Home Engineering Room

Game freezes (white screen) upon conclusion of advertisement

Comments

• For me, it's the Citibank ad. Can't exit the ad except by exiting and restarting the game. Happened twice tonight.
  • C-Note wrote: »
    For me, it's the Citibank ad. Can't exit the ad except by exiting and restarting the game. Happened twice tonight.

Correction: I was able to exit the ad by hitting the escape key.
  • Guest Guest  ✭✭✭
    I clicked the ad-warp button and the screen went black .... but instead of starting the ad, it just restarted the app. No indication of which ad caused the restart.
  • The ad warp is still broken. Ad finishes, then white screen. I need to force close and restart. This happens for most of the ads.

When is this going to be fixed?
  • Guest Guest  ✭✭✭
    Guest  wrote: »
    I am having the same issue with the Nature Made ad .... after playing the ad it forces a restart of the app without paying the reward.
    same ad .... same reboot .....

Once again the Nature Made ad has forced a reboot of the STT app .....
  • It happens to me for 'love Nikki; dress up queen' and some ad that is in Chinese
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the additional reports, we are still working on this.
  • Well, since today the ad warp feature has completely collapsed (at least for me). Every ad ends up with the white screen of death (and of course no reward). You read correct: every ad, not just some of them. Therefore the ad warp feature is useless for me at the moment.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, since today the ad warp feature has completely collapsed (at least for me). Every ad ends up with the white screen of death (and of course no reward). You read correct: every ad, not just some of them. Therefore the ad warp feature is useless for me at the moment.

What device are you using, Laura?
  • Hello Shan,

I sent you a PM.

Bests wishes

Laura
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello Shan,

I sent you a PM.

Bests wishes

Laura

Thank you Laura, it will be helpful but we also need the name of the Ads.
    Would you be able to provide us with names? Thank you!

On our end we are also investigating.

• Shan wrote: »

Keep in mind that the ad system can also collapse before showing an ad ... we may not always know the offending ad.

And then there are issues like last night, when I clicked the warp ad button before answering the door .... I come back to a message that I need to update STT. The ad restarted the STT app and then I was caught in yesterday's forced update. I never saw which ad ...
  • Guest  wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »

Keep in mind that the ad system can also collapse before showing an ad ... we may not always know the offending ad.

And then there are issues like last night, when I clicked the warp ad button before answering the door .... I come back to a message that I need to update STT. The ad restarted the STT app and then I was caught in yesterday's forced update. I never saw which ad ...

Just to follow up on my post .... the ad just now flashed on the screen briefly before the app restarted. No way to figure out the name or product of the ad.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand that it is not always possible to see the Ad, and that is also why we are not solely relying on this information for our investigation - but when you do see the the name of the Ad, providing it to us is really a great help.

Thank you!
  • I made ten runs, here are the results. 10x no reward, white screen of death. Apps:
    - Angry Birds Blast!
    - Best Fiends
    - Cooking Craze
    - Hessenschau (6x)
    - Jigsaw Puzzle

All of these ads have been there for a long time and worked rather properly (with the white screen appearing sometimes but not always). The problem became permanent yesterday.

Tonight I will post another run of 10 trys.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!
  • I stopped after 8 runs because it's no fun to crash your app on purpose (and not to mention the long time it takes to restart). Again every ad crashed without reward and ended with a white screen:
    - Hessenschau (5x)
    - Quandoo
    - Wort Guru
    - Zalando
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!

For all: We will make a change for this weekend, Saturday and Sunday.
    Please let us know if you see improvements with Ads for those days.
  • It doesn't seem any different to me .... I still have ads that generate the white screen and others (i.e. Nature Made) just force a restart of the app.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We believe we have identify what is causing this and are working on implementing a fix.
    Once it is live I will let you know.
    Again thank you for all the reports, they have helped!
  • So... my problem is slightly different, my game doesn't lockup or need to restart, but after the end of the ad, it just goes back to the last state, as if nothing happened, and lets you ad-warp again. Second time usually works fine. This happens about 1 in 5 times, but seems to be more frequent today.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • So... my problem is slightly different, my game doesn't lockup or need to restart, but after the end of the ad, it just goes back to the last state, as if nothing happened, and lets you ad-warp again. Second time usually works fine. This happens about 1 in 5 times, but seems to be more frequent today.

playing the ad without a reward is common .... ironically it no longer bothers me, as I'm usually relieved that the app didn't lock up when it happens.
  • Guest Guest  ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    C'mon DB, you've got to pull this Nature Made ad .... I've gotten it three times this morning and it's killed STT every time. Playing a video game should not be this frustrating!
  • Normally I get the Lala 3 out of 5 times.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I haven't had nearly as many issues with ads as I have in the last few days. The one below is by far the most prevalent.

