Home The Bridge

New Gauntlet Character Coming

Comments

• Irial wrote: »
    I know DB doesn't typically make decisions that are logical, but we do need a high roller ENG character. The Caretaker was an engineer, sort of. I'm hoping to see a high proficiency ENG rating. That's all I want, DB.
    My hope is that the ENG proficiency is 700 minimum.

I actually hope we do not get a high proficiency roll Engineering character added to the game. I am currently in a Gauntlet where Engineering is the featured skill, and I find these to be the most interesting/enjoyable Gauntlets we have, precisely because there is not one dominant character for everyone to put up into a ‘wall’. Instead you see a lot more variety, as there is a diverse group of decent proficiency crew to choose from, allowing players to be more strategic about their Gauntlet crew selections.

I dunno about diversity in an ENG gauntlet.... mine is a wall of Seven of Nine, Mirror La Forge and Gangster Spock.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    Great only a week or so left to try and get a character that the RNGods have denied me for months.

Is there likely to be a way for those of us who have not been luck to get her?

I'm sure they will be. Locutus was available in a Borg pack wasn't he?

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the Gauntlet crew ever drop at the end, or is it always on runs? If on runs, how many in a row do you need?

I got my Guinan after a Gauntlet ended .Had TWO Boxes to open. She was in the first one.....

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irial wrote: »
    I know DB doesn't typically make decisions that are logical, but we do need a high roller ENG character. The Caretaker was an engineer, sort of. I'm hoping to see a high proficiency ENG rating. That's all I want, DB.
    My hope is that the ENG proficiency is 700 minimum.

I actually hope we do not get a high proficiency roll Engineering character added to the game. I am currently in a Gauntlet where Engineering is the featured skill, and I find these to be the most interesting/enjoyable Gauntlets we have, precisely because there is not one dominant character for everyone to put up into a ‘wall’. Instead you see a lot more variety, as there is a diverse group of decent proficiency crew to choose from, allowing players to be more strategic about their Gauntlet crew selections.

It's usually up to the OTHER trait when that happens. ENG is but one of two, my friend. And the others are already part of the arms race.
  • Damn it, need 3 more Guinans to double immortalize
  • Does the Gauntlet crew ever drop at the end, or is it always on runs? If on runs, how many in a row do you need?

I have got 2 out of 5 in reward crates at the end of a gauntlet round. one in 1st place, and the second in 4th place. the other 3 I got from streak boxes. my first was a streak in the 50's, my second was a streak of 9, and the third I got after only a streak of 6. so it really is just random. for me anyway... I played 11,093 rounds before I got my 5th Guinan.
  • I don't understand...is the caretaker actually one of the most requested characters? Really?

Totally agree, DB are Politicians they think if they say 'make it so' we'll fall hook line and sinker!

Let me guess DIP/SEC/CMD

DB Don't **** on me and tell me it's raining!

Species 8472? No royalties to pay there

I'm sure 'Spot' Data's cat is more asked for than The Caretaker.

0e6ix2j1jd3r.png

There was a previous poll last year for honor hall and the Caretaker got one of the highest votes
  • I don't understand...is the caretaker actually one of the most requested characters? Really?

Totally agree, DB are Politicians they think if they say 'make it so' we'll fall hook line and sinker!

Let me guess DIP/SEC/CMD

0e6ix2j1jd3r.png

There was a previous poll last year for honor hall and the Caretaker got one of the highest votes

True, but I'm not sure 23 votes counts as "Highly requested" in all fairness.
  • He was indeed requested. I was thinking that they will go with the string of Picard friends, so I voted for Jack Crusher, but the Caretaker is a welcome addition. It will be fun hunting for him.
  • He was indeed requested. I was thinking that they will go with the string of Picard friends, so I voted for Jack Crusher, but the Caretaker is a welcome addition. It will be fun hunting for him.

Agreed. I'm happy to have him, and I think he will be awesome. I'm just not overly excited for him is all.

