Home The Bridge
Options

Cryostasis Collections

38xbolklupls.png

Someone in our fleet came across this in the info section of the cryostasis vault today. Does anyone have anymore information on when these "collections" will go live or what the rewards will be?

Comments

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been a while since I looked at info do not remember this. Do not know wh n this was put in. I am guessing something new.
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an avid card collector I'll be fascinated to see what this is all about!
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do not forget they might happen at same time. Though I would go with this collection bonus reward. I will put up my 1F level 1 Lucien.😉😊
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's pretty cool!
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first thought was that collections would be organized thematically. For instance:

Based on source

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
    • "Dark Ages" McCoy
    • Commander Chapel
    • Commander Chekov
    • Dr. Gillian Taylor
    • Nyota Uhura
    • Professor Scott
    • Recovering Spock

Based on something the crew have in common
    Starfleet Academy
    • Cadet Nog
    • Cadet Sylvia Tilly
    • Cadet Sito Jaxa
    • Cadet Wesley Crusher

A group that was in a themed pack in the time portal

Cultural Figures
    • Abraham Lincoln
    • Ambassador Sarek
    • Apollo
    • Chancellor Gowron
    • Dominion Dukat
    • Kai Opaka
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or bridge crews from each series, though the variants might make it a bit confusing.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Could be by episodes of Star Trek when there are a more than two crew.
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Age of sail and protomorohisis collections spring to mind
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a great idea. But one problem: if any collection contains a 5* legendary crew (let alone multiple), this will be a whales only achievement/reward and unobtainable by the vast majority of players, including some VIP14s.
    don't worry the achievement reward will likely be of minimal value like 3 premium portal pulls.

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    We should get a betting pool going for what will come first; these collections, or Kahless' replacement.

I bet 200 Quatloos, 50 Dilithium and 3000 Honour that Kahless will be replaced first.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't bet my precious dilithium, but I'd put 3 million credits on Kahless--assuming they are not done at the same time.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty excited for this.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Guest Guest  ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Captain Q wrote: »
    I just want my CryoSort™... Everything else is just icing...

Yes, Please!!!! CryoSort™ or CryoSearch™ .... either would be a nice Valentine from DB.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please keep collections limited to a 4* crew.

I imagine there will be collections of different rarity. Like 1 collection for Starfleet Cadets. Another collection involving multiple Legendary crew. Etc.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    They have a start on some interesting episode collections. There's several episodes where they have 3 or 4 characters from. The most popular seems to be The Killing Game (8) and Our Man Bashir (7).
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    Guest  wrote: »

Yes, Please!!!! CryoSort™ or CryoSearch™ .... either would be a nice Valentine from DB.

I've never understood why the vault wasn't sorted by series, either chronologically in-universe or real world, since Day One.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

Mint frosting ...
  • Options
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    This is a great idea. But one problem: if any collection contains a 5* legendary crew (let alone multiple), this will be a whales only achievement/reward and unobtainable by the vast majority of players, including some VIP14s.
    don't worry the achievement reward will likely be of minimal value like 3 premium portal pulls.

If it's anything like the event rewards, it'll reward you the characters you already have in your collection. ie. Buy enough event packs to rank 1st and your reward is a copy of what you used to rank 1st. Just brilliant!
  • Options
    Jim Steele wrote: »

Please, this is DB. The reward will be 500 honor.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont care about how good or bad the reward is if they give good cryo features that don't detract from the vault itself
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm this isn't a collector's card game it's a strategy based game DB said so 😜
  • Options
    [BL] Q wrote: »

Ok Summer 2016 😉
    eXo | Z•A•P•P
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Z-A-P-P wrote: »

Ok Summer 2016 😉

CEO later stated it was a character collecting game in several press releases.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Z-A-P-P wrote: »

Ok Summer 2016 😉
    CEO later stated it was a character collecting game in several press releases.

As well as being the “growth engine” for the company, after a round of raising venture capital in 2017 if I remember correctly.

EDIT: The CEO said that after the staff cutbacks in October 2017, not after soliciting the VC funding. A quick search turned up this quote from his press release:

“"Our character-collection title, Star Trek Timelines, has been a growth engine for the company, and we plan to build even further on that success.”
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guest  wrote: »

I've never understood why the vault wasn't sorted by series, either chronologically in-universe or real world, since Day One.

I would even accept alphabetical. Or by species.

Speaking of which, though, can anyone tell me how it’s currently sorted? I’m still trying to figure it out. xD