Home The Bridge

DB - your fix to reduce lag backfired

124»

Comments

• WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Mbannar wrote: »
    Comment moderated as per our Community guidelines, posting content of a private exchange with Support is not allowed.

So what that means in layman's terms is shut up and give us more money

I have received the exact same reply verbatim during the last faction event. Nothing worse than a canned response to brush away your complaint/inquiry.

My last wave of 4 x 4k shuttles were all above 94% and 3 of them failed, dropping me back down to the 3500 level, which is a huge pain. I did the mini-kickstart and failed 1 mission at both the 2750 and 3500 point level, despite success rates above 96%. There is no way the posted odds are accurate.
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »
    Cheat/strategy. Potato/tomato.
    Not to take sides in this oft-reborn debate, but I enjoyed the fact that since potatoes and tomatoes are actually different things, not just sounding different, your analogy actually supports the other guy's point. ;)

Interruption over, resume your scheduled bickering, already in progress.

I knew that would come up.

But I could not think of how to express tomato/tomato with different dialects in writing. I guess I could study phonics just for this phorum, but decided it was easier to use the two solanaceae from the well known song to express my point....

"You say Strategy, I say Cheat"
    "You say Walkthrough, I say Life Hack"

All the same to me.

....I'm boring myself now. 😂😂

You could simply go tomeyto/tomahto, poteyto/potahto like most people... or hijack the thread and morph it into a treatise on the difference between a Dromedary and Bactrian ... that be like camels... like I did...

Hint: 🐪 vs 🐫
  • @Paund Skumm LMAO
    I wasn't paying attention to the lag, but the talk here makes me wonder...

Maybe DB dropped the number of faction missions by 40%, but at the same time cut costs by dropping the server resources by 20-30%?

Just speculating...

Probly needed more server space for there new game, us stt gamers are old news and allready tapped out money

Need some new junkies
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »
    Grant77 wrote: »
    Magisse wrote: »
    Cheat/strategy. Potato/tomato.
    Not to take sides in this oft-reborn debate, but I enjoyed the fact that since potatoes and tomatoes are actually different things, not just sounding different, your analogy actually supports the other guy's point. ;)

Interruption over, resume your scheduled bickering, already in progress.

I also enjoy the fact that both of these “European” staples are actually indigenous to the Americas and were brought back by the Spanish only like 400-500 years ago... just like horses are not native to the Americas yet we think they are part of the “old west” and traditional Native American lifestyle...

have no idea how this relates to anything... please resume your regularly scheduled bickering...

e6n0c792i5ym.jpeg

Horses are part of the old west. They may have been brought here but they’ve are still part of the old west

Fun fact: Camels are from North America

You sure about that... my understanding was the only large domesticated animal from the Americas was the llama/alpaca...

I'm certain. The original camel crossed into Eurasia via the Bering land bridge over 3 million years ago and has remained largely unchanged. It has long since been extirpated from the Americas, leaving the Llama as a close relative.

So it’s a repeat of the horse story?

Well somewhat, but the camel was never really returned to North America in any great numbers. I find it amazing that the same animal thrives both in tundra and desert, very impressive.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like how many of the shuttle missions are three people crew and not four and five.
    Let’s fly!
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »

I have received the exact same reply verbatim during the last faction event. Nothing worse than a canned response to brush away your complaint/inquiry.

My last wave of 4 x 4k shuttles were all above 94% and 3 of them failed, dropping me back down to the 3500 level, which is a huge pain. I did the mini-kickstart and failed 1 mission at both the 2750 and 3500 point level, despite success rates above 96%. There is no way the posted odds are accurate.

For the fourth time this event I have failed all 3 shuttles on a run where each shuttle had a success rate of higher than 95%

The chance of this happening once is pretty high. The chance of it happening multiple times to the same person is astronomical. The fact that other people in the fleet are reporting much the same thing makes it clear that the odds are as honest and fair as the RNG on the Gauntlet!