Home The Bridge
Options

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    Sorry if this has been asked already. But how many chains are there in nightmere. We just finally smashed up brutal and I’m running numbers and planning for a run at nightmere. And the dog woke me up and I can’t get back to sleep 🙄
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Jairzinho2 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked already. But how many chains are there in nightmere. We just finally smashed up brutal and I’m running numbers and planning for a run at nightmere. And the dog woke me up and I can’t get back to sleep 🙄

Five. I wish I knew that before hand.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see why they wouldn't want to lock battles, and risk that everyone gets locked while said admirals and officers aren't available...

But, AT LEAST, can we get the timer of the boss to start running once an attack is dealt (damage being done), We have a lot (A LOT) of people just starting bosses either by mistake, or curiosity to see the rewards, or whatever, and not attacking.

It would be nice if we could organically lock people out of difficulties, like captain level, ship or crew required, but I can't think of any alternatives.

Maybe put a fee to start a FBB? Like 100 magnesite, so captains that log once a week and don't read fleet messages can't start a boss, or at least feel that they might be doing something that they shouldn't? (The 100 magnesite is a number I think higher bridge level captains would have no problem spending, but casual players might think twice to spend)
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan
    With the influx of LD 2* crew, we will start seeing the Vedala problem at all difficulties, as they are in the Vault eight days before they are available. Starfleet and Orion (Tendi) is unique and it's possible the other three would have a unique combo as well. I need to look at Rutherford better and we haven't seen Boimler and Mariner yet. Yesterday was busy.
    I've been prefixing every CS ticket involving the new feature with "FBB", so they know it involves the Fleet Boss right off. "FBB- Lost Valor" or "FBB- Lost Valor x2" for example, so they know what the main issue is. Inside are the details. I hope it helps. I try to prefix Event problems with "Event-" so they know it's a time issue there.
    Since there is a backlog, is there something specific that CS would like us to use in our ticket header when dealing with "premature" traits, so they know it's something holding up a whole fleet? I figured since we know it will be an issue like Vedala was, we can try to get ahead of it. Make it easier for everyone. I wouldn't complain if they came up with a list of certain things they would like us to include it the header/body for certain issues to make it easier on everyone. Can you check with them and get back to us?
    My Fleet is sticking with Normal, so we will probably see it happen. I already warned it could happen and told them I would ask about procedure, beforehand. Thanks.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    I know Ben said they intentionally didn't want to do this. But I have seen dozens of requests to lock boss bottles, and not a SINGLE person saying they want it to stay as is.

There are people who don't want it to be locked. (See STT youtube, for example)
    So, I would prefer the option to lock it.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Again the only reason to start other difficulties is the rewards. If lower difficulties rewards are included at low thresholds based on which difficulty they are from, battles could be locked.

If battles are locked.
    Previous rewards could have very low thresholds. The rewards could also be subtracted from the current rewards so that no extra are being rewarded.
    (Of course, there will be resources, that may not be given now, that will be included, so these will be extra)

But, again the solution to only allowing one battle at a time, is changing the reward structure. The only reward structure that does not need changing is Easy.
  • Options
    Haven't seen this one mentioned, but I would like to see App notifications for each time a point of Valour recharges.
  • Options
    One of my captains asked how spending dilithium reset. They understand 150, 150, 300, 500 for spending, but how does the purchasing get set back to 150? Midnight? 12 hours?
    Thank you.

P.S. We are having a lot of fun in our fleets learning how to mess up the bosses. Thank you for this aspect of the game and revitalizing it.
  • Options
    So, we as a fleet decided to save up valor and start a boss fight at a specific time to gives us the best chance at sucess. Posted in MOD, posted in officer chat, posted in fleet chat, posted in LINE. Of course, we know those messages always get through, never been any issues with message being lost or anything.

But apparently, we have 1...someone started the fight, did not attack, just started it and ruined our plans. If you are not going to give us the ability to lock fights, and I have still seen no logical reason why you won't, at least let us see WHO starts the fight. That way we can address the issues with communication. That would be a small step in the right direction.

*THIS!*
  • Options
    Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone here who updates the Wiki planning to create a Boss Battle page with the rewards?
    Or can someone from WRG please post the rewards? @Shan ? Please?
    That might help with curtailing the erroneous battle starts.
  • Options
    pirunapiruna ✭✭✭
    Only admirals or selected officers can start fights. If that's too restrictive make as requirement the approval of 2/3 officers. Done.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    As alternate, to manual control I wouldn’t mind seeing some form of schedule.

Either someone from the fleet could set a time when the next battle starts.
    Or the boss restarts at a fixed time every day (only if there’s no current battle for that difficulty running).
    Or the boss will start a fixed duration after the last one ends.

