Home The Bridge
Options

New Dilemmas?

Ben announced that today we would be getting 5 new dilemmas. Has anyone gotten any of them? Rewards for option? I am trying to determine if I go on a long run after the next Faction event and possible best options.

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ben announced that today we would be getting 5 new dilemmas. Has anyone gotten any of them? Rewards for option? I am trying to determine if I go on a long run after the next Faction event and possible best options.

Would have probably gone live with the Update. I'm approaching the ten hour Dilemma, so I don't think will have any this Voyage.

If I do, I will post. I'll check now. Might be at the Dilemma now.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Here is one
    8nyb2xehr1dm.png
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is one
    8nyb2xehr1dm.png
    Here is one
    8nyb2xehr1dm.png

What was the reward?
  • Options
    Wonder if that one is part of a "chain". Feels "Substance"-y.

I got "What Smiles May Hide", so no new ones.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is one
    8nyb2xehr1dm.png
    I love the crew for each choice🙂
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Five new Dilemmas at twelve plus hours, with increased chance to give a BeGold of G. I. Cho, Black, or the new Chapel.

bobswuscvs65.png

guhpdblddtap.png
    wldd7vj5h7ta.png
    kexwmdg138jo.png
    1tqh1yt3gtey.png

• Options

They are all "standalone" dilemmas, so no chains.
  • Options

They are all "standalone" dilemmas, so no chains.

Yeah. The notice was a little behind the Update.

I think we can forgive that happening one time....

🤠😂🤠😂🤠
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far the Wiki has two of the 5. The other is Reality Unwound. (working on getting the other 3 so I can update the DNA spreadsheet).
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Here is one
    8nyb2xehr1dm.png

Which Option, and what Reward? For the data collecting for the Wiki......
  • Options
    Tygra DaxTygra Dax ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    I have added basic information for all 5 new dilemmas to the wiki. Most need some additional information, like the result text of some choices and the exact rewards.

They are:
    1. A Tense Temporal Conundrum
    2. Dangerous Whispers
    3. Lost Among the Stars
    4. Mystery Haul
    5. Reality Unwound

Choice A seems to give the best rewards for all of them (4* crew member (*) instead of 500 Honor or 900 Merits).

(*) In theory, it’s probably 2% chance of a 5* Behold, 10% chance of a 4* Behold etc.
  • Options
    Tygra Dax wrote: »
    I have added basic information for all 5 new dilemmas to the wiki. Most need some additional information, like the result text of some choices and the exact rewards.

They are:
    2. Dangerous Whispers
    3. Lost Among the Stars
    4. Mystery Haul
    5. Reality Unwound

Choice A seems to give the best rewards for all of them (4* crew member (*) instead of 500 Honor or 900 Merits).

(*) In theory, it’s probably 2% chance of a 5* Behold, 10% chance of a 4* Behold etc.

With the doubled odds, it is probably also a 10% chance of being cheated with rations.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Increased chance" is good. But before we get too excited, remember that that change is from 1% to 2%. I hope they'll forgive me for laughing and not paying to work harder.

Correct. This is not an improvement, this is actually a step backward dressed up with fancy lights and a catchy tune to distract us. Read the fine print..."standalone dilemmas that can be encountered at and after the 12 hour mark which have increased odds of dropping the 5-star jackpot behold with the right resolution of the dilemma."

Right now we have a 1% chance at this "jackpot" with only 2 options (Chakotay and Black) but now we have to extend voyages beyond 12 hours (a lot of people are hitting 12 hours regularly now so that is one chance a day but to go for this on purpose will require extending voyages) to get a dilemma that we STILL might mess up by picking the "wrong" resolution and even if we luck into the "right" resolution we have a 2% chance of hitting the "jackpot" which now includes a further diluted field of options (Chakotay, Black, and now Chapel).

This is essentially giving us all a nicer parking space but changing the entry door to the one in the back of the building.
  • Options

They are:
    2. Dangerous Whispers
    3. Lost Among the Stars
    4. Mystery Haul
    5. Reality Unwound

With the doubled odds, it is probably also a 10% chance of being cheated with rations.

But, we will get ten instead of five!!!!!
    😁😁😁😁
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    "Increased chance" is good. But before we get too excited, remember that that change is from 1% to 2%. I hope they'll forgive me for laughing and not paying to work harder.

Correct. This is not an improvement, this is actually a step backward dressed up with fancy lights and a catchy tune to distract us. Read the fine print..."standalone dilemmas that can be encountered at and after the 12 hour mark which have increased odds of dropping the 5-star jackpot behold with the right resolution of the dilemma."

Right now we have a 1% chance at this "jackpot" with only 2 options (Chakotay and Black) but now we have to extend voyages beyond 12 hours (a lot of people are hitting 12 hours regularly now so that is one chance a day but to go for this on purpose will require extending voyages) to get a dilemma that we STILL might mess up by picking the "wrong" resolution and even if we luck into the "right" resolution we have a 2% chance of hitting the "jackpot" which now includes a further diluted field of options (Chakotay, Black, and now Chapel).

