Home The Bridge
Options

"slightly" pissed that DB thinks "slightly" means 50%

Nicole KNicole K ✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in The Bridge
We were told Voyages were going to receive a slight adjustment. I just did an 8 hour and 57 minute voyage and got 405 chronitrons. That is about half what I used to get. In what universe is 50% considered slight?

I've been spending a lot of money on voyages, primarily for chronotrons. I don't buy packs unless I get a 10 for 10 deal. If DB wants to turn me back into a monthly card only buyer, then they have certainly figured out the best way to do that.

Comments

• Options
    Sexy AliceSexy Alice ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I’ve done two voyages and have yet to get to 6 hours that’s with 2800 antimatter as a starting point.
  • Options
    Yes, have run a couple of voyages and there is no "slightly" about it. Voyages 2.0 are a great way to stock up on trainers, but not chrons anymore. If you've been around and have thousands of trainers already, Voyages are much less enticing now. Will save me money, though. I was doing 1-3 refreshes under the old voyages and don't see any reason to spend on them further. I'll take the free stuff and leave it at that.
  • Options
    I sense rumbles of another 'DB, do better" campaign... ;)

Useless...as long as they got their "DB is perfect" fans, everything else is just a storm in a glass of water...
  • Options
    Its a shame; Voyages was where all my dilithium went as I'd refill AM every day (usually twice) to get to 10 hours. From now on I'll just be going for 6 hours with no refills,
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Useless...as long as they got their "DB is perfect" fans, everything else is just a storm in a glass of water...

The people who complain about everything while continuing to play are at least as bad in this regard as your "DB is perfect" fans.
  • Options
    Nicole KNicole K ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I sense rumbles of another 'DB, do better" campaign... ;)

I'm often accused of being a DB is perfect person. I am more than willing to complain about things that I actually have a serious problem with. I will continue to pass on making complaints about things that do not matter.
  • Options
    I'm only going to refill when I get a 4* before AM runs out. I used to be a lot more liberal and refill frequently.

• Options
    Thanks for this thread! Was considering the dil offer I got because it sounded like voyages could become more interesting. So now I will wait and see how others are faring before doing paid voyages again.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicole K wrote: »
    We were told Voyages were going to receive a slight adjustment. I just did an 8 hour voyage and got 405 chronitrons. That is about half what I used to get. In what universe is 50% considered slight?

I've been spending a lot of money on voyages, primarily for chronotrons. I don't buy packs unless I get a 10 for 10 deal. If DB wants to turn me back into a monthly card only buyer, then they have certainly figured out the best way to do that.

Really, 800 chrons for an 8 hour voyage before? I’m pretty sure my max at the 8 hour dilemma was about 650-700, with a typical haul at that point of 450-600. The two I’ve done since were both in the 400-500 range at the 8 hr dilemma.
  • Options
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    We were told Voyages were going to receive a slight adjustment. I just did an 8 hour voyage and got 405 chronitrons. That is about half what I used to get. In what universe is 50% considered slight?

Really, 800 chrons for an 8 hour voyage before? I’m pretty sure my max at the 8 hour dilemma was about 650-700, with a typical haul at that point of 450-600. The two I’ve done since were both in the 400-500 range at the 8 hr dilemma.

I was at 8 hrs and 57 minutes.
  • Options
    That is certainly far from “slight”. I will also hold back from running longer Voyages if the payout for pretty much everything has been nerfed ridiculously like that; Trainers are NOT what I need more of as I am already bleeding them!
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gone 9 hours several time and NEVER have gotten 800 chrons. Are you sure of what you're seeing? Best 9 hour chron total was 650 chrons. I'm seeing closer to a 20% drop
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

I was at 8 hrs and 57 minutes.

At 9 hours I was used to 550-700 normally before the changes, 800 would have been about my max.

I agree the 405 at 9 is on the low side, my last two were at 475 and 575 at 9hrs. From what I’ve seen on my small sample size the 0-8hr drop rates weren’t impacted too much, maybe 20-30%, but the drop rates after 8 came down more.

• Options
    It’s crazy. My voyages have always been meh...only now am I regularly getting 4* drops...and of cards I need! It’s a great improvement for me. Don’t know why!
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    Hope_FHope_F ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    We were told Voyages were going to receive a slight adjustment. I just did an 8 hour and 57 minute voyage and got 405 chronitrons. That is about half what I used to get. In what universe is 50% considered slight?

