Home The Bridge
Options

Discord/Forums Exclusive STT State of the Game

Comments

• Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Has the dev team solved the “Hit AND Miss” bug? I have sent out four “sure hit” crew to see that three hit and one miss. Puzzled by this another fleet member uses my “missed” choice and it becomes a hit. This has happened to me five times and CS says that I am one of a “handful” of players to experience this. What is worse is thst after a “miss” we sdjust optimal crew according and after several subsequent bad results we have to waste even more valor reverse engineering the problem and it turns out to be the Hit AND Miss bug. The only workaround may be using a different platform.

It is not something that we have enough information on to be able to look into it especially since we have not received many reports about it.

If you and/or others have more details to provide, I would welcome them.
    Please start a thread in Engineering Room if that is the case. Thank you!

This definitely happens. I've only "for sure" seen it once, but in an ultra two days ago, Barry Waddle missed, and we were stuck on the chain for over an hour until someone tried Barry Waddle again and he hit.
  • Options
    Has the dev team solved the “Hit AND Miss” bug? I have sent out four “sure hit” crew to see that three hit and one miss. Puzzled by this another fleet member uses my “missed” choice and it becomes a hit. This has happened to me five times and CS says that I am one of a “handful” of players to experience this. What is worse is thst after a “miss” we sdjust optimal crew according and after several subsequent bad results we have to waste even more valor reverse engineering the problem and it turns out to be the Hit AND Miss bug. The only workaround may be using a different platform.

It is not something that we have enough information on to be able to look into it especially since we have not received many reports about it.

This definitely happens. I've only "for sure" seen it once, but in an ultra two days ago, Barry Waddle missed, and we were stuck on the chain for over an hour until someone tried Barry Waddle again and he hit.

This happened to me too and I opened a ticket and explained WRG what happened I felt I was just wasting my breath. I just let it go, almost believing that I probably did smth wrong
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    We've been making recommendations to our players to invest in ships with this ability and also recommending crew to chase in retrievals that maximized this ability since the Fleet Boss system was launched, and to learn now that it is being "fixed" feels like bait and switch. This is not a small issue.

The repair strategy is still the best tactic for FBB. It helps that most of the better repair crew are very good in other parts of the game. This change will require people to use very high health ships with 3xRepair plus one Attack crew. I would suggest everyone stop chasing TACO at this point. He's not as good as Scotty who's also free.

The problem now is that FBB is only sort of good at giving people the tools they need. Scotty is great in NM/UNM. Not so great before that. McCoy is also very good but his main advantage doesn't overlap very well with any ship in game. I would suggest that the Constellation's Position ability be given a matching cycle to McCoy. Other ships are still a problem. Outside of Arena getting new schematics are a pain and even Arena isn't that good at it. FBB should be giving out schematics as part of its prizes.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I share these sentiments but I am posting this on behalf of one of my fleet officers who is (to say the very least) upset about the announcement that the Damage Hull Reduction "bug" is being fixed. Several years ago when this "bug" was first widely utilized with the Proton ship in Arena and members of this forum brought it to the attention of everyone the official word was that there was no problem and that things were working as intended. Then Fleet Bosses come along and once again it was an open secret that "bug" was being used by players to defeat the boss and nothing was said or done. Heck, the ship schematics we are receiving from upgrading our Captain Bridges (U.S.S. Constellation NCC-1017) has a 40% Damage Hull Reduction ability built into it, that more than anything seemed to reinforce the idea from the playerbase that the company was aware of the "bug" and fully in support of it. Why would WRG give us a new ship with this ability if they didn't want us using it?

We've been making recommendations to our players to invest in ships with this ability and also recommending crew to chase in retrievals that maximized this ability since the Fleet Boss system was launched, and to learn now that it is being "fixed" feels like bait and switch. This is not a small issue.

I'll add that WRG rushed to change the trait matching to be a specific crew. The reason we were given was if they waited it would become a problem because players had an expectation of it working the old way.

Now there is an bug that has long pre-dated FBB. FBB has been live for 6 months with this bug. And now when players built entire strategies around using the ships it's being changed.

Why is this not a case of breaking expectations that have been allowed to form over 6 months?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    When looking at bugs and their potential impacts there is no " one fits all cases" formula.
    Likewise when said impacts change due to changes in the game, reassessing might be needed.

This is the case here. and yes it would have been best to have realized this, and have a fix in place, before FBB was released.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I note some of the comments here and will politely disagree. Specifically, I like Maco Mayweather more than Scotty for this. For me, Mayweather gives much more consistent results. I like the consistency better than the chance at higher scores. In any case, my personal experiments show similar averages. In fairness, my Mayweather is immortalized and Scotty is only 3/5.

For those still on Nightmare, I have found that with the USS Constellation I can run my two immortalized Dereths and Mayweather and Scotty and do very well.

But I recently swapped Scotty for the new President What's-Her-Face. Her rating is slightly less, but her cycle time is much better. I got 45 million (a fluke, I suppose since I usually get about 25 million) on one battle in Nightmare. President What's-Her-Face fills the engineering spot and adds accuracy to my Dereth/Mayweather setup.