This is essentially giving us all a nicer parking space but changing the entry door to the one in the back of the building.

Wrong. We still have 1% chance of hitting the "jackpot" beyond 6 hours, for previously existing dilemmas, with an addition of 5 new ones which may occur on 12h and beyond where you have doubled chance to hit the "jackpot". So noting taken, just new subset added to existing ones which is nice for those hitting 12h regularly.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it something like 1% for choice A, and 2% for choice B, or 0% for A and 2% for B. Because if it is the latter then we only have a 1% chance if we don't know which is the "right" choice, and 0.667% for a 3 choice dilemma.

I was looking at doing another long voyage, but this puts me off.

I quick look at the wiki, I could make guesses, but that's all they are.

A temporal conundrum: A.
    Dangerous whispers: B or C.
    Lost among the stars: A.
    Mystery Haul: A.
    Reality Unwound: A.

• Options
    WHERE are y'all seeing them on the Wiki?!?!?

I do not see ANY of the new ones in the list.....

• Options

Is it something like 1% for choice A, and 2% for choice B, or 0% for A and 2% for B. Because if it is the latter then we only have a 1% chance if we don't know which is the "right" choice, and 0.667% for a 3 choice dilemma.

I was looking at doing another long voyage, but this puts me off.

I quick look at the wiki, I could make guesses, but that's all they are.

A temporal conundrum: A.
    Dangerous whispers: B or C.
    Lost among the stars: A.
    Mystery Haul: A.
    Reality Unwound: A.

It's always a 0% chance for the choice or choices that do not drop the Voyage Crew.

Unless they did something new, and ANY Choice can drop the Voyage Crew.
  • Options
    I want to be very careful and precise about how I ask this next question since I have been a bit sarcastic in places and was officially warned not to be mean to the game makers. I will point out that I apologized before I saw the official censure.

So here is the question that is a real question without sarcasm or meaness to the game makers.

Will these new dilemmas also drop at 5% or at any percent the replicator rations?
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's always the chance to hit them earlier in a dilemma. I'm pretty sure I hit Black in an early single part dilemma and I have a fairly new player in my fleet that has Black and doesn't do well on Voyages yet. He didn't even know he was a big deal and he had him before I did.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    I’m doing an extra long voyage right now.

Got my first new dilemma at 12h:
    A Tense Temporal Conundrum.
    Picked Choice “A” and got a 4* Behold plus Chrons and Honour.

I plan on hitting every two parter and skipping both 3 parters.

At worst it’s just 5 new dilemmas that give 4* crew. This isn’t horrible. It dilutes the chances of getting a common dilemma at the 12h mark which is what it’s going to be most of the time.

Edit:
    18h - Reality Unwound. Chose “C”. 900 merits, 100 honour, 75 Chrons
    22h - Lost Among The Stars. Chose "A" 4*, 100 honour, 75 Chrons
    26h - Dangerous Whispers. Chose "B" Think it was 500 bonus honour (or 600) plus 100 extra and 75 chrons.
    46h - Mystery Haul. Chose "A" 4*, 100 honour, 75 Chrons

Recalling. Also got at least 4 of the SR dilemmas and 3 of the 2 part crew dilemmas.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    I want to be very careful and precise about how I ask this next question since I have been a bit sarcastic in places and was officially warned not to be mean to the game makers. I will point out that I apologized before I saw the official censure.

So here is the question that is a real question without sarcasm or meaness to the game makers.

Will these new dilemmas also drop at 5% or at any percent the replicator rations?

I think Tyrion Lannister had an excellent point about those who rip out tongues.

I understand your frustrations with the Replicator drops. Especially when we are competing for at least one Limited Access Crew that is often AT LEAST 25% in Gauntlet, and even more often 45% or 65%. Getting five Replicator Rations stinks in comparison to that. And I am saying that as someone who uses the bleeding things.

Maybe you said it in a way that upset the powers that be.

That does not dispel the underlying point.......

• Options
    Just got the „Lost among the stars“ dilemma. I choose option A, got a random 4*
  • Options
    Here is one
    8nyb2xehr1dm.png

I’ve posted the three new dilemmas I’ve got with choices and rewards on the wiki page of timelines discord. This one was choice A, straight purple
  • Options
    Here is one
    8nyb2xehr1dm.png

I’ve posted the three new dilemmas I’ve got with choices and rewards on the wiki page of timelines discord. This one was choice A, straight purple

I guess the other Wiki just got abandoned......
  • Options
    Choice A. Straight drop Dahar Master Kor.

9itd3ohwbt3k.png
    yoqjmaf1zhdy.png
  • Options
    Loretta {PoF}Loretta {PoF} ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Chose A at Tensa temporal conundrum and got a random 4*
  • Options

I tried to register at the wiki, but got error message (Permission error). Found another link, but it refered to MainWiki.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    lyvna0ww5o7s.jpg
    031y841y4gmo.jpg

Choice A