Home The Bridge

DB not listening to the masses (Kahless staying -> No Surak

124»

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are getting new honor hall cards and the old ones are staying around. I don't understand the problem here. The old honor crew is staying so that all the cheap people from before that didn't buy Khaless will have a shot at him. For those of us wanting a new cards we now have them. What is the issue? You can get 100k honor in a month of casual playing.
    Without buying lots of packs with dilithium? I get about 2000 honor a day as a monthly card person. Over 30 days that is 60k.

.....Ok....so it takes you slightly longer than a month. My point is Khaless is not that expensive.

I am not criticizing, just wondering what your secret is.
    Let’s fly!
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »
    Where oh where to DB get there so called information

By popular demand Kahless stays!!!

How many players have saved 100k's of honor for the new legend.

What a total waste of time,,,

In my mind they are listening. There is no reason to remove any characters from the Honor Hall. They can add new characters without removing the old ones. The old ones self-remove if you purchase them.

They can add Surak at any time without removing Kahless

Best of both worlds

There is every reason to remove Kahless from the honour hall. Diversity makes the gauntlet better. I don't want everyone to have the same characters.

I'm not seeing how these three sentences connect. What does diversity in the Gauntlet have to do with Kahless staying in the Honor Hall? For that matter, what's the connection between what you want anyone else to have and, well, anything?

I would try to clear it up for you, but I don't know what you aren't understanding. Your statement leads me to believe that you don't know what diversity is or what context I'm using it in.

By diversity, I mean seeing a variety of different characters in gauntlet. I don't think it's fun when my selection of opponents is all the same character. Do you?

While diversity is nice, being impossible to "catch up" is an even more demoralizing feeling. If Kahless were to go away, that would be four gauntlet staples (Kahless, Mirror Picard, Locutus, Guinan) that would be 100% impossible for new players to ever get.

If a new player ever wants to have a chance at competing with those, either DB needs to keep them in circulation in some manner or they need to create characters that are as strong or stronger (power creep).

For any given gauntlet, there is usually a "best crew". As time goes on, more and more people will have that "best crew". Planning for that meta-game is part of the fun.

I just want there to be a wide berth of best crew.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. I felt Locutus and Guinan both stayed in the Gauntlet too long. If everyone has the same crew you get the wall of crew effect, and then people start coming up with crazy algorithms to try and prevent that, when the simplest solution is just to make the crew harder to get so not everyone has the same crew. Create a new crew that can beat Kahless through some other approach(secondary skills, traits, whatever), put a different skill in the honor hall, keep swapping gauntlet crew. The point is you want a wide range of crew so there is not an obvious best and people have to create different combinations with the limited resources they have. If everyone has the same crew the game becomes stale.

P.S. I have 100k honor, I haven't bought Kahless and I'm not planning on it. I'm willing to match Kahless with my other crew and use my honor elsewhere. It's just too bad that Captain Beverly Picard is not worth that honor at all.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭

In my mind they are listening. There is no reason to remove any characters from the Honor Hall. They can add new characters without removing the old ones. The old ones self-remove if you purchase them.

Best of both worlds

There is every reason to remove Kahless from the honour hall. Diversity makes the gauntlet better. I don't want everyone to have the same characters.

I'm not seeing how these three sentences connect. What does diversity in the Gauntlet have to do with Kahless staying in the Honor Hall? For that matter, what's the connection between what you want anyone else to have and, well, anything?

I would try to clear it up for you, but I don't know what you aren't understanding. Your statement leads me to believe that you don't know what diversity is or what context I'm using it in.

By diversity, I mean seeing a variety of different characters in gauntlet. I don't think it's fun when my selection of opponents is all the same character. Do you?

While diversity is nice, being impossible to "catch up" is an even more demoralizing feeling. If Kahless were to go away, that would be four gauntlet staples (Kahless, Mirror Picard, Locutus, Guinan) that would be 100% impossible for new players to ever get.

If a new player ever wants to have a chance at competing with those, either DB needs to keep them in circulation in some manner or they need to create characters that are as strong or stronger (power creep).

For any given gauntlet, there is usually a "best crew". As time goes on, more and more people will have that "best crew". Planning for that meta-game is part of the fun.

I just don't find it fun when I encounter walls of the same crew after each and every refresh.

