Home The Bridge
Options

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    tytlaltytlal ✭✭✭
    I agree on the Node lockout..

well, on the other hand,routine of opening the boss,could scan a fleet crews, and replace solution crew, until someone has it, or is capable to retrieve it (but then again, thats more programming WRG is willing to do just for a fleet not failing the node,and loosing already invested time and resources)

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Feedback" on the FBB from the other thread:

AviTrek wrote: »
    Do I remember reading somewhere that level 20 was a perpetual open upgrade? Like the replicator room for starbases? So players can keep churning out portals even after fully upgrading their bridge?
    Do I remember reading somewhere that level 20 was a perpetual open upgrade? Like the replicator room for starbases? So players can keep churning out portals even after fully upgrading their bridge?

It's so lame, it's not even funny. 1? At this point give us a 10X

Now it's just about mining honour & unlocking nodesvu2ayv9qzun0.jpg
    tjiwlzpd0p6y.jpg
    9, 9, and 6? Wow. I assumed it was just 1. So you'd get one per battle. Those costs are crazy. You're right it's only worth the fight for the honor.

For 9/9/6 definitely should be a TEN PULL, That is a ridiculous amount of Materials for a SINGLE PULL
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, some players have already reached max? Nice!

It would also be nice if we could get some change soon for us smaller fleets that are stuck with our bridges and fighting brutal still... My unscientific impression is that we're doing less damage to brutal now than we did earlier (except when there's the free valor from the OE), perhaps because people are less motivated in attacking, or are just playing less in general now that the new shiny feature has become somewhat, well, meaningless.
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    You do not have to technically move fleets but rather just combine smaller fleets to amass one larger one
  • Options
    You do not have to technically move fleets but rather just combine smaller fleets to amass one larger one

i get that part of the reason that some people might not like this idea is that sometimes knowing you are the one making the decisions is a good thing. I know that in one Marvel game I play, it is much better to be the one starting a Group Boss Fight rather than joining one that might be "subpar". But, two Fleets that are "almost there" merging {and one leader being willing to stop being the leader} can work out great for advancing. Because theoretically, two "almost theres" might make one "Wow, look what we can do now!"
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to find a fleet of 14-15 people that would join us. We finished our first Nightmare this week but a lot of Dilithium was spent to do it.
  • Options
    Finally got me to come back to the forums. Our fleets are made of people, WRG. Humons. In a new feature that’s supposed to be fun navigating and progressing together as a team, I feel it shouldn’t turn into a worry for people's fleets to be broken up.

We're settled into UNM but will need to still have a bit of NM at the same time for those approaching bridge 13. Everyone’s being cool about it but I’m concerned. Many of us have been flying together for several years and don't want to just chuck each other out for being a few bridge levels apart.

And for the fleets who didn’t have the fortune of a full roster when FBB were released? No new fleets are allowed to develop because it’s been made impossible to advance in FBB from scratch? Our second base for example.

Sorry I still love STT but foresight has always been a thing. There are staff who play the game yeah?

I logged back in to peek at the STT Forums & saw which cards are in the next campaign. Got both existing imm'ed, so no reason for me to return until after Thanksgiving (USA), if ever.

TBH, I don't miss the game. At the end for me, all of the game-design decisions seemed trending towards whales (I am a dolphin) and their fleets (I've been in a few).

{salutes all of my Admirals}.

Couple that with the FBB mechanic that keeps sundering fleets, and ... to me, personally, that is bad game design. I lay the blame for that squarely at the feet of WRG Ben & the other developers, for not truly understanding how fleets work with a mix of game-play styles amongst players of different levels.

Y'all could have done so much better. I believed in you once, but now I choose to spend my time elsewhere.

Peace, out. ☯️
    Live long and prosper. 🖖
    ~peregrine~

Good to see ya! Please check in now and again, even if you stop playing!

