Home The Bridge
Options

Midweek Event Unleashed - feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the Phoenix up and am at 4004. Have fun.....
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 for 10 in arena. I thank all drones as that really helped. I have also been droning except for my 5 minutes in the arena.

20 shuttles complete, but I was tanking a faction for 4 days (I say tanking... One out of four shuttles still succeeded!). But sending off on Monday and claiming Tuesday relieved the pressure.

24/50 on Gauntlet, but this is the one I'm most worried by. I was only able to do it today because of a slow work day. But tomorrow may be more an issue, and if they run a similar objective in the future then this will be the weak point. Once you run too high up the ladder, then you just can't escape walls of defeat.

We shall see.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I passed the halfway mark on the first three objectives. Barring a catastrophe, I should be ok. In the next gauntlet, I'll leave a skill or two empty so some folks can snag a couple wins.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    10 wins against lvl 10 ships.
    Just need to pick the right targets and I managed to get my 10th attack to the first place.
    I had to refresh a few times.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I did end up going 10 for 10 on Arena. Yes, I tanked my rating. Got my wins from beating other tanked ships and players who aren’t up to speed yet (killed 3 crewed Artifacts at L9).

In theory, people doing proper Arena strategies where you counter specific ships is the right way of doing things. Arena is still a little too RNG for 20for20. The crew change interface also blows which is why I never bother to change ships and crew. I’m also glad that I don’t need the reward this month.

Getting surprisingly poor luck on shuttles. Sitting at 12/20 despite using 4* skill boosts and having 93-97% success rates. Still the easiest part.

Gauntlet is 25/50. I goofed and let a cycle slip an hour due to work, lunch and fiddling with my honour sale goodies. Gauntlet is still not that hard.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    I did end up going 10 for 10 on Arena. Yes, I tanked my rating. Got my wins from beating other tanked ships and players who aren’t up to speed yet (killed 3 crewed Artifacts at L9).

In theory, people doing proper Arena strategies where you counter specific ships is the right way of doing things. Arena is still a little too RNG for 20for20. The crew change interface also blows which is why I never bother to change ships and crew. I’m also glad that I don’t need the reward this month.

Getting surprisingly poor luck on shuttles. Sitting at 12/20 despite using 4* skill boosts and having 93-97% success rates. Still the easiest part.

Gauntlet is 25/50. I goofed and let a cycle slip an hour due to work, lunch and fiddling with my honour sale goodies. Gauntlet is still not that hard.

How do the cycles work on gauntlet? I was getting my 4 hour clock running down from 3:50 this morning and the timing of it made me think I'd get an extra round in with 10 minutes before the end of the gauntlet, but I logged in to do my penultimate wave and now my crew reset 20 minutes after the end of the round!
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arnie wrote: »

How do the cycles work on gauntlet? I was getting my 4 hour clock running down from 3:50 this morning and the timing of it made me think I'd get an extra round in with 10 minutes before the end of the gauntlet, but I logged in to do my penultimate wave and now my crew reset 20 minutes after the end of the round!

The reset is four hours after your first match, though that can get screwy if you check things without doing a match. It's always best to have someone be defeated and then use that timer as your reset.

A few years back I tried collecting some advanced gauntlet tactics in a thread and Synthetic Commander had a good breakdown on how to control the timer.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve noticed the occasional reset but have been too lazy to investigate. If I’m trying at the gauntlet my schedule is like this.
    7:30 PM Start Gauntlet.
    12:00 AM 2nd cycle. OE Start.
    12:30 AM Bed.
    7:30 AM Wake up. 3rd cycle. Scratch cat’s belly.
    11:30 AM 4th cycle.
    3:30 PM 5th cycle.
    7:30 PM 6th cycle.
    12:00 AM 7th cycle.
    7:30 AM Wake up. 8th cycle. Scratch cat’s belly. Needy little varmint.
    11:30 AM 9th cycle.
    3:30 PM 10th cycle. Check timers since I have seen resets occur at off times. Delay play till 6:55 PM while attempting for placement.
    7:30 PM Start New Gauntlet. 11th cycle.
    11:30 PM 12th cycle. OE End.

Adjust accordingly if timers reset or if you visit the Captain’s Chair in the middle of the night.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arena 9/10
    Shuttles 12/20
    Gauntlet 26/50

Well… obvously not gonna finish arena. One damn RNG…
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »
    Arena 9/10
    Shuttles 12/20
    Gauntlet 26/50

Well… obvously not gonna finish arena. One damn RNG…

Don't feel bad. I forgot to switch out if drone mode. Not a morning person. Might buy tickets tomorrow as penance.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »

The reset is four hours after your first match, though that can get screwy if you check things without doing a match. It's always best to have someone be defeated and then use that timer as your reset.

A few years back I tried collecting some advanced gauntlet tactics in a thread and Synthetic Commander had a good breakdown on how to control the timer.

This makes sense now- I reckon my app logged out before the timer reset then I only reopened it about 30 mins after the reset was available... damn, could've done with the extra rounds given the event!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    I've just completed the shuttles, 20 successes from 20 attempts. RNG is obviously on my side there today. That won't last, it's probably a software glitch.