What I do find fun is a varying selection of opponents that each have their own strengths and weaknesses. I love getting a chance to use characters like DF Paris, Ambassador Troi, Judge Q, and others that aren't extremely useful in day to day action, but have a 45% or 65% gauntlet every once in a while. Maybe they should do that for more characters, say someone like The Professor with good but not great stats. It at least makes the crew selection more interesting.

DB got it right by adding a character like Mirror Shukar who is far from elite, but will be useful to everyone now and then. The answer to gauntlet problems lies in diversity in the characters and diversity in the traits.

I am not a proponent of homogeneity and power creep. I think that you are wrong to propose those solutions, as they would only make things worse.
  • Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    True, I happy that Bev is here, but 300k of honor to FF her, I would be here for the next 10 years! ha ha

Is that a typo? 200k surely?

No, he's right. 100k to get her 1/5, and 4 separate purchases of 50k honour to get her 5/5.
    So all in all 300k.

Ah, I thought he meant after the initial outlay. Okay, understood now. :)
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    TBH - Beverley Picard sounds like an Event Card not an Honor Hall Card (just my weird mind ticking I guess)

I do know there are plenty of shouts to have her added to the game however as have there been a great deal of people wanting Kahless to remain in the hall as well (100k honor + 50k*4) is a heck of a lot for anyone). So I disagree with the notion/sentiment of DB not listening, perhaps not necessarily implementing the joined up thinking we had in mind.

I do however agree Surak would have been a better option for the Honor Hall.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

Best of both worlds

I just don't find it fun when I encounter walls of the same crew after each and every refresh.

What I do find fun is a varying selection of opponents that each have their own strengths and weaknesses. I love getting a chance to use characters like DF Paris, Ambassador Troi, Judge Q, and others that aren't extremely useful in day to day action, but have a 45% or 65% gauntlet every once in a while. Maybe they should do that for more characters, say someone like The Professor with good but not great stats. It at least makes the crew selection more interesting.

DB got it right by adding a character like Mirror Shukar who is far from elite, but will be useful to everyone now and then. The answer to gauntlet problems lies in diversity in the characters and diversity in the traits.

I am not a proponent of homogeneity and power creep. I think that you are wrong to propose those solutions, as they would only make things worse.

Your example (adding Mirror Shukar) is an example of power creep. They introduced a character that made an existing slot/role a bit stronger under the appropriate trait conditions.
  • Actually I like that Kahless stays. I also dont care for a Surak. Bev is fine here :)
  • I don't understand why they think many people would spend 100,000 honor for these gauntlet stats, let alone 250k to max her for this:

FE/FF Level 100
    CMD 924 (165-345)
    DIP 473 (119-245)
    MED 926 (303-760)

Terrible.
    Won't buy.

• Grant77 wrote: »

Best of both worlds

Whole heartedly agree, how many times do we come up against a wall of Mirror Picards, Guinan's, Locutus's, 7 of 9 etc... with the starbase and collections additions their are a few variances within their stats.

We have had the founder of the Klingons, but we don't have the founder of the Vulcans???
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have had the founder of the Klingons, but we don't have the founder of the Vulcans???

And this is a problem because ... Vulcans are somehow objectively better than Klingons?

New characters are added every week. So for every post suggesting that it's a hugfe travesty that arbitrary character X is in the game but arbitrary character Y isn't - there's plenty of time. If rights can be secured, most of these characters will be added.
  • The problem is her stats. I like the idea of Captain Beverly Picard. But even Sulan is on par with her and he's in regular portals. Her MED is fine, but she would have needed an equally high CMD gauntlet stat value to justify 100'000 Honor for the gauntlet. She is much worse than Kahless and therefore I strongly recommend to give her for 50'000 Honor. Otherwise I don't see lots of players buying her off.

Needing "Equally high CMD" is a huge exaggeration. She is top 11 for gauntlet scores, and, if she has good traits (weren't announced in the post) like Mirror Picard, she could easily find a spot on an every day gauntlet team. Her MED roll is a little weaker than Mirror Phlox, but has two supporting rolls opposed to just one. She doesn't really fit alongside Guinan too well (DIP overlap) but it could be worse?

Voyage-wise, she leaves a bit to be desired (T25 score), but I have had trouble filling CMD/MED voyages. They, along with ENG/MED, are easily my worst combination.

She's not a slam-dunk purchase like Kahless, but she is also main cast crew, so she is more likely to come up in an event. I will probably pick her up if she ends up with good traits, but in a wait-and-see mode there.

Frankly, the longer I play this game the less stats seem to matter.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!