Home The Bridge

DB - your fix to reduce lag backfired

edited February 2018 in The Bridge
Lag for the faction event is now worse. It takes 2-3 seconds to open a faction mission, and it takes 5-6 seconds for a completed mission to show success/failure. i can count 3-5 animations of the circle around the reward claim before the success screen shows up

Comments

• Agreed. Please unfix for future. I see no change in event start up other than the impact to players.
  • StygianStygian ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I’m getting so many display errors - eg the ‘Success - Continue’ window appearing behind the main game screen buttons. Or the ‘reward pop-up’ for shuttles showing the VP appearing when I’m loading the next shuttle already...

And, likewise, painful lag.

So lots of lag + less choice + display errors...!
  • might be on your end, seems fine for me. the waiting animation barely makes it thru half a revolution.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figured it was just my internet, so interesting to see other players experiencing the same problem. Very laggy. Not surprising.
  • It’s not been this bad for awhile...it actually is worse
    There obviously “fixing” something they don’t wanna talk about
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Lag is more noticeable for me than ever before.
  • edited February 2018
    It hasn't really "backfired" has it? If anything it has failed.

I think you're all just upset that your little cheat no longer works. As someone who only found out about this cheat when everyone started moaning about it this week, I'm happy that I'm actually being rewarded for my efforts in a shuttle event for a change.
  • The lag is gone now - after everyone is done with their kickstart.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had much laggier starts.

I've also had cleaner starts.

This sample of one indicates that the fix is both an improvement and detriment to lag.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you're all just upset that your little cheat no longer works. As someone who only found out about this cheat when everyone started moaning about it this week, I'm happy that I'm actually being rewarded for my efforts in a shuttle event for a change.

Lol you haven't been on the forums long then huh? Seems like every month there's been several mentions of it in one thread or another.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuck for me....
  • seems to me the increase in lag is probably due to this being the first faction event after the kickstart method was generally known - vastly more people are trying it
  • Pallidyne wrote: »

Lol you haven't been on the forums long then huh? Seems like every month there's been several mentions of it in one thread or another.

I occasionally visit the forums and have done since the game was initially released, two years and two forums ago. Do I religiously follow all threads? No. I have a life.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

I occasionally visit the forums and have done since the game was initially released, two years and two forums ago. Do I religiously follow all threads? No. I have a life.

I did searches and found how-to's in over 10 event threads.

Don't say hey I never knew about that without at least reading through those.
  • I think you're completely missing my point, but congratulations to you for finding it. 👍

I don't wish to "kickstart". Am happy that it no longer lags because of players using it.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    This was my most lag free start for a faction event ever. I was able to get the second run of shuttle missions out within the first few minutes. Usually I am struggling to get the first shuttle out that quickly
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same lag that I had two weeks ago completing missions (5-6 seconds each).

I don’t really mind the reduction as it basically makes a three faction event (18) similar to how you have to start one faction (20 missions) events (basically every hybrid).

The 12 fewer missions probably saved me five minutes at event start which is nice since I’m trying to fit it in during a lunch break.
  • The lag is worse since they improved it, but I find it to be an acceptable amount of lag on my end, its worse, but not bad. The kickstart is not a cheat, at worse, it is an exploitation of the rules. If you were in a decent fleet, or read the forums with any kind of regularity you would know about it. I do not think it is exploiting rules, but devising a sound strategy with the parameters given.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did actually find it less laggy. It used to be painful waiting for missions to open, then close etc. but today I was able to quickly (and subtly :P) do it all during a work meeting without much aggravation
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • After the update the game loaded super fast and I could open 30 transmissions as quickly as I could tap on them.

Now... yes, you attempted to fix something that wasn't broken and broke it. Lag left, right and centre and two errors just trying to load the game.

Good work DB. Remind me again why I'm VIP 14 more than twice over because gosh, golly gee Wally I sure don't know.
  • edited February 2018
    I'm sorry, I do not understand your insult.

You are also missing my point.

The thread title says "DB - your fix to reduce lag backfired" How has it backfired? It may not have worked but backfired?

Alot of Angrys in here.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are aware that the start of the event was quite laggy, we acted on it immediately.
    This and the impact (good or bad) of less unique missions will be analyzed as part of our efforts to improve performances as was said when we announced the change.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    I hope this is not changed back. For me it has gone from awful to almost pleasant
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭

A strategy is not a cheat. It was completely within the normal confines of gameplay. My fleet has been using it since the game started pretty much and it has gained a lot of popularity recently, hence the lag problems.
  • Pallidyne wrote: »

...and why does are cheat gotta be ‘little’...I thought it was big of us
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • I noticed the same lag when playing with my main account, by the time I had finished there and set longer shuttles off, I switched to my secondary account and THEN I did notice an improvement - presumably that’s what @Shan means by them seeing it and acting on it.