Home The Bridge
Options

New Dilemmas?

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank? wrote: »
    Why do you call her baby doll? That's weird. I'll be the one in the group to call it out.

Because she is gorgeous?

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you call her baby doll? That's weird. I'll be the one in the group to call it out.

Because she is gorgeous?

For someone who made a big deal about a Trill and compared it to sexual assault, maybe you should be referring to female characters with more respect too.
  • Options

I’ve thought so too.
  • Options
    Then I will stop.

Apologies to everyone.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    If Jess Bush appeared in front of you right now, would you call her baby doll to her face?
    No.

Don't apologize, just be better.

I think I said I would stop.

But, I will stop even more.

• Options
    Well, I think this is a natural stopping point for this thread. Given that it's been clear for months that the new dilemmas all require a leftmost choice to have a chance at a Legendary Behold, and the older dilemmas can be any choice.

Also, it was beautiful to see someone learn the definition of irony.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only got the new dilemmas 2 or 3 times. I've never had a behold from them, let alone a begold. I've received 4 4* beholds to 19 sets of rations. This all despite 12 hour voyages being the norm for me.

I'm not convinced the first choice is always best. But since I can't get the dilemmas, I guess I don't know. It is just that the first choice has never worked for me.
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Discord, which is a real game community, not the tumbleweed-filled ghost town of a forum that this place is now, players have done thorough data collection and concluded the leftmost option is the only one that can deliver a Legendary Behold.
  • Options
    In Discord, which is a real game community, not the tumbleweed-filled ghost town of a forum that this place is now, players have done thorough data collection and concluded the leftmost option is the only one that can deliver a Legendary Behold.

Good to know. Thank you.
  • Options
    edited February 7
    Well, I think this is a natural stopping point for this thread. Given that it's been clear for months that the new dilemmas all require a leftmost choice to have a chance at a Legendary Behold, and the older dilemmas can be any choice.

Also, it was beautiful to see someone learn the definition of irony.

Also nice for yet another "clone" to make a "Guess" account to join the dogpile.

"Anyone can lose gracefully. It's much more important to win gracefully." -James Tiberius Kirk

Everyone have a nice day.

I'll be leaving the cesspit now.....

EDIT: My absolute favorite part had to be being compared to a repeat RAPIST......

• Options
    Riker's islan{DD}Riker's islan{DD} ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 7
    I've only got the new dilemmas 2 or 3 times. I've never had a behold from them, let alone a begold. I've received 4 4* beholds to 19 sets of rations. This all despite 12 hour voyages being the norm for me.

I'm not convinced the first choice is always best. But since I can't get the dilemmas, I guess I don't know. It is just that the first choice has never worked for me.

check the wiki - the dilemmas & results were updated months ago after data input from lots of players.
  • Options
    edited February 7
    Then I will stop.
    Apologies to everyone.

Also nice for yet another "clone" to make a "Guess" account to join the dogpile.
    "Anyone can lose gracefully. It's much more important to win gracefully." -James Tiberius Kirk

EDIT: My absolute favorite part had to be being compared to a repeat RAPIST......

so "I'll stop" , followed by "I'll stop even more", followed by "one last comment to name-call / try to shame everyone else", followed by "EDIT - try to get the last word in" is your way of stopping? I wonder what you are like when you actually stop

• Options
    Then I will stop.
    Apologies to everyone.

so "I'll stop" , followed by "I'll stop even more", followed by "one last comment to name-call / try to shame everyone else", followed by "EDIT - try to get the last word in" is your way of stopping? I wonder what you are like when you actually stop

Well, then. Since some people apparently do not have English as a first language, let my last post on the Forums be to ask you to point to ONE post where I called Chapel the other thing after I said TWICE I would not.

HAVE A NICE DAY.

RIMFF
  • Options
    edited February 7
    Well, then. Since some people apparently do not have English as a first language, let my last post on the Forums be to ask you to point to ONE post where I called Chapel the other thing after I said TWICE I would not.

HAVE A NICE DAY.

RIMFF

1. No need to shout, but thank you, I fully intend on having a nice day. I hope you enjoy your day as well.

2. English is not my first language, its my third out of five - but I was not initially judging or calling you out for your monolinguistic restrictions.

