Home The Bridge

How many legendary crew have you airlocked.

edited March 2018 in The Bridge
I hope ya'll are okay with this poll...since i know how annoying they can be.

How many legendary crew have you airlocked. 215 votes

0, each legendary is precious, even if i already have them ff
50%
RabbsorinevAstrometrics[RotP]Ran Airen[KM] UL1R53Captain TF[NDQ] Joker41NAMMordackMagisse{SST} Captain Magenta BorealisGAWA[TFA] CeleresNad HalehmigaNeos472[QH] OxmyxJim Steele[TLA]  84wb[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerCapt Ajamm 109 votes
1-5, I sometimes get one copy to many...rarely
36%
Warrior Willouss_bonaventurePeachtree RexeXo | The CommishAmphistaffCaptain_Who/SSR/ Captain S'logThe FishCaptainUnderpants[DDF] Marge GundersonSabine of AthensCaptain DurfFor CardassiaData1001RocpileCapt. ChaosMcCaptainfaceTravis S McClain William T. RikerIvanstone 78 votes
6-10, i couldve worked on a second copy...but didnt.
5%
[DC] PrincipiaSSR BarkleyXoiikuJhamelCommander TuckerPallidyne[BL] Q [SFW] Quick ClaudekvafygregorytRikerWasNumber1 11 votes
10-20, this is why i dont buy the 10 for 10 offer anymore
1%
Ice Man[FF] Frylock IBOL17Gib - Admiral MarinersSirreadsalot 4 votes
20 to 40, i really wish DB would increase the honor given by dismissing a legendary...
2%
[QH] He-Who-MeowsPinkyfirstQuickfingersCaptain RantSomeJaysofacton 5 votes
40 or more, hi...my name is Frank and i make sure DB is doing its job and is putting the newest crew in their packs each week. Thats why i have airlocked an insane amount of legendaries...i already have like 4 ff copies.
3%
izausomeZombie Squirrel Captain Sisko [AA]eXo | SilverRose (retired)Banjo1012Gandozer {SoS}[DoBetter] Pale MoonlightCitizen Nod 8 votes

Comments

• Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    For 550 honour its not worth it!! Only duplicate I have is Guinan, I am deliberately not fusing characters that are 4/5* in beholds to avoid the dreaded 3 maxed characters.

Hoping that they increase the airlock honour, but I think hell will freeze before that happens
    DB: Do Better
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    40 or more, hi...my name is Frank and i make sure DB is doing its job and is putting the newest crew in their packs each week. Thats why i have airlocked an insane amount of legendaries...i already have like 4 ff copies.
    I just airlocked two Quarks from this event from the $25 pack. I really didn’t expect to get them and I can not stand Ferengi. I then got one premium pull from the dilithium I got from that purchase. Got a 5* behold. Enterprise something Picard, dancing uhura and a tuvok. Didn’t care for any of them so picked tuvok and sent him packing. I’ve prolly airlocked 4/5 worth of age of sail crushers. I’m just really picky about my crew. I don’t care about stats, if I’m not a fan of the character, out they go. Never once bought crew slots in the two years in this game. My quarters are at 174/180.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far, Grilka is the only Legendary I've airlocked because I didn't want her. I actually don't think I've airlocked any others, though — unless I'm forgetting. I don't believe I've had any Legendary Beholds where all three were FF (plenty of Super-rare Beholds like that, however).

I have gotten dupes of certain crew from buying multiple event packs, but I have kept them all, I think — so I've got 2 Romulan Datas and 2 Mirror Bevs. If either of them were not nearly as strong as they are, I might've dumped the extra copies, but I have made use of them, and I won't be running out of space any time soon (currently 49 empty crew slots).

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • edited March 2018
    Ive only airlocked one legendary. An extra copy of suus mahana sarek i got after i had purchased a 25 dollar special offer then got his last star on the 4th pack, then got a 6th copy on the 5th pack...didnt need him so out he went.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    So far, Grilka is the only Legendary I've airlocked because I didn't want her. I actually don't think I've airlocked any others, though — unless I'm forgetting. I don't believe I've had any Legendary Beholds where all three were FF (plenty of Super-rare Beholds like that, however).

I have gotten dupes of certain crew from buying multiple event packs, but I have kept them all, I think — so I've got 2 Romulan Datas and 2 Mirror Bevs. If either of them were not nearly as strong as they are, I might've dumped the extra copies, but I have made use of them, and I won't be running out of space any time soon (currently 49 empty crew slots).

Yes, it is worth it to keep two of a strong crew. As you can see, often times both my Mirror Troi’s Are on a voyage6dkk4q2z0ckc.png

• KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just two, Proto-Worf and Will Scarlet - I was struggling with a nasty crew space crunch, I hadn't really got a grip on the stats involved so I kind of assumed that anyone who wasn't fully fused would be of any use, and I like Worf but neither of them are really cherished versions, so I let them go to make room. It's a regret and I have a strict 'keep everything' policy now (which is much easier with Voyages, now I'm actually getting the chrons needed to finish and cryo crew enough to keep up). The free Scarlet handed out a little while back was nice, and if another Wereworf turns up for me somewhere it'll be a satisfying moment to put the whole thing behind me.
  • 0, each legendary is precious, even if i already have them ff
    So far, I've escaped the dreaded triple behold, and I've spent alot on slots.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seven dismissals so far, because of Be-Golds with three immortalized choices inside.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • edited March 2018
    Its not that I got one copy "to" [sic] many.

