Home The Bridge

Vote for the STAR TREK TIMELINES Summer Mega-Event!

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
Greetings, Captains!

We’re about to start planning our summer Mega-Event, and we’d like your feedback in choosing the theme.

We want to know what show you’d like for us to feature, and what faction should play a part in this upcoming Mega-Event. We’ll total the results and use them to determine the crew and theme for the summer Mega-Event.

Here’s a link to the poll: http://bit.ly/STTMegaEventPoll

Poll Opens: Wednesday, February 28th at 12:00pm ET
Poll Closes: Wednesday, March 7th at 12:00pm ET

Live long and prosper,

The STAR TREK TIMELINES Team

Comments

• It's gonna be Dominion War...surely...maybe...
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    A poll to decide a Mega Event?!?! :open_mouth:

I must be dreaming

A sincere thank-you from me for deciding to go this route, I look forward to the results :)
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Very cool, thanks for doing this.
    "So you want a realistic, down to earth show, that's completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots."

I want a mega event involving the Dominion, filled with characters from the Original Series

I was just thinking about something like that.

What happens when the majority vote TOS as their favourite series and the Dominion as their favourite faction? :P

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • bowdybowdy ✭✭✭
    Interesting - I wonder does that mean we're having no mega till at least May? That would be most welcome. They aren't special when you run them every other month.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    @Shan – I clicked on the link and it takes me to a text page on googledocs, not a dynamic html page. Someone goofed?
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    TNG and Dominion were my poll selections. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
    edited February 2018
    @Shan – I clicked on the link and it takes me to a text page on googledocs, not a dynamic html page. Someone goofed?

Link worked for me, but it does first take you to the forum's "you're leaving the forum" page, so maybe that redirection bugged out?

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • That was a stupid poll. Why ask what my favorite series was, rather than ask what I would like to see in the Mega event? Why ask what my favorite STT faction is, rather than ask who I would like to see as the featured 5* ?

Based on my choices, it would end up being a Next Gen meets Augments. That's about as silly as a Next Gen Mirror event.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    So it asks to register to google before i can vote, no thx!
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe we will get a Vorta Riker :p
  • TNG and Dominion were my poll selections. :)

That would be cool. God knows what the Enterprise-E was doing during the Dominion War...
  • NS111111 wrote: »

That would be cool. God knows what the Enterprise-E was doing during the Dominion War...

Not being explorers, we know that much.
  • because it's non binding so they really don't want us to see the results
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
    Why not do the poll here rather than having to log in to google?

Probably because of the first question

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't have a Google ID; don't want one. Annoyed that is required in order to vote in this.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe we get a Mother Vorta. :D
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • TNG and Dominion were my poll selections. :)

Perfect selections :)
    Live long and prosper.
    Not a Native English speaker - be lenient toward me
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is a google id needed to vote? You're already collecting a separate email associated with STT. You shouldn't need a second google id.
  • edited February 2018
    Just remember... when we wanted a mirror event, DB gave us a TNG comics event. The way this is worded, if enough people vote for TOS and Augments, we could be looking forward to a whole month of Ice Pirates Chekov.

Generally, i'm not a fan of non-cannon crew either, however the TNG Mirror crew IMO were all very cool Mirror Geordi, Inquisitor Troi, and all the rest. B)

The only abomination was Mirror Janeway that I recall.
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • "So you want a realistic, down to earth show, that's completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots."

I want a mega event involving the Dominion, filled with characters from the Original Series

I was just thinking about something like that.

What happens when the majority vote TOS as their favourite series and the Dominion as their favourite faction? :P

You want the answer ?
    Lol last month is the answer.

You get a mix bag of coconuts that moderately amuse most but few are thrilled with at least at this point. You end up with Discovery Andorians Vulcan mega event.

Now, at some point..
    These off beat mixes will actually be the best choices..

I actually like the idea in the Future ™
    Of a tos vs Dominion mega event
    A hirogen Klingon series
    A Cardassian v Augment month..

But, much like wrestling..
    You got to listen to the fan base..
    You gotta make the match ups that make the most sense and that people are craving.

I applaud that DB ran this vote.
    I think it's awesome and I Want ds9 Dominion mega event...

But if it's tng Dominion or if it's Tos Hirogen it some walked up mix, I'll be a lot more into it regardless if it's what I picked because it's the community's choice. (Hopefully)