. I drop words from stuff I type all the time ,and have to go back and fix it.

z1bqtgdcgio8.jpg

NOTE: I literally dropped the words "drop words" from my post, but caught it proofreading!

Ah, but you actually did proofreading!!!

Mainly because I have fat fingers and typo at 100 words a minute!

But, they really need someone to check stuff before they send it to Shan to post.

I am the one who writes, proofread and post. And yes, I got distracted and missed Scotty as a variant, this has now been corrected.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    The announcement doesn't mention variants of Scotty having a small bonus, since Claymore Scotty is event crew proper. Can we get a yay or nay on them?

It is showing in the Event Help Tab. Must have gotten missed in the announcement. I am not judging. Just observing. I drop words from stuff I type all the time ,and have to go back and fix it.

z1bqtgdcgio8.jpg

NOTE: I literally dropped the words "drop words" from my post, but caught it proofreading!

Ah, but you actually did proofreading!!!

Mainly because I have fat fingers and typo at 100 words a minute!

But, they really need someone to check stuff before they send it to Shan to post.

I am the one who writes, proofread and post. And yes, I got distracted and missed Scotty as a variant, this has now been corrected.

As I said, no judgement from me! I spend more time fixing typos than writing a sentence often!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    So, I am wondering how you are all coming up with this Kira has "Good" stats, when we have had quite a few purples come close to these stats lately? (I am talking about base skill stats, not proficiencies.)

I saw her base stats in the events rewards, and thought she WAS a purple for a minute. I guess this is based on the stealth nerf last week, they are playing it safe now? I really wanted this Kira until I saw that she wouldn't be useful to me...probably ever, as by the time I leveled her to 5/5 in a year she would be obsolete.

I hate galaxy events anyway, but I was ready to dump all my chrons for this card, until I saw the stats.

Leaving Gauntlet out of this equation, Change my mind...?
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I am wondering how you are all coming up with this Kira has "Good" stats, when we have had quite a few purples come close to these stats lately? (I am talking about base skill stats, not proficiencies.)

I saw her base stats in the events rewards, and thought she WAS a purple for a minute. I guess this is based on the stealth nerf last week, they are playing it safe now? I really wanted this Kira until I saw that she wouldn't be useful to me...probably ever, as by the time I leveled her to 5/5 in a year she would be obsolete.

I hate galaxy events anyway, but I was ready to dump all my chrons for this card, until I saw the stats.

Leaving Gauntlet out of this equation, Change my mind...?
    Convince you a character's good, while ignoring the major focus of that character? I'll pass. If gauntlet is meaningless to you, that's fine. Don't bother with this crew. But you're completely dismissing the proficiencies, and it's the combined scores that make her genuinely useful for voyages (#10 for her skillset, #35 overall). She'd be a lot better at both gauntlet and voyages if she had a decent selection of traits, but we know by now, WRG don't want us to have nice things. Even so, her numbers alone make her genuinely competitive. If you can't see that, I really wonder what your priorities are.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus, this Kira *should* be Gauntlet heavy, so we ought to expect that. That was the whole point of this version of her. The Prophets and Pah-Wraiths were basically settling their Armageddon by using corporeals in a cockfight. Kira Nerys, we choose you.
    We need a similar Jake, A reluctant archaeologist Dax (One of my favorite recurring bits in the ep), saboteur Winn, and maybe the Ranjen from the dig.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the big question is what will happen with her traits. Feels like we are up in the air on that so hard to know how hard to go to get her or whether I should buy packs.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll break it down here, but saying leave one of the best parts of a card out of the equation doesn't make a lot of sense. "Voyages aside, why do people think Braxton is any good?" Shoehorning this kind of card into a shuttle role only would be like using a hammer to tighten a lugnut.

Kira is also clearly superior to the best super rare crew by base alone. Looking at event shuttle success rates, she owns a ~94% success rate with her primary and ~92.5% success rate with her secondary.

Dude, you sound like the perfect addition for my podcast...

I dunno, I've listened to all the podcasts and you've already got that one dude who was in the pool on vacation and he sounds just like this guy.
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we have clarification on the order of Kira's skills? The Description tab shows cmd primary, dip secondary, and sec tertiary. However if you look on the Full Stats tab, they're reordered to sec/cmd/dip. Which is correct?
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    Can we have clarification on the order of Kira's skills? The Description tab shows cmd primary, dip secondary, and sec tertiary. However if you look on the Full Stats tab, they're reordered to sec/cmd/dip. Which is correct?

Both are correct. At level one, the stats in the Description tab are correct. At level 100, the stats in the Full Stats tab are correct. There are many crew that swap skill order between level 1 and level 100 like Captain La Forge or Vice Admiral Janeway.
  • Options
    Just looked at who will be providing boosts for this event (Im long past having to unthaw 4*s but I check anyway).

Who is J O'brien?
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is J O'brien?
    It's short for Jebediah Obadiah Zachariah Jedediah Springfield O'Brien. It's a Simpsons joke.

I know, I appreciate them too.
  • Options
    Am I the only one that is amused by Scotty's disdain for golf? Golf originated in Scotland. St. Andrew's is a world-class golf course and one of the top grasses used for putting greens is Highland Bent.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Speaking of traits, why does Tee Time Doctor have the "Human" trait?
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Just looked at who will be providing boosts for this event (Im long past having to unthaw 4*s but I check anyway).

Who is J O'brien?

Somebody mentions being unable to buy the legendary track in the campaign - Shan replies within minutes.

Somebody asks about the Event bonus cards - nothing.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭

Who is J O'brien?

Somebody mentions being unable to buy the legendary track in the campaign - Shan replies within minutes.

I'd guess having a day off has that effect.
  • Options

Who is J O'brien?

Who had a day off? Shan? She posted in the teaser thread to say comments had been removed. And even if she did have a day off, is she the only employee? If I have a day off from my job, someone fills in for me. Because I work in a 24/7 operation and cannot physically be there all the time. If this is how a global game business is structured, that is very worrying.
  • Options
    She had Thursday off for the US holiday and then back to work on Friday
  • Options
    I didn't realise there had been a US holiday. Apologies. So the game is just on auto during Bank Holidays? 😬
  • Options
    We had our annual Thanksgiving Day celebration Thursday and some businesses are closed or limited on Friday. Major retailers have major sales on Friday to kick off the Christmas shopping season, but most small businesses have theirs today. That should be our last holiday before Christmas.
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of traits, why does Tee Time Doctor have the "Human" trait?

They used to be inconsistent, but part of the big trait audit early in the year was adding a racial trait to holograms based on their appearance. The only holograms of humans who don't currently have the human trait (afaik) are Beowulf EMH and Little Boy Blue Wesley who debuted with it and then had it (mistakenly) removed when they added Prodigy and Explorer.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭

Who is J O'brien?

Who had a day off? Shan? She posted in the teaser thread to say comments had been removed. And even if she did have a day off, is she the only employee? If I have a day off from my job, someone fills in for me. Because I work in a 24/7 operation and cannot physically be there all the time. If this is how a global game business is structured, that is very worrying.

This is how most business works. I'm glad that someone fills in when you are away.
    But mostly, this is isn't the case.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peets wrote: »

Who is J O'brien?

This is how most business works. I'm glad that someone fills in when you are away.
    But mostly, this is isn't the case.

At least in the US. There’s probably 1-2 people working at most times for emergencies and customer support is largely outsourced, so they have coverage there too.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I didn't intend this to turn into a critique of TPs working practices or business model. Nor was I suggesting Shan should be on hand 24/7. But the event is eight hours from end and we still haven't discovered who 'J. O'BRIEN ' is.