Home The Bridge

DB not listening to the masses (Kahless staying -> No Surak

Comments

• NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I'm completely indifferent on it. I like Captain Beverly Picard personally.

Want to really have fun with it. Since we've already got Katra Mccoy (Mccoy and Spock's Katra), the obvious solution is make a new Archer (to make the people wanting more Archer happy):
    Katra Archer - Archer AND Surak's Katra :)
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    My guess is still surak was planned but now tied up. People kept asking for someone, so they took a character people had wanted and timed it with her birthday to make her the new honor hall character.

Bev is not replacing Kahless.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its better to leave Kahless as is. Removing him would distort the game in favour of older players. The Mega's already give old players a big enough advantage as it is.

Capt Bev is ok. She would be my best Gauntlet MED but not by a lot. I don't think I'll purchase her for the time being. If a Bev Event happens I might change my mind.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »
    she looks rather wooden.

She's a witch!
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where oh where to DB get there so called information

By popular demand Kahless stays!!!

I don't know that I'd call the forums the masses, but there have been a lot of posts asking why he needed to be removed when a new toon was added. I know they initially said he was leaving, but why exactly do they need to pull him? Are people somehow harmed if he remains?

How many players have saved 100k's of honor for the new legend.

What a total waste of time,,,

And there's a new legend they can spend that 100K on if they choose to.
  • Where oh where to DB get there so called information

By popular demand Kahless stays!!!

How many players have saved 100k's of honor for the new legend.

What a total waste of time,,,

In my mind they are listening. There is no reason to remove any characters from the Honor Hall. They can add new characters without removing the old ones. The old ones self-remove if you purchase them.

They can add Surak at any time without removing Kahless

Best of both worlds

DB stated they were changing the honor hall Legend in the New Year, so yet again a statement from DB is to be taken with a pinch of salt.

If they can add Surak at any time then I say do it now DB!!!
  • Despite the stats I’m happy with Beverley. Can anyone post the art?

It’s also great news that Kahless is staying.

• Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monolithix wrote: »
    Despite the stats I’m happy with Beverley. Can anyone post the art?

It’s also great news that Kahless is staying.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4005/happy-birthday-gates-mcfadden-and-welcome-to-the-honor-hall#latest
  • Any chance of getting back to the topic of the thread Kahless staying when it's been announced that he was leaving in the New Year.

Where do I need to message DB so that my voice is heard?

@Shan @pebbles

What we suspect is it has to do with complications over the death of the actor that portrayed Surak. He passed away in December. It seems likely, given how this timeline has shaken out, that it WAS their intent for Surak to be the honor hall character, but had to change directions after his death if they had any difficulty securing rights to his image from his family.

Edit: and it's extremely unlikely that DB would ACTUALLY confirm something like that because it makes them look super petty saying "this family won't let us use the image of their recently deceased relative"

Yep totally agree just like Harcourt Fenton Mudd from TOS

Transparency from DB is non existent.
  • Well I don't hate the art and thanks for the link
  • Any chance of getting back to the topic of the thread Kahless staying when it's been announced that he was leaving in the New Year.

Where do I need to message DB so that my voice is heard?

@Shan @pebbles

What we suspect is it has to do with complications over the death of the actor that portrayed Surak. He passed away in December. It seems likely, given how this timeline has shaken out, that it WAS their intent for Surak to be the honor hall character, but had to change directions after his death if they had any difficulty securing rights to his image from his family.

Edit: and it's extremely unlikely that DB would ACTUALLY confirm something like that because it makes them look super petty saying "this family won't let us use the image of their recently deceased relative"

Yep totally agree just like Harcourt Fenton Mudd from TOS

Transparency from DB is non existent.

I don't think it's an issue of transparency. This is an issue of being respectful of a family that has just suffered a loss. The last thing DB wants to do is alienate them if their goal is to, ultimately, use the image of their lost love one.

This has to be one of the most crass posts I've ever read on this forum.

Surely the family would want their family member remembered and honored in perpetuity rather than hidden away from new audiences.

Crass get a grip!!!!
  • (OPA) Major Herps(OPA) Major Herps ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I like the addition of Captain Beverly to the game but her stats leave much to be desired for a ‘honor hall legend’. I guess Surak’s actor dying has likely had an effect on this situation.

IMO she doesn’t fit the immortance of what honor hall legends should be such as Kahless but eh, could have been worse... could have been another Burnham or Janeway.

I’d rather Honor Hall legends be time limited to buy.. ups their ‘desireability’ but there’s a good arguement to be made against that.
  • What are her stats?

FE/FF Level 100
    CMD 924 (165-345)
    DIP 473 (119-245)
    MED 926 (303-760)

Why are her gauntlet stats so low? I guess honor characters aren't necessarily for gauntlet, but lets be honest, most people will not fully fuse her due to cost so the full voyager potential won't be realized. Kahless was worth getting since you needed only one for his gauntlet potential.
  • Dralix wrote: »
    Magisse wrote: »
    she looks rather wooden.

She's a witch!

So... logically... if she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood! And therefore?
  • “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are her stats?

FE/FF Level 100
    CMD 924 (165-345)
    DIP 473 (119-245)
    MED 926 (303-760)

Why are her gauntlet stats so low? I guess honor characters aren't necessarily for gauntlet, but lets be honest, most people will not fully fuse her due to cost so the full voyager potential won't be realized. Kahless was worth getting since you needed only one for his gauntlet potential.

DB had nothing to lose and everything to gain by making a good card and instead they made a terrible card. Unless you've got a ton of extra honor to spare there's really no reason to buy this Crusher.

Sure she'll be good on some voyages but only at FF. That's not good enough for most players who need a month or more to acquire enough honor for a 5* citation.
  • A month? How many packs are you buying?
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    A month? How many packs are you buying?

If we start with fleet targets and daily missions, that's 770 per day. Add 2 6hr voyages, even with all 1* dilemmas, that's an easy 100 each. So call it 1000 per day minimum with no pulls. That's 50 days.
  • Yeah my fleet don't hit that (only 9 of us), usually do 4hrs voyages, as it works better with my day and get say 100 there, all daily targets and binning a few characters usually 1* or 2* so not getting near that.
  • bowdybowdy ✭✭✭
    I am happy with Bev. I think DB HAVE listened to the masses and added not only the caretaker as the 2nd eng/med/sci crew, but also made a legendary med crew that anyone can get, and not just in a limited pack pull (culber/def phlox) or as an event leg (mirror troi/crusher).

She's not uber, but she's cool. Captain of that spherical med ship Pheonix. I think she's great for the middle of the road player looking for an extra med, and good bonus potential. Hat's off to DB for a great crew choice!
  • edited March 2018
    Dralix wrote: »
    A month? How many packs are you buying?

If we start with fleet targets and daily missions, that's 770 per day. Add 2 6hr voyages, even with all 1* dilemmas, that's an easy 100 each. So call it 1000 per day minimum with no pulls. That's 50 days.

Yep, you are right. That's a bunch of Honor. I've been sitting back waiting for the Kahless Honor Hall "Replacement" for some time.

99m65c2y9lf4.png

That's were I ended up at. Although, I had high hopes of getting TOS Surak. Oh well - C'est la vie. :/

I still got a bunch of Honor all saved up = Nice problem to have.
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai