Home The Bridge
Options

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    tyllanthor wrote: »
    Some people mentioned unexpected loss of valor points. Maybe it is only a synchronization issue... (or something like that)
    I have the following experience. Chronologically:

1. Yesterday: The game displayed that full replenish of my valors should happen few minutes before the boss battle end. That is, today around 9:00 AM UTC.
    2. I stopped spending valors in order to reach maximum valors for next battle.
    3. Today, around 5:00 AM UTC: I started the game and I saw 4 valors. That was wrong because maximum of 4 valors should be reached around 9:00 AM UTC when the battle ends.
    4. Today, around 7:00 AM UTC: I started the game again and only 3 valors were displayed, which is correct. I think that game restart fixed the wrong number of valors.

I think that some reported lost valor points could be caused by this behavior.
    People could see wrong higher number of valors that was fixed later and they could think that they lost valors because of game error.
    Just an impression... Maybe the game client shows 4 valors by default if it cannot read current number of valors from server at the moment (because of network issues, for example).

Could be. I was showing 3 valour 10 mins before the 3rd point was due to refresh, spent 1 in a fight and then only had 1 after the fight, with the next one showing up at the expected time a few minutes later, suggesting that pinging the server with the fight result sync'd the valour up.
  • Options
    JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    One of my captains asked how spending dilithium reset. They understand 150, 150, 300, 500 for spending, but how does the purchasing get set back to 150? Midnight? 12 hours?
    Thank you.

P.S. We are having a lot of fun in our fleets learning how to mess up the bosses. Thank you for this aspect of the game and revitalizing it.

Pretty certain this is a midnight reset and not a cool down timer.
  • Options
    I suggest that Valor recharge every 2 hours and the max raised to 6. There are going to be a lot of players/fleets stuck at bridge level 7 and below.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Required donation quantities subject to change, but here is an idea for an alternative to the Bilitrium walls.
    p6nfxqtu62qj.jpg

Another alternative idea would be the creation of a new starbase room that once completed would allow fleet members to exchange 10x of one Captains Bridge material for 1x of the next tier material. So...

Donate 10x Magnesite -> 1x Kemocite
    Donate 10x Kemocite -> 1x Bilitrium I
    Donate 10x Bilitrium I -> 1x Bilitrium II
    etc

These potential ideas would allow a path for progression for everyone in a fleet, regardless of size/abilities. It would obviously take longer than direct combat with the FB, but progress would be possible for a majority of people for whom progress presently is not possible. It would also help the lower level FBs remain relevant indefinitely, which would keep fleets working together to defeat the bosses, while also encouraging fleets to continue to work together to make meaningful starbase contributions.

I think this is a fantastic idea.

It is a great idea, which means they won't do it.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    It is a great idea, which means they won't do it.

I was trying to stay positive, so I wasn't gonna say it.

• Options
    joshurtreejoshurtree ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    A minor improvement needed is an animation/transition indicating you have upgraded Captain's Bridge buffs. I have upgraded the same buff twice on a number of occasions because there is no obvious reaction and I think that my stubby fingers have missed the button.
  • Options
    Required donation quantities subject to change, but here is an idea for an alternative to the Bilitrium walls.
    p6nfxqtu62qj.jpg

Another alternative idea would be the creation of a new starbase room that once completed would allow fleet members to exchange 10x of one Captains Bridge material for 1x of the next tier material. So...

etc

These potential ideas would allow a path for progression for everyone in a fleet, regardless of size/abilities. It would obviously take longer than direct combat with the FB, but progress would be possible for a majority of people for whom progress presently is not possible. It would also help the lower level FBs remain relevant indefinitely, which would keep fleets working together to defeat the bosses, while also encouraging fleets to continue to work together to make meaningful starbase contributions.

Excellent Ideas - especially the alternative idea. They should be relatively easy to implement (from an IT programming viewpoint); benefits all players (adds to game play and enjoyment etc) and makes perfect sense - so as others have said, it probably stands no chance sadly (as only players would benefit and it doesn't add anything to WRG coffers). Miracles can happen though (or so I have read somewhere) so go on WRG, as Picard would say "make it so" - consider it an early Christmas present to the player base 😊🤞
  • Options
    SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    p6nfxqtu62qj.jpg

etc

Excellent Ideas - especially the alternative idea. They should be relatively easy to implement (from an IT programming viewpoint); benefits all players (adds to game play and enjoyment etc) and makes perfect sense - so as others have said, it probably stands no chance sadly (as only players would benefit and it doesn't add anything to WRG coffers). Miracles can happen though (or so I have read somewhere) so go on WRG, as Picard would say "make it so" - consider it an early Christmas present to the player base 😊🤞

Other alternative can be Fleet Bosses & Captain's Bridges group by players levels.

Fleet Boss & Captain's Bridge for players level 1 - level 50 and so on.
  • Options
    LeiyanLeiyan ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    nevermind!
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since we absolutely HAVE to beat nightmare/ultra nightmare to advance levels, we really need to either remove or double the 24hr timer. It requires waaaay too much coordination to pull off an assault. <snip> But as a daily grind thing, I'm worried if we start missing it, people will just stop doing boss battles.

Basically what I said 2 weeks ago is starting to happen. You are going to have to address the wall soon by either removing timers or adding all the rewards at all levels (1/2/3) instead of (0/0/3). Waaay too many fleets can't realistically clear nightmare in 24 hours consistently
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some other feedback:

It would be nice in the UI to look back at previous trait combinations to see who unlocked a node and what the traits/crew were.

Right now, once a combination is complete there is no way to know what was used. So if I try 4 crew for the final node all I know is that I completed it, but not which crew did it. And if we have a ticket in to unlock a node for crew not in the portal we don't know if CS unlocked the node or if someone in our fleet had the crew and used them without telling anyone in the fleet they did it.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 on the above. My fleet is getting pretty good about posting who they try for what in chat. With people all over the world with various life schedules, it's a must.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    So now you need exact crew to get a combo? That's some bs and you just ruined boss battles. Will you please quit destroying this once great game. Sell it back to DB they knew how to treat the players
  • Options
    When is the next update? So I know when I can start playing again
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to have the correct pair of traits in a single crew, not spread across two. So for Human + Federation, you have to use Picard, Crusher, Janeway, etc, instead of say Archer and Dax.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    When is the next update? So I know when I can start playing again

Why? They aren't gonna put it back the way it was with the next update.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive given this a lot of time to think about. I really appreciate that they made the change to not have FBB point to non-portal crew. This was absolutely necessary to make the new feature even stand on its own legs.

I agree with a whole bunch of the above sentiment. But instead of delving into an item for item wish list or naughty list, I want to propose something that I think will serve to enhance the FBB experience, and improve fleet participation. I think that it is achievable relatively easily as some of the mechanisms are already in game. so first, some definitions:

Crew list: when I say crew list, I am referring to the list that pops up when you tap the + icon in FBB combo chain.

Locked: When I say locked, I mean grayed out, or otherwise unselectable.

Trait list: When I say trait list, I am referring to the list of possible traits shown on the FBB combo menu.

Node lock: When I say node lock, I am talking about when a player successfully unlocks a node in the chain, but is locked out from contributin to other nodes in the chain.

So, the suggestion:

Imagine, if when you look at the crew list for a chain, you don't see a menu of YOUR available crew that can unlock the node....you see a list (and images) of ALL available crew that can unlock the node. The trait list is a great mechanic to drive the feature, but requiring players to sort and search by trait is super clunky, and confusing, and made more challenging by the limitations of in game and even non sanctioned chats. so, i am suggesting we move to a format that is more reliant on the possible crew that can unlock the node, or, a more visual method to remember what crew to consider to unlock a node. There could even be links to take players to crew retrieval, portal, or faction stores to acquire crew that are not owned or in the freezer.

BUT, to make this work right, you cant just list the POSSIBLE crew that can unlock it, you need to GRAY OUT the crew that have already been attempted by your fleet mates. use the same display characteristics for crew that are currently seated on a ship when it says crew already in boss battle. just strip out the part where the crew is already seated, and replace it with "crew is not part of combo chain" or something to that effect. This way, you are eliminating the reliance on exiting fleet battles to go into game chat and talk about what crew others have tried already, or exiting the game to go into discord and ask the same question, or exiting fleet battles to screw around looking in the vault for possible matches and making hand written notes to catalog what has and hasnt been tried. This one seems like a home run to me, if wrg can pull it off. I mean, just take out the need for any chatting at all. give us the menu of possible crew that can unlock the node, and gray out the ones that have already been eliminated. This gives us real time info about the current status of the FBB, and we can work as a team in an extremely coordinated fashion without ever saying a word to each other.

and finally, wrg should consider allowing captains to unlock multiple nodes instead of arbitrarily locking them out after they successfully find a node match. this lock out is really just serving to limit the amount of purchases of valor that a player can make to contribute to the combo chains. I understand that scaling of rewards might be necessary, but I really think that they should remove this arbitrary limitation. Some people have really deep crews and are great at finding combos, some are only interested in dealing as much damage as possible to the boss. Please consider letting the players play the game the way they want to. Just remove this lock out feature. I suspect your valor sales will increase.

That is all.

+1
  • Options
    Dax sheppardDax sheppard ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Our most recent battle (just ended)had non-portal/retrievable crew showing as possible node matches. Also of our 16 possible modes half of them had matches running into 100s.

There needs to be a more refined way of choosing which traits go live in a battle so if a node is human then the matching traits can’t be federation or starfleet which is 99% of all human crew. If the pool is only the widely available portal/retrieval crew then non-Eligble crew including gauntlet, fuses and campaign cards shouldn’t be identified. It would also be helpful if cards who have been tried by fleet members or excluded due to another node using their trait were removed or greyed our while the battle was underway. The in-game chat is not up to the task of letting 50 people know who has tried who

The pool of crew should be matched to the ships in play so 4⭐️ Ships only feature 4⭐️ (Brutal and hard) 5⭐️ For nightmare and ultra. At a push maybe one tier lower so brutal can be 3&4⭐️ Crew and nightmare/ultra 4&5⭐️ Crew. Expecting fleets playing ultra to consider green or blue crew cards is ridiculous

With the launch of fleet battles it would also be good to see the junk starbase components in the paid for campaigns being replaced with some of the captains bridge components. Let’s face it who is spending a minimum of 24.99 monthly and desperate for starbase components or for that matter the rep rations they provide?

• Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    There needs to be a more refined way of choosing which traits go live in a battle so if a node is human then the matching traits can’t be federation or starfleet which is 99% of all human crew.

Why? If its a Human node and its Federation and Starfleet, that's the easiest combo in the game. If its Fed or Starfleet, then you just need to worry about whatever the third trait is. Which can be a lot or a little but you just do the other nodes first to narrow things down.

There's also certain ship combo's that are just going to work. Zimmerman, Maquis Paris, Undercover O'Brien and Batleth Mariner are all Federation/Starfleet/Human but they also cover a huge variety of traits while being a very, very good damage dealing combo.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Our most recent battle (just ended)had non-portal/retrievable crew showing as possible node matches. Also of our 16 possible modes half of them had matches running into 100s.

Is it possible that you forgot that it is not crew based but trait based? I never saw more then 5-6 possible matches.