Home The Bridge
Options

Objective Event Beta 2 - Prepare for Galaxy Event - Feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    I plan to complete the Immortalization objective via Crew Retrieval. My quantum recharged right today. :smile:
    I have some 4/5 L100 characters who can be easily finished this way. And they could improve some of my voyages too.
  • Options
    HaBlack wrote: »
    So now we are obligated to quit the game forcibly on phone and restart it every day just to be sure that events and objectives are loaded to be visible.

For a game that has so many acive timers and dailies work fine, this is just plain stupid.

I think you have hit on something there. I think they want us to quit the game more often so that we get their offer popups. I have noticed that ad doubles don't work properly anymore unless you log out. It's like they're forcing us to quit game and restart.

• Options
    I saw the new OE this morning, but when I went it popped up the Fed shuttle event from the other OE. When I closed that, no objectives were visible at all. I tried going in a couple times and got the same thing. I eventually had to force quit the game, then the new OE came up correctly.
  • Options
    SILIKSILIK ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I haven't seen anyone else mention this yet regarding the fusion objective, so thought I'd share. Depending where you are in the other objective event, you may or may not have a Burnham to fuse. Also, for those that do the campaign, you may be close to another copy of Tilly and/or Sahil you can fuse. I know for me, I'll reach level 60 in the campaign tomorrow to get another Tilly for the fusion requirement. My Sahil is already fully fused, though. Just wanted to pass along another fusion option people may not be thinking of.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    This OE caters to my playing style well. I always have a ton of crew slowly creeping up and a handful that I'm pushing up, so the leveling is fairly easy. I hit my 4* on Vashti Picard today, so that is one fusion. I think I can actually manage it fairly easy.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    This really just feels like an attempt to make us play constantly, meaning 7 days a week. They want us to spend resources during the 3 days we would normally take a break after each normal event, either because we are burnt out from the event or because we need to gather resources for the next upcoming event. It really seems to just be more "busy work." That is the most generous version I can come up with. The worst version was already said by someone else: they want us to spend honor/resources ahead of sales, and/or get us to buy more packs because of FOMO or completionism. Overall, this "event" design is terrible for casual players, and potentially exploitative of hardcore players.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Conceptually, it looks fine. The announcement timing was unfortunate, but that’ll get cleaned up for next time. Most of the tasks are reasonable for a 48hr window. But...

Fusing? I agree that there are pack-buying solutions to this one, but if someone is trying to save resources (credits, merits, whatever), this is a tough goal. Fusing the 4*/5* crew from the prior event only works for those that rank high enough for multiple copies, so even that is not a great solution for most. (And now we have another reason to lament the removal of 3* crew from the rank rewards.) Maybe this goal could be dialed down to “fuse 1 crew” in the future? At least that might make fishing for matched 2* crew from credit/merit packs a more feasible thing to do.

Immortalization? Ah... just no. For those that keep their crew at level 99, I guess this would work, but most of us (I believe) proceed to immortalization right away once we get fully-fused. The citation-stashers among us could use those, but that seems to undo whatever long-term goals they had for stashing the cites in the first place. I personally only have dups of 4* and 5* cards - even though the game doesn’t really track that, I always considered it a personal achievement because of the difficulty involved. I don’t want to start making dups of 1*/2* crew (‘cause who cares?) while costing myself a lot of credits along the way. The only way I’ll likely ever complete this requirement will be from random 4* voyage crew, unexpected pack beholds, etc. during the OE window (ie, very rarely).
  • Options
    As for the fusing/immortalizing objective (and if you haven't found out yourself so far): This is easily achieved by merit-pulling a few times. That will give you duplicate 2*s in no time. Just fuse them and if you don't intend to immortalize someone else, take one of those.
    Interested in being part of the TLA fun?
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I popped a couple more packs and added a 3* to Martinez and a 2* to Zheng He Riker, plus picked up two new 5*s. The fuse requirement is done. I'm back to my leveling. I need to do it anyway.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

EnderW wrote: »
    EnderW wrote: »
    If I'm reading between the lines* correctly, we're getting a new Rare card! :) That'd be the first one since George and Gracie.

* - that should be treated as rank speculation on my part. I'm definitely not in the know.

And this situation is why speculation/assumptions are bad... :D

Anyways, I'm really having a hard time understanding the point of this OE for the players. If they had thrown out a new crew, it could have given us all something. But as had been stated above, the rewards are lackluster at best (ex: I don't think stem bolts are even used in Supply events). And yeah, that fusing and immortalization have hit my credits harder than they should have (I'm fine them, it's just annoying; but I feel for the players who aren't as flush as I am). This could have been thought out a lot better.

'isshka Rules" or something. That is the place to farm them. Pretty sure have had to farm in Galaxy Events. Like, 97% sure? Maybe 87%? I think we use them for an Item, maybe?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    All the fuse and immortalize rewards, I'm tempted to think WRG is planning to have an honor sale soon and they're hoping to get players to spend down some honor now in advance. But in reality that kind of planning and coordination seems too complex for anything we've seen from them. So it's likely just poor planning.

gf4p9xgjtjyv.gif
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    I shouldn't be surprised by all the complaining here. My only complaint would be that you will probably need to spend the same amount of chronitons that you would win to complete these. Galaxies are a huge chroniton drain and an objective event with this name should instead help with chronitons, not leave me at the same level.

