Home The Bridge

Scraping the bottom of the barrel with these crew, which is the worst?

Capt. Pete OwenCapt. Pete Owen ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in The Bridge
Which of these boring, unimaginative crew do you find to be least worthy of being in the game?
lrzau46w4w2d.jpeg

Smitten Picard a 5*? When he is a mere shadow of his true self who is only a 2*. Seriously!

I must of blinked when
Prospero Data was on the show or dozed off, boring! Already enough costumed Data’s.

Prospect Burnham, literally a glimps of that version in 1 episode, think the Burnham thing has been milked too much already.

Captain Barak Who?
The guy was in the movie for a couple of minutes & did we even learn his name then? Not worthry!

I’m not going to even comment on Celebratory Ash Taylor!

What makes a Dancing Uhura better than a normal Uhura in uniform? No really, I’d like to know because it escapes me to how or why.

The outfits Q changes into are possibly the worst of all, a spit second on the show & yet somehow worthy of being a crew in the game. 🤦🏻‍♂️

That brings me to my point.
The lack of imagination of some of the crew added to the game at times truly astonishes me, especially when there are far more interesting & dynamic characters left to be added, ones who have significantly more air time than these glimpsing blunders.
Joined game 6th March 2016

Scraping the bottom of the barrel with these crew, which is the worst? 124 votes

Smitten Picard
10%
WaldoMagZombie Squirrel abegheer1South of SuluLady Gaghgaghgregoryt[STFL] TheHell2Earth[UFP] DazzerZenthaneXkapuTP:ToPetter ~SE~PrimusWesley M Clarkezomgel 13 votes
Prospero Data
1%
Captain DurfShakaar 2 votes
Prospect Burnham
29%
[SSR] The Iron CowDpmtIvanstonemiddleheadscruffy151[CAB595] Emrys Myrddin[10F] Fuzzy Moo·§ë· For the Manyweatherseed[SFW] Quick ClaudegrumpsJean-Luc Kenobi[S47] ELiLTcalbowdyRowdenMaestermagusSiegfried [DD] Kirk Induced Self DestructionKiller Kitty 36 votes
Mariachi Q
0%
KTz 1 vote
Comd Barak
13%
[KM]VidemRocpileCaptain Sisko [AA]JhamelNeos472Jim Raynor[STJ] WendellAHSOG2littlestoatieJean-Luck Picard[SSR]TrollhammerenDrone_onecaptain_yarYateball[OPA] Col. Fred L. JohnsonHomeboyCastell-Neath 17 votes
Celebratory Ash
26%
Amphistaff[KM] UL1R53For CardassiaProsserMordack William T. RikerBigstupidgrinGeneral McDuckJim Steele[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerAuntieABakksterHungry Dog DDMLarxeneBrunt, FCA12345678 of 123456789÷ The Eternal ChampionAce BoogieMOZangelesSDShran Wrap 33 votes
Dancing Uhura
4%
Nad HalShadowconmaster(ST) Dreadnought ThurthoradveX 5 votes
Florist Q
5%
MidspeedVice Admiral StarfishIronagedaveCapt. Pete Owen[AR-UNI] General AbreAixTrepanator 7 votes
All of the above!
8%
Chief Eud{DD}rickCaptain_WhoDittoPinkyfirstK Han Solo Ng & Thank4 All Dtea•RIVIN•S14 Bri Dazed and ConfusedCSR _WaylanderÅnubis 10 votes

Comments

• Florist Q
    Tantexto wrote: »
    Can I vote for this poll?

NO!
  • Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with Smitten Picard. Sure, he looks pretty similar to the uncommon version of Picard, but I think every main cast member should have one Legendary card that represents their classic look.
  • Smitten Picard
    I'd say Smitten Picard, also he was only acting to get back Troi senior, for a whole 30 seconds, should have been flute playing Picard, least there was a whole ep where that was important, and at least one other where he was playing the flute with Daren
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    Celebratory Ash
    These are designed after memorable or pivotal moments not screen time. Fan favorites you could say. The 5* ratings on some seem to have more to do with rarity then skill set
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Prospect Burnham
    Sorry, I for one LOVE Meme Picard
    Immortalized: 465
    Tour of duty: January 2016 to present.
    Shut up Wesley.
  • Florist Q
    I'm fine with Smitten Picard. Sure, he looks pretty similar to the uncommon version of Picard, but I think every main cast member should have one Legendary card that represents their classic look.

