Home The Bridge

Key information about next week’s event: First Impressions - 10/12

SMMSMM ✭✭✭
Dear Shan,

Every week you create a post like this.

"Bonus crew: The featured event crew + T'Kuvma will provide the best bonuses, but all versions of event crew + non featured Discovery crew and Augments crew will provide some."

And every week you get, "Is so-and-so included?", "Who are such-and-such crew?".

Every Week I am astounded. Why not list the crew? It would make me very happy to know the reason why they are not listed.

Why not have an "event crew" filter in the crew roster?
Why not have the text "Bonus x2" or "Bonus x3" overlaid on the crew member in the Cryostatus Vault?

There are thousands of pointless posts that you have to read, that I have to read, that everyone has to read, that none of us want to read.

This post is not primarily a request for changes but rather a request for the reason why the changes, or their like, have not been implemented. If we understand it will reduce many people's frustration.

Thanks

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take last week for instance. If they announced the crew before the show aired they would have given away the fact that Saru became a first officer. They can't reveal show spoilers.
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    Take last week for instance. If they announced the crew before the show aired they would have given away the fact that Saru became a first officer. They can't reveal show spoilers.

This is not relevant. I am not talking about crew that have not yet been revealed, or not yet visible within the game. I am talking about announcements where crew have been determined.
  • Take last week for instance. If they announced the crew before the show aired they would have given away the fact that Saru became a first officer. They can't reveal show spoilers.

those are lame excuses.

It's actually quite simple: they do not release the new main crew's names and stars, but they can release the variants. for example, last week :Georgiou, Saru and Janeway; no rank, no nickname, no stars.

This way, we would have time to upgrade the characters. But it's too complicated!
    Ah I see. I read it more closely. You mean you want, say, the individual augments that give bonuses listed rather than twenty questions about so and so, are they a bonus too?
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    "This way, we would have time to upgrade the characters."

It is not about revealing characters, it is about identifying the crew when a general descriptions are given.

For example is "Katra McCoy" a variant of Spock.
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    An example might be; Lets say there was a Hologram Bashir. Would he be an augment? Probably not because he is a hologram. Sure the traits can be checked but the possibility may not have occurred to many people. If he is not, people might assume that he is and level him.

Just list the crew and there are no debates or mistakes.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    All I do is enter the trait in the search. For the coming week, I entered augment. This gave me all crew I have with augment trait or augment in their name.

However, I cannot do this in cryo. So this again leads to us needing features in cryo to search it.
    lnbbe7kj5yxl.png

those are lame excuses.

It's actually quite simple: they do not release the new main crew's names and stars, but they can release the variants. for example, last week :Georgiou, Saru and Janeway; no rank, no nickname, no stars.

This way, we would have time to upgrade the characters. But it's too complicated!

Shan did that. She said start leveling up your Janeway's and Saru's.

• WaldoMag wrote: »
    All I do is enter the trait in the search. For the coming week, I entered augment. This gave me all crew I have with augment trait or augment in their name.

However, I cannot do this in cryo. So this again leads to us needing features in cryo to search it.
    lnbbe7kj5yxl.png

You can use the Ctrl+F feature in your browser when on the wiki page. Far from ideal but at least you get to see who's useful and who's not.

(I know DB should add extra features, but with the current CS response time of 2 weeks(!!!!) I'm hoping they add nothing and start bothering to code and test properly before new features are added)
    ~|~|~ Rise of the Phoenix member ~|~|~

Captain level 50, approaching 100 immortals

All you need to know about Disruptor Beam
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    There is a list of Augments in the wiki. Shan's posts are just fine and explain all of the bonus characters in a suitable way.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Category:Augment
  • MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    I really don't think it's too much to ask that they let us know who the none Discovery crew are.
  • SMM wrote: »
    "Bonus crew: The featured event crew + T'Kuvma will provide the best bonuses, but all versions of event crew + non featured Discovery crew and Augments crew will provide some."

