Home The Bridge
Options

Exclusive boimler for $50 usd

13»

Comments

• Options
    Boimler is in the list.

And the graphic, too. The question is, was that intentional or is it a mistake like it was when the Gauntlet exclusive Bartender Guinan was in the Bartender behold initially a few weeks ago?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    imdwalrus wrote: »
    Boimler is in the list.

And the graphic, too. The question is, was that intentional or is it a mistake like it was when the Gauntlet exclusive Bartender Guinan was in the Bartender behold initially a few weeks ago?

But then, suddenly, Guinan WAS a Bartender again two or three days later......
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, I wonder what percentage of active players have spent the money to get him. Before he was added, I was able to have all the crew 3 times due to late releases of next week’s crew.

Given the number of crew added in ways that you fight against the RNG, it’s just about impossible now for 100% ownership. I would only shell out the money if he was the last crew member needed at the moment to complete them all.

I wonder if he will be part of the next portal update and a new $50 crew is added although I can’t see it being a big money maker since it only makes sense to spend that type of money if you are a completist.
  • Options
    SILIKSILIK ✭✭✭
    I noticed he's not in the webstore any longer. I certainly did not shell out the $50 for 1 copy. Wondering if he will be added to the portal or in crew retrieval at some point ?
  • Options
    Going back to the original post announcing his introduction, he should become available prior to the Portal update if they stick to Shan's word, but it appears they are not. He is not in Crew Retrieval or available via gameplay according to his "profile".

I wonder if it WRG will go the same route and a new character at the same price will appear in the web store or perhaps they learned their lessen and go cheaper with real currency. The faction store seems to be more reasonable than the web store approach. I have to imagine the price tag caused a major flop. If anyone sees him in a pack or Dabo, please post.

bnkyadzt8e3t.jpg

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/19745/server-release-notes-2022-09-20-ev-suit-boimler-edition#latest

Greetings, Captains,

When we announced our webstore we hinted at various exclusive offers that will be only available there. It is the case today with the release of EV Suit Boimler!

If you are interested in acquiring this new version of Boimler, head over to the webstore (https://store.startrektimelines.com)!

This particular offer will be available for as long as EV Suit Boimler remains a limited crew, once he’s obtainable via Crew Retrieval/regular packs in the Time Portal, the offer will be removed from the webstore.

Changes made to the game today:
    - Fanboy Boimler now has the ‘Kazon’ trait
    - Azetbur is now known as Chancellor Azetbur

Thank you for playing,
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say this inconsistency on pricing has always bugged me, for example I currently have the offer 9.99 10 premium pulls + 1 citation purchasable about 4 or 5 times so just under £40 + the initial £50 to unlock the card you can have him immortal far cheaper.
    They're out of their Vulcan mind here.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Nancy, why hasn't EV Suit Boimler been added to the game yet?

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/19745/server-release-notes-2022-09-20-ev-suit-boimler-edition#latest

"This particular offer will be available for as long as EV Suit Boimler remains a limited crew, once he’s obtainable via Crew Retrieval/regular packs in the Time Portal, the offer will be removed from the webstore."

Well, he was removed from the store a couple of weeks ago and is not obtainable via Crew Retrieval/regular packs. It seems like he should be a "non-limited" crew member granted the wording in the announcement is somewhat grammatically different. He was either removed from the Web Store prematurely or is tardy being added to the game.
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    Next portal update I imagine
  • Options

"This particular offer will be available for as long as EV Suit Boimler remains a limited crew, once he’s obtainable via Crew Retrieval/regular packs in the Time Portal, the offer will be removed from the webstore."

Well, he was removed from the store a couple of weeks ago and is not obtainable via Crew Retrieval/regular packs. It seems like he should be a "non-limited" crew member granted the wording in the announcement is somewhat grammatically different. He was either removed from the Web Store prematurely or is tardy being added to the game.

You must be newer to the game. But new crew are added to the portal twice a year. Usually in June/July and January/February. They are also usually delayed. So if a new Gold was out in March, you will have to wait until next January/February for it to be added. I assume that they stopped selling him because they intend him to be available next January/February in the portal, with a potential to be a limited pull in next month when the Campaign focuses on EV suits. They may also surprise us and add him to June/July portal update.
  • Options

You must be newer to the game. But new crew are added to the portal twice a year. Usually in June/July and January/February. They are also usually delayed. So if a new Gold was out in March, you will have to wait until next January/February for it to be added. I assume that they stopped selling him because they intend him to be available next January/February in the portal, with a potential to be a limited pull in next month when the Campaign focuses on EV suits. They may also surprise us and add him to June/July portal update.

I’m aware of the rough portal update schedule. Based on the wording of the announcement, it seems like he was removed prematurely from the Web Store not that I had any intention of paying that price.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no schedule. They update the portal whenever they get around to it. The issue here was when the crew launched they said he would be purchasable until he was in the portal. Then he was removed from the store without the update adding him to the portal.
  • Options
    Hey, I'll check with the team to give you an estimated date.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, I'll check with the team to give you an estimated date.

Will that be a full portal update at the same time?
  • Options
    Hey! I've just checked with the team. I'm sorry, but I cannot share the official date at the moment. However, I can assure you that it will be happening soon!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey! I've just checked with the team. I'm sorry, but I cannot share the official date at the moment. However, I can assure you that it will be happening soon™️!

Fixed that for ya. 😉
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    I got him from the animated behold pack last week. That's kinda in the portal.
    eXo | Z•A•P•P