So you think that the 5* Smitten Picard is better than the 2* Enterprise D Picard just because he’s making a fool of himself to rescue Lwaxana Troi from the Ferengi?
  • Smitten Picard
    Meme Picard serves his purpose, but no way should be a 5*
  • Florist Q
    Sorry, I for one LOVE Meme Picard

Rarity of a crew should represent their strengths as a character in the show.
    If they had at least given the Enterprise D Picard a 4 or 5* rating to begin with then they could have easily given the lesser versions a 1or 2* to match their worth.
  • Smitten Picard
    but shouldn't be
  • Florist Q
    Brunt, FCA wrote: »
    Is this a joke? I mean, you're free to dislike some of them (I do too) and there are certainly a bunch of characters/versions the game needs, but how are Mariachi Q and the Shakespearean Picard and Data "boring"? Might not be really pivotal but they certainly aren't "unimaginative"

The ‘unimaginative’ dig was directed at the need to bring lesser characters into the game so soon when there are more worthy & dynamic characters from the franchise left to choose from.
    Hence the title of the threat, scrapping the bottom of the barrel.
    No objections to them being in the game but I’d of expected to see such characters years down the line when the game was losing inspiration.
  • Celebratory Ash
    Brunt, FCA wrote: »
    Is this a joke? I mean, you're free to dislike some of them (I do too) and there are certainly a bunch of characters/versions the game needs, but how are Mariachi Q and the Shakespearean Picard and Data "boring"? Might not be really pivotal but they certainly aren't "unimaginative"

The ‘unimaginative’ dig was directed at the need to bring lesser characters into the game so soon when there are more worthy & dynamic characters from the franchise left to choose from.
    Hence the title of the threat, scrapping the bottom of the barrel.
    No objections to them being in the game but I’d of expected to see such characters years down the line when the game was losing inspiration.

Ok yeah, I can agree with that. At the very least, something like Prospero Data is more enjoyable than like the three almost identical versions of Saru.
  • Florist Q
    Dralix wrote: »
    So you think that the 5* Smitten Picard is better than the 2* Enterprise D Picard just because he’s making a fool of himself to rescue Lwaxana Troi from the Ferengi?

He's better because 5>2.

I saw you had posted something so I thought “hey why not remove him from the ignore list just to see if he had anything worth saying”.

Nope, won’t be making that mistake again!
  • Florist Q
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Prospect Burnham. Why did we another Burnham almost exactly the same as a Burnham we just got recently?

Ash is the runner-up mostly because he looks silly.

PS Mark Lenard's ghost should kick the OP in the nuts for including Barak in the poll.

Total respect to Mark Lenard as an actor and his notable rolls as Sarek & the Romulan Commander.

But the Klingon who was in the 1st movie for all of 2 minutes, lacking!
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    remove him from the ignore list

Brings a tear to my eye.
  • Smitten Picard
    I don't mind the 1 off variants like Prospero Data, more the fact that we 1 & 2* Captains who should be higher in status, but no, their one off version are like 4 or 5* and also only ever see once in the game, maybe a lucky portal pull, then it's 200k of honor to FF
  • Florist Q
    I see you Drakix, I just can’t read you 🤫
  • NeemsNeems ✭✭✭
    I'm not positive what you're getting at here. Are you saying Timelines needs to make a comprehensive list of characters in the show based on their importance or power and go down that list in order, never releasing filler characters, whether or not people want them? Both versions of that Q were requested, the Uhura is as fine as any other version of her they could have added, Picard was put in on a laugh, the Disco characters are maybe overkill but we were always going to get a giant flood of them considering it's current, on-air Trek. The Data and Barak I have no argument for, other than to repeat that the game requires filler characters to get by. If you churn out everyone that matters first, people leave when you get down to the more obscure characters or one-episode outfits on main cast.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comd Barak
    Commander Oba ... rak.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barack should have probably been a three star, admittedly. And the Picard/Meme card is peak cringe. Otherwise, these cards are fine.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Smitten Picard
    The argument for some of the crew on the list is that their rarity is too high. Ex. Smitten Picard and Dancing Uhura. Add a vote for dancing Uhura.
    But for me even though I might not like a character, I agree with comments about putting them in before more important crew. I agree with OP about rarity on some crew higher than more important variants.

Lost my poll selection. I voted for Smitten Picard.

Edit: After giving this much thought, one star and two star crew must have all main cast crew for new players. These one star and two star main cast crew cannot be compared to any others for determining what level others should be.

Thus Smitten Picard should have been a 3star as well as Dancing Uhura. We can only argue rarity in three star to legendary range. Though we can certainly point to crew who could possibly be one star and two star. They still are viable to be three star.
  • MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Celebratory Ash
    I didn't really see the point of Celebratory Ash Tyler. I understand that it was at least in part a Discovery themed event, but there are still lots of characters from that series who don't even have one version yet.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

3ka9iwqolq3a.jpeg

Smitten Picard is a fun version to reflect his legendary meme status. I’m cool with him, I want that variant.

There are characters that I’m puzzled by their 5* status... Tilly, Torchbearer, Shukar, Lissan and Culber come to mind as recent additions.

I think most are ‘passable’ on your list.

I wholeheartedly concur.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comd Barak
    5* Lissan should be on the list as well. She's brand new, but definitely not worth to be a 5* card in my opinion. If an Aenar would deserve it, then Jhamel! But even Jhamel - as much as I love her - would only deserve to be a 4* card, Lissan a 3* or 2* actually.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")