Home The Bridge
Options

Event discussion thread: Galaxy Event - Leisure Time (rerun) - 2021-11-25

Comments

• Options
    Having a gauntlet heavy crew as ranked legendary is not the smartest move(business wise), imho. Why should ppl buy packs for more stars?
    1/5 is totally enough for gauntlet. 🤗

9498swfwcpy4.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Let’s not go down the taking traits away route again. All she needs is to have a couple traits added from prophet, duelist and cultural figure. WRG can choose. If you say she has traits she shouldn’t have all we will get is those traits taken away.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having a gauntlet heavy crew as ranked legendary is not the smartest move(business wise), imho. Why should ppl buy packs for more stars?

9498swfwcpy4.jpeg

She's not a half-bad voyager, plus Kira is a reliable event horse. Also, Kira is main-cast and well-liked. That's why.
  • Options
    Time to speculate on the mega trait based on Kira! Could be any one of her traits, OR none of them!
  • Options

9498swfwcpy4.jpeg

Do her traits show up in the gauntlet? There are other options for CMD/SEC who often get a 45% crit chance (Balok even gets 65%) so I don't expect her to be very useful. But as Jenos said, she should be a decent voyager.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    The announcement doesn't mention variants of Scotty having a small bonus, since Claymore Scotty is event crew proper. Can we get a yay or nay on them?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Let’s not go down the taking traits away route again. All she needs is to have a couple traits added from prophet, duelist and cultural figure. WRG can choose. If you say she has traits she shouldn’t have all we will get is those traits taken away.

This. Most likely result? They remove the two "error" Traits and add nothing of the missing Traits......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

She really shouldn't have Starfleet and Federation. Meta-commentary aside that's just plain wrong, Bajor was not in the Federation and Kira was not a member of Starfleet...

I am tired of traits being removed after forum removal suggestions and no traits being added from trait addition suggestions. I find it in no way helpful to the players to advocate the removal of any trait whether some deem it wrong or not when every trait removed takes away value from the card. If they are not going to get ones added I don’t want to see any taken away. I am very frustrated with the trait nerfing we keep getting and I am tired of players contributing to it. The new trait process we were promised clearly isn’t working. I am just trying to get good crew and finish collections. Every step forward WRG takes me two steps back.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DragenDragen ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    I’ve also been looking forward to this crew because I like the episode. Starfleet Kira is not from that episode. Therefore the trait makes her less valuable.

And, yes, the same applies to her not being prophet
  • Options
    The wrong traits also make her substantially less valuable as a constellation when she reaches the portal. I would agree that she is less valuable for having traits she shouldn't have. There's a decent chance she will have something added (certainly prophet seems to require little debate given the name of the card and the established meaning of the trait) - see Captain Burnham and Blue Boy Wesley off the top of my head.
  • Options
    The wrong traits also make her substantially less valuable as a constellation when she reaches the portal. I would agree that she is less valuable for having traits she shouldn't have. There's a decent chance she will have something added (certainly prophet seems to require little debate given the name of the card and the established meaning of the trait) - see Captain Burnham and Blue Boy Wesley off the top of my head.

This is a fantastic point about the value of her eventual constellation.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to speculate on the mega trait based on Kira! Could be any one of her traits, OR none of them!
    I don't think it will be Federation nor Starfleet. Bajoran neither... so that leaves 2...
  • Options
    The announcement doesn't mention variants of Scotty having a small bonus, since Claymore Scotty is event crew proper. Can we get a yay or nay on them?

It is showing in the Event Help Tab. Must have gotten missed in the announcement. I am not judging. Just observing. I drop words from stuff I type all the time ,and have to go back and fix it.

z1bqtgdcgio8.jpg

NOTE: I literally dropped the words "drop words" from my post, but caught it proofreading!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭

It is showing in the Event Help Tab. Must have gotten missed in the announcement. I am not judging. Just observing. I drop words from stuff I type all the time ,and have to go back and fix it.

z1bqtgdcgio8.jpg

NOTE: I literally dropped the words "drop words" from my post, but caught it proofreading!

Ah, but you actually did proofreading!!!
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    The Starfleet trait on Prophet Kira highlights how absolutely embarrassing the lack of QA has become. I appreciate that the people who work on this game haven't seen every single episode of every single series, but I'd like to think someone has watched some episodes. Most weeks, I watch the episode that inspired whatever new characters are being added to the game - is it unreasonable to expect that the company might pay one of their employees to spend 45 minutes doing the same?

Kira not being part of Starfleet is integral to the character from her introduction, let alone the fact that her bio on Memory Alpha starts with "Kira Nerys was a major, later colonel, in the Bajoran Militia". The fact that the art for this version clearly features her wearing a non-Starfleet uniform is just the cherry on top.

In 2 weeks, the event will feature an new 5* Luke Skywalker......

Will he come with a red lightsaber?
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    The Starfleet trait on Prophet Kira highlights how absolutely embarrassing the lack of QA has become. I appreciate that the people who work on this game haven't seen every single episode of every single series, but I'd like to think someone has watched some episodes. Most weeks, I watch the episode that inspired whatever new characters are being added to the game - is it unreasonable to expect that the company might pay one of their employees to spend 45 minutes doing the same?

Kira not being part of Starfleet is integral to the character from her introduction, let alone the fact that her bio on Memory Alpha starts with "Kira Nerys was a major, later colonel, in the Bajoran Militia". The fact that the art for this version clearly features her wearing a non-Starfleet uniform is just the cherry on top.

How could a company's revised, revamped, rigorous trait QA system miss this?
  • Options

z1bqtgdcgio8.jpg

Mainly because I have fat fingers and typo at 100 words a minute!

But, they really need someone to check stuff before they send it to Shan to post.
  • Options

z1bqtgdcgio8.jpg

typo at 100 words a minute!

Love it!
  • Options
    Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    Galaxy events are such a chroniton drain :/ I've been stopping at 130K lately, but this event I'll want to hit 400k for Scotty. It feels like it's been a while since a rerun was a galaxy.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.