3. You might want to try following your signature slogan a bit more

4. lastly, thogy0fi31t2.jpg
  • Options
    If a player is rebuked for something and responds twice with a gracious acknowledgement of the rebuke and a promise to change, can't we just let it go? Otherwise, continued rebuke will make the first player lash out and then the players will have hard feelings against each other.

Thus same pattern has repeated time and time again. I'm sure I've been part of it. But let's stop and be a community. Please.
  • Options
    edited February 7
    If a player is rebuked for something and responds twice with a gracious acknowledgement of the rebuke and a promise to change, can't we just let it go? Otherwise, continued rebuke will make the first player lash out and then the players will have hard feelings against each other.

Thus same pattern has repeated time and time again. I'm sure I've been part of it. But let's stop and be a community. Please.

I agree with you on the sentiment of this message, but lets be clear about something:

I was not rebuking them on the orignal point, simply observing that after being called out (for lack of a better phrase), and correctly accepting it, the poster returned yet again with sarcasam and a further attempted to denigrate other forums users.

In response to being called out again, they were passive-aggressive, insuiating that one's ability to speak a certain language is somehow a sign of superiorty and signed off with a tonally & contextually insulting five letter acronym.

So yeah....sorry, not sorry.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 7
    The list of possible rewards for the one choice that gives double the chance for a Begold is the left most choice.

Scott got one in this thread that was not the left most choice. I believe he was right that the other choices have a non doubled chance to get a Begold. Which was something I suspected.

Scott also only used the offending 'Baby doll' once. People complained that she is not a 'baby doll' and he said he would stop. He has not used the offending 'baby doll' comment again.

I am glad those that are commenting against Scott, have never used such an offending comment in their life, so that they have the right to comment against Scott's using the offending 'baby doll' comment.

• Options
    I don’t think any of this is really that serious and I hope people don’t leave the forum.
  • Options
    edited February 7
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Scott also only used the offending 'Baby doll' once. People complained that she is not a 'baby doll' and he said he would stop. He has not used the offending 'baby doll' comment again.

I am glad those that are commenting against Scott, have never used such an offending comment in their life, so that they have the right to comment against Scott's using the offending 'baby doll' comment.

Scott has referred to Jess Bush/Christine Chapel as "baby doll" on more than one occasion. A cursory search for "baby doll" turns this up.

i0lzcwcgsz3w.png

As to the whataboutism, this is not about hypothetical behavior by others. This is about Scott's documented and repeated behavior.

• Options
    I don’t think any of this is really that serious and I hope people don’t leave the forum.

Frank's point is that Scott's behavior has already caused this forum to become a ghost town, with basically only him and a few other reprobates left posting regularly. People might come back if he left and never returned.
  • Options

Frank's point is that Scott's behavior has already caused this forum to become a ghost town, with basically only him and a few other reprobates left posting regularly. People might come back if he left and never returned.

I guess I haven’t been here long enough to have seen the behavior referenced. I’m used to message boards and forums having their fair share of annoying posts. Maybe the Discord is nirvana?
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew ✭✭✭
    It is a nice place. If I had time for the engagement, I'd be a lot more active there.

I just take here to be the 'official' spot, at least in regard to getting feedback to the devs. That's why I came in, and monitor the posts now.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting for the forum to "heal thyself"....
    5vluyg6yza6c.jpg
    :o:D
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    The forums still exist as any social media outlet does - some people just prefer it. Some people only get their game information here. Some people don't like to change habits. Some people don't want to interact with the community any more than this. No matter what the case is, it's perfectly OK to make this place your primary home.

I wish there was a tool/product that was a meld of discord + forums. I can go to a forum and self select narrow(ish) topics I'm interested in (which is why I still come here). A discord channel is more like one room with a generic topic, which is far different. If I'm looking for something fairly specific, discord **tsk tsk** because I have to wade through so many conversations I'm not interested in and I'm never sure how far to scroll back. It's also not good for looking at the history of a narrow(ish) topic. The forum isn't good for more of a stream of consciousness conversation touching on multiple subjects together. Not sure how you combine the concepts of discord + forums in a good way... maybe keep discord but add in ai to try and detect forum-style topics to pseudo-organize conversations into?
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can create threads out of posts on Discord, that turns them into sort of like forum topics. But you need permission to do it, which means you need to be an admin or to have been granted that permission by an admin.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for the always-left-option advice, all! Got it at 12 hours with the physician-from-the-past dilemma! 7w4jw8hpm6kl.png
  • Options
    Say the line, Bart!