Home The Bridge
Options

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    I just want to say our fleet is regularly hitting 50-70% on Brutal so its nice getting slow progression on our bridge again. Thanks for that help.

So are we and it's great.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Given that organizing via in-game chat is like herding drunken cats and requiring players to use external means of communication constitutes work, one thing that would be extraordinarily helpful is if the roster algorithm would update after each player's runs. That way instead of having to hope my fleet mates see my posted message that I've already tried Bajoran Dukat, they simply wouldn't be able to pick him or any crew who could use the trait combinations that he satisfied.

That idea would result in less valor wasted by fleet members, more efficient boss battle node solves, and therefore less extra valor purchases.

It will never happen.
  • Options
    I would like to see the maximum valor raised to five or the minimum valor to buy halved (including price).
    I really really hate to lose the countdown if i'm forced to buy tickets to eliminate the boss as that often happens near halftime, or even worse, with just 30 mins left.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given that organizing via in-game chat is like herding drunken cats and requiring players to use external means of communication constitutes work, one thing that would be extraordinarily helpful is if the roster algorithm would update after each player's runs. That way instead of having to hope my fleet mates see my posted message that I've already tried Bajoran Dukat, they simply wouldn't be able to pick him or any crew who could use the trait combinations that he satisfied.

The issue is the game has no way of knowing what crew you used to try for a trait vs what crew you used for damage. The first person that plays uses Maco Mayweather, Demo Scotty, Dereth, and Reunion Spork. None of them match. Congrats, now no one else in the fleet can use them in the same battle because you've already tried them.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

The issue is the game has no way of knowing what crew you used to try for a trait vs what crew you used for damage. The first person that plays uses Maco Mayweather, Demo Scotty, Dereth, and Reunion Spork. None of them match. Congrats, now no one else in the fleet can use them in the same battle because you've already tried them.

It does not need to lock the player from using crew.

It just needs tk lock them from selecting crew on the node select screen.

Its the same as it already is when your crew is on a voyage or shuttle, its locked on the node screen, but on the attack screen you can still select them.

Ive explained this to you before. Let me know if you still dont get it, because this is a simple concept.

And I've explained that screen is stupid and causes more confusion than helps. Just like this. And they've already said those lock outs are bugs they're fixing. So why add another fake lock out.
  • Options

It does not need to lock the player from using crew.

It just needs tk lock them from selecting crew on the node select screen.

Its the same as it already is when your crew is on a voyage or shuttle, its locked on the node screen, but on the attack screen you can still select them.

Ive explained this to you before. Let me know if you still dont get it, because this is a simple concept.

And I've explained that screen is stupid and causes more confusion than helps. Just like this. And they've already said those lock outs are bugs they're fixing. So why add another fake lock out.

Theres a lot of things with the game that are stupid and confusing. This happens to be one that can be modified in a way to be beneficial.

Or you can just say “im glad wrg is choising not to address this issue”

• Options
    oops wrong page...
  • Options
    Ts Hair wrote: »
    Someone has probably already suggested, but I'll +1 the suggestion: please add the ability to see fleet members' bridge level so we can better manage FBB focus. Even if only visible to officers / Admiral, this would help a lot, especially since in-game chat is... not perfect.

Second suggestion: please increase the number of fleet chat lines visible before disappearing? Currently less than 12 I think? (do not know), and we use quite a bit during node unlocking. Seems a shame to need a third party app like discord for something so basic. Perhaps limit UC to 3 lines to allocate to fleet? (jk)
    Lastly, if not asking too much, perhaps make in game direct PMs save long enough so those messages sent to someone offline will be visible when they log back in? the "online" or "last online" does not seem to be 100% accurate.

thank you for consideration

We’ve asked our fleet members to put their bridge level in their names. It’s not working great, I’m not going to lie, because not enough fleet members have actually done it, but maybe it could work for your fleet 😀

jro2g0xzbup1.jpeg
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ts Hair wrote: »
    Someone has probably already suggested, but I'll +1 the suggestion: please add the ability to see fleet members' bridge level so we can better manage FBB focus. Even if only visible to officers / Admiral, this would help a lot, especially since in-game chat is... not perfect.

Second suggestion: please increase the number of fleet chat lines visible before disappearing? Currently less than 12 I think? (do not know), and we use quite a bit during node unlocking. Seems a shame to need a third party app like discord for something so basic. Perhaps limit UC to 3 lines to allocate to fleet? (jk)
    Lastly, if not asking too much, perhaps make in game direct PMs save long enough so those messages sent to someone offline will be visible when they log back in? the "online" or "last online" does not seem to be 100% accurate.

thank you for consideration

We’ve asked our fleet members to put their bridge level in their names. It’s not working great, I’m not going to lie, because not enough fleet members have actually done it, but maybe it could work for your fleet 😀

jro2g0xzbup1.jpeg

If you can ask your fleetmates to put their bridge level in their name and they respond to that, then they can respond to your message with their bridge level too. The problem is the flaky chat and fleet members who just aren't chatty even if they're active in the game. Making bridge level visible would be a great way to help this. Especially for fleets trying to help members with lower level bridges.
  • Options

Select for nodes from the Combo Chain screen. Assign for damage from the Attack screen. Easy peasy.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Select for nodes from the Combo Chain screen. Assign for damage from the Attack screen. Easy peasy.

Except crew from both count for matching traits. You can select crew from the attack screen and they will match traits. The trait matching is all done on the server based on crew on the battle. So are you now going to have the grey out behavior be different based on if a player used the attack or trait screen? If a member of your fleet happens to use the attack screen they'll have something different occur? Do you really want the behavior to be even more inconsistent? The next thing we'll see is posts complaining about crew not being greyed out despite someone on the fleet using them. The answer will be they were using the attack screen, but they never mentioned that to you so you don't know.

2 screens to pick crew for a battle is confusing enough. If you start changing behavior in each screen it'll be even more confusing and cause even more complaints and confusion.

It's all easy in your head when you know exactly what you intend to do. But trying to guess what others intended will never end well and will be a support nightmare.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone confirm how the damage done counter works? I was on 55. something million damage. Did 14.5 million damage, and now show 71 million damage. These numbers don't add up, unless I'm doing extra damage not counted on my battle end summary. Or the 71 million is wrong, and I am either just under/over 70 million, which is a clarification I would like to know...
  • Options
    Arnie wrote: »
    Can someone confirm how the damage done counter works? I was on 55. something million damage. Did 14.5 million damage, and now show 71 million damage. These numbers don't add up, unless I'm doing extra damage not counted on my battle end summary. Or the 71 million is wrong, and I am either just under/over 70 million, which is a clarification I would like to know...

I think what counts is what you see in the damage fleet rankings. Sometimes it's a bit higher and sometimes it's a bit lower than the number shown in the end-of-battle screen, but if it says 70 you'll get the rewards for 70.
  • Options
    @Shan
    I don’t believe that fbb battles count as skirmishes for daily requirement purposes. Arena does. Is there a reason for that distinction?
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been my life for months #HerdingCats

aod4wyj463dp.jpg
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »

aod4wyj463dp.jpg

I feel ya boss...I too am looking forward to v9.2.0! ;-) LL&P, JoeSage2
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »

aod4wyj463dp.jpg

Worf is every one of us admirals:
    lacqzqpinpyu.jpg
  • Options
    Will be the remaining items from the current boss available for the next one?