Home The Bridge
Options

Midweek Event Unleashed - feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be putting up my 1/10 U.S.S. Hiawatha Saturday....
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll switch ships soon. I've been playing in Captain to get Yeager schematics.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    I'll switch ships soon. I've been playing in Captain to get Yeager schematics.

Same here. The only time in about 6 months that the schematics offered were ones I needed. Now I have to decide which noob ships to use.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    You only need to "tank" Admiral.......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly. I'm still competing for Yeager schematics but I just switched Admiral arena over to one of my lvl 1 ships. Should drop me down the rankings nicely before next week.
  • Options
    ChaosChild wrote: »

Exactly. I'm still competing for Yeager schematics but I just switched Admiral arena over to one of my lvl 1 ships. Should drop me down the rankings nicely before next week.

Exactly what I did. Not having a lot of luck finding a good combination for the Captain from what I have in quarters.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    Not having a lot of luck finding a good combination for the Captain from what I have in quarters.

Unless you've already finished and frozen her, have you tried Bat'leth Mariner on the Borg sphere? She has a boom with a position trigger that it can satisfy.
  • Options
    I'm finding out the hard way! Yeah, I froze her. I'm not too concerned. The Yeager is 8/9. Even without a lot of schematics. It's getting maxed sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    EdwynEdwyn ✭✭✭
    Can someone give me an idiots guide to how ships work? I've never done anything more than auto, currently ranked 6k but tend to lose quite a bit more than the 1/10 wiggle room this event provides. I've always worked under the assumption that the 400% characters were the way to go, but I was losing most battles inside the top 3-4k rankings
  • Options
    Edwyn wrote: »
    Can someone give me an idiots guide to how ships work? I've never done anything more than auto, currently ranked 6k but tend to lose quite a bit more than the 1/10 wiggle room this event provides. I've always worked under the assumption that the 400% characters were the way to go, but I was losing most battles inside the top 3-4k rankings

You need to start "Tanking" your Admiral Division right now. Change to a Ship that is Level One {or the lowest you have} and don't put ANY Crew on. When you do your Battles at Reset, do not Auto. Just let your ship constantly lose. AFK attacks on your ship will drop it down for you.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    EdwynEdwyn ✭✭✭
    Much obliged, got it all set up and will cross my fingers that I drop far enough
  • Options
    Just immortalise a 1* rather the hold off on fusing. The only cost to it is in training programmes which are a dime a dozen.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unleashed again next week.

I'm guessing the bug is due to the prerequisites.

Anyway, how did Bagman Odo get into the gauntlet?
    Intruder door.

txtm9ma11hw0.jpg

• Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my first 10 done and switched back to a level 1 ship to help again. thanks to all that do this. makes it a bit easier to complete.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Got my first 10 done and switched back to a level 1 ship to help again. thanks to all that do this. makes it a bit easier to complete.

Indeed. I am doing the same and thank those who are helping. Don't help if you need the schematics, but if you have them, you are doing great to help.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »

Indeed. I am doing the same and thank those who are helping. Don't help if you need the schematics, but if you have them, you are doing great to help.

With the 2 schematics during the events being Proton's Rocket and D'kora, both are quite in demand if you don't have them. I'd imagine most people have the latter complete at least though. I'm tanking this time, but only semi-tanked last time as I still needed a few hundred components to finish the former.
  • Options
    Unleashed again next week.

I'm guessing the bug is due to the prerequisites.

Anyway, how did Bagman Odo get into the gauntlet?
    Intruder door.

txtm9ma11hw0.jpg

Almost like they stopped even trying......
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    I complained (whined?) about the ship tanking idea last time, but I gave up the “get off my lawn, kids” attitude this time and tanked away. Fell down into the 18k range, won my 10, and switched back to my level 1 romulan bop. Come at me, if you dare! 😂

Gonna be a long climb back up after tomorrow though.

It’s not that bad. Gaining 5000 ranks in a day is doable.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Arnie wrote: »

With the 2 schematics during the events being Proton's Rocket and D'kora, both are quite in demand if you don't have them. I'd imagine most people have the latter complete at least though. I'm tanking this time, but only semi-tanked last time as I still needed a few hundred components to finish the former.

