Home The Bridge
Options

Objective Event Beta 2 - Prepare for Galaxy Event - Feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    If you experience an issue with progress not being taken into account please make sure to restart the game. If the issue persists submit a ticket to support and once you receive the "ticket received" confirmation, add screenshots - thank you!

A reminder also that the game is not meant to be left running in the background, whether on mobile or or pc.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    pqoruj5szo33.jpeg

I loved the art for this objective event.

I'll take the Key Art at 1366 x 768 please!

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I like Airiam, Owo, Tilly and Stammy in the back watching Katie giving Burnie the medal. <3
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    pqoruj5szo33.jpeg

I loved the art for this objective event.

It would look nice as a card too. It's probably a bit late for a random fusion card from season 1 though :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    If you experience an issue with progress not being taken into account please make sure to restart the game. If the issue persists submit a ticket to support and once you receive the "ticket received" confirmation, add screenshots - thank you!

A reminder also that the game is not meant to be left running in the background, whether on mobile or or pc.

I watched carefully, so I didn't have a problem personally, but some overall feedback, it took a little time for the event to show up and go live in the event hub. I even made sure to restart the game after midnight and I still didn't see the event. A couple minutes later it did show up. I don't know if it really launched at 12:05 or if there was some other delay with the event going live. But it wouldn't shock me if someone ran cadet missions just after midnight and they weren't counted because the event hadn't launched in the event hub yet.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    HaBlack wrote: »
    Well, I just finished my dailies but I got this. 6 cadets chalenges done but shows 0 done. Considering duration I can’t finish it now

i8bsuz4vt1eo.png
    unuw9eafxtx7.png

Besides contacting support, you can adwarp a cadet mission every 3 hours.

Actually, it’s every 4 hours. I remember this only because I do the cadet adwarps in tandem with gauntlet cycles. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loading has gotten noticeably slower since the latest updates, or possibly even going back the the addition of crew retrieval.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

It sits running in the background on my phone.

This game is designed for constant attention, voyage dilemma every two hours, shuttles every three, ad double every hour, especially cadet mission.

It can take a while to load, often a few minutes. This evening it took seven minutes to load up on my phone. When I am at work, and pull my phone out of my pocket to do my shuttles or a dilemma, I don't have that time to waste. I am not supposed to be playing games in company time, but a few seconds now and again won't be noticed. If I have to wait minutes for it to load up every time during a faction event I won't be able to compete.

I'm wondering if this whole line of discussion is another example of the staff at WRG not really understanding how the players experience the game.

Maybe at their office, they get near instant reload of the game, without having minutes-long loading. Not so for players.

And it's likely that they don't have to develop strategies to compete for events. Not so for players.

Hopefully, this conversation in this thread will be helpful to their understanding...

I'm convinced the stuck voyage issue is somehow related to connection speed/reliability and their staff can't reproduce it because it never happens while testing on their office wifi.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I really like the concept of an objective event collecting resources for a upcoming event. I'd rather see components that are more expensive to farm, but since most objectives lined up with actions I was taking anyway, it didn't feel like a bother. Granted, I did have the fourth star drop for a level 1 SR, which took out the trickiest objective and 1/3 of the next.

I think it's fine for objective events to be pretty straight forward, but I do like the extra character of the larger event. Not that it drops a character, although that's good to. Just that some of the objectives bolster the Burnham theme, like obtaining Discovery schematics, as well as running missions with it.

Edit: To clarify, I liked the components this objective event provided, especially the self-stealing stem bolts. Speaking generally, I'd prefer items that are expensive to farm, which is what we got today.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

It sits running in the background on my phone.

This game is designed for constant attention, voyage dilemma every two hours, shuttles every three, ad double every hour, especially cadet mission.

It can take a while to load, often a few minutes. This evening it took seven minutes to load up on my phone. When I am at work, and pull my phone out of my pocket to do my shuttles or a dilemma, I don't have that time to waste. I am not supposed to be playing games in company time, but a few seconds now and again won't be noticed. If I have to wait minutes for it to load up every time during a faction event I won't be able to compete.