For me the difference seems only to be slight, most of my voyages last around 7h, some more, some less. I never extend voyages. For the long ones the difference seems to be more significant.

What I am more po-ed about is that less trainers means more trainers, that slightly reduced 1* crew means no 1* crew, that more crew means less crew, that no mentioning of replicator rations means the drop amount is 75% lower, that as a free player from now on you will only encounter the crappy dilemmas, no more 4* crew for you, etc.

Yes, communication on this was, to put it mildly, a mess. To straight out tell the truth, they intentionally lied to us. Otherwise they would have an explanation out by now. Comment moderated. ˜Shan

DB has probably several dozens gag orders out about topics nobody is allowed to make a public statement about. Their public statements seem very selective, about controversial issues that could haunt them nothing is ever said.
  • Options
    The voyage is now at 10 hrs and is sitting at 475 chronotrons.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope_F wrote: »
    DB has probably several dozens gag orders out about topics nobody is allowed to make a public statement about. Their public statements seem very selective, about controversial issues that could haunt them nothing is ever said.

You may have been writing your post at the same time Erin wrote hers.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/2407/december-production-update-follow-up

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run mostly short voyages which seem 10 to 15 percent drop. This morning I checked my voyage at 53 minutes and not s single chroniton.
  • Options
    My personal experience so far is that drops of 4 star characters is up about 300% and chronitrons down about 20%. Great deal if you ask me! Especially given the amount of voyages-only 4 star character we now have (6 and counting).
    Admiral of the Québec Alliance Fleet. Joignez-vous à nous.
  • Options
    Approaching 10 hours with 500 chrons and three 4*s
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    Hope_FHope_F ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Dralix wrote: »
    Hope_F wrote: »

You may have been writing your post at the same time Erin wrote hers.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/2407/december-production-update-follow-up

How hilarious. Have not seen that post yet. It's mostly about chronitons, the only thing that was indeed properly announced...at least it mentions the trainers, an explanation of why inflate an already useless item is not given though. Also not a word on crew decrease instead of increase, crew quality decrease, dilemma quality decrease, rations decrease.
    All in all an unsatisfying response...but at least a response...
  • Options
    My personal experience so far is that drops of 4 star characters is up about 300% and chronitrons down about 20%. Great deal if you ask me! Especially given the amount of voyages-only 4 star character we now have (6 and counting).

gzluayh7s690.png

No 4* drops so far. None yesterday either.
  • Options
    As somebody who regularly extends voyages past 10 hours, I would suggest that the percentage decrease depends on voyage length and the RNG. There’s a higher random element introduced with fewer chron drops of higher value. However two points that I’d contest here:
    Even a 20% decrease is not slight.
    More crew (no my experience) for fewer chrons is not a great deal. You are increasing the backlog of crew that need leveled but which you cannot because you have fewer chrons.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    http://tenforwardloungers.freecluster.eu
  • Options
    Yes, Hynland, you are correct. The nerf doesn't even kick in until after 4 hours so if you are running that or maybe 6 hours, the effect will be slight. I have regularly extended voyage to 10 and 12 hours and the nerf becomes more pronounced with every hour that goes by. So think hard about whether you want to spend your DIL to extend. I certainly will not do so any longer. But honestly I'm not mad about it. If DB feels it needs to even things for new players I can understand that. And I'm impressed they are willing to do so at the expense of our spending. Perhaps those new players spend more than we do so they're more attractive? Dunno.
  • Options
    Lost revenue of Galaxy vs spending on Voyages

They gave us both sides of the equation.

I'm one of those that skipped galaxy events once chroniton levels got stupidly high.
  • Options
    Nicole KNicole K ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    No new players are going to be competitive in a galaxy event. The idea is preposterous. They haven't even unlocked all the missions yet. This is about making you pay $50 for 6000 chronotrons during a galaxy. DB apparently thinks we are stupid.
  • Options
    Ironically I started playing them more because of how Voyages used to be.

And now with the production update update, I may not even bother extending when I do get a 4* as mentioned in last post.

If Voyages are not going to be reverted
    And is geared to non paying players, no point in me extending them.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you sure those are drops, not one time rewards for a choice in a dilemma?

I'm about 99% sure they reset the "this choice has been selected for the first time" switch on ALL of the dilemmas, which is also where they tied the new 4* crew too. Also where a 4* crew was rolled for on non-specific crew drops, and where schematics dropped. The second time you make the same choice on a dilemma you'll get the standard roll.