Home The Bridge

DB not listening to the masses (Kahless staying -> No Surak

Comments

• MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah my fleet don't hit that (only 9 of us), usually do 4hrs voyages, as it works better with my day and get say 100 there, all daily targets and binning a few characters usually 1* or 2* so not getting near that.
    Join a bigger fleet! Lots of us are looking for new regular players!
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah my fleet don't hit that (only 9 of us)

With a small fleet, you're definitely leaving some resources on the table. I'm not saying that's bad mind you. Some people prefer small fleets or solo, knowing that they don't get max rewards.
  • [DC] Principia[DC] Principia ✭✭✭✭
    NivenFres wrote: »
    I'm completely indifferent on it. I like Captain Beverly Picard personally.

Want to really have fun with it. Since we've already got Katra Mccoy (Mccoy and Spock's Katra), the obvious solution is make a new Archer (to make the people wanting more Archer happy):
    Katra Archer - Archer AND Surak's Katra :)
    Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
  • [VA] NATE[VA] NATE ✭✭✭
    Maybe too many people wanted surak and so they figured they would make more money putting him in a (10%) chance pack. I have absolutely no clue why people are mad about kahless staying.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the character Bev Picard more than surak, so I am happy. That said I have mirror Bev, AOS Bev, so I think I am good just need to citate some of my existing Med crew
    DB: Do Better
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I'm fine with Captain Beverly Picard. What I am not fine with is her stats.
    [VA] NATE wrote: »
    Maybe too many people wanted surak and so they figured they would make more money putting him in a (10%) chance pack. I have absolutely no clue why people are mad about kahless staying.

Because people love to complain, especially STT players lol.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointed by the stats. There are other's with very competitive med but much better secondary and tertiary stats, so I have no reason to waste honor on -1 crew slot to not be used.
    Thanks, but no thanks. Maybe the next one will get me.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    People have asked for Kahless to stay, and Captain Beverly has been much requested. So I don't think this is a good example of not listening.

Agreed. Also it is rather presumptuous of people to think Surak was most definitely going to be the HH person when DB has NEVER once given that indication.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't care either way. Don't have Kahless, but I have placed 1st in gauntlet, cleared the entire map, consistently in top 200 in events and easily run 9 or 10 hr voyages without refueling. Better things to spend 100K honor on (imo)....wont be getting Bev Picard either but I am happy for the people who are happy she is n the game!
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Where oh where to DB get there so called information

By popular demand Kahless stays!!!

How many players have saved 100k's of honor for the new legend.

What a total waste of time,,,

In my mind they are listening. There is no reason to remove any characters from the Honor Hall. They can add new characters without removing the old ones. The old ones self-remove if you purchase them.

They can add Surak at any time without removing Kahless

Best of both worlds

There is every reason to remove Kahless from the honour hall. Diversity makes the gauntlet better. I don't want everyone to have the same characters.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »

In my mind they are listening. There is no reason to remove any characters from the Honor Hall. They can add new characters without removing the old ones. The old ones self-remove if you purchase them.

Best of both worlds

There is every reason to remove Kahless from the honour hall. Diversity makes the gauntlet better. I don't want everyone to have the same characters.

Except for command I am not seeing a lot of kahlesses I just see never ending Mirror Picard walls.
    Let’s fly!
  • Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    I’m all for a Captain Beverly Picard and I like Gates McFadden, even if I can’t spell her name,

No spelling mistake(s) there, you got it right :)
    True, I happy that Bev is here, but 300k of honor to FF her, I would be here for the next 10 years! ha ha

Is that a typo? 200k surely?

On the other hand, it's not much of an honour "hall" if there's only ever one person in there. Would make for a very short tour lol.gif
    Except for command I am not seeing a lot of kahlesses I just see never ending Mirror Picard walls.

Same here. To be honest, I don't see Kahless that often, he'll crop up maybe every two or three fights. Picard though is there every fight now, sometimes squeezing almost everyone out of any one lineup.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    True, I happy that Bev is here, but 300k of honor to FF her, I would be here for the next 10 years! ha ha

Is that a typo? 200k surely?

No, he's right. 100k to get her 1/5, and 4 separate purchases of 50k honour to get her 5/5.
    So all in all 300k.

Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a heads up to anyone ready to jump in and grab Beverly as soon as she is available, if you want to add a second star with the $25 offer, make sure it’s been 72 hours since the last offer.
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a heads up to anyone ready to jump in and grab Beverly as soon as she is available, if you want to add a second star with the $25 offer, make sure it’s been 72 hours since the last offer.