Most of the time, the schematics offered in the Admiral's Division are for ships I've already "immortalized", so they go right into RepRations. Rarely are they for recent ships, or even those from a year ago (my D'Kora's been maxed for years now, still waiting to max my Andorian cruiser), besides the fact that IF you are ranked high enough, you MIGHT get 300+ in the month, which MIGHT get you 1 level higher.

Overall, the entire schematic reward from the Arena is below-par, compared to the rewards from the Cadet Challenge. Heck, you don't even get any components from completing an Arena battle!
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    DaiMon Bok wrote: »

Most of the time, the schematics offered in the Admiral's Division are for ships I've already "immortalized", so they go right into RepRations. Rarely are they for recent ships, or even those from a year ago (my D'Kora's been maxed for years now, still waiting to max my Andorian cruiser), besides the fact that IF you are ranked high enough, you MIGHT get 300+ in the month, which MIGHT get you 1 level higher.

You can get easily 80-100 each day in Admiral.

• Options
    Peets wrote: »

Only by spending dilithium, something not everyone is able, or willing, to do for such measly rewards. Most days, I only do the minimum 5 needed for the daily task; since there is no reward for doing more (i.e. experience for your crew, components, or equipment as you get for running ship missions), what's the point?
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Only by spending dilithium, something not everyone is able, or willing, to do for such measly rewards. Most days, I only do the minimum 5 needed for the daily task; since there is no reward for doing more (i.e. experience for your crew, components, or equipment as you get for running ship missions), what's the point?

On an average day I float around 2000-3000 in rank. That’s 80 schematics every day. I don’t spend dilithium on Arena. I do Admiral 8 times with a Krayton on Auto. Every once in awhile I hit the top 100. Sometimes I even manage to hit first place.

If you are awake at reset (not always easy for everyone; it’s not for me this time of year), it’s not hard to be in the top percent and get the full 120 schematics. I’ve been doing it for several years now. But it does require you to be watching it right before the daily rewards are calculated. The trick is to be in the 100-300 ranks, which don’t typically get targeted. If you are expecting to be number 1 for more than 10 seconds, you’ll use up your daily battles in a minute or two.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I complained (whined?) about the ship tanking idea last time, but I gave up the “get off my lawn, kids” attitude this time and tanked away. Fell down into the 18k range, won my 10, and switched back to my level 1 romulan bop. Come at me, if you dare! 😂

Gonna be a long climb back up after tomorrow though.

It’s not that bad. Gaining 5000 ranks in a day is doable.

I think it's terrible from a game design perspective that they create events that encourage tanking. But until they fix the design, I will continue to tank for these events.

I spent Dilithium last night to do the win 18. I won 19/20 with "Tanking". Reset back to the Hiawatha Level One, no Crew. Will leave it until the next one starts.
  • Options
    edited May 2022

Overall, the entire schematic reward from the Arena is below-par, compared to the rewards from the Cadet Challenge. Heck, you don't even get any components from completing an Arena battle!

I can usually stay high enough to get 100-120 Schemes a day. That is 3000 a month. Several Levels.

Without spending Dilithium, I can stay near the top when not "Tanking" or recovering from "Tanking". I have had times I was in the top ten when I finished my ten battles, for several consecutive days.

• Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »

On an average day I float around 2000-3000 in rank. That’s 80 schematics every day. I don’t spend dilithium on Arena. I do Admiral 8 times with a Krayton on Auto. Every once in awhile I hit the top 100. Sometimes I even manage to hit first place.

If you are awake at reset (not always easy for everyone; it’s not for me this time of year), it’s not hard to be in the top percent and get the full 120 schematics. I’ve been doing it for several years now. But it does require you to be watching it right before the daily rewards are calculated. The trick is to be in the 100-300 ranks, which don’t typically get targeted. If you are expecting to be number 1 for more than 10 seconds, you’ll use up your daily battles in a minute or two.

Time-zones for me mean I struggle to get 120 regularly (same for topping the gauntlet) but I have best success with this too... do my battles late as I can, and if I get to 500-600 I'll take the second battle rather than third to sit around 250-300th.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does one spend dilithium in the arena?