Home The Bridge

@DB - Just who IS the EMH Mark 1?

Comments

• Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ikrit wrote: »
    Brunt, FCA wrote: »
    Poses aren't always the exactly the same as they were in the show. Like, 3* Brunt is his body from Family Business but his face/name/staff are from Profit and Lace, an episode where he had a totally different outfit. And Duchamps was taken from a scene where he was sitting down, but he's standing in-game (there are a few others like that too).

Benny Russell also has his glasses on in the art, but not in the scene. But then, the glasses are a distinctive part of his character.

I think you're right about this being the First Contact EMH from the art. But his location with The Doctor in the vault suggests that he might still count as a variant of The Doctor.

Worth noting is that Colonel Worf has been lumped in with Worf, Son of Mogh. It's less conspicuous now that the vault sorts alphabetically, but this was so prior to that update, when crew were grouped together as variants, but otherwise scattered.

I find the whole thing curious for some reason. It seems obvious to me that the key reason to put the EMH Mark I in the gray shouldered uniform was to distinguish him visually from The Doctor, who was in the early DS9/VOY uniform exclusively. But which of his "brothers" is it?

Someone remind me to bring this up next time @Admiral Prince runs a Q&A thread!
  • Ice ManIce Man ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Grammar matters? Why then is the Insectoid from the Xindi Council not a Councillor, but rather a Counselor? Where are his MED stats? He didn't seem particularly easy to talk to.....

• kobakoba ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    ...and also Vic Fontaine, who is pictured with white handkerchief in is suit, that he never wore onscreen
    Leader of the Czechoslovak Fleet (Starbase level 134). We are recruiting!

My Cryostasis Vault
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The EMH Mark 1 is the one with the highest green base MED ever ... first to hit 400 without any bonies. I'd say this is meowsome! :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why we're still around here. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • And Voyager's Doctor can have the version where he says, "Please state the nature of the medical emergency- I do wish I could stop saying that."
    It occurred to me that, since we can search by series, to check the vault. Emergency Medical Hologram Mk. 1 does populate under the VOY designation, and he groups with Doctor variants, before Donik. Implicitly, then, I think that establishes that he is, in fact, a version of The Doctor and not merely any other EMH. Which, in turn, places him in a uniform that The Doctor never actually wore, making him (gasp!) a non-canon Doctor?

hz8bqqui5ulc.jpg
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Emergency Medical Hologram Mk. 1 does populate under the VOY designation, and he groups with Doctor variants, before Donik. Implicitly, then, I think that establishes that he is, in fact, a version of The Doctor

The same logic establishes that Eddington is a version of Ezri.

m416kn554jpe.png
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    Emergency Medical Hologram Mk. 1 does populate under the VOY designation, and he groups with Doctor variants, before Donik. Implicitly, then, I think that establishes that he is, in fact, a version of The Doctor

m416kn554jpe.png
    Well that would explain...!!!, Uh, nothing. Nothing at all.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, think about it. Did we ever see them on screen together?

m416kn554jpe.png

Well, that puts a new spin on the final arc of DS9....
    Well, think about it. Did we ever see them on screen together?

No, but apparently we've now seen Eddington and Worf "together". And Eddington and Bashir.

...I regret ever starting this thread.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...I regret ever starting this thread.

No regrets, Travis.
    edited March 2019
    Bumping this thread because, in light of the Timelines' Originals collection, I think it merits an official response from DB that we never got. Is this:

*The generic EMH aboard the Enterprise in First Contact
    *The generic EMH Lewis Zimmerman brought to DS9
    *The Doctor in a non-canon uniform
    Shan wrote: »
    Bumping this thread because, in light of the Timelines' Originals collection, I think it merits an official response from DB that we never got. Is this:

*The generic EMH Lewiz Zimmerman brought to DS9

He is from First Contact.

Thank you, @Shan.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you, @Shan.

