Home The Bridge

Things we do now that a new player would cringe at.

Comments

• IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clicking on a Supply Kit when you meant to use a Boost Token. When you have zero chrons and used up all of your daily chron bonuses.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Airlocking a free Will Scarlet. :D

Well, yeah, but in my defense I had him fully fused already.
  • Blowing 50,000 honor on a legendary citation, even when they're about to bring a new character into the honor hall.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • edited December 2017
    I spent dilithium on an extra scan. It turns out trying to tap buttons at 3:00am can lead to bad decisions.

My dear, awesome, friendly, mindboggling, all-lolling, crazy friendly, sir, get no say in this matter, ok? Even if your idea is good... great... whatever. Mine trumps all. It's a holiday movie thing :P Good gyus alaways win :P
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeesNutz wrote: »
    What does warp 10 do?

It turns you into a lizard.

I don't get it.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeesNutz wrote: »
    What does warp 10 do?

It turns you into a lizard.

I don't get it.

Watch the Voyager Episode "Threshold". Its pretty campy but informative on the joke.
    I'll do that.

In the meantime, does the button in the game give you one of everything, or run the mission 10 times, or what? It is a VIP thing. I'll get a monthly card some day. I think those give some VIP, though I don't know how to use it once I get it. Does it get used up or does it just have different abilities at different levels?
  • I'll do that.

In the meantime, does the button in the game give you one of everything, or run the mission 10 times, or what? It is a VIP thing. I'll get a monthly card some day. I think those give some VIP, though I don't know how to use it once I get it. Does it get used up or does it just have different abilities at different levels?

It just runs the mission 10x
  • Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    Vaulting a super rare crew. My first super rare was Commander Kelby. I have kept him all my time for the simple nostalgia.

No one else is safe to save on crew space.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    p377y7h33f wrote: »
    ignoring an available ad warp to avoid creating more revenue for the crooks at DB.

I used an Ad to do a scan speed up once!
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • A new player would cringe at me for spending enough money to fully fuse a 5/5 event crew after going through 15 packs
  • A new player would cringe at me for spending enough money to fully fuse a 5/5 event crew after going through 15 packs

That is my current week, and Mirror Beverly Crusher is still only 3/5*. Though she would have been 4/5* if it wasn’t for the free Worf.

That is my current week, and Mirror Beverly Crusher is still only 3/5*. Though she would have been 4/5* if it wasn’t for the free Worf.

it is even more depressing cause all the beholds you get in all those packs you end up just airlocking for honor since you have them already. BUT. NO. EVENT. 5*. CREW.
  • ClanofClanof ✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    p377y7h33f wrote: »
    ignoring an available ad warp to avoid creating more revenue for the crooks at DB.

I used an Ad to do a scan speed up once!

I pretty regularly use ads for scan speed up, that way I don't have to check in on the game three times a day to complete the daily missions.
  • Tanking on a faction mission because you're already honored with that faction.

Letting your arena battles proceed unattended just because you need 5 that day to make the achievement.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shrad wrote: »
    Letting your arena battles proceed unattended just because you need 5 that day to make the achievement.

I really appreciate people who do that. It makes it easier for those of us grinding arena for schematics.

I currently do one battle in Commander and Captain divisions a week, and 54 battles in Admiral division, by the end of the month I should have a level 10 ISS Enterprise.
    Shrad wrote: »

In the past two days I've reached the point where I am as far as I can get with my limited fleet. I'm ahead of everyone of equal star levels. Now I wait for Dabo and allow daily gifts to upgrade. Hopefully a voyage will go long enough to give schematics.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I first started I didn’t know you couldn’t fuse if a crew member was on a shuttle. I airlocked a few legendaries because I thought for some reason some crew was unfuseable. I figured why have two of them? And this was back when all you got for airlocking was trainers.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that Immortalizing and immediately giving 1* and 2* Crew a Chill Pill is one strategy for doing the Immortalize Crew Achievements.

When I started playing neither of these things were in play :)
    I think burning a 5* trainer on a level 1 because I don't want to bother with it, though clicking and holding to burn trainers might be on there.

The day I realized a 3* Trainer takes a Level One high enough to equip all their stuff to unlock Level Twenty made me much efficient.

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • PaPa ✭✭
    Using a 5* trainer to go from level 1 to 10 on a new crew member.

In the beginning I didn't know what the difference between 1* and 5* trainers was. The training window showed their descriptions (Basic Survival training, elementary flight training...) I thought you had to use specific trainers to train certain skills. Like, this one crew has the pilot trait, so I'll use the flight training on him (independant of his level).
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »
    al103 wrote: »
    Spending tons and tons of honor on trainers....to then use one i just purchased to take a character from lvl 1 to lvl 10
    That would make ANY player cringe.

Thats why i dont do it anymore...i use purple trainers instead of the gold to take my crew from lvl 1 to lvl 10 :wink:

A blue trainer is sufficient for the first tier.

2 green trainers, all items built, upgrade character, then one purple trainer goes perfectly to level 20... got that down to a science now
  • Airlocking "ALL" Wesley Crushers!!

vuehxpp8gdab.jpg
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I spent dilithium on an extra scan. It turns out trying to tap buttons at 3:00am can lead to bad decisions.

Just like watching infomercials in the wee hours. LOL

If those informercials had ever had Star Trek related merch, I would have been in trouble and certainly broke!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
    Airlocking "ALL" Wesley Crushers

As a team, 3 star Wesley and 3 star Hugh got me to break the top 15% in the low arena. Don't dismiss too quickly.