Gauntlet is at 27/50, I'm confident I can complete that with time to spare. RNG is less kind there, but no worse than normal for gauntlet.

Arena I went 10 for 10, didn't have to fight anything above level 3 and I went straight back to droning once my battles were done. I love the fact that the community has come together to collectively reject WRG's agenda and help each other out. I'd love it even more if WRG shared that community spirit but that's definitely too much to hope for.

Tanking Arena and leaving ships is a pretty obvious strategy. When you think along those lines, leaving a skill empty in gauntlet is a small step. Fleets joining gauntlet at the same time is another small step.

Are we sure this wasn't an intended result? I'm not willing to rule it out.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoy this new event type.
    Challenging but not too hard to finish. And the main reward is well worth too.

Well done. WRG 👍🏻👏🏻
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoy this new event type.
    Challenging but not too hard to finish. And the main reward is well worth too.

Well done. WRG 👍🏻👏🏻

I wouldn't mind scaling back to 18 wins in Arena for just that little bit of room for error, but otherwise, it's a fun challenge for a change.

I would actually say 15 wins. But the exact number is debatable; it’s somewhere in the middle.

I’m a little annoyed with the locked achievement, mainly because I’ll have to use up half the chronos that are rewarded. But it’s a relatively minor gripe. There’s also not much else they could have set for that achievement (which is another problem).
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    “ To say that spending is an option is a fact, but goes against the spirit of the game”

When was this established? Was this by a statement of the new or previous owners? Free to play means someone is spending to pay for all the free gameplay. That’s the spirit of every game.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Five Gauntlet Wins left to unlock the final thing.

Some people gonna get some Gear built.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    “ To say that spending is an option is a fact, but goes against the spirit of the game”

When was this established? Was this by a statement of the new or previous owners? Free to play means someone is spending to pay for all the free gameplay. That’s the spirit of every game.

Yeah, I'm not sure it is a great idea to suggest that whale hunting should be a driving factor of game design...
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve noticed the occasional reset but have been too lazy to investigate. If I’m trying at the gauntlet my schedule is like this.
    7:30 PM Start Gauntlet.
    12:00 AM 2nd cycle. OE Start.
    7:30 AM Wake up. 3rd cycle. Scratch cat’s belly.
    11:30 AM 4th cycle.
    3:30 PM 5th cycle.
    7:30 PM 6th cycle.
    12:00 AM 7th cycle.
    7:30 AM Wake up. 8th cycle. Scratch cat’s belly. Needy little varmint.
    11:30 AM 9th cycle.
    3:30 PM 10th cycle. Check timers since I have seen resets occur at off times. Delay play till 6:55 PM while attempting for placement.
    7:30 PM Start New Gauntlet. 11th cycle.
    11:30 PM 12th cycle. OE End.

Adjust accordingly if timers reset or if you visit the Captain’s Chair in the middle of the night.

I have never done that much work on anything without getting paid for it.

Yes, he is a lot of work.
    o5mmry6vjblz.jpeg

The gauntlet in comparison is much easier. Only gotta press some buttons every few hours.
  • Options
    [SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    The arena goal is ridiculous. I’m routinely in the top five or 10%, with a good ship and crew. And even then there are times (though rarely) I’ll go for 10 for 10 losses. On a decent day it’s five wins and five losses. It’s more luck than skill to get 10 out of 10. Since it’s mostly RNG. What are they thinking? Other than expecting you to buy more tickets.
  • Options
    [
    Maxwell wrote: »

Yeah, I'm not sure it is a great idea to suggest that whale hunting should be a driving factor of game design...
    $2 worth of dilithium is whale hunting? LOL
    No game even gets made unless the developer can prove to the backers that it will be profitable. How will you montize is on page one of any proposal. And it doesn’t stop after launch. Finding new ways to monetize is the difference between games that disappear after a year or two and games that hang around. I choose not to spend. I am very happy the company is coming up with new ways for people to spend who choose to do so. It allows me to play for free.
  • Options
    TaayaTaaya ✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    FF_Founder wrote: »
    Apologies if someone has already said this; I've just skimmed through the thread.
    I think this event has a lot going for it. As others have mentioned, I think all the midweek events would be better starting mid-day like regular events (mid-day in the US, anyway). There's no such thing as a free lunch, and there's no such thing as a free game in the app store. Play and spend to your level of comfort.

The problem with starting mid day is tokens don't reset then, cadets don't reset then, etc.... The event needs to be timed with Reset if its based on items that are given at Reset or we will have a whole new set of complaints.

Gosh, yes, I wish they'd finally do that with the real events as well.

Anyway? This OE right now? I decided to try (because, as I mentioned earlier, I'm allergic to always being excluded due to my disabilities and just wasn't willing to now also be left out by my game). And... A freaking level 5 artefact with Ardra is still too strong for a level 10 Krayton?

Long story short: I spend hours (!) refreshing to find ships I could compete with, to end up not getting any reward. Yeah. I hate this OE.
  • Options
    Looking at this, I went well that's one event I'm not going to try for. And no I'm not a starting player.Also I am one of those that actually pays your wages as I put real money (not a lot but consistently) into the game.