I think my Fleet can beat brutal but it would help a lot if we didn’t start for 6-9 hours after the last one so a couple valour can get banked.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone here who updates the Wiki planning to create a Boss Battle page with the rewards?
    Or can someone from WRG please post the rewards? @Shan ? Please?
    That might help with curtailing the erroneous battle starts.
    I cross-posted this to the Wiki edits thread at the link below. 🖖

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/694/wiki-edits-that-need-to-be-added#latest
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @~peregrine~
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    /\ Somebody keeps "recommending" a replicator ration module. I keep unreccing it and I'm not the only one. All our rooms are 8, 9, or maxed. I'm looking forward to finishing, just so this quits happening. The buffs are just gravy.
    So far only Normal is active. I think someone triggered it, but, as long as no one attacks, I'll take it.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Cpt dxCpt dx ✭✭✭
    One of my captains asked how spending dilithium reset. They understand 150, 150, 300, 500 for spending, but how does the purchasing get set back to 150? Midnight? 12 hours?.

Did you ever figure this out?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    /\ Somebody keeps "recommending" a replicator ration module. I keep unreccing it and I'm not the only one. All our rooms are 8, 9, or maxed. I'm looking forward to finishing, just so this quits happening. The buffs are just gravy.
    So far only Normal is active. I think someone triggered it, but, as long as no one attacks, I'll take it.

I think only officers/admiral can recommend rooms. Start demoting officers until you figure out who's doing it.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Ben addressed this in the Discord Q&A. He said, "we thought about locking but we felt like it could cause certain members of the fleet to be blocked if the admiral locked a lower difficulty and some members needed to play that difficulty to get bridge components."

For the third straight day our fleet made plans for a specific boss. This time we were essentially running a test of the Emergency Broadcast System, effectively practicing our ability to coordinate and test out new crew sorting methods. I have the screenshots to prove this (I will provide them if asked but to save time/space I will not include them) but at the time our operation began four things were true.

1. All SIX of our FBs were being attacked by various fleet members. All SIX.
    2. The one we were using for testing yesterday was the Brutal FB. Somebody (not sure who) "start"ed it 8 hours earlier so we began our attack with only 16 hours instead of 24.
    3. We had no reasonable chance to defeat the Brutal FB due to the timer. We had people coordinating from literally all over the world and we still managed to get it down to half, but it was pointless to push beyond that because we just didn't have enough time.
    4. Nobody else in the fleet had a reasonable chance to get rewards either because with all of their attacks spread out over all 6 FBs there was no reasonable expectation that any of them would be defeated.

And that is the core of the issue, without the ability for Admirals/officers to control what FBs the fleet are attacking, the entire Fleet Boss feature is pointless. You designed a feature that intentionally requires the entire fleet to work together, and you do not give us any methodology to accomplish that. This current system is complete anarchy in a feature that is supposed to promote unity and the most obvious solution (giving Admirals/officers the ability to lock FBs) was not implemented through a combination of fear and lack of trust.

So since the developers do not trust Admirals/officers to run their fleets, here is the solution I would suggest. Leave the FBs as they are, the default for every fleet is every FB the fleet has unlocked is the current free-for-all, anarchistic, uncoordinated feeding frenzy it already is, but you put in place an active locking system that permits Admirals/officer to manually lock FBs. This way, if people are in a fleet with absent leadership all the FBs will still be open, fleets with oppressive leadership will become clear and people unhappy will know they should find a different fleet, and the fleets with competent leadership will actually be able to lead effectively.

One other option(but less than ideal). Show who started the battle. Make it abundantly clear in the screen who it was. Then Admirals can talk to the person. If the person still refuses to listen, the Admiral can kick the person out of the fleet. Like Daily Missions, now that fleets know who is not completing their daily missions they can talk to the people and take action as necessary. But as long as the data was hidden there was no way for a fleet to manage their members.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 and very well said, @Bartleby Malfoy . 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    tyllanthortyllanthor ✭✭✭
    Some people mentioned unexpected loss of valor points. Maybe it is only a synchronization issue... (or something like that)
    I have the following experience. Chronologically:

1. Yesterday: The game displayed that full replenish of my valors should happen few minutes before the boss battle end. That is, today around 9:00 AM UTC.
    2. I stopped spending valors in order to reach maximum valors for next battle.
    3. Today, around 5:00 AM UTC: I started the game and I saw 4 valors. That was wrong because maximum of 4 valors should be reached around 9:00 AM UTC when the battle ends.
    4. Today, around 7:00 AM UTC: I started the game again and only 3 valors were displayed, which is correct. I think that game restart fixed the wrong number of valors.

I think that some reported lost valor points could be caused by this behavior.
    People could see wrong higher number of valors that was fixed later and they could think that they lost valors because of game error.
    Just an impression... Maybe the game client shows 4 valors by default if it cannot read current number of valors from server at the moment (because of network issues, for example).