I'm wondering if this whole line of discussion is another example of the staff at WRG not really understanding how the players experience the game.

Maybe at their office, they get near instant reload of the game, without having minutes-long loading. Not so for players.

And it's likely that they don't have to develop strategies to compete for events. Not so for players.

Hopefully, this conversation in this thread will be helpful to their understanding...

At this point, I don't even care if it is intentional or incompetence. My wallet is shutting down pretty much.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes you actually have to keep the game running so you can still benefit from the left-over event shuttles in a hybrid event when the phase has already changed to galaxy or skirmish. If you restart the app post phase change, the transmissions won't give event points anymore even if you had accepted the transmissions before the phase change.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhamel wrote: »
    Sometimes you actually have to keep the game running so you can still benefit from the left-over event shuttles in a hybrid event when the phase has already changed to galaxy or skirmish. If you restart the app post phase change, the transmissions won't give event points anymore even if you had accepted the transmissions before the phase change.

Providing you opened before the phase change they will still give you points, but correct percentages for event and bonus crew won’t display.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, did that change in the year I was gone? Do the bonuses still apply even without display? Good to know. :)
  • Options
    This event is not worth my time tbh. Idk who this is targeted for. I guess the chrons can be useful for newer people. But the trainers and replicator rations get maxed out after a couple of months. I might achieve most of these objectives by doing what I normally do so I'll take the freebies. The only ones I have to actively do is the fusing part.

I'm not complaining about them, I don't think these will be events that will please many people. People don't want "hard" or "time/resource" consuming 2 days events, understandably so. And I don't expect/fault WRG for not giving out great rewards for minimal engagement either.

Take a look at the Discovery objective event. I think 200 shuttles for a brand new gold Burnham is a great trade off, but people are complaining. It's a long month event and it should require time and effort imo.
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhamel wrote: »
    Oh, did that change in the year I was gone? Do the bonuses still apply even without display? Good to know. :)

I could be wrong, but I thought it has always been the case.
  • Options
    KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    I assume these objective events will change week to week. And while I don't have or desire a character to fuse in 2 days, maybe next week I'll have a need that matches the rewards.
    These are bonus events, so I'm not going to complain too hard about how one isn't tailored to my current gameplay.
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can the Go and Claim buttons be different colors, especially if the objectives are going to re-order to put rhe claims at the front of the list? Make Go the blue button style and leave Claim gold.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some clarification: I was not told to say that leaving the game opened in the background can cause issues, and it is not the first time that I say it either.

It is however a fact that it can cause issues, that being said I will bring your points up.

Thank you @AviTrek for providing these details about your experience, it is very useful!
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    OE #1- Yes, 200 shuttles seem like a lot, but, in a month period, that is very doable even with just 2 bays. That is excepting the six days of running other shuttles.
    I have her FE 4/5* and am running Fed shuttles as I can. I see no reason that I won't get her in the allotted time. It's a long-term goal, not instant gratification.
    OE #2- This one is a bit more pressing, with it's shorter period, but I can do it. With a little thought, most players, even newer ones should manage or come close. More seasoned players have more resources and newer ones are still working on easier crew, so that trade off should help. The answer will be on how many people that were working on it can't finish it. If most regular players that want to do it do, then it's fine. If not, then, it needs more tweaking.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some clarification: I was not told to say that leaving the game opened in the background can cause issues, and it is not the first time that I say it either.

It is however a fact that it can cause issues, that being said I will bring your points up.

Could you please clarify the clarification, Shan? If you were not told to speak of these issues why do you do it sometimes as you said? Personal experiences with them? And since you call them a fact also what would they be for example?

• Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you @AviTrek for providing these details about your experience, it is very useful!

But it is still a fundamental nature of the game to be open in the background on your phone/tablet all the time, regardless of intent or not. Now are we saying that game was not designed this way and has inherent errors due to the platform it's run on?