Home The Bridge
Options

Objective Event Beta 2 - Prepare for Galaxy Event - Feedback thread

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
Please add your feedback to this thread, thank you!

Details about the event have been announced via communique, as the announce phase is currently given us a bit of trouble.

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please keep in mind that there should not be written announcement for these type of events in the future :)

The goal is to have them announced in the event hub, which will have all the information that you will need.
  • Options
    I presume that by saying that the OE will only be visible shortly before it goes live that you *don't* mean that after the event begins it will no longer be visible to anyone who doesn't immediately select it? The explanation provided is somewhat ambiguous on this matter.
    Account on it's final tour, soon to be retired!
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm reading between the lines* correctly, we're getting a new Rare card! :) That'd be the first one since George and Gracie.

* - that should be treated as rank speculation on my part. I'm definitely not in the know.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    If I'm reading between the lines* correctly, we're getting a new Rare card! :) That'd be the first one since George and Gracie.

* - that should be treated as rank speculation on my part. I'm definitely not in the know.

My rank speculation is that its an existing super-rare. The second objective is to "fuse 3 times", which implies a total of 4 stars.

It could be a four stars on a legendary, but I very much doubt that.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

My rank speculation is that its an existing super-rare. The second objective is to "fuse 3 times", which implies a total of 4 stars.

It could be a four stars on a legendary, but I very much doubt that.

I hope it's a new SR crew. I don't want to have to fuse and level an existing crew. I currently don't even have a crew to fuse. So if we're not being awarded a crew I'll have to go buy credit packs just to dupe a 2* to fuse.
  • Options
    Locked prerequisites again? **grumbles nasty things in Klingon**
    At least they are only Ship Battles and Away Missions, and not time based ones like the last beta with Gauntlet and Shuttles.
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx for the „advanced“ notice, would have loved to know about
    BEFORE i immortalized my Ancient Human today. ;)

I really don t understand why it is necessary to squeeze in another Objective Event, on such short notice and duration, while another is already up and running?

I am glad they have done this….something else to do. Many people have been complaining about the lack activity and having weekly Objective Events (if that is what they are planning) goes some way to address this.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

I really don t understand why it is necessary to squeeze in another Objective Event, on such short notice and duration, while another is already up and running?

I am glad they have done this….something else to do. Many people have been complaining about the lack activity and having weekly Objective Events (if that is what they are planning) goes some way to address this.

Yeah, so thrilling. 😴

People have mainly asked to give their plenty unused crew in their roster something additional to do(like new events that are in need of crew and so on). Having „127“ Objectives Events running at the same time, adds zero to it.

Now if you had objective events requiring the use of variants for success, that might help. Think shuttles of Picards, Rikers, Janeways, or Datas.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »

Yeah, so thrilling. 😴

People have mainly asked to give their plenty unused crew in their roster something additional to do(like new events that are in need of crew and so on). Having „127“ Objectives Events running at the same time, adds zero to it.

Now if you had objective events requiring the use of variants for success, that might help. Think shuttles of Picards, Rikers, Janeways, or Datas.

Or a specific series, trait, or rarity. Imagine them limited to a certain class, like the cadets. That could make for interesting strategy.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope we have enough advance warning if it's going to impact Fed Shuttles.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    No crew in the rewards. Guess I need to buy packs just to get crew to fuse. This is not fun.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    No crew in the rewards. Guess I need to buy packs just to get crew to fuse. This is not fun.

And then needing to level a 1* or 2/2 dupe just for the immortalization objective.
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    Well, the whole Level/Fuse & Immortalize section gives trainers and chronitons. So if you have a stockpile of those, that might not be worth the time/effort/resources.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Well, I just finished my dailies but I got this. 6 cadets chalenges done but shows 0 done. Considering duration I can’t finish it now

i8bsuz4vt1eo.png
    unuw9eafxtx7.png
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Shan wrote: »
    Please add your feedback to this thread, thank you!

