Home The Bridge

New Gauntlet Character Coming

Greetings, Captains!

The time has come! It is your last chance to win Bartender Guinan in the Gauntlet. Even though Guinan is departing, we think you’ll like the tone her replacement strikes. The new champion -- one of the single most-requested characters from our players -- will really take care of your Gauntlet enemies… with a banjo. Find out more on February 27th.

To maximize your chances to win Guinan while she’s here, enter the Gauntlet no later than February 24th before 6:55pm ET (10:55 UTC), and claim your rewards by Noon ET (17:00 UTC) on February 27th to avoid losing them.

To prepare for this change there will be no Gauntlets on Sunday, February 25th and Monday, February 26th. New Gauntlets will resume on Tuesday, February 27th at 7:00pm ET (0:00 UTC Wednesday, February 28th)

LLAP
The Star Trek Timelines Team

The Caretaker is coming! :)

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walls of Guinan stop me. I want her. I'll never have her. Wo is me.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caretaker...there are certainly worse options...
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    where is this info from ?
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Yay, the Caretaker. Now if we can just get them to finally change the Honor Hall character as well.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • I wish there were other ways to "maximize your chance" of getting gauntlet characters aside from punishing RNG.

The altar of RNGesus requires much sacrifice and time-consuming castigation, my son.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Hummm... Caretaker? Really? :/
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand...is the caretaker actually one of the most requested characters? Really?

I know it's not a request I've ever made, and I've requested quite a few
  • I don't understand...is the caretaker actually one of the most requested characters? Really?

Only beaten by „Assimilated Spock“...oh wait....oh well... :D;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what are we thinking? I can't even guess. SCI-ENG-DIP? Possibly MED? CMD? SEC? He's technically all-powerful, so who knows.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what are we thinking? I can't even guess. SCI-ENG-DIP? Possibly MED? CMD? SEC? He's technically all-powerful, so who knows.

I thought med/dip/sec, but that's the same combo as Guinan so I dunno
  • So what are we thinking? I can't even guess. SCI-ENG-DIP? Possibly MED? CMD? SEC? He's technically all-powerful, so who knows.

Sorry, but knowing DB, it’ll be Dip/Com/Sec.
  • So what are we thinking? I can't even guess. SCI-ENG-DIP? Possibly MED? CMD? SEC? He's technically all-powerful, so who knows.

I would bet MED/CMD/SCI or MED/CMD/ENG? Maybe MED/SCI/ENG? I dunno
  • I wish there were other ways to "maximize your chance" of getting gauntlet characters aside from punishing RNG.

Yeah, I read "To maximize your chances to win Guinan..." and my brain immediately finished the sentence with "we're going to add a bonus chance to find her if you don't have one in your roster."

And then I read the rest of the sentence :(
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as MED is his overpowered proficiency roll I'll be happy. Won't matter cuz I'll never pull him anyway
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know DB doesn't typically make decisions that are logical, but we do need a high roller ENG character. The Caretaker was an engineer, sort of. I'm hoping to see a high proficiency ENG rating. That's all I want, DB.

I would bet MED/CMD/SCI or MED/CMD/ENG? Maybe MED/SCI/ENG? I dunno

My hope is that the ENG proficiency is 700 minimum.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • Yateball wrote: »
    As long as MED is his overpowered proficiency roll I'll be happy. Won't matter cuz I'll never pull him anyway

True, I really would have rather DB went with a Crew that was more requested than the Caretaker. :(

But I suppose the decision has been made.
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Am i the only one kinda thinking "ok cool..... what about the Honor Hall crew? you know? the one i've got 100k Honor sitting here waiting for?"
  • I don't understand...is the caretaker actually one of the most requested characters? Really?

No. But DB said it is so it must be true :)

Off the top of my head I've seen a lot more requests for:

Number One (The Cage)
    Samuel Clements
    Surak
    Katra Archer
    Warlord Kes
    Captain Spock
    T'Pau

Just to name a few. Now, I have seen requests for The Caretaker, but I wouldn't call him one of the most requested.

Just another joke at our expense courtesy of DB.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad its the Caretaker, so when my RNG goes south and I don't get him, It's not so harsh a thing.

Now I've got 0 Locutus and 3 Guinan, so who knows what I'll get this time.

My question is will Guinan become available in another fashion like a 30k Gauntlet Round Achievement or the Honor Hall.