First, I get this screen for several seconds (notice how it's only taking up the top 3/4 of my device's display)...

c2fsyjn5w8kz.jpg

Then this screen, for a much longer period of time...

hlbrb6qcz7n5.jpg

And this is the final screen before it fails...

d0tp5m7d124j.jpg

However, that 3rd screen sometimes doesn't come up at all. Half the time it "locks" before then, and I can't exit out even with my back button. The only option is to force quit the game. Then there's a third thing that happens on occasion with this: the game crashes on its own.

As soon as I get the first screen above, I know it's probably not going to complete (although it has actually successfully completed the ad once or twice, for whatever reason). When I'm lucky enough to be booted back to the previous screen (instead of being forced to quit or booted out of the game automatically), I keep trying, hoping to get a different ad. Sometimes that works, after several tries. (Sometimes.)

As you can see in the upper right corner of the 2nd screenshot above, there is a Nature Made logo on that top bar.

hn9retf7egxo.jpg

Anyway, very frustrating.

⭐️~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~⭐️

EDIT: Adding the final screen when it freezes (as it just did again for me).

2mm9hojdfki5.jpg

⭐️~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~⭐️

======================
    Device: RCA Viking Pro tablet

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    C'mon DB, you've got to pull this Nature Made ad .... I've gotten it three times this morning and it's killed STT every time. Playing a video game should not be this frustrating!

Have this exact problem with same ad. Have sent ticket. The reply I got denied the specific ad as the problem. Rather informed me that sometimes ads are unavailable when players request one.

This may be true, but irrelevant to this situation. If there simply wasn't an ad available how would I know the ad is nature made?

This particular ad freezes & requires a restart of the game after it loads & starts.

I am curious how I get this ad to load & start at a time there aren't any available? My issue is clearly being misunderstood.

Edit: I have screenshots clearly identifying nature made starting & crashing stt
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Data1001 wrote: »
    I haven't had nearly as many issues with ads as I have in the last few days. The one below is by far the most prevalent.

First, I get this screen for several seconds (notice how it's only taking up the top 3/4 of my device's display)...

c2fsyjn5w8kz.jpg

Then this screen, for a much longer period of time...

hlbrb6qcz7n5.jpg

And this is the final screen before it fails...

d0tp5m7d124j.jpg

However, that 3rd screen sometimes doesn't come up at all. Half the time it "locks" on the second screen, and I can't exit out even with my back button. The only option is to force quit the game. Then there's a third thing that happens on occasion with this: the game crashes on its own.

As soon as I get the first screen above, I know it's probably not going to complete (although it has actually successfully completed the ad once or twice, for whatever reason). When I'm lucky enough to be booted back to the previous screen (instead of being forced to quit or booted out of the game automatically), I keep trying, hoping to get a different ad. Sometimes that works, after several tries. (Sometimes.)

As you can see in the upper right corner of the 2nd screenshot above, there is a Nature Made logo on that top bar. (Though I could swear that once or twice when the ad successfully played through, it wasn't necessarily a Nature Made ad.)

hn9retf7egxo.jpg

Anyway, very frustrating.

======================
    Device: RCA Viking Pro tablet

Yep, same. This is not the result arising from no ads available. Clearly identified is the nature made ad being the culprit
    ~ seeking out new life
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is ridiculous. I've had the occasional white screen problem since the 3.0 update, but now it's literally 2 out of 3 ads. I have to restart the app every time it happens, and that takes so much time!
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is independent of the ad type. It's getting WORSE. At this point its about 2 out of 3 ads for me. This is ridiculous, because I have to restart the app every time. That's like 30 seconds of my life right there. Sometimes I run the ad, it goes to white screen, I restart the app and try again, and sometimes it works, sometimes it does the same thing!
  • I have been having this problem all weekend on my android phone ... it's stuck on the Nature Made commercial ... and then the "white screen of death" Is there a way to force it to give you a different commercial?