Let me guess DIP/SEC/CMD

0e6ix2j1jd3r.png

True, but I do recall several polls and threads about gauntlet/honor hall crew around the same time. That was just one thread I could find quickly since I commented on it
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of us won't get him anyway. No luck.

Let me guess DIP/SEC/CMD

0e6ix2j1jd3r.png

True, but I do recall several polls and threads about gauntlet/honor hall crew around the same time. That was just one thread I could find quickly since I commented on it

Yeah that's fair enough. I will say this, the one thing that really does make me happy it's The Caretaker over some of the others on that poll is that he probably won't be CMD/DIP/SEC lol.

Let me guess DIP/SEC/CMD

0e6ix2j1jd3r.png

Yeah that's fair enough. I will say this, the one thing that really does make me happy it's The Caretaker over some of the others on that poll is that he probably won't be CMD/DIP/SEC lol.

I know lol

I remember talking to someone about the Caretaker back then. We thought the Caretaker would be Eng/Sci and either Med/Dip as the 3rd the skill
  • Caretaker... Meh.

kenet218v9qn.jpg

Surak greatest of all who ever lived on Vulcan, the father of all which Vulcan culture holds true.
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • So many great characters through all the series and the banjo playing caretaker is going to be it.... This would have not been my choice.
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Does the Gauntlet crew ever drop at the end, or is it always on runs? If on runs, how many in a row do you need?

You need a streak of 300.
    Kidding, but it sure feels that way.

G.M.E (gauntlet main event) had only ever dropped on streaks for me, ironically small ones.. between 6 & 12. I got 2 Guinans and 2 Locutus, never ever had either dropped in rank boxes post gauntlet.

Unless someone here claims otherwise, I honestly feel that the GMEs drop from rank boxes is broken.

I'll often rank in the top 10..
    A few times top 5 and nada.

(Edited because Android swipe type auto correct is a juvenile little hamburger)

Well I have really odd luck with gauntlet, I never got any locutus and I played gauntlet just as much as I do now. However I got 7 guinan, and I can confirm that you can get them from boxes, any box, think the quality box just improves chances? but with db math I cant guarantee that part lol
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why everyone is hating on the caretaker, I always thought he was kind of a cool char? Most requested? Probably not. Maybe not many voyager fans here or something, but to each their own;)
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why everyone is hating on the caretaker, I always thought he was kind of a cool char? Most requested? Probably not. Maybe not many voyager fans here or something, but to each their own;)
    He probably would've been my choice in that poll people are quoting. He's certainly worthy of legendary status - the entire Voyager series exists because of his actions - and I think there's a solid chance of him being ENG/SCI/MED which would be pretty darn welcome. Mind you, I'm sitting here with 0 Guinans so I'm not sure it's worth it for me to get excited about.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo Burnham. Definitely.

7u4waavswqks.jpg

Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And NuSpock has also been known to do a little pickin' and grinnin'.

1wf2vkg1n4nn.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    So... given that banjo is nickname for Tommy Gun... do we get 5* Dixon Hill? Com-Dip-Sec obviously.
  • Someone has to tell me what was so fascinating about the Caretaker. I know my opinion doesn't count for much but he was a very weak character. The IDEA of the Caretaker is ok but the actual character left a lot to be desired as far as being memorable. Either way, I'm glad he won't be the Honor Hall crew. Like previously stated, I doubt a lot of people will care if he doesn't drop in Gauntlet unless he is absolutely unbeatable.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I'm excited for the Caretaker, I hope he is ENG/MED/SCI because it does make a ton of sense. MED because he performs experiments to search for a possible mate, ENG because he and Suspiria built the underground shelter for the Ocampa as well as the Array, SCI because the Nacene are curious explorers. Although I could see DB putting in DIP instead of SCI I guess.

Despite my excitement though, the RNG to get him is still no guarantee I ever will get him.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.