You may be satisfied by that answer but I'm not. If he's from First Contact as the "easy answer" above suggests, why's he holding a PADD in that stance.... Doc didn't touch a PADD in First Contact whatsoever. Furthermore to this, Dr. Crusher indicates she "swore she'd never use one of these" implying this was his first activation. Given the fact he was used as a doorstop and the borg said what's up shortly after, there's no situation he'd be in this stance with the PADD. Definitely NOT from First Contact
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

Thank you, @Shan.

You may be satisfied by that answer but I'm not. If he's from First Contact as the "easy answer" above suggests, why's he holding a PADD in that stance.... Doc didn't touch a PADD in First Contact whatsoever. Furthermore to this, Dr. Crusher indicates she "swore she'd never use one of these" implying this was his first activation. Given the fact he was used as a doorstop and the borg said what's up shortly after, there's no situation he'd be in this stance with the PADD. Definitely NOT from First Contact

I don’t suppose the art could be updated to replace the PADD with an analgesic cream?
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you, @Shan.

I don’t suppose the art could be updated to replace the PADD with an analgesic cream?

Now we're talking

Thank you, @Shan.

I propose that Emergency Medical Hologram, Mk. 1 is a non-canon version of the Enterprise EMH and should therefore be in the Timelilnes' Originals collection.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's from USS Komodo, but they never switch him on.

...anyone?
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ikrit wrote: »
    Brunt, FCA wrote: »
    Poses aren't always the exactly the same as they were in the show. Like, 3* Brunt is his body from Family Business but his face/name/staff are from Profit and Lace, an episode where he had a totally different outfit. And Duchamps was taken from a scene where he was sitting down, but he's standing in-game (there are a few others like that too).

Benny Russell also has his glasses on in the art, but not in the scene. But then, the glasses are a distinctive part of his character.

I think you're right about this being the First Contact EMH from the art. But his location with The Doctor in the vault suggests that he might still count as a variant of The Doctor.

Also how Boothby's body art is from a TNG episode, but his hat art is from a VOY episode.

That's not Boothby in the voyager episode!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanna go on record.

I didn't do it.....
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furthermore to this, Dr. Crusher indicates she "swore she'd never use one of these" implying this was his first activation. Given the fact he was used as a doorstop and the borg said what's up shortly after, there's no situation he'd be in this stance with the PADD. Definitely NOT from First Contact
    Crusher wasn't the only doctor on the Enterprise - and the EMH would surely more likely to be activated by a non-doctor?

In Picard's ready room, Riker reveals that the Enterprise-E had been in space for "nearly a year" by the time of First Contact. Plenty of time for an EMH activation where he picks up a PADD.
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    Furthermore to this, Dr. Crusher indicates she "swore she'd never use one of these" implying this was his first activation. Given the fact he was used as a doorstop and the borg said what's up shortly after, there's no situation he'd be in this stance with the PADD. Definitely NOT from First Contact
    Crusher wasn't the only doctor on the Enterprise - and the EMH would surely more likely to be activated by a non-doctor?

In Picard's ready room, Riker reveals that the Enterprise-E had been in space for "nearly a year" by the time of First Contact. Plenty of time for an EMH activation where he picks up a PADD.

But, even if that happened, it was "off-screen". So, non-canon. Not even nikon.........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭

Even if nobody had switched the EMH on for actual medical duties - it's an emergency system, like a lifepod - they'd absolutely have had someone like Barclay (exactly like Barclay, since he helped design the thing) doing diagnostics, especially since it's a new ship and they'd want to test everything. Barclay probably gave him a PADD so he could help with his own self-checks, while Bev stood around and fumed.
    edited March 2019
    Kaitee wrote: »

Even if nobody had switched the EMH on for actual medical duties - it's an emergency system, like a lifepod - they'd absolutely have had someone like Barclay (exactly like Barclay, since he helped design the thing) doing diagnostics, especially since it's a new ship and they'd want to test everything. Barclay probably gave him a PADD so he could help with his own self-checks, while Bev stood around and fumed.

Giving him something to hold would also help to verify tactile photonic density calibration.