Home The Bridge
Options

Midweek Event Unleashed - feedback thread

1161718192022»

Comments

• Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will become the 2nd OE that I don't complete, since the rewards are not worth the investment, especially when the OE itself undermines the collaborative spirit of the game feature it is supposed to be promoting.

I will likely complete the 20 battles achievement as a result of my normal game play, and may luck into one/both of the node completion achievements, but will essentially once again play those days without even giving this particular OE a second thought.
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    This will become the 2nd OE that I don't complete, since the rewards are not worth the investment, especially when the OE itself undermines the collaborative spirit of the game feature it is supposed to be promoting.

I will likely complete the 20 battles achievement as a result of my normal game play, and may luck into one/both of the node completion achievements, but will essentially once again play those days without even giving this particular OE a second thought.

Same with me being the 2nd OE that will not BOTHER to complete. I could complete but where is the blasted logic spending dilithium to finish? That and the $50 webstore Boimler left a bad taste in my mouth that week. I wonder what the sales of the$50 Boimler has told WRG at this point.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s still a subpar OE.

It’s still an OE that I might spend DIL on because you’re still getting a bonus for it and crushing UNM in less than 10 hours is nice.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    I'm actually looking forward to this; it'll be an interesting challenge. I'll be curious to see if I can pull it off. The Arena wins will be hard but I can get 5 for 5 wins when I'm justing trying to get first place scores for my daily task; 10 for 10 should be fun to try for. Also, I won't mind spending a small amount of dil if I'm close to getting it.
  • Options
    It feels as though the level of deliberate tanking in arena/gauntlet is a lot lower now than when this event was introduced, though obviously my direct experience is anecdote, not data. Have people come up with better strategies that don't require tanking, or are they less motivated to complete all objectives (eg if the little while there when this was the only OE type running has left them with a nice bank of purple cites)? Or am I just not seeing the full picture?
  • Options
    I will say though that it's really nice to have the event winner bonus coinciding with the shuttle missions component of the OE.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    It feels as though the level of deliberate tanking in arena/gauntlet is a lot lower now than when this event was introduced, though obviously my direct experience is anecdote, not data. Have people come up with better strategies that don't require tanking, or are they less motivated to complete all objectives (eg if the little while there when this was the only OE type running has left them with a nice bank of purple cites)? Or am I just not seeing the full picture?

When The Artifact was the prize I took winning Arena pretty seriously. I took some of the knowledge I gained from FBB and applied it to Arena. Mostly gained 100-120 Schematics every day. I didn’t change my ship too much but I did pay attention to my opponents ship and much more importantly, their crew.

Now I’m back to tanking because I don’t need this ship and tanking is still easier.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

I tanked and dropped more than 6 thousand places in a few hours. I'm happy to help. But I didn't tank at all when the reward was a good ship I didn't have finished. I think you'll see far more tanking this month.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    I forgot to re-tank. Sorry anyone who picked my Ship.

It's fixed now.

This only doing it every three weeks makes me even more likely to forget to change back.

hczuhz1m0z4f.png

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stay tanked unless I'm after schematics or getting my OE wins. If I don't need the schematics, I'm not taking them from someone who does. I was raised to be a lady, no matter how often I get called sir.😂
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    You can hold a maximum of 250 chronitons, which charge at a rate of 1 every 5ish minutes, which takes almost a full day, but the challenge wants 10000. Yes you can get maybe an extra 500 a day if you’re lucky and have a chroniton cadet challenge and get them in the gauntlet.

You also need 60 arena tokens when you only get 10 a day. And that’s with a beating all of them.

Assuming I don’t spent credits, I can get maybe 500k a day. The game wants 10 million.

You need to have hoarded these for weeks to do this midweek event. Or of course you could spend dilithium. Which you do have to do for the last part of the event.

150 for 120 chronitons, 10 arena tokens, or 75k credits. A reminder I need 10k, 60, and 10mil. Factoring everything I said, i would need to purchase

12000 for the chronitons, 600 for the arena, and 6000 for the credits. Plus 950 for the last one. A total of 19,550. The discovery behold only is 950. I can buy 20 beholds for the same price.

On the bright side, that’s only 200 dollars at my current VIP level. That’s still crazy though.
  • Options
    JoeSage 2JoeSage 2 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Keegan Q wrote: »
    You also need 60 arena tokens when you only get 10 a day. And that’s with a beating all of them.

FYI, do NOT have to beat Admiral Arena...just Complete 60 battles.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the bright side, that’s only 200 dollars at my current VIP level. That’s still crazy though.

I didn’t spend a penny and completed it.

And I didn’t hoard weeks for it. I hoarded one week. Which I do every single week. You’re only spending your Chrons once a week right?

Granted, I’m chaining 10 hour voyages and efficiently using adwarps on cadet missions but I’ve never been pressed for doing either the Quantum OE or a Retrieval every 8 days.
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »

And I didn’t hoard weeks for it. I hoarded one week. Which I do every single week.
    And I didn’t hoard weeks for it. I hoarded one week. Which I do every single week. You’re only spending your Chrons once a week right?

You had that much dilithium just laying around?
  • Options
    You can hold a maximum of 250 chronitons.

That's not true. You can hold many many more than that.

They won't refill if you do but you can bank them.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

And I didn’t hoard weeks for it. I hoarded one week. Which I do every single week.

You had that much dilithium just laying around?

Yes. I spend very little DIL in game. Pretty much only on Quantum and the occasional FBB valour refill.

• Options
    I earned all the credits I needed for this week's OE (about 12m across two accounts) by skirmishing in the weekend event before. Obviously that requires a fairly hefty time investment (though nowhere near that put in by the people at the top of the leaderboard), but it doesn't necessarily need dil. I don't know if giving us that opportunity was intentional on the devs' part, but it definitely worked out well for me and I probably would feel differently about the OE if I hadn't been able to do that.
  • Options
    PavelHr wrote: »
    Please remove or buff Masters of the Arena. 150 schematics, provided you don't get a behold where you have everything, is close to useless. The 400 chronitons reward for doing everything also seems awkward to get from an Arena event and it's not in line with what the theme. You also need to keep a few non-legendaries in your crew and many people don't have the free crew slots so you have to spend a lot of time and merits thawing crewman for minimal reward.

In other events we get beholds for crew, including legendaries or citations, the reward here is just barebones. Thank you!

Greetings Captain! We will take into consideration since we do it for other events as well. Thank you for reporting this! We will update you as soon as we have news. LLAP