This line turned out to be false - T'Kuvma does not provide best bonus. I'd say Shan's post wasn't exactly fine, and explained at least one of the bonuses incorrectly, although it's probably not her fault she works with lazy incompetents.
    ~|~|~ Rise of the Phoenix member ~|~|~

Captain level 50, approaching 100 immortals

All you need to know about Disruptor Beam
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Shan,

I think we would really appreciate knowing whether any existing characters will be included and if so, who they are.

We certainly understand the problems with CBS and if the event is entirely comprised of new Discovery characters then you can just leave it at that.

Thank you
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

However there is no trait for Defiant crew.

Yes we all look for workarounds. Why not make it unambiguous. List the crew.
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »
    There is a list of Augments in the wiki. Shan's posts are just fine and explain all of the bonus characters in a suitable way.

Until you mentioned it I didn't know there was a wiki for Augments. Who updates it? Who maintains it? Shan's posts are not just fine and do not explain all of the bonus characters in a suitable way. Which are 2x and which are 3x. I know but a noob might not.

Is there a wiki post for Defiant crew? The question is rhetorical and should be redundant.

Grant, unfortunately others do not know what you and I know. Others know what we don't.

So why not just list the crew so that there is no ambiguity.
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    Shan,
    We certainly understand the problems with CBS and if the event is entirely comprised of new Discovery characters then you can just leave it at that.

Not relevant. Lists of crew should be considered as being drafts or notices that refinements or additions may occur included. In other words standard disclaimer text against the "But you said ... " posts.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    SMM wrote: »

Until you mentioned it I didn't know there was a wiki for Augments. Who updates it? Who maintains it? Shan's posts are not just fine and do not explain all of the bonus characters in a suitable way. Which are 2x and which are 3x. I know but a noob might not.

Is there a wiki post for Defiant crew? The question is rhetorical and should be redundant.

Grant, unfortunately others do not know what you and I know. Others know what we don't.

So why not just list the crew so that there is no ambiguity.

The players update and maintain the wiki. I don't think it is too much to ask for players to go there on their own, but that's just my opinion.
    Right? It took me about 45 seconds to figure out I have two augments. Not everything in life is spoon fed to you while you just sit there and open your mouth.
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Right? It took me about 45 seconds to figure out I have two augments. Not everything in life is spoon fed to you while you just sit there and open your mouth.

You're not wrong, but I don't think OP is necessarily complaining about wanting already-available information made easier to get. It's about the things we can't search for, like as mentioned above whether Katra McCoy counts as Spock. Or if and when Yar counts as Sela, or recently the long delay of finding out whether or not B'elana would count as Miral. This stuff won't be linked to any in-game information anywhere, and won't be on the wiki (unless it's an event repeat). There's just no way for us to know for sure what the Devs decide about these ambiguities without them telling us, which having a full list of event crew would help to alleviate.
  • DB don't explain anything. It's up to the players to figure stuff out. And, I'll admit, I'm still confused about which character drops and when. And what their stats are gonna be. I basically have to wait for the event to start before I know whether I want to buy an event pack or not. And I really don't need another Persis cadet drop lol. I didn't even know events were announced a week in advance til a few weeks ago. No wonder I never did any good in them. A bit of info is better than none, it's a funny old game this one!
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    The players update and maintain the wiki. I don't think it is too much to ask for players to go there on their own, but that's just my opinion.[/quote]

The players update the wiki. YES YES YES. DB does not update the wiki and the players are not telepathic. I would be happy to consult a wiki if updated by DB and refered to in the notification post.

Grant, your comments do not make sense. Think before you post.
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭

Others might not be as knowledgable or savey as you. It took me less time to find my augments. So what?

