Home The Bridge

New Gauntlet Character Coming

124»

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    So, we're getting an old silver-haired banjo-playing white guy. That's awesome — it's about time we got a 5* Steve Martin!

t58re3plb32p.gif

You're my new hero, @Data1001
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, we're getting an old silver-haired banjo-playing white guy. That's awesome — it's about time we got a 5* Steve Martin!

t58re3plb32p.gif

Traits: Human, Wild, Crazy
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • z45xmikswb6z.jpg
    here he is!!! one of your most requested star trek characters!!!!

It better be this chap. For some us, banjos are ultra creepy. Id rather deal with clowns or hipsters.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »

t58re3plb32p.gif
    I'd play pretty hard to get that Orion next to him though.

@Magisse
    You just took the hero award from @Data1001

Congrats

It is a rather small Orion, though. Perhaps with the musician trait rather than brutal?
  • z45xmikswb6z.jpg
    here he is!!! one of your most requested star trek characters!!!!

Now that makes my want to crack my knuckles and jump for joy!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m surprised at how many are excited for The Caretaker. For the rest of us, the only way we could’ve more nonplussed is if he’s a two-skill character. A MED/SEC combowould really rankle the inmates, wouldn’t it?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »

t58re3plb32p.gif

Traits: Human, Wild, Crazy

Also "Guy".
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand...is the caretaker actually one of the most requested characters? Really?

Totally agree, DB are Politicians they think if they say 'make it so' we'll fall hook line and sinker!

Let me guess DIP/SEC/CMD

DB Don't **** on me and tell me it's raining!

Species 8472? No royalties to pay there

I'm sure 'Spot' Data's cat is more asked for than The Caretaker.

0e6ix2j1jd3r.png

There was a previous poll last year for honor hall and the Caretaker got one of the highest votes

True, but I'm not sure 23 votes counts as "Highly requested" in all fairness.

So, just because he was the highest requested FOR ONE SPECIFIC AREA they translated that into "One of the most highly requested in the game" to put him somewhere else?!?!?

Nothing we can say can ever sum up their indifference to player input as much as that does.

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • edited February 2018
    Not to mention the fact that DB has outright admitted that they discount forum feedback heavily since it only represents 0.0025% of the player base

But seriously, while the forum would have complained no matter who was released, I think DB's fly-in-your-face characterization of "highly requested" exacerbates the response.

And after having time to think about it, I realized that this is the new gauntlet crew. Personally, I was more interested in the new Honor Hall crew.

But if the new honor hall crew isn't Surak or Captain Spock, then all hell will break loose on the forum...
  • I'm sure he'll have awesome gauntlet stats. It would be weird if he didn't. I also hope they spend the downtime revamping the reward system and tweaking the algorithms. It's the perfect time to do so. I do think DB are trying to make the game interesting and fun so let's hope they give us something we can genuinely get excited about!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • No way is the Caretaker one of the most requested, just like no way was Tai Chi Sarek planned as a special 500th crew. That was just who was up next, and this is just someone powerful they had ready to go.

Fine by me! I'll gauntlet when I have the time and if I don't get him, it's no big deal. Also I think the Caretaker actually fits as an elusive legendary, unlike some of the other five-stars. And he's not some comic character, which is a plus in my book. Rooting for ENG-MED-SEC, although I agree his skill set could go several different ways.
  • not seeing how this was the most requested person?
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    not seeing how this was the most requested person?
    Wording. "Most requested person that we did ever consider for Gauntlet".
  • al103 wrote: »
    not seeing how this was the most requested person?
    Wording. "Most requested person that we did ever consider for Gauntlet".

so they considered 1 character then
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure they considered more... but they were all on "quirky/strange/whatever side character" side, not on "most popular character EVAR" side.
  • al103 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they considered more... but they were all on "quirky/strange/whatever side character" side, not on "most popular character EVAR" side.

So should have used some that people actually are crying out for, weird or otherwise
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    So should have used some that people actually are crying out for, weird or otherwise
    Like who?
  • Some new Archers? Read the most wanted crew section of the forum
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Some new Archers? Read the most wanted crew section of the forum
    In what way **tsk tsk****g main character fits "quirky side character" niche?
  • coz people want them! also not like they show up anywhere else?

Why are you so angry about this?
  • I don't understand...is the caretaker actually one of the most requested characters? Really?

Totally agree, DB are Politicians they think if they say 'make it so' we'll fall hook line and sinker!

Let me guess DIP/SEC/CMD

0e6ix2j1jd3r.png

There was a previous poll last year for honor hall and the Caretaker got one of the highest votes

Who got the missing 113 votes? Donald Trump?

Where's the other page?

When rigging a statement at least make the cover up more difficult to see through.

161. - 48 = 113
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand...is the caretaker actually one of the most requested characters? Really?

Let me guess DIP/SEC/CMD

0e6ix2j1jd3r.png

Who got the missing 113 votes? Donald Trump?

Where's the other page?

When rigging a statement at least make the cover up more difficult to see through.

161. - 48 = 113

Other popular ones (iirc) were Mariachi Q, Tsunkante Seven, Surak, and some Spock variant.
  • Caretaker eh? Didn't see it coming, took me longer than it should have to think of someone with a banjo.

I expect him to be OP and cause much gnashing of teeth on the forums as some players get enough to FF/FE at least 2 of them and others can go for hundreds (or more) rounds and not see a single one.