Details about the event have been announced via communique, as the announce phase is currently given us a bit of trouble.

I appreciate the breakdown of how the different things are locked/concurrent. Clearly feedback was more than taken to heart. Thank you!
    Please keep in mind that there should not be written announcement for these type of events in the future :)

The goal is to have them announced in the event hub, which will have all the information that you will need.

Never mind.........

Immortalize done when Voyage gets back in about an hour and a half or so.

y09xq1nvy64z.png

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Not sure how I'm supposed to fuse three times when I spent all my honour last week. :roll:

ETA The rewards are so lame I take back my comment. Really not worth the hassle.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    'Immortalise a crew'

I'm now left with the choice of creating a dupe - something I have never wanted to do - or missing out on 10 trainers, 10 replicator rations and 300 chronitons. :lol:

ETA. And also miss out on a supply kit
  • Options
    The announcement for this came out 4 hours, 51 minutes after the event. The airlock timer is 4 hours. If someone were the suspicious sort, they might say that it was done on purpose to force players to open packs to have crew to fuse instead of using the ranked reward super rare.

We should be mulling spending extra resources (boosts/dil/chrons) to get great rewards, not skipping objectives because the rewards are worth less than what it takes to get them.

+1 on these two things

• Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    When I looked at the game this morning, it was still loaded from last night. The new objective event had not appeared. I had to quit, and reload the game to see it.

If I had started doing my dailies, especially the cadets, it would have caused problems. @HaBlack above appears to have had this problem.

The title does not read properly. "Prepare for Galaxy Event." The first objective was "Prepare for a Faction Event."

"Fuse 3 crew".
    This is troublesome. It is not something we do every day.
    It says "Fuse 3 crew." does this mean three separate crew, or can the same crew be fused 3 times, in that case it should say "Fuse crew 3 times."

I normally fuse crew as, and when I get them. I rarely leave unfused crew in my roster, the only exception is sometimes crew like the Duras cards.
    I have a 3/4 coffee janeway, and a 1/4 Paris. With one of my 4* cites I could manage the three fuses, but I have to ask whether its worth it for the rewards.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    The lesson from this is I need to hoard even harder than I hoarded before. I regret spending Honour last week to get Captain Tribble and I regret using the four citations to Immortalise him. In fact, I plan on dailies only from now on, just in case.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I looked at the game this morning, it was still loaded from last night. The new objective event had not appeared. I had to quit, and reload the game to see it.

If I had started doing my dailies, especially the cadets, it would have caused problems. @HaBlack above appears to have had this problem.

The title does not read properly. "Prepare for Faction Event." The first objective was "Prepare for a Faction Event."

"Fuse 3 crew".
    This is troublesome. It is not something we do every day.
    It says "Fuse 3 crew." does this mean three separate crew, or can the same crew be fused 3 times, in that case it should say "Fuse crew 3 times."

I normally fuse crew as, and when I get them. I rarely leave unfused crew in my roster, the only exception is sometimes crew like the Duras cards.
    I have a 3/4 coffee janeway, and a 1/4 Paris. With one of my 4* cites I could manage the three fuses, but I have to ask whether its worth it for the rewards.

You are probably right, For me Objective wasn't working because game remained acive in background from last night. But that is also a problem because of this:

So now we are obligated to quit the game forcibly on phone and restart it every day just to be sure that events and objectives are loaded to be visible.

For a game that has so many acive timers and dailies work fine, this is just plain stupid.

PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

And this situation is why speculation/assumptions are bad... :D

Anyways, I'm really having a hard time understanding the point of this OE for the players. If they had thrown out a new crew, it could have given us all something. But as had been stated above, the rewards are lackluster at best (ex: I don't think stem bolts are even used in Supply events). And yeah, that fusing and immortalization have hit my credits harder than they should have (I'm fine them, it's just annoying; but I feel for the players who aren't as flush as I am). This could have been thought out a lot better.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)