You're a good Samaritan. Well done.
    Yep 300k is too much to FF Captain Crusher. Kahless was worth the 100k because he was amazing in gauntlet and you only needed him 1/5. Crusher needs better gauntlet or better command to be worth it. Still glad she is in game I just think she needs some buffing or her cost should only be 50-75k.
    Let’s fly!
  • MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

Best of both worlds

I'm not seeing how these three sentences connect. What does diversity in the Gauntlet have to do with Kahless staying in the Honor Hall? For that matter, what's the connection between what you want anyone else to have and, well, anything?

In a game which is about collecting characters, it would seem to be a great shame to make one or more characters completely impossible to obtain for people who didn't start playing earlier enough or who weren't luck enough during a given time frame. Even if it isn't through the honor hall, I think it is only fair to make Kahless obtainable elsewhere.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mordack wrote: »

Best of both worlds

I'm not seeing how these three sentences connect. What does diversity in the Gauntlet have to do with Kahless staying in the Honor Hall? For that matter, what's the connection between what you want anyone else to have and, well, anything?

In a game which is about collecting characters, it would seem to be a great shame to make one or more characters completely impossible to obtain for people who didn't start playing earlier enough or who weren't luck enough during a given time frame. Even if it isn't through the honor hall, I think it is only fair to make Kahless obtainable elsewhere.

I wholeheartedly concur. I'm also in the camp that supports adding the Gauntlet and Voyages exclusive crew to the Honor Hall once they're rotated out of those areas. To my mind, when they add Captain Beverly Picard next week, it'd be great if they also added Locutus of Borg and Bartender Guinan.
  • Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    Stats or not. I'm dropping the 100K on Bev Picard the moment she is up. It's rare I'm happy about a character, but she is the best Captain Picard in Star Trek and you can't convince me otherwise.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the point that Beverly is main crew and therefore might be more loved by the fans than Kahless, but her stats are still worse than those of Kahless and not just a little bit. Kahless has got a very strong CMD roll and still a reasonably high SEC roll while his DIP roll is about as strong as Crusher's secondary or tertiary rolls (both about the same).

Since she's gunna be event crew more often surely than Kahless and since her base with my collection and starbase bonuses will hit around 1080 on both CMD and MED, I will think about it. But it's still a steep price for a 25ish ranked voyage card and not even Top 5 gauntlet. :(
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • We are getting new honor hall cards and the old ones are staying around. I don't understand the problem here. The old honor crew is staying so that all the cheap people from before that didn't buy Khaless will have a shot at him. For those of us wanting a new cards we now have them. What is the issue? You can get 100k honor in a month of casual playing.
    We are getting new honor hall cards and the old ones are staying around. I don't understand the problem here. The old honor crew is staying so that all the cheap people from before that didn't buy Khaless will have a shot at him. For those of us wanting a new cards we now have them. What is the issue? You can get 100k honor in a month of casual playing.
    Without buying lots of packs with dilithium? I get about 2000 honor a day as a monthly card person. Over 30 days that is 60k.
    Let’s fly!
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭

Best of both worlds

I would try to clear it up for you, but I don't know what you aren't understanding. Your statement leads me to believe that you don't know what diversity is or what context I'm using it in.

By diversity, I mean seeing a variety of different characters in gauntlet. I don't think it's fun when my selection of opponents is all the same character. Do you?
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    So do I. Then I beat them with Kahless. Well, traits depending. And trait depending I do see Wall of Kahless (TM).
  • We are getting new honor hall cards and the old ones are staying around. I don't understand the problem here. The old honor crew is staying so that all the cheap people from before that didn't buy Khaless will have a shot at him. For those of us wanting a new cards we now have them. What is the issue? You can get 100k honor in a month of casual playing.
    Without buying lots of packs with dilithium? I get about 2000 honor a day as a monthly card person. Over 30 days that is 60k.

.....Ok....so it takes you slightly longer than a month. My point is Khaless is not that expensive.
  • Dralix wrote: »
    People have asked for Kahless to stay, and Captain Beverly has been much requested. So I don't think this is a good example of not listening.

Agreed. Also it is rather presumptuous of people to think Surak was most definitely going to be the HH person when DB has NEVER once given that indication.

I expected him be a mega event 5* when/if he made it into the game.