Otherwise, the objectives are all very easy to complete. I've leveled several crew to do the 90-level objective. Had it required a single crew, I would complain. The fusion is easy and if you don't have anyone, a few credit pulls should get you a few uncommons to fuse. The rest are easily completable by doing dailies. In my case, I've dwindled down and frozen 60 fully-fused crew down to 20 or so over the past year, so I'm doing all these objectives anyways.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • Options
    Bound2Fate wrote: »
    I shouldn't be surprised by all the complaining here. My only complaint would be that you will probably need to spend the same amount of chronitons that you would win to complete these. Galaxies are a huge chroniton drain and an objective event with this name should instead help with chronitons, not leave me at the same level.

Otherwise, the objectives are all very easy to complete. I've leveled several crew to do the 90-level objective. Had it required a single crew, I would complain. The fusion is easy and if you don't have anyone, a few credit pulls should get you a few uncommons to fuse. The rest are easily completable by doing dailies. In my case, I've dwindled down and frozen 60 fully-fused crew down to 20 or so over the past year, so I'm doing all these objectives anyways.

You definitely should not be surprised. This Objective Event was poorly released. The complaints are quite legitimate.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird Bound went to a forum thread to complain and then complains about complaints. Well I guess mission accomplished.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those that keep their crew at level 99, I guess this would work,

you rang? o:)
  • Options
    Having looked at it more closely, my feedback would be that it's not a good idea to have the 40 away and ship missions locked by the 10 cadets. You can't complete 10 cadets until tomorrow, so you have to do all 40 of each tomorrow, whereas most of us probably do 20/day for the dailies anyway. As someone else pointed out, for an event that's supposed to "prepare" us for the Galaxy event, it's a bit of a drain on chronitons. I'm hoping that all of the item rewards will at least be used in the upcoming event.

Maybe I'll be able to fuse 3 crew tomorrow once the crew slot sale starts. As of now I'm sitting at 5 crew over my limit.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having looked at it more closely, my feedback would be that it's not a good idea to have the 40 away and ship missions locked by the 10 cadets. You can't complete 10 cadets until tomorrow, so you have to do all 40 of each tomorrow, whereas most of us probably do 20/day for the dailies anyway.
    You can do 10 per day with ad boosts, I'm currently on 9 and #10 is due in about an hour. I routinely do 10 per day when the rewards are worth it, sometimes 11, but not normally on Tuesday because I just don't need any more trainers.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Well, I just finished my dailies but I got this. 6 cadets chalenges done but shows 0 done. Considering duration I can’t finish it now

i8bsuz4vt1eo.png
    unuw9eafxtx7.png

Contact support. There is no way that you should not have gotten the 6 cadet missions you did today. The event started on cadet mission refresh. They are fairly quick with response, so keep a watch for their response.

Edit: I deleted my first post when I realized I was wrong. My first post I did not realize the event started with cadet mission reset.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    This OE caters to my playing style well. I always have a ton of crew slowly creeping up and a handful that I'm pushing up, so the leveling is fairly easy. I hit my 4* on Vashti Picard today, so that is one fusion. I think I can actually manage it fairly easy.

Same for me. This is an easy extra chrons which I really need.
    I had one crew at 96 so I finished him.
    I opened two packs instead of my daily one pack and managed to fuse 2 x 4* and I used two of the same 3*.

Cadet is also easy. 6 normal and 3 x every 4 hour bonus. (Can't remember how it is called)
    Will have the next one tomorrow morning. The other events are easy when I start my morning chron spending from voyage. Those rewards are just what I need. (Except replicator and training. That is useless)

For me this event is awesome. Keep it coming :grin:
  • Options
    Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Weird Bound went to a forum thread to complain and then complains about complaints. Well I guess mission accomplished.

Sorry. I was aware of the irony within my words as I wrote them, but I'll try to tone down my negativity in the future. ;)
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Update regarding how we're going to announce these events going forward, as I brought this up this morning.

Objective Events that will take place on Tuesdays/Wednesdays will be announced on the Wednesday of the previous week.

While we work on resolving the Event Hub announcement system for OE, there will be a written announcement also on the Wednesday of the previous week.

To the extent you have to provide written announcements, could you also outline the rewards? It’ll help us decide how much to participate in advance.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Shan wrote: »
    Update regarding how we're going to announce these events going forward, as I brought this up this morning.

Objective Events that will take place on Tuesdays/Wednesdays will be announced on the Wednesday of the previous week.

While we work on resolving the Event Hub announcement system for OE, there will be a written announcement also on the Wednesday of the previous week.

Thank you for listening and being responsive to our feedback.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I just finished my dailies but I got this. 6 cadets chalenges done but shows 0 done. Considering duration I can’t finish it now

i8bsuz4vt1eo.png
    unuw9eafxtx7.png

Besides contacting support, you can adwarp a cadet mission every 3 hours.