Crew space limitations earlier on in my Captaincy.
  • NS111111NS111111 ✭✭✭
    I airlocked 2. A long long time ago - before the vault and in one of the worst crew slot crisis times. Suliban Reed and (massive regrets) Detective Data.
  • 6-10, i couldve worked on a second copy...but didnt.
    Most of mine were mega-event 5-stars I don't want (which has made arena and gauntlet way harder, but at least I'm playing with crew I like--I try to be zen about it) and the other is Ugly Martok.
  • RogueAngylRogueAngyl ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I've considered it from time to time, but some of my 1/5s are better than my 4/4s so I'd rather dump a languishing 1/4 instead. Also, not funding anyone's retirement at DB with my spending patterns so for the first 18 months or so getting legendaries were very rare for me.

That being said, I wouldn't save extra copies if I have one immortalled.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    NS111111 wrote: »
    I airlocked 2. A long long time ago - before the vault and in one of the worst crew slot crisis times. Suliban Reed and (massive regrets) Detective Data.

I too regret airlocking a Detective Data, but it came at a time when I had very limited crew space and already a Tempted Data (thinking "one legendary Data should be enough, right?"). I then got another Detective Data a couple months later after my crew space crisis had resolved itself. Le sigh.

I've airlocked five legendaries: Detective Data (again, sigh), Mirror Reed, Torchbearer Rejac, Captain Pike and Rogue Kai Winn.

For Reed my thinking was "he's not going to be in packs for a long, long time anyways, and he's only got two skills and meh gauntlet cred".

Rejac was a matter of having two skills, and being yet another Klingon with command/security.

Rogue Kai Winn was airlocked because I despise Kai Winn as a character (Louise Fletcher was fantastic, but Kai Winn is evil!!!). Plus she's only got two skills and I'd likely never immortalize her.

Pike was a reward for my highest ever finish in an event, but he's pretty meh. I regret this one a little because he's came up in beholds a few times since, but oh well (and those beholds got me better characters).

I may airlock Lissan and Suus Mahna Sarek if I find myself in another crew space crunch, but I have plenty of crew space at the moment and can afford to let them sit around.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Not planning on airlocking any, but I’ve left several “in message” (Sarek and Will Scarlett) due to space considerations.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot I've WISHED I had airlocked before I FE'd them and they were still useless. But the one legendary I airlocked immediately was Diner Janeway (Agent?) - I think I was in a mood, and did it out of anger that I didn't get the card I wanted. It was before I realized Janeway was DB's favorite character.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've airlocked 3. All were subpar crew from events that I had intended to tank out of but I underestimated my immense skill at this game.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • a few, but because i'm playing f2p and at 1 star they're usually useless with no real chance to gain more stars in a fast manner.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Convergence Day Quark. This was before citations, so I assumed he would never, ever be FF’ed and that he would be not worth the time to level up nor the crew slot to keep him, since I have the Changeling Founder, Rogue Kai Winn, and (after getting/airlocking Quark) Captain Pike for COM/DIP in the gauntlet or on voyages.

The only part I really regret is that I didn’t get anything for airlocking him...550 honor is a big *slice of blueberry cheesecake* but it’s better than a sharp stick in the eye.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two, because space was at a premium, but also...

Assimilated La Forge. Rank-earned in his event, but I had recently gotten Captain La Forge so why would I need another 5* Geordi? (yeah, my bad)

Klingon Janeway. Rank-earned in event too, but I couldn't fathom the idea of seeing that ugly face staring back every day from my crew quarters.

In retrospect, I regret both of these airlocks and vowed not to toss another 5*. I've even kept Proto Barclay, and his art is more off-putting than Janeway.
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've airlocked 1/5 Grilka and Phoenix Cochrane because at 1/5 they would've been useless to me, and I knew I would never waste citations on them when I have so many other legendaries that I actually LIKE that need stars. I also airlocked a 6th copy of Admiral Riker I got from a merit pull.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dismissed Musketeer La Forge in protest of how that debacle was handled.
  • 1-5, I sometimes get one copy to many...rarely
    2 an extra ambassador troi and an accidental airlock of mirror spock before you could reclaim them.
  • General McDuckGeneral McDuck ✭✭✭✭
    Only one....23rd Century Martok...for obvious reasons.
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only one....23rd Century Martok...for obvious reasons.

No love for Mr. Potato Head? Can't say I blame you. I didn't want him either.
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if DB will accept this currency for a 2/5 and ten pack offer?
    b9zfgao8p5kq.jpeg
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have several FFFE legendary crew shame DB can’t trade them for another given the cost to FF a legendary
  • 20 to 40, i really wish DB would increase the honor given by dismissing a legendary...
    I delete all dupes and 1/5s where the crew is not a favorite or at least one that I like... After playing for so long, it’s just not worth it to bother keeping or leveling 1/5s, especially with the power creep on the 4/4s...
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad. Run, don't walk, to Quark's Holosuite!

Immortalized: 140 x 5*, 221 x 4*, 74 x 3*, 47 x 2*, 27 x 1*
  • 1-5, I sometimes get one copy to many...rarely
    I've airlocked 23rd Century Martok twice.
    I've also dumped a Guinan out the airlock twice, as I have her FF and am not interested in obtaining duplicates.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only dismissed maybe 2 legendaries. And it has always been because I already had them FF'd.
    I will never dismiss a legendary even if I don't like the character, only if they are a duplicate.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    1 or 2, I simply needed the crew space.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.