Home The Bridge

New Gauntlet Character Coming

Comments

• z45xmikswb6z.jpg
    here he is!!! one of your most requested star trek characters!!!!

I might actually prefer a space hippy! Those leggings are brutal!
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Great only a week or so left to try and get a character that the RNGods have denied me for months.

Is there likely to be a way for those of us who have not been luck to get her?
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think it will be Banjo Burnham.
  • ENG SCI MED!
    ENG SCI MED!
    ENG SCI MED!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the Gauntlet crew ever drop at the end, or is it always on runs? If on runs, how many in a row do you need?
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new champion -- one of the single most-requested characters from our players -- will really take care of your Gauntlet enemies… with a banjo. Find out more on February 27th.

One of the single most requested? Really?

• I wish there were other ways to "maximize your chance" of getting gauntlet characters aside from punishing RNG.

Yeah, I read "To maximize your chances to win Guinan..." and my brain immediately finished the sentence with "we're going to add a bonus chance to find her if you don't have one in your roster."

And then I read the rest of the sentence :(

Lol same here. Saw that and thought "oh, there going to bump the odds up or make a guaranteed drop at a certain rank"

Lol ~n~o~p~e~!
    I wish there were other ways to "maximize your chance" of getting gauntlet characters aside from punishing RNG.

Yeah, I read "To maximize your chances to win Guinan..." and my brain immediately finished the sentence with "we're going to add a bonus chance to find her if you don't have one in your roster."

And then I read the rest of the sentence :(

Lol same here. Saw that and thought "oh, there going to bump the odds up or make a guaranteed drop at a certain rank"

Lol ~n~o~p~e~!

Yeah their advice was basically to play the gauntlet. Like no **tsk tsk** DB!
  • Nothing special, just one more wall to crash against.

• FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Does the Gauntlet crew ever drop at the end, or is it always on runs? If on runs, how many in a row do you need?

You need a streak of 300.
    Kidding, but it sure feels that way.

G.M.E (gauntlet main event) had only ever dropped on streaks for me, ironically small ones.. between 6 & 12. I got 2 Guinans and 2 Locutus, never ever had either dropped in rank boxes post gauntlet.

Unless someone here claims otherwise, I honestly feel that the GMEs drop from rank boxes is broken.

I'll often rank in the top 10..
    A few times top 5 and nada.

(Edited because Android swipe type auto correct is a juvenile little hamburger)
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't we get an iconic crew member like Locutus, Guinan perhaps Worf?
    usxi0nzx71nm.jpg
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

I have gotten 7 gauntlet rares to drop (5 Guinan, 2 Locutus). I believe I got 1 Locutus and 1 Guinan from streak boxes, the rest were from T10 boxes.
    When DB talk about best chance they are essentially saying it is like the best chance of being hit by lightning is being outside in the rain.

It probably won't happen no matter how often you stand outside but it is the BEST chance of it happening
  • Lightning strikes are a breeze compared to gauntlet
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand...is the caretaker actually one of the most requested characters? Really?

He seemed pretty requested on the old forums. *shakes walking stick* waaay back when, we had to walk to school 15 miles uphills both ways, in the SNOW!
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    I'm glad its the Caretaker, so when my RNG goes south and I don't get him, It's not so harsh a thing.

Now I've got 0 Locutus and 3 Guinan, so who knows what I'll get this time.

My question is will Guinan become available in another fashion like a 30k Gauntlet Round Achievement or the Honor Hall.

She should become that.
    Also, fun note, I'm in the same boat as you. 0 Locuti, 3 Guinans.
    Last time I earned a Guinan was probably like October of last year, haven't been able to pull another one since.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Could be Sci/Med/Eng .
    Pppppppllllllss
  • It's not "Row Row Row Your Boat" Spock? Was he playing that on a banjo?
  • Does the Gauntlet crew ever drop at the end, or is it always on runs? If on runs, how many in a row do you need?

I've had 2 drop on a 3 streak and 1 on a 6 streak. Most of mine have dropped from streaks, not end prizes.
  • ENG SCI MED!
    ENG SCI MED!
    ENG SCI MED!

This wouldn't surprise me at all. Move over, Leonardo!
  • z45xmikswb6z.jpg
    here he is!!! one of your most requested star trek characters!!!!

This was actually my first thought, and I'd much prefer him to the Caretaker. Somebody up at DB must be a really big fan of Voyager, but it's a no thanks from me.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will say that it will be the most requested character...

But it will be Decorated Burnham from finale scene of Discovery s1
  • It's not "Row Row Row Your Boat" Spock? Was he playing that on a banjo?

Vulcan loot :P
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    ENG SCI MED!
    ENG SCI MED!
    ENG SCI MED!

Yea maybe they mean one of our most requested combos, ENG SCI MED.

Do it DB!
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    I know DB doesn't typically make decisions that are logical, but we do need a high roller ENG character. The Caretaker was an engineer, sort of. I'm hoping to see a high proficiency ENG rating. That's all I want, DB.
    My hope is that the ENG proficiency is 700 minimum.

I actually hope we do not get a high proficiency roll Engineering character added to the game. I am currently in a Gauntlet where Engineering is the featured skill, and I find these to be the most interesting/enjoyable Gauntlets we have, precisely because there is not one dominant character for everyone to put up into a ‘wall’. Instead you see a lot more variety, as there is a diverse group of decent proficiency crew to choose from, allowing players to be more strategic about their Gauntlet crew selections.