Home The Bridge

Scraping the bottom of the barrel with these crew, which is the worst?

124»

Comments

• Ivanstone wrote: »
    And we don’t have a 2* Q. I would love a Cadet Q. Can we have Q Junior as a 2*? Except being Q needs to count as Alien this time. And I also need Female Q.

2* Q should be naked Q. The game needs John de Lancie's butt.

Yes please.
    Sisko: What are you gonna learn in the next few months that you haven't already learned in the last 300 years?
    Ezri Dax: Oh, how to keep from breaking into tears for no reason...
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    And we don’t have a 2* Q. I would love a Cadet Q. Can we have Q Junior as a 2*? Except being Q needs to count as Alien this time. And I also need Female Q.

1* Q could be that time when he was the dog in the Q Continuum.

All omnipotent beings should be 5* :)
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prospect Burnham
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    Ivanstone wrote: »

1* Q could be that time when he was the dog in the Q Continuum.

All omnipotent beings should be 5* :)

Naked Q wasn't omnipotent. Dog Q would be acting less omnipotent out of boredom.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smitten Picard
    I love Prospero, he's the Data I like most other than Romulan Data.
    I like Dancing Uhura although I'd rather have the version from ST:V instead with the fan dance.
    Mariachi Q is alright, it's creative even though I'm not enthralled by him.
    Florist Q is okay I guess, it's nice to have more 3*s who are one-off versions, same with Expedition Shran.

The only ones I don't like are...

Celebratory Ash, mainly for the artwork though. I think having more versions of him is fine, but the artwork on that one is just so bad.

Prospect Burnham because she is barely any different from Graduation Burnham and I still don't know why Prospect her was made at all.

Commander Barak is actually okay to me, but I did not like having to go "who the eff is that" and then not really being able to find any info on him because DB honestly had to craft his character more since he had barely any character in canon. This is unlike situations where we go "who the eff is that" and then the character does have ample info on a memory alpha page like Kortar.

But I voted for Smitten Picard. I don't like the idea of memeing up Star Trek more than it needs to be and Smitten Picard just did not need to be made.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Dralix wrote: »
    I still can’t watch some episodes from the first two seasons of DS9

Move along home ...

I'll say this for "Move Along Home": It's clearly a bad fit for DS9 and would have also been a bad fit for TNG, but I think it would have made for a possibly entertaining episode of TOS. It's easy to see Captain Kirk, Dr. McCoy, Ensign Chekov, and very likely a redshirt (a woman, naturally) having to run the gauntlet of the Chula challenges while Mr. Spock had to save them while squaring off against the Wadi.

I view "Move Along Home" as the prelude to TOS infusion into DS9 that was paid off with "Blood Oath", "Crossover", and "Trials and Tribble-ations". I'm not defending "Move Along Home" or even trying to suggest that it's a better episode than is generally agreed. I readily agree with the consensus that it is ultimately an entirely wasted hour. Just wanted to note that this is a context in which I've come to place it that I've never really heard anyone else advocate for over the years, and I try to promote consideration of it when the episode comes up.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Celebratory Ash

Move along home ...

I'll say this for "Move Along Home": It's clearly a bad fit for DS9 and would have also been a bad fit for TNG, but I think it would have made for a possibly entertaining episode of TOS. It's easy to see Captain Kirk, Dr. McCoy, Ensign Chekov, and very likely a redshirt (a woman, naturally) having to run the gauntlet of the Chula challenges while Mr. Spock had to save them while squaring off against the Wadi.

I view "Move Along Home" as the prelude to TOS infusion into DS9 that was paid off with "Blood Oath", "Crossover", and "Trials and Tribble-ations". I'm not defending "Move Along Home" or even trying to suggest that it's a better episode than is generally agreed. I readily agree with the consensus that it is ultimately an entirely wasted hour. Just wanted to note that this is a context in which I've come to place it that I've never really heard anyone else advocate for over the years, and I try to promote consideration of it when the episode comes up.

I actually liked Move Along Home for two reasons:

It developed the Bashir/Jadzia thing where Bashir starts to accept Jadzia as his friend and nothing more

It helps establish that Quark is not actually a bad guy, he's just a Ferengi, and those two things aren't the same

Basically, the character moments in that episode were well done and I liked them. The actual plot however...well yeah. Purple facepaint people with a weird game and some sticks sounds right up TOS' alley.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Florist Q
    Unfortunately Prospect Burnham and Celeb Ash Tyler are not bottom of the barrel when it comes to voyages :P

I do agree there are just so many variants of the same characters in the game and yet so many characters that haven't even been added yet.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

Move along home ...

I actually liked Move Along Home for two reasons:

It developed the Bashir/Jadzia thing where Bashir starts to accept Jadzia as his friend and nothing more

It helps establish that Quark is not actually a bad guy, he's just a Ferengi, and those two things aren't the same

Basically, the character moments in that episode were well done and I liked them. The actual plot however...well yeah. Purple facepaint people with a weird game and some sticks sounds right up TOS' alley.

Good points!