In Britain, laws are not published. The government thought that spoon feeding the public was a bad idea. We just guess the laws and mistakes don't really matter in the scheme of things. Lawyers are however a bit better at guessing that the average layperson.
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    Below are my fully equipped (lvl 100) legendary crew.
    Borg Queen
    Kortar
    Locutus of Borg
    The Professor
    23rd Century Martok
    Captain Nog
    Obsidian Order Garak
    Captain Sisko
    Klingon Bride Jadzia
    Lt Commander Jadzia Dax
    Delta Flyer Paris
    Will Scarlett
    Tempted Data
    Age of Sail Crusher
    Commander Troi

I don't blame Shan. She should be able to click a button and have event crew copied to the clipboard ready to post. Just like I did above.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    The players update and maintain the wiki. I don't think it is too much to ask for players to go there on their own, but that's just my opinion.

The players update the wiki. YES YES YES. DB does not update the wiki and the players are not telepathic. I would be happy to consult a wiki if updated by DB and refered to in the notification post.

Grant, your comments do not make sense. Think before you post.[/quote]

I'm sorry, but are you implying that the wiki is not updated or accurate? I'm not at all clear on what you are trying to say.

I find that the wiki is an excellent resource and I am able to find what I need in a matter of seconds.
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    The wiki is an excellent resource. It is updated by people who do not have first hand access to all the information and therefore it can't provide all the answers.

Grant, I'm not sure how you have inferred that I have said that the wiki is not updated. This is ridiculous. Of course it is updated. I have updated elements of it.

It is not completely accurate and never will be. It does not answer all the questions that a list of event crew would answer. It does not outline who are and who are not event crew. Examples of issues outlined above.

If the wiki has provided all the information that you have ever need then that is great. For the rest it does not. I refer to all the unnecessary posts, examples provided above. For the rest of us a list of crew members would be great.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB sometimes (but rarely) updates the wiki. For example, Nod updated the wiki to add the tables for achievements.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    The wiki is an excellent resource. It is updated by people who do not have first hand access to all the information and therefore it can't provide all the answers.

Grant, I'm not sure how you have inferred that I have said that the wiki is not updated. This is ridiculous. Of course it is updated. I have updated elements of it.

It is not completely accurate and never will be. It does not answer all the questions that a list of event crew would answer. It does not outline who are and who are not event crew. Examples of issues outlined above.

If the wiki has provided all the information that you have ever need then that is great. For the rest it does not. I refer to all the unnecessary posts, examples provided above. For the rest of us a list of crew members would be great.

They can't provide the event characters due to CBS restrictions. The information that they are able to provide is on the wiki.

Let's say hypothetically that the event characters are a Captain Picard variant and Captain Lorca, with augment crew getting a bonus. A full list of characters is EASILY found on the wiki. That's my point, I think you missed it.

• SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    "They can't provide the event characters due to CBS restrictions."
    Irrelevant. This is not what was asked for, as discussed above.
    " The information that they are able to provide is on the wiki."
    No it is not. As discussed above.
    "Let's say hypothetically that the event characters are a Captain Picard variant and Captain Lorca, with augment crew getting a bonus. A full list of characters is EASILY found on the wiki. That's my point, I think you missed it."
    Your point is wrong. Its not that I misunderstand or missed it, it is that you are wrong. Your example about Picard perfectly illustrates my point. When Locutus was introduced, and Picard and Event Character, there were posts about; is Locutus a variant of Picard?. A list of the crew in this case would have resulted the answers being known without having to trawl the post to see if Shan had addressed the issue.
    You're the one that is wrong Mr. Irrelevant. If you go to any Picard crew member on the wiki and scroll to the bottom it will show you all of the crew members that are considered Picard variants.
  • If
    You're the one that is wrong Mr. Irrelevant. If you go to any Picard crew member on the wiki and scroll to the bottom it will show you all of the crew members that are considered Picard variants.

However if you do that for Bashir you will not find Changeling listed, although as I have only recently discovered DB do count him as Bonus crew when a Bashir is featured.