This setup doesn't always work in Ultra, but I usually use Laborer Kirk there.
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    FBB should be giving out schematics as part of its prizes.

Agreed!

• Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I note some of the comments here and will politely disagree. Specifically, I like Maco Mayweather more than Scotty for this. For me, Mayweather gives much more consistent results. I like the consistency better than the chance at higher scores. In any case, my personal experiments show similar averages. In fairness, my Mayweather is immortalized and Scotty is only 3/5.

The entire point of Scotty is that he’s a +10 ATK crew with a healthy bonus on top of that. TACO is the only crew in game that can get away with not having a +10 ATK. Even then he’s better off being a second banana.

Here’s a sample battle on UNM using the Keldon with Scotty/Vindicta/Dereth/Kirk. The chain has a small +800 crit rating. I didn’t use the Constellation because it requires a small CDR bonus to use optimally. Yes, I have a L20 bridge although this works just as well at a much smaller bridge level.
    mximvyi4ebh1.png
    I’ve done much higher with the same setup.

PS T’Rina is very good but accuracy is not required for the current boss battle. Her biggest advantage is that her cycle matches Vindicta. On manual, her cycle matches TACO. If the combo chain gives you enough damage reduction she’s a very good 3rd seat.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options

I had this issue a couple of days ago and opened a ticket 626443 and was told that the issue is something you are are aware of and is being investigated, can you please confirm that this is the case?

I provided full details including date/time/chain/node with json and crew involved.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Fleet has had the same problem as others with I crew not "taking" the first time and needing to be run again. I don't recall details, but I know we had it. I Re-ran my whiteboard to make sure I hadn't messed up my recommendations even. A Euro player just getting up ran them without checking chat and unlocked it. I remember that much distinctly.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

I had this issue a couple of days ago and opened a ticket 626443 and was told that the issue is something you are are aware of and is being investigated, can you please confirm that this is the case?

I provided full details including date/time/chain/node with json and crew involved.

At this stage the investigation is at the Player Support stage where we gather as much information as we can.
  • Options
    Should we take this as an indication that we should keep an eye out for this glitch, so we can supply you with as much current data as possible? I'm more than willing to do that. Can we all agree that working together to deal with an issue is the easiest and fast way?
    We're the field testers really. WRG has the full data, but we're dealing with it and can focus them on specific parts. I can understand glitches and will happily provide data, if I can, in hopes of getting it fixed.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any ETA on 9.2?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Is there any ETA on 9.2?

We intended to start the release process this week, but due to the discovery of additional bugs, we had to postpone.

We're hoping to be able to start releasing next week.
  • Options
    Hi! Any news on the release date yet?
    Interested in being part of the TLA fun?
  • Options
    [TLA] 84wb wrote: »
    Hi! Any news on the release date yet?

a6tk3hlqbb03.jpg

that’s sooner than expected! I thought it was going to be Febuary 30th :wink:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    So we have been at 49 members for abit, moving people around between fleets. Today, I decide to let a person in to fill out the ranks. What do they do? Thats right, immediately starts all the non-active boss fights including the UNM one we have scheduled daily at 7pm. WHEN can we expect the update to go live? Can someone answer that? Please?

Yuck, and I thought it was bad enough bouncing back and forth between Brutal and Nightmare as people hit the 9 wall.
  • Options
    As stated here https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/20039/9-2-0-update-mega-tease-community Version 9.2.0 was planned for mid-end Feb. I guess that won't hold either. Is there a new ETA that you can share with us @WRG Ben ? Thanks!
    Interested in being part of the TLA fun?
  • Options
    [TLA] 84wb wrote: »
    As stated here https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/20039/9-2-0-update-mega-tease-community Version 9.2.0 was planned for mid-end Feb. I guess that won't hold either. Is there a new ETA that you can share with us @WRG Ben ? Thanks!

Also would be nice to know if the new 9.2.0 update which has been delayed in order for wrg to get their ducks in a row will resolve the display issue that is making my ships become transparent.
  • Options
    It's frustrating not to know, but I'd rather have Ben working on updates rather than talking about them. For the foreseeable future, I think we'll need to be more patient. I'm sure Ben is missing Shan even more than we are.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    It's frustrating not to know, but I'd rather have Ben working on updates rather than talking about them. For the foreseeable future, I think we'll need to be more patient. I'm sure Ben is missing Shan even more than we are.

It takes 60 seconds to type a reply to say, "We said mid to late February. We are passed mid-Feb so now looking at last week of the month."

Considering this issue seems to one of the top 2 or 3 over the last 6 months, and the last update on this issue was 3 weeks ago, I don't think it is inappropriate to ask for an update on where we are now.

This please.
  • Options
    Hard to get updates out when half the staff is laid off.
  • Options
    Hard to get updates out when half the staff is laid off.

And once again the community finds out news before they tell us.