Our Fleet is actually working well together. Sometimes someone from our Fleet will parse out exactly who is needed for a Node but they cannot do it either by not having the Crew or being locked out by already solving one. Sharing it with the Fleet allows others to hit the Node if they have the Crew and are open to attack. But, I can see it straining Fleets, as well.

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    ewvp08w3lstm.jpeg
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    what bridge level starts Ultimate Nightmare? Why don't have more message board control? Will there be new bosses in the future, even different kinds of bosses?
  • Options
    The bilitrium you earn from Ultra Nightmare is required from bridge level 13 onward. As for your question as long as your fleet has unlocked Ultra Nightmare any bridge level can participate.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info Seven Costanza
  • Options
    They've announced that there will be future bosses (I think they referred to it in terms of "seasons"), but that the previous ones will remain available if fleets want to continue to play them.
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've announced that there will be future bosses (I think they referred to it in terms of "seasons"), but that the previous ones will remain available if fleets want to continue to play them.

We could attack all the bosses who have come together in "A Piece of the Action" like Krako, Oxmyx, et al.
    Star-Trek-A-Piece-of-the-Action-3.jpg

• Options
    Any thoughts about sorting the traits alphabetically so they are easier to read?
  • Options
    RogaDanar wrote: »
    Any thoughts about sorting the traits alphabetically so they are easier to read?

And also not covering half the list when the Possibles list pops up. Ans not removing the list of Traits when you go to select a Crew for Nodes after the first one.

• Options
    Or how about locking out crew that have already been tried on nodes? You know, to save the wasted valor.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or how about locking out crew that have already been tried on nodes? You know, to save the wasted valor.

So then after the first person uses their best attack crew, those crew are locked out because they were "tried"?

Trying crew for a node is no different than running a battle. The game has no way to know what a player's intention was.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd settle for taking crew that had their traits taken by a completed node off the suggestions list. That's a big deal for us. That could easily reduce at list of twenty to one.
    With that glitch where the right crew doesn't always work the first time, I wouldn't lock them after one try.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options

So then after the first person uses their best attack crew, those crew are locked out because they were "tried"?

Trying crew for a node is no different than running a battle. The game has no way to know what a player's intention was.

No, perhaps i mispoke which caused the misunderstanding. Currently, in the node unlock screen, crew that are on voyages or shuttles are shown as unavailable, but if you go directly to attack screen you can still use them.

So, it would be quite nice if they first of all fixed the current glitch, and second of all, in the node unlock screen ONLY: make it so that crew that have been attempted by you or other fleet members are greyed out. Then, if you go to the attack screen you can still use whatever crew you may like.

Hopefully that is clear enough that you are able to understand what im suggesting. If i need to clarify it further for you, please let me know.
  • Options

Also, you are 100% correct that the game has no way to know a players intention. The game is not sentient.

However, the action of recording data from a player attempting to unlock a node with a specific crew is something that is already occurring, as evidenced on the node unlock screen when the crew icon is displayed of the correctly selected crew.
  • Options

I'd settle for taking crew that had their traits taken by a completed node off the suggestions list. That's a big deal for us. That could easily reduce at list of twenty to one.
    With that glitch where the right crew doesn't always work the first time, I wouldn't lock them after one try.

I don't see how this could work because you can get duplicate traits
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, you are 100% correct that the game has no way to know a players intention. The game is not sentient.

However, the action of recording data from a player attempting to unlock a node with a specific crew is something that is already occurring, as evidenced on the node unlock screen when the crew icon is displayed of the correctly selected crew.

Honestly, the node unlock screen is such a poorly designed screen. I'm convinced it causes more confusion in how nodes work than it helps. I never use the screen and wish they would just remove it.

I don't think you can really learn anything from people using that screen because half the users don't. And attacking from the main screen still counts towards unlocking nodes. The only thing that you know for sure is what crew took part in a specific battle.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see how this could work because you can get duplicate traits

But one copy on the trait would NOT be greyed out. If it took possibles from the ungreyed traits and not the entire pool, it would help considerably. Since the list covers the end of the pool, it is very easy to forget what traits under it are used or unused.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*