Home Engineering Room

Game freezes (white screen) upon conclusion of advertisement

Comments

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Another ad that just crashed my game. Don't know what it's for, since it didn't get that far, but it began with a guy walking out of his house and getting hugged from behind by a large bear (yes, really). Played for about 5 seconds or so, then stopped and the game crashed.

EDIT: Got it again, and this time it played through without crashing the game. It's an ad for Spiriva (asthma medication).

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • I get similar, but it's a small white circle in the middle of a black screen, no ad, no x. Though if I click the circle, there appears a "play" button, and some writing below describing what could possibly be an ad, but it doesn't play. The ad warp usually has to be reloaded several times before it works. Now when I reload it, it's sometimes giving me the rewards without going through an ad.
  • Movies Anywhere still won’t close...it takes you to de App Store out of game on iPad Pro
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • I mostly get black screens on Android after the "Hailing Starfleet" timer hits the screen. Then the game hangs or reboots. The ads were working well for me for a few days last week, then back to normal (normal=being problematic).
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have merged threads regarding this issue.

There are fixes on the way!
  • I hope the fix comes soon. I realize we don’t have to receive but I’ve become used to them. Now I tend not to even do it at all missing out on rewards. As a side note, I found out about timelines from an ad on another app. So would hope this fix goes live soon
  • Back to white screen and forced re-start of game after nearly every ad. It seemed to have been better for a while.
  • Chief Eud{DD}rickChief Eud{DD}rick ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Ark of War is now crashing and now iShelter. It seems to be any of the unity ads
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    On which devices?
    Our fix for this is unfortunately delayed.
  • This thread started in October, and I'm still having the "white screen" problem after the ad plays. I created two separate support tickets about this and was told it was a "known issue." Any updates, Shan? Every time we try the ads again to see if they've been fixed, I assume DB gets paid for the ad, even if we don't get our rewards. :(
  • If it helps at all, I tried to get an extra scan with an ad (to finish my daily tasks). The ad was for "SA Company (SACO) Face Shields" and it froze with a white screen after the video. Later, after collecting the 20:00-22:00 Chroniton boost, I tried for the extra 10 Chronitons. I got the exact same ad, but it worked fine and I got the reward.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    What needed to be done for this was a bit more complex and took more time than anticipated.
    It will require a bit more patience still.
  • I got another "white screen" ad just a few minutes ago. I will continue to update this months-long thread until the problem is resolved.
  • While I don't get the white screen, the black screen with the white circle still replaces my ad warps sometimes and I need to restart the game for it to work. Some days the ads work more than others. Not sure what triggers it.

Sometimes, the app has me watch an add, only to crash and close the app entirely at the end instead of going to the reward screen. When I re-enter, sometimes when I click the ad warp again, it immediately goes to the rewards without having me watch it again.
  • When I click on add I get a black screen. And that's it. screen goes black and have to restart the game. This happens on all adds in the game. I'm running Android 4.4.2
  • I get a film trailer for "Darkest Hour", which then just sits on the final X screen at the end. If I click the X, it asks if I want to forfeit my reward. Clicking "OK" just takes me back to the original mission screen, where there's the option to run another ad warp. (Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 - Android.)
    "There are two types of beings in the universe - those who dance, and those who do not."
  • Tried again tonight. Another failed ad. Will continue to update to keep this thread at the top of the list.
  • Ad warp failed again. The ad played just fine with video and audio, then I got a blank white screen while the ambient sound continued.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no need to update this thread each time this is happening, we are aware of the issue, fixes are in place but they will require a new client. We will let you know when the fixes will go live.
  • Shan, I really appreciate your responsiveness, but I prefer to keep this thread at the top until DB actually implements the fix. DB is paid for playing the ad, but we don't get the rewards for watching the ad. Seems like DB isn't in a hurry to fix this problem that was reported months ago.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumping thread is not viewed kindly, so again I will ask you to refrain.
    The fix is quite involved and sadly took longer than we wanted.
  • Ads are again crashing my game & failing to give rewards after multiple views. Only since latest update.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand that you don’t want an update each time this happens, but it just happened for me for the first time five minutes ago. I hadn’t had the problem before. (iPhone 6S Plus, iOS 11.2.5, on v3.1.2) Thought I’d add my two cents in... it’s nice to know I’m not the only one...
  • [SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    This had gotten better for a while, but I'm back to having to force re-start the game after every single ad. Each one ends in a blank white screen on my iphone 6 (iOS 11.2.2). There is no specific ad that seems to be causing it. The only time it doesn't freeze after an ad, is if I run the ad immediately after starting (or re-starting) the game.
  • [SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I have to say, restarting the game after each ad, is really taking a lot of the fun out of this game.
  • Still happening. Today it was Toon Blast. Blue bar across the bottom, screen turns black and no credit for watching the ad.
    Raven434 [60]
    Fleet Leader of Adult Swim [73]
  • Same blue bar and black screen for "Get It Free" Survey. No credit for the ad.
    Raven434 [60]
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raven434 wrote: »
    Still happening. Today it was Toon Blast. Blue bar across the bottom, screen turns black and no credit for watching the ad.

Please post issues like these in the relevant Ad Issues thread at the top of Engineering Room, and provide screenshots whenever possible. Thank you!
  • I will, thanks!
    Raven434 [60]
  • Experienced the freezes too, and then also have to download the game, very frustrated...and then I even tried some games LOL it's fun tho. My friend aslo played Homescape from apknite. You guys can give it a chance :D