Home The Bridge

Things we do now that a new player would cringe at.

Comments

• Yateball wrote: »
    Grant77 wrote: »
    al103 wrote: »
    Spending tons and tons of honor on trainers....to then use one i just purchased to take a character from lvl 1 to lvl 10
    That would make ANY player cringe.

Thats why i dont do it anymore...i use purple trainers instead of the gold to take my crew from lvl 1 to lvl 10 :wink:

A blue trainer is sufficient for the first tier.

2 green trainers, all items built, upgrade character, then one purple trainer goes perfectly to level 20... got that down to a science now

TY ... doing this for my L.1s from now on.
  • Switching out my Arena K'SmurfKlingon to keep peeps from attaching me :*
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warp 10x everything in order to stock up and only running 5 arena matches (blind) just to get the daily.
    And, no longer farming cadets.

I do that now. Never thought I would.
    [10F] Newt wrote: »
    This is an awesome game, so hit awesome if you like the comment.

Here's my first:
    Using a 5* trainer to go from level 1 to 10 on a new crew member.

I thought that was the greatest sin. Now that I have an overabundance of trainers, it isn't so bad. Never thought I would get there.
  • [VA] NATE[VA] NATE ✭✭✭
    Airlocking a free Will Scarlet. :D

This has to win. Airlocking a free gold crew that wasnt part of a mega event?
  • [10F] Newt wrote: »

Here's my first:

Why use a 5* when a 3* will get you to lvl 8? Just use a 4* instead.
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [VA] NATE wrote: »
    Airlocking a free Will Scarlet. :D

This has to win. Airlocking a free gold crew that wasnt part of a mega event?

I airlocked Wil Scarlett, Kung Fu Sarek, the free Mirror Picard, EV Suit Archer....
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sometimes see how many trainers it takes in the replicator for a certain 4* item. It was like 3700 x1*
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    Airlocking "ALL" Wesley Crushers!!

vuehxpp8gdab.jpg

I think DB should code in the “shut up Wesley!” Sample for every time that happens. It happens in my head anyway!
  • SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    Pink Bebe wrote: »
    [10F] Newt wrote: »

Here's my first:

Why use a 5* when a 3* will get you to lvl 8? Just use a 4* instead.

Sometimes my level 3’s have all been used as replicator fuel as I have more 5*s than I can use
  • RikerWasNumber1RikerWasNumber1 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Airlocking a 4* or 5* card because the artwork is mirror Data or 23rd century Martok bad even if the stats are high.
  • RikerWasNumber1RikerWasNumber1 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    BTW I am not super impressed with Dax this event and have already tossed one out the airlock trying to get Malak.
  • Jim RaynorJim Raynor ✭✭✭
    Instantly FE new 4*/5* crew without the need of doing a single mission or use a single replication.

Use an ad for another scan because you are too lazy to tap to a mission.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Jim Raynor wrote: »
    Instantly FE new 4*/5* crew without the need of doing a single mission or use a single replication.
    This one probably wouldn't make new player cringe. Be amazed? Yes. Cringe? No. Even with waste of some chrons.

Especially as Vip0 players recently didn't had replications at all and many still do not (fleets are love, fleets are life), but even without that.
  • When the replicator first came out I used 20,000 5* trainers to replicate items because I'd ran out of chronos.
    BTW I am not super impressed with Dax this event and have already tossed one out the airlock trying to get Malak.

I also used to search for places to scan thinking I could get better items. Where did you leave her maybe today I will get lucky Haha
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the replicator first came out I used 20,000 5* trainers to replicate items because I'd ran out of chronos.

I also used to search for places to scan thinking I could get better items. Where did you leave her maybe today I will get lucky Haha

Better use your infinite improbability drive.

• Airlocking another Trombone Riker ;-)
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Putting 5* items in the replicator
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Airlocking useless 1/4 characters.
  • Jim RaynorJim Raynor ✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »
    Jim Raynor wrote: »
    This one probably wouldn't make new player cringe. Be amazed? Yes. Cringe? No. Even with waste of some chrons.

Especially as Vip0 players recently didn't had replications at all and many still do not (fleets are love, fleets are life), but even without that.

Ups, yes, you are right, I mixed up a word here and missunderstood it, me no native speaker :).
  • Roll 6 crits in the Gauntlet with a superior, fresh character and lose on 3 separate occassions.
  • Build 3,600 RRs in a Galaxy Event, start cashing them in with 5 minutes left in the event, and the server crashes when you're only half way finished.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Roll 6 crits in the Gauntlet with a superior, fresh character and lose on 3 separate occassions.
    That would make ANYBODY cringe. UGH. Don't remind me...
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use 10 trainers to level up a new crew, equiping that crew with one item, then airlocking that crew. All to statisfy the dailies.

Heh, I do this several times a week, since over half of the time I don't have any crew who's not FE — the exceptions being when I get a new crew member from an event or a lucky premium pull.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Use 10 trainers to level up a new crew, equiping that crew with one item, then airlocking that crew. All to statisfy the dailies.
    That is unlikely to make new players cringe actually. Especially if item is one of three ever-present but never used shirts and trainers are 10 grays, but even without that - logic for that is pretty easy to understand.
    In fact I did it once as newbie, all crew was item locked at the time and I was VERY short on chrons due to Galaxy.
  • I have a ton of 2* items. I burn them in the replicator all the time.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭

Back when I was a newb I was worried about that, so I started making sure I had one character sitting around with all four gear ready, but not equipped, so the next day I'd be able to equip and level him for the dailies. And that slowly morphed into 'don't equip anything on anyone until you have all four ready to go' and now I have 115 characters with some of their gear built and un-equipped, waiting for the final piece. Somehow I even ended up not equipping characters who do have all four pieces ready, unless I'm specifically working on them.

Every now and then I accidentally give someone's 4* security codes or whatever to a different character, but whatever...
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaitee wrote: »

Back when I was a newb I was worried about that, so I started making sure I had one character sitting around with all four gear ready, but not equipped, so the next day I'd be able to equip and level him for the dailies. And that slowly morphed into 'don't equip anything on anyone until you have all four ready to go' and now I have 115 characters with some of their gear built and un-equipped, waiting for the final piece. Somehow I even ended up not equipping characters who do have all four pieces ready, unless I'm specifically working on them.

Every now and then I accidentally give someone's 4* security codes or whatever to a different character, but whatever...

I used to do that as well. I’d have 6 or 8 people at all times with one yellow plus sign and the other three equipment slots done. That way every day I had the equip an item, level up, and train a crew covered. Now I hit the dailies once every few weeks. Only when I get a new crew I want
  • SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    I have one in reverse - buying trainers with honor! I cringe now that I ever did that
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Siblin wrote: »
    I have one in reverse - buying trainers with honor! I cringe now that I ever did that

There was another thread for the reverse. I bought trainers, too. But it allowed me to improve crew to the point of not needing to buy trainers anymore.

Edit: Link: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/2403/things-we-do-now-that